Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Kara_R

The paintings in the book depicts a Chinese looking woman. Heard in real life she was Sri Lankan? Artistic licence!

Anyhoo... Deepu looks regal, in spite of the uni.

So She is stilankan...I always though she is from Andhra Pradesh. So nautanki...let srilsnkans fight these battle. You can relax๐Ÿ˜‰
SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 09tanki

I seriously hate when SLB, take freedom and do whatever he feel like and tampering history.  Why can't he keep it simple ? Whats the deal with uni brow ?

Now this a painting...don't think it's true picture? Those three dots on chin represents decoration of tribal and rural community women.
Edited by Sri-R - 6 years ago
Kara_R thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sri-R

So She is stilankan...I always though she is from Andhra Pradesh. So nautanki...let srilsnkans fight these battle. You can relax๐Ÿ˜‰

Whewww ๐Ÿ˜‰
CuttingChai thumbnail
Doubt thats Rani Padmini. Looks like someone drew Tabu as Rani Padmini.
flipfl0p thumbnail

I seriously hate when SLB, take freedom and do whatever he feel like and tampering history.  Why can't he keep it simple ? Whats the deal with uni brow ?

When did this calendar girl became history? (You are presenting it here as if, it is a historical painting). 

This unibrow really got me curious. I read it in wiki now. Even in ancient Rome and Greece culture, unibrows were considered beautiful. Then I wonder, since when they became "ugly"?

Whatever. Deepika has created the buzz for the film just with a poster. No hours of  interviews. Ek uni brow ka matlab tum kya jaano?
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
While this lady is beyond breathtakingly beautiful, it has been severely disputed that this lady was the queen Padmavati. There is no actual pictorial representation of her in history since there are even major doubts whether she existed or not. I wouldn't place much stock by this picture, however stunning & utterly beautiful this lady was.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Idk, I actually love the uni-brow because it perfectly depicts that time & that era & their idea & depiction of beauty. The posters & DP in them, looks Fabulous!to me. It's so strange how something so small can be so divisive. For me this is how someone like Padma would've looked & DP does full-justice. I am far more worried about her acting & heavy South Indian dialogue delivery since that is what ruined Mastani, her face & beauty is the ONE thing no-one should ever be worried about. ๐Ÿ˜†
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Trust SLB to take a beautiful woman like Deepika and turn her into a diluted version of herself. In Bajirao he made her look drunk. She stumbled around with a glazed look in her eyes like she was high or something. And Bajirao, the great warrior, was turned into a blubbering mess of an aashiq.   ๐Ÿค”
Rani Padmini was an exceptional beauty. Doesn't matter what anyone's idea of beauty is, the fact remains the majority must find SLB's depiction beautiful and they are not. That picture in that poster...no one would fight wars over her.Edited by MithiBani - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: LegolasGondolin

There are other pictures which depict rani padmavati with a unibrow.

its the pic of Nurjahan, now thats what happen when wrong character is portrayed, and then everything is changed to make it look real. 

Edited by 09tanki - 6 years ago
SluttySavitri thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

its the pic of Nurjahan, now thats what happen when wrong character is portrayed, and then everything is changed to make it look real. 

Actually, you and the Instagram account are both wrong.

^ It's a posthumous portrait of Mariam-uz-Zamani aka Jodha Bai. The artist is unknown but it was made in circa 1850.

Here's the proof: CLICK

Anyway, IMO it doesn't really matter. The point I've been trying to make all day is that no one knows even if Rani Padmini was real. So anyone is free to imagine her the way they want to. No one is messing with history because there's no history, to begin with. 
Edited by -smolderhalder. - 6 years ago