Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I am not quoting any posts since this one is going to be pretty long. 
Also I'm not gonna claim that the contents of this post are not subjective -because it's my pretty much my opinion but also facts gathered from my acquaintances watching a Broad range of cinematic medium including films and TV. 
Story and characterisation is the most Important part of any cinematic medium,  regardless it's a film or tv serial. 
But still , these 2 terms get thrown around more for TV shows than anything else.
But the thing is that films get too affected by this "concept" thingie
But that I'll come a little later.
The thing is that TV show viewers watch the shows on a daily basis- and if the story is ghatiya For a consistent time and/or the concept doesn't appeal to them, they'll stop watching it after a while 
Also characterisation is very important - TV serials are essentially watched by a population that get absorbed more into the characters than the actors themselves. 
They become so much involved with the story and the characters that they stop thinking the actors as actors. 
Or even if they like the acting of a certain actor,  they are unlikely to follow those actors' future works religiously. 
And then,  now let's come towards the fact that films also apparently works on conceptual basis. 
Now let's answer what makes film stars(even directors) more recognisable by  name among the public in comparison to TV stars .
It's the nature of promotions. 
Regardless of acting talent,  films essentially sought to create a brand for the lead actors rather than put forward their acting skills. 
Content again matters,  but here the main headache is whether it is succeeding in its mission to make the hero a credible entertainer and the heroine a trusted eye candy. 
But in tv shows , it's about characters. 
I have talked with a lot of people who can be classified as TRP audience, and the biggest thing That I learnt is that till the actors are doing okay job,  they don't give a f**k about them. 
This character driven nature of Indian TV serials have ensured that actors never become the main factor of watching a particular show for majority viewers. 
Also,  the broadcast nature of the films and many of the major stars have complete control over their work is another reason why film stars are more famous than TV stars.  
Recently Akshay Kumar has been delivering hits-not because he's a good actor or particularly a charming one,  but because his past few films have been really good that people are putting their bets on him to come up with a good movie. 
But then he took the box office for granted and then produced atrocities like Rustom and Toilet Ek Prem Gatha,  which while had a good concept,  got f**ked up due to Akshay's over self indulgence. 
And also take the example of Aamir Khan -his films get watched just because people have a belief that he'll come up with a good story.
But TV Serial actors don't have that creative control over their work
Also most of them either are unidimensional actors or don't get to showcase their full potential due to the style Indian TV works .
And also their acting is pretty inconsistent given the production house and character 
So you can't trust A TV actor Like you trust Salman Khan to entertain you. 
Plus as I said,  broadcast schedule matters - a film is a one time 3 hr Affair but you've to watch a horrible show everyday for your favourite actor. 
Like,  I'm a huge fan of Ronit Roy. 
But still I didn't watch Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar for more than 2 episodes because simply I didn't like its execution. 
Well,  the story was good but EK f**ked up the execution.
Also the feedback system is also wholly different for TV and Films - while I agree both are not easy to approximate,  but then,  TV serials (and their makers) tend to take the bigger hit for the content they're showing.
Your money will be surely counted in whether you've walked out of the hall in the interval or not (like I did it for A gentleman) , but if you stop watching a TV show because of its faltu content,  then karma surely bites the makers.
Bad written characters can destroy the reputation of a good actor even if he performs his best. 
Due to the above mentioned reasons , A movie star can get away with "character was bad " excuse but a TV star can't. 
All said and done,  TV stars never get to headline their show a way Movie stars can because,  well -following TV stars are quite laborious. 
And most people aren't ready to waste such valuable time that they can easily spend by doing things they like. 
So,  here's the answer -Kinshuk Mahajan won't be able to give Bhootu high trps  
For that,  Bhootu needs to change its storyline because current storyline is kinda old and boring.. 

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey everyone! I just saw the news that Kinshuk has joined the cast of this show and i'll be frank I before this news I barely paid any attention to this show, so then i visited this forum and got a hint of what it is. But to be fair I'd rather watch it from the beginning to get an idea of what the show is all about and judge it accordingly based on that, however the problem and issue is I cant find any of the show's full episodes online, all they have is 5 minute webisodes... so can anyone help me with that... I checked ozee.com but they too only have webisodes and not the full episodes.Edited by Rein123 - 6 years ago
MeowMori thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rein123

Hey everyone! I just saw the news that Kinshuk has joined the cast of this show and i'll be frank I before this news I barely paid any attention to this show, so then i visited this forum and got a hint of what it is. But to be fair I'd rather watch it from the beginning to get an idea of what the show is all about and judge it accordingly based on that, however the problem and issue is I cant find any of the show's full episodes online, all they have is 5 minute webisodes... so can anyone help me with that... I checked ozee.com but they too only have webisodes and not the full episodes.

