PreeRan FF: That Thing Called Love Ch 5 updated Pg 4

Abhi1393 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi guys! This new PreeRan FF is based on the current track where Prithvi has come with a marriage proposal and it leads to a few misunderstandings between PreeRan and how they eventually sort it out. As I haven't proof read the whole write-up, despite attempts to keep mistakes to a minimum, a few might have crept in. The initial part might be a bit boring but it'll soon catch up. I'll post updates everyday. I'm planning on dividing the whole story into 4-5 parts. Thank you. Criticism is appreciated :)
Index
Chapter 1&2- pg. 1
Chapter 3- pg. 2
Chapter 4- pg. 3
Chapter 5- pg. 4

CHAPTER 1
It had been a rollercoaster ride for the two of them. They started off as arch enemies, from the very moment she had landed in Karan's car,  by a strange twist of fate. She would never have imagined crossing paths with him again and again, forget landing at his house as his beloved grandmother's physiotherapist. The banter continued, from enemies to partners who made a deal to rescue Rishabh from the evil masterplan that Sherlyn had hatched to destroy them, they had gradually come to consider each other good friends and confidantes without blatantly stating so. They had argued like cats and dogs, laughed at nothing in particular till their stomach hurt; and now 6 months later, here they were sitting across each other at their favorite cafe, feeling a little awkward, a little nervous, wondering what the other person wanted to say. 

Two months back, when Prithvi's proposal had come for Preeta, Karan had been left burning with an unexplained sense of insecurity, a heaviness in his heart as if something very dear to him was being snatched away from him. He was confused, angry, disappointed and jealous and he didn't know why. He had tried his best to give the randomest of excuses to convince Preeta to reject the proposal. Sensing the insecurity and Karan's confused state, Preeta had promised him that she wouldn't go ahead with the proposal till Karan approved of her potential life-partner. Preeta went ahead and talked to Prithvi to buy some time, telling him that she would like to meet him and get to know him before she could decide about marriage. Prithvi, without any questions, had agreed to her condition. Karan had been ecstatic with this news, glad to have bought some time to figure out his feelings. Amidst all this, Karan and Preeta had gone ahead and managed to expose Sherlyn. And to celebrate their team work, Karan had asked Preeta out for dinner. 
Karan had a spring in his step as he danced his way to his car to pick up his Kareli, smiling all throughout the journey, wondering if she feels the palpable chemistry they share, the attraction that's so obvious to everyone around them, deciding to pour his heart out to her without losing much time, hoping to convince her that this time he wasn't playing any prank, that he would try to be perfect for her. Reaching her house, he had walked in without knocking just as Preeta had instructed, only to be shocked to find Prithvi giving Preeta a tight hug. Karan had retraced his steps back to his car, with tears stinging his eyes, with a heavy heart that hurt so  bad it was causing him physical pain. He felt defeated, as if he had lost against this so-called perfect guy. More than anything else, he was mad at Preeta for not informing him before accepting Prithvi's proposal. One month had passed since then, neither had he received her texts or calls, having changed his schedule just so he wouldn't have to see her when she came for Dadi's treatment. 
On the other hand, Preeta had had enough of Karan's childish behavior. She had expected better from him. That fateful evening, Karan had walked in at the wrong moment, and despite calling out to wait and listen to her, he had just walked out without turning back. She was miffed to say the least. Just when she thought she had seen a hint of what felt like admiration for herself in Karan's eyes and had allowed herself to dream that maybe, just maybe beneath all those layers, Karan had developed a soft corner for her, Karan had walked in and burst that bubble by letting himself believe what he saw, without giving her a chance to explain herself. She had tried to contact him, but he just wouldn't relent. Finally she had had enough and unlike herself, she had chosen this not-so-honest way to get a chance to meet Karan! She had dropped a text to Karan telling her she was in trouble and needed him to meet her asap. Karan, without a second thought, had rushed to her. 
And now, here they were, sitting right across each other, at what used to be their favorite cafe. 
Edited by Abhi1393 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sheherezade thumbnail
Who said it is boring? 😒
This is damn awesome. Eagerly waiting for the next part ❤️
Abhi1393 thumbnail

Originally posted by: obsessedbyKB

Who said it is boring? 😒
This is damn awesome. Eagerly waiting for the next part ❤️

Thank you so much :)
Really sweet of you. Will update the next part tomorrow!
vinlora thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't found it boring in any angle.
...it was beautiful and interesting...thank u so much yaar...
Abhi1393 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinlora

I didn't found it boring in any angle.

