PreeRan SS- Changing Equations-CHAPTER 2 UPDATED 30.10.17

Affinity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

PROLOGUE

Karan and Preeta had formed a weird friendship as result of their missions together. The fights were still there. The nok jhoks were still there. The one upping each other was still there. Even the teasing was still there. Except now, there was no malice behind it. Both of them had begun to secretly enjoy these few minutes of the day they spent bickering with each other, long for them in fact. Their equation was changing, but exactly where did they stand with each other? They didn't know...Were they mere acquaintances? They participated way too much in each other's personal lives for that. Were they friends? Do friends steal glances at each other, unknowingly mesmerized by the smallest of things? Were they lovers? Whenever they asked themselves that, they screamed no in their heads. Lovers weren't supposed to drive each other crazy with frustration. Plus they wouldn't work out, would they? Karan's Karan. Preeta's Preeta. They were on the opposites sides of the spectrum.

"Mein aur uss mental se pyar. Never," Karan whispered.

"Mein aur uss akru se pyar. Impossible," Preeta whispered.

Edited by Affinity - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing prologue!
Continue soon!
Sheherezade thumbnail
Aww... The last two lines :* please update soon.
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Amazing I love it very much 
Affinity thumbnail
CHAPTER ONE

Preeta walked out of dadi's room, still in a bad mood from that morning. Karan had had a fight with her the day before,when he was dropping Preeta home. Something that Preeta was used to. After all, their weird sort of unnamed relationship was primarily built on their fights. However, when she had tried to talk to him this morning, he had completely ignored her rather than bickering with her. Preeta shook her head, she sounded insane even to herself. She wanted Karan to bicker with her.

Waise toh Karan bin kuch bole yahan se wahan bi nahi jahte. Jab dekho tab chapar chapar karte rehte. Aur kehte hain main bohot zaada bolti hoon toh aaj kya huya? Nahi, usse toh silent mode mein jaane tha. To irritate me even more. Mein kyun itna bhav kah rahi hoon? Acche hain na? Mann bhuddi aatma chupp hain. Lekin, what if he took the fight to heart. Pata nahi mein kaise ban jaati hoon uske samne. Main bhi nah, kuch zaada kahe deti hoon usko. Aur woh hamesha meri help karta hain. Mujhe maafi mangni chaahiye.

As Preeta mustered up her courage to walk up to Karan's room, she saw him engrossed in his phone. She didn't even know if he had realized that she was standing right beside his bed.

"Karan?" Preeta started. She watched him hum in response. Akru kahin ka.

"Karan?" Preeta repeated, trying to gain his attention.

"Bolo," Karan replied, not leaving his eyes from his phone. Preeta sighed. She pondered whether to snatch his phone from his hand or not, but then decided against it. She had to apologize to him after all.

"Karan, suno. I know maine kuch zaada hi bol diya yesterday. I'm sorry," Preeta articulated softly, yet firmly. Karan finally spared a look, even if it was for a second, before looking down on his phone again.

Preeta waited for a response, yet Karan didn't budge. Too tired to fight with Karan, Preeta left for downstairs, running into Rishabh on the bottom of the stairs.

"Aare Preetaji, aap abhi tak yahin hain.? Rishabh asked.

"Haan Rishabhji, aaj dadi ke pair main bohot takleef thi, issliye. Par who abh theek hain," Preeta answered, indicating that Rishabh need not worry about his grandmother.

"Kya main aapko ghar drop kar sakta hoon? Waise bhi itni raat hogi hain. Mujhe hi sukoon mil jayega if I know you got home safe," Rishabh expressed.

For some reason, Preeta felt uneasy. She couldn't comprehend why. Rishabhji was her friend and a good man and he wouldn't fight with her as he dropped Preeta home. Preeta shook her head, telling herself not to think about Karan. As Preeta fumbled into accepting Rishabh's offer, Karan came downstairs, his feet clapping onto a rhythm in her ears.

