Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Women are as much to blame - Tisca Chopra on sexual assault

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

Women are just as much to blame, because they put themselves in those vulnerable positions 

Tisca Chopra
Actor

I'm not even sure that I'm going to say the thing that you want me to say. I'm going to be very categorical when I say that women are just as much to blame, because they put themselves in those vulnerable positions. Why do these women go to hotel rooms? Do they not fear for their personal safety? Have they not heard of people's reputations, and why do they engage with those men?

Why do they not say "N-O:no point blank? And why be alone with a person like that? Every human being is hardwired to protect themselves. Self-preservation is the biggest instinct human beings have, why do they lose that? They think that somehow they will be the one that will duck the pattern and will escape. Knowing someone's reputation, why would you put yourself in that position with them?

Being a woman, I would say that first of all, protect yourself. Don't put yourself in that position. The more women start saying flat-out "nos, the more these men will understand that this is not the way, this is not going to work. But a woman goes and says yes, and so it gives them the authority to say "If this one won't do it, then that one will do it, or "I'll take that one, I'll take this one. So, you know, those choices need to stop becoming available to these men. It just has to be absolutely not possible.

What is happening in Hollywood is largely 30 years of somebody becoming a blatant predator. People, by and large, say "chance maaro, how can it hurt to ask. Unless somebody says "no, and the kind of "no you say, and the manner in which you say it should convey that it is completely unacceptable to even ask this question.

Don't let your career hang in the balance. Work hard on your acting, take a little longer to build your career, don't take any shortcuts.

https://theprint.in/2017/10/17/culture-of-silence-surrounding-sexual-harassment-in-film/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Don't really have time for this today of all days. But here is Lauren Holly who documents her experience with Harvey and why women go to hotels in entertainment industry. 
http://www.laineygossip.com/lauren-holly-opens-up-about-harvey-weinstein-experience-on-the-social/48177

Might I also remind here that Tisca narrated a life experience with a producer who called her in the hotel room to discuss narration. She was lucky enough to dodge that bullet but victim blaming rather than repeatedly questioning the system is defeating the big fight. 
GumGum thumbnail
The reason why you went to Rakesh Roshan's hotel room, as you said, even escaped the situation using the art of manipulation. Yeah, everyone makes mistakes.  Edited by hantel - 6 years ago
GumGum thumbnail
And it doesn't always happen in hotel rooms. There's a reason every producer/director/actor's office room has a couch.  Edited by hantel - 6 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I can't even... ... ... ...  Please just stop taking shit
CuttingChai thumbnail
Originally posted by: hantel

The reason why you went to Rakesh Roshan's hotel room, as you said, even escaped the situation using the art of manipulation. Yeah, everyone makes mistakes. 

Chupa Rustom. Maybe Kangu had an affair with Rakesh Roshan but dreamt that it was Hrithik.
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Some women (not all) use sex to get to places and thats a fact. When things don't go their way they claim sexual assault. But these are the women who ruin it for other majority who undergo actual sexual assault and who are traumatized for life by these experiences. 
I've always detested this pseudo. I'm not surprised at all. ðŸ¤¢
Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

Some women (not all) use sex to get to places and thats a fact. When things don't go their way they claim sexual assault. But these are the women who ruin it for other majority who undergo actual sexual assault and who are traumatized for life by these experiences. 

Their all crooks 😳😳😳

World is full of them 😛
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Disappointed with her response, I expected better from Tisca. Especially when she herself has talked about being in a similar situation in the first place