...it was beautiful and interesting...thank u so much yaar...

Thank you so much! Wasn't expecting such a nice response. I'm glad :)
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow its really awesome dear want more on them eagerly waiting for next part continue. soon..
Abhi1393 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Karan.Preeta

wow its really awesome dear want more on them eagerly waiting for next part continue. soon..

Thank you so much :)
Update coming soon :)
Abhi1393 thumbnail

CHAPTER 2

Karan was miffed, not looking her in the eye when Preeta spoke, trying hard to keep her composure, trying hard to not give him a piece of his mind, trying hard to not pull him into a tight hug. 
Preeta: Karan!!! I thought we had become best friends! Mujhe nahin pata tha my kadva karela could go without talking to me for so long! And before you even think of leaving, let me tell you you're not as smart as you think you are! Uss din maine tumhe rokne ki koshish ki, par tum sunna toh dur, mera phone tak receive nahin kar rahe the! Ek baar aake puchh to lete na! Jaise rishte ke time pe aake mujhse lad pade the, waise hi aake jhagda hi kar lete. Ek baar puchh lete ki woh champu aaya kyun tha mujhse milne. Par tumhe toh bas tumhare ilawa sab galat hi lagte hain na! Arre yaar, uss din Prithvi toh bas mujhe thank you bolne aaya tha!
Karan was stunned, his Miss Mental was on a roll! He had missed her, he had missed listening to her scolding him, he had missed the banter which had become such a huge part of his routine, he had missed seeing her beautiful face, the smile that had slowly but steadily spread its warmth in his life, the beautiful eyes that held the key to her heart! Now, as he sat across her, staring at her as she spat fire like a dragon, he couldn't help but smile that trademark goofy smile, even as he sat confused, letting her voice drown out all his fears, all his insecurities. He still hadn't registered much except for the last time. Now with rapt attention, with one eyebrow raised, he reiterated her statement, "Thank you bolne aaya tha matlab?"
Preeta, with an exasperated sigh, continued, "Haan Thank You! Par tum uss din sunte toh mujhe itna bahaana nahin karna padta tumse milne ke liye! Akdoo insaan! Ab suno! Jab maine Prithvi se time maanga tha rishte ki baat pakki karne ke liye, toh Prithvi ne mujhe milne ke liye bulaya tha. Toh hua yun ki:

*Flashback*
Prithvi: Preeta ji, you seem like a really wonderful person. As much as I like you, I think it wouldn't be fair if I wasn't honest with you. Actually, main kisi aur se pyaar karta tha, actually abhi tak karta hoon. Par kuch misunderstandings aur differences ki wajah se hum alag ho gaye. I didn't want to keep you in the dark. I want you to be my friend first. Baaki rishte ki baat toh hum baad mein bhi soch sakte hain! Waise ek baat poochoon, aapko time chahiye, usmein koi problem nahin hai! But I would like to know what exactly is going on in your head. Please feel free to tell me whatever is on your mind, think of me as a friend."
Preeta: Prithvi ji, thank you so much. It was really nice of you to have been so honest with me about your past. As far as I'm concerned, I am not sure if I can go ahead with a new relationship while carrying the baggage of a confused state of mind. As far as your past is concerned, have you ever tried talking to your ex and sorting it out? Kya main aapki kuch madad kar sakti hoon? Don't worry about this proposal. Let's help each other sort out our own lives first. Hai na? 
Prithvi: Thank you so much Preeta ji. You're awesome. I would be indebted to you if you could help me sort out things with her. And I'll help you in any way that you can. Trust me, whoever you fall in love with, will be the luckiest guy on earth. "
*Flashback ends*

vinlora thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely update. ...loved it. .
naina927 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wohhuuu... this one is really nice... would love to read more of it...