"Preeta, aacha hain tum nikali nahi. Mujhe Shrishti se koi kam hai, I'll drop you home too," Karan stated. Preeta let out the breath she didn't even realize she was holding. Preeta didn't know why she felt slightly relieved. Maybe it was the fact that Karan had always been the one to drop her home. She was habituated to Karan dropping her home, even despite their regular fights, and bickering all the way in the car ride home, before Karan stopping and running across to her side to open the door for her, and make sure he doesn't get her dupatta stuck in the door to prove his chivalry. It always brought a small smile onto her face, and she lowkey enjoyed ending her day that way. Not that she would ever mention this to Karan. He would never stop teasing her...Or maybe it was the fact that Karan had finally spoken to her that put Preeta's mind at ease. She looked down and smiled secretly, realizing that he had forgiven her, and this was Karan's akru way of making amends.

"Tumhe kya kaam hai Shrishti se, itni raat ko?" Rishabh enquired, with a tone Preeta couldn't decipher. Preeta felt herself tense up. She was unsure if Karan really had work with Shrishti or not. And if he did, why wasn't she aware of it? She could have helped him too, if needed be.

"Woh bhai, Shrishti maa aur papa ki anniversary ko plan kar rahi hain. Usse ek plan discuss karne tha. If she can help me execute the preparation for my performance for them?" Karan countered wholeheartedly, his gaze lingering at her before he turned his attention to his older brother. Preeta wasn't sure if Karan was lying or not.

After asking Karan a bit more questions, Rishabh smiled at Preeta and bid goodnight, before stalking off to his room.

Karan ushered Preeta to follow him into his car. Opening her door for her, he signaled her to sit down. He closed her door, and hopped into his seat, giving Preeta a chance to hide her smile at things returning back to normal between them.

The car ride was full of stolen glances and silence. A silence that had fallen upon them as neither of them knew how to start the conversation. Yet in some way it was comforting. It matched Preeta's relief and Karan's contentment.

"Accha hain, tum pakare nahi gaye, " Preeta smiled, after he parked in front of her house, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Matlab?" asked Karan.

"Woh Shrishti ka bahana. Mujhe bhi lage kuch der ke liye, ki tumhe Shrishti se kaam hain," Preeta voiced.

"Miss Kareli, mujhe sachi mein Shrishti se kaam hain. Tumhe kya lage, main yahan sirf tumhare liye aaye hoon?" Karan responded stoically. He looked at her quizzically, as her smile dropped. He finally let go of his nonchalant faade and began laughing.

"Aare mental, tum bina koi chapar chapar kiye mujhse maafi maangi, aur phir mera no response ke baad bhi tumne kuch nahi kaha. Main itna bhi behrahem nahi hoon. Mujhe toh aahna hi tha. Meri sabse badi fan ke liya," Karan laughed. Preeta looked at Karan with anger calling her his fan yet again, before finally melting into a smile at hearing his laughter. Even though Karan's silent treatment lasted a total of 24 hrs only, she still  had missed this.

"Maine bhi," Karan stated. Preeta looked at him, watching her. Had she voiced her thoughts out loud? Karan winked at her perplexion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if there's any mistakes in the hindi. Dont really speak the language. Hope you guys like it. Please leave a review. It'll help me for the next chapter๐Ÿ˜Š

Sheherezade thumbnail
Awww their convo was sooo cute โค๏ธ And yeah, preeta SHOULD feel uneasy with rishab ;)
Waiting for next part ๐Ÿ˜‰
Affinity thumbnail

Originally posted by: obsessedbyKB

Awww their convo was sooo cute โค๏ธ And yeah, preeta SHOULD feel uneasy with rishab ;)
Waiting for next part ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks lovely. I'm glad you liked the convesation? I was so scared that it didnt make sense and seemed too out of character. 
Haha, next chapter it's Karan's pov mostly and his uneasiness with Rishabh-Preeta. Hopefully you like it๐Ÿ˜Š
Sheherezade thumbnail

Originally posted by: Affinity

Thanks lovely. I'm glad you liked the convesation? I was so scared that it didnt make sense and seemed too out of character.
Haha, next chapter it's Karan's pov mostly and his uneasiness with Rishabh-Preeta. Hopefully you like it๐Ÿ˜Š

The conversation absolutely made sense since these days we're seeing a totally different karan who cares a lot for preeta.
I always wanted to see karan's uneasiness with rishta. And, I am gonna love each and everything related to preeran coz I looove them. On top of that I am sure you will come up with an absolutely brilliant update. So there's nothing to worry about ๐Ÿ˜‰
SunshineMk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It was very very good! 
Waiting for the next part. 
Can't wait to see what you have planned...      :)))
Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome lovely chapter... please update soon