Twinkle Khanna's story from 2nd book to be adapted into a play

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Twinkle Khanna's short story from second book will be adapted into a play starring Lillette Dubey

FP Staff

Oct,20 2017 15:56 48 IST

Tweet

Twinkle Khanna, now more famous for her online avatar Mrs Funnybones and her writings, has scored another feather in her cap. The contemporary writer will soon be a credited playwright as one of her short stories from her second book and recent bestseller The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad has been adapted for the stage by writer Adhir Bhat.

The play will star the veteran actor Lillette Dubey and open next week at the Royal Opera House to an exclusive audience by invitation on opening night.

According to Dubey, Khanna's short story 'Salaam Noni Appa', which chronicles a heart-warming romance is one of her favourites from the celebrated book.

Twinkle Khanna. Image from Twitter | @mrsfunnybones

"When I read the book, I was quite taken by this short story and I immediately contacted Twinkle who was delighted. She recently told me that it is the most popular tale in the book, said Dubey. Twinkle is excited about the play and has promised to be front row cheering the cast and crew of the play as reported by Mumbai Mirror.

After the stupendous success of The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad which has gone under reprint after crossing 1 lakh in sales, similar to the feat she accomplished with her debut book Mrs Funnybones, Twinkle Khanna seems to be busy writing her third novel, as teased in a recent tweet by her.

Another short story The Sanitary Man of Sacred Land from the book about the achievements of the low cost sanitary napkin innovator, Arunachalam Muruganantham, is being adapted into the film Padman. The film is being directed by R Balki and stars Twinkle's husband Akshay Kumar in the lead along with Sonam Kapoor and Radhika Apte.

The former actor, designer, writer, entrepreneur and mother of two, Twinkle Khanna is certainly unstoppable with her wit, intelligence and success skyrocketing in a myriad of roles.

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/twinkle-khannas-short-story-from-second-book-will-be-adapted-into-a-play-starring-lillette-dubey-4159805.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
It's a sweet story. I liked it too. Good to see Twinkle is going places!
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
👏 More power to her. 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Nice to know that her book is adapted into a play! :)