Hi rein! 
Nice to meet you after a long time
Really missed chatting with you. As with me , I found the full episodes on Ozee 
However,  since it's probably not available in Dubai,  I suggest you to check out the site apnetv. 
You can watch the episodes through that site. 
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hey everyone! I just saw the news that Kinshuk has joined the cast of this show and i'llbe frank I before this news I barely paid any attention to this show, so then i visited this forum and got a hint of what it is. But to be fair I'd rather watch it from the beginning to get an idea of what the show is all about and judge it accordingly based on that, however the problem and issue is I cant find any of the show's full episodes online, all they have is 5 minute webisodes... so can anyone help me with that... I checked ozee.com but they too only have webisodes and not the full episodes.

hii rein 😳 very glad to see you after a long time πŸ€— how are you? πŸ˜ƒ ..

yeah we too came to this show for the same yar πŸ˜ƒ .Km is puller πŸ˜ƒ
yet to see remaining 20epis to be clear reg story and get in touch with remaining characters ⭐️ .
is ozee app too have webisodes only 😲 πŸ˜• not downloaded so don't know πŸ˜† ..need to try other routes πŸ˜‰ ..

catching running epis with km in TV πŸ˜ƒ .they are so good πŸ‘ .the main focus on kids 😳 .pihu -gopal. πŸ˜ƒ pihu -suchi 😳 bonding n kids innocence is most adorable to enjoy in light flow πŸ‘ far better than other crapy sas bahu shows πŸ˜† . πŸ˜‰ ..

yet to see more epis to get idea on which way Aarav -Suchi -pihu drives the show πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘ ..

I wish to see Aarav bonding with pihu 😳 ...
pjyo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna99NB

I think they shouldn't have marketed this show as a remake of the Bengali version.
Or at least they should've changed the name to Pihu(or something else)  to sound less conscipicious.
By enforcing it as the Hindi remake of Bhootu and then again changing the storyline to make it worse, I guess the makers are doing their best bit to alienate the viewers of the original Bengali version.

This isn't an adapted from bengali version -the writer made a post here saying 'only one line cute 5 year old ghost in house is taken from bangla version -rest all changed.'.
Marketing team will  obviously use all tricks to get audience to watch ..I feel their only aim is only to get hindi audiences hooked not to alienate anyone ..whether they succeed remains to be seenπŸ˜†..
Iam enjoying  so far..pihu/gopal and pihu suchi storyline is very emotional ..hero track is quite predictable  and some other character actors are just average ,thats the usual masala tracks ..but iam ok with it as long as pihu's story doesn't get ignored πŸ˜Š
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi chandu and @luna99 thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I know its been quite long but then I didn't really have anything to watch on TV and discuss it online either😊
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Must watch epi ...everything in good. Right flow ... Aarav -Suchi 😊 .Perfect Boss goals ...πŸ‘πŸΌ suchi .πŸ˜† attitude for self respect .. Aarav ❀️ correcting Attitude with right method ..

suchi done bezzatthi with attitude πŸ˜† ..Aarav in angry mood.. ❀️..
later suchi impressed all by presentation ..Deal settle for office ..Aarav maintains very manner mode ❀️. still suchi self respect stand .πŸ˜†.

so next lesson around ..impress client in next hour ..coffee slipped on suchi cloths as usual by her urgence ..πŸ˜†..

Aarav fixed target --daag office ko nahi lagna chayiye πŸ˜†..suchi accepted challenge ..

Precap - the client is pihu real mom ..gopal informing pihu suchi doing Wat she offered for pihu .. a beautiful flow n connecting joints ..

pihu mom teaching painting to kids in school ..pihu drawing mom drawing in another room ..missed her mom ...

so Aarav painter angle too on the way ❀️Edited by vinnas - 6 years ago
MeowMori thumbnail

Originally posted by: pjyo

This isn't an adapted from bengali version -the writer made a post here saying 'only one line cute 5 year old ghost in house is taken from bangla version -rest all changed.'.

Marketing team will  obviously use all tricks to get audience to watch ..I feel their only aim is only to get hindi audiences hooked not to alienate anyone ..whether they succeed remains to be seenπŸ˜†..
Iam enjoying  so far..pihu/gopal and pihu suchi storyline is very emotional ..hero track is quite predictable  and some other character actors are just average ,thats the usual masala tracks ..but iam ok with it as long as pihu's story doesn't get ignored πŸ˜Š

TBH My real problem is that I'm a traditionalist and more than that,  I am a fan of the original one. 
Also one thing,  Pihu 'S family is shown to be a Bengali one but we don't have names like Pihu here. 
Pihu is a distinctly a non Bengali name. 
We definitely have a Bengali similar sounding name,  Piu.
And that's where apart from quite a ghissa Pita storyline, the makers have gone wrong. 
I feel the trps are quite decent for the time slot. 
Kinshuk is definitely doing a good job - I can certainly give him marks for that. 
Nobody can do Aarav like Kinshuk is doing. πŸ˜‰
BTW,  Since Suchi is kinda inspired From Mouli of the Bengali version- here's another Trivia:
The character of Mouli was played by Manali dey. 
But coincidentally,  Sana Had played the lead in Gustakh Dil,  the sloppy Hindi remake of An irritating Bengali show Bou Katha Kow. the bong counterpart of Sana 'S Laajo was Mouri -and incidentally , Mouri was also played by Manali Dey. πŸ˜›πŸ˜³
And I must say,  she's doing a good job , given that I'm a big fan of Manali 

Edited by Luna99NB - 6 years ago
MeowMori thumbnail

Hi chandu and @luna99 thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I know its been quite long but then I didn't really have anything to watch on TV and discuss it online either😊

Hindi shows have turned into Shit. 
I am watching CID and Beyhad too but feel lethargic to discuss them. 
I have started watching Bhootu for