Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Exactly CGM was a warrior and empire builder and nation creator 

He was not a Salim or shah jahan to have love storys with his wives 

He must have been in war field from age 17 till may be till his 50s years to build akhand bharat 

He won afghanistan, pakistan, half of india, nepal and other countries(in past india) etc 

To win so many places how many years he may have fought or how much family time he may have???

Chandra gupta maurya won over nand only at age 32 years(as per real history) after that he may have won many other kingdoms. It takes lot of effort to build an empire even with chankyas brains. So its only logical he may not have time for family, wives and kids or for love(of the 21st century types)

Yes but CGM was close to his first wife and cousin dhurudhara as she was with him in his struggles against nands(he lost a few times 2-3 times bef he won and his mother was beheaded by nand and his siblings put in prison by nand and when he was running saving his life from nand and dhurudhara was with him in those tough times). Similarly he married helena  a greek princess after defeating her father and bindusar was close to greek clan so it can be assumed that both chandra and bindu adored helena as family. But whether nandini existed or whether chandra loved her no such data available. 

There is a literal evidence which says king of patliputra i.e bindusara loved graecians (Greeks) , and cgm too was very much influenced by persian traditions (Helen being half persian and selucid empire was a mixture of Greek and person traditions). In conclusion I say there was no need to show Helen as vamp in both cas and cn but guess her being a foreigner queen in India makes her an easy target for character assassination though ancient India was very receptive of foreign culture. they even like good Greek culture otherwise they were barbarian.
Cgm defeated dhananda when he was 21, he ruled from 321 bc to 298 b.c
Dhananda's daughters are mentioned in mudrarakshasa and parishtha parva but their names are not mentioned. He did marry daughter of Dhananda but to make a whole show on such a petty fact is ludicrous.
Edited by Roxelana - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Luna99NB

Rajat should stop doing historicals ASAP. 
he needs a serious image revamp
I hate it when talented actors kick their dignity by deciding to take up poor quality TV shows that only seek to use their fame for popularity. 
Same goes for Siddharth Nigam too. 
His decision to take part in CN was wrong 
Uparse isska trp aur bhi gir gaya. 
He's genuinely talented- hope Sid gets to prove his mettle in normal fiction shows too. 

I pity rajat , hope he does a modern show and it becomes successful. He badly needs to do a good modern show.
Regarding Sid I want to say what the hell? Seriously after asoka he did this, Bindu and that too a lame , man handling person. Ha ha ha... Not
Alikhan2158 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
For me, the big problem is as it's Ekta's show, she always makes it bullshit no matter the concept, or wonderful cast