OS collection-|How To ~ - A book by Karan Luthra| (Prologue at Page 1)

Posted: 6 years ago
😆The title🤣

So this is something that I had in mind since I saw PreeRan together for the first time. It will consist of only one shots from Karan's point of view. This is a collection of one shots where Karan Luthra will tell you How to do and not do certain things. I hope you will enjoy reading then all. I will post the first OS most probably by tonight.

Following is the index::

Prologue > How to write a book > Page 1 > Post 5

Chapter 1 > How to catch a criminal red handed > Coming Soon

Chapter 2 > How to not fall in love > Coming Soon

Chapter 3 > How to not profess your love > Coming Soon

Chapter 4 > > Coming Soon
Edited by dmegha - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kapk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh my God  Can't wait to read it! Sounds completely refreshing ðŸ¤—
Sheherezade thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hein? Only titles?

Waiting for story...
__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Superb idea..
So excited to read it ...

*This happened before Rishab-Sherlin engagement. Karan comes at Arora house to check how the decorations at Kumkum Bhagya hall going on.

Prologue - How to Write a Book

I walked inside the Arora house whistling and thinking about how I am gonna tease Miss Psycho when I'll see her. Since the day she entered my life it's been different, irritatingly enjoyable kinda. I know that's not an expression but I just can't describe the way I feel around her. I love it when she frowns in confusion, I love it when she gets easily riled up...ah! the satisfaction that making Miss Kach-Kach shut up gives! Life was boring before her but now I got my entertainment source in form of her.

I grinned wickedly at the sight of Preeta sitting on the sofa with her laptop in her lap as she typed something. She looked older than her age with the reading glasses on. I whistled in order to attract her attention towards me, "Het Psycho! What's up?!"

She raised her head and looked at me with raised brows then pointing a finger upwards she replied, "Fan." I frowned and she tried to hide her smile.

"Very funny!" I made a face and plopped on the sofa seat near Preeta's, "Waise I came here to check on how everything is going at the hall. You know that you guys are hosting Rishab Luthra's engagement party right?! I hope the decorations, food and everything else is upto the mark." I was hoping and ready for her to glare at me and say something in her usual anger that I am used to but she didn't look up and answered without shifting her concentration from her laptop screen to me, "Go to the hall then, Maa aurr Shrishti wahi par hain."

Huffing out a breath I couldn't help but ask, "By the way what are you doing Psycho aunty?!"

"I am writing a book on physiotherapy treatments and precautions that a patient can do himself without needing a doctor." Again she replied without looking at me! Will it hurt her to look at me and then reply, it's not that I want her attention or something. It's about manners, you look at someone while you speak!

"You do realize that you are a doctor right?" I chuckled.

"Tum Karan ho na..Karan Luthra, that's why you won't understand, leave."

"What!" How dare she! Kehna kya chahti hai yeh psycho?! "What are you trying to imply?" What does she mean that I don't understand? Ainvayi, kuch bhi haan! Ab batao if doctors will start telling their patients all the methods of treatment then people won't need a doctor, hai na? What can I say if Miss Psycho is all about ruining her career.

"Karan.." finally she looked up at me, "I am busy, I have to complete this chapter today so please can you leave? Aurr tum toh yahan function ki taiyaariyan dekhne aaye the na? Then go to Kumkum Bhagya hall and see for yourself how good everything is going on." And then again she shifted her concentration to that horrendous laptop! Is a book better than me, the Karan Luthra?!

"Tum na..!" I snatched the laptop from her and placed it under my arm, "Yahan main tumse baat karne raha hoon and you are showing me attitude!"

Preeta stood up and tried to take the laptop away but I turned aside and she sighed in anger, "Pagal ho kya tum? Can't you see I am busy? After so much hardship I have come so close to finishing the draft ab tum nakhre na dikhao mujhe! Jo kaam karne aaye ho woh karo and leave. Don't waste my time." She tried to get her laptop back but I dropped it on sofa and twisted her arms behind her back careful not to hurt her, "Karan! Leave me right now!" she struggled in my hold. Ha! Babe I am too strong for you, you won't be able to get away from my hold. Bwwhhhahah!!

Okay..!! I shouldn't have said that so early because next second she head-butted me! "Ohh ohhh OUCH!! OYE MENTAL! Do you have to be so aggressive? Itni zor se lag, yeh sir tumhara kaunse metal ka bana hai?!" I rubbed my forehead trying to soothe the pain where on the other hand Preeta just smirked and picked up her laptop.

"I ain't sorry for what I did. The moment you held me like that it's as if you requested it." She said pointing towards my forehead, "Listen Karan, I am really busy right now. Do you even know how hard is to write a book?" she gave me that usual frowny tired face of hers, "Please let me complete my work."

I gave her my frowny irritated face, "How hard is it to write a book? I can write one just like that." I snapped my fingers to give it a nice Karan Luthra touch. "Yeh toh mere baayein haath ka kaam hai." I said showing her my right hand.

Her reaction was not what I expected. She laughed. Miss Preeta Psycho Mental Arora laughed at me! How dare she!, "Karan woh tumhara dahina haath hai. Baayaan haath means left hand not the right one." And she laughed some more.

"Whatever! I am just saying that writing a book is super easy for me."

"Ya right! Kabhi likhne ka try bhi kiya hai" she asked. "Pehle nahi kiya iska matlab yeh nahi that I can't do it now. Main tumhe ek book likhke bataunga! Dekhna tum. And my book will be better than yours and it will be a best seller!" I think I have said more than enough.

What the hell! She's rofl-ing now. I didn't tell a joke! "Tum...you will write a book?! Kis bare mein? Cricket tips? Or How to flirt? Or..oh this one is best, "How to make stupid out of yourselves in front of others"" she said air quoting that last title. I glared at her hard, my nostril flaring because of anger but she stood there immune to all this.

"Main job hi likhun, kuch bhi ho meri book ka title. Tumse matlab? You just wait and watch Preeta Arora, main tumhe ek super cool Karan Luthra style book likh kar, publish kar k dikhaunga, aurr haan believe me when I say, it will be a best seller!"

After 5 hours

I stare at the laptop screen, the word document open and completely blank. Maa sahi kehti hai ki beta bolne se pehle soch liya karo. Kaash! Kaash maine yeh salah maani hoti toh ab yeh musibat na jhelni padti! What do I do now? I had thought that writing a book will be so easy. From past 5 hours I have tried to think of everything I can write about but to be honest nothing came up in my mind. It's as blank as this word document that I am currently staring at. I sniffed in irritation and pulled my hair. Just then Sameer came inside my room.

"Bhai what happened?" he asked.

"Sameer, mere bhai, tu meri help karega?" I held his hands in mine. Awkward.

He smiled good naturedly, "Bhai aapko kis liye help chahiye? Kya madad karun main aapki?"

"Bhai I am trying to write a book but I have no idea what to do. Ab yeh mat poochna that why I am doing this, pehle tu mujhe bata ki karun kya main because I have to, I have to write this book."

He contemplated about it for few minutes and then replied, "Bhai usually a person writes about fictional stories, romance, mystery and other stuff or they write about their personal experiences..like an autobiography or you can combine them both. I mean use fictional characters to tell some personal events." Oh-ho..I like the last idea. I can do that! By this I won't be at risk of revealing about my life too much. "Thanks yaar Sameer! Thank you so much!"

I sat back on the chair and wrote the title of my book in big bold italic alphabets "HOW TO~ - A Book by Cricketer Karan Luthra". And added the description too, "A series of how to and how to not do things in Karan Luthra style." Perfect! I grinned and rubbed my hands together. This was going to be fantastic!
Edited by dmegha - 6 years ago
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The title already sounds so Karan-ish
I am so in!
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
it's sound nice waiting for it
Prologue updated!! Check Page 1 Post 5!
Please read and comment!😃
Kapk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Ms. talented writer,

Allow me to start by thanking you for bringing a huge smile on my face while reading every sentence of this exceptionally well-written prologue. Where on earth do you get such creative ideas from?
The best thing about this piece of beautiful writing was your ability to make me imagine the lines being said by Karan Luthra, imagine his annoyed face, his teasing wali smile - basically his swag. You had me glued! It is one of the finest abilities one can achieve as a writer, I believe! Usually, I don't read long FanFics with many parts (mainly as I don't use this playform as much), but trust me - I will be eargerly waiting for the next part 🤗
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Amazinggg can not wait to read your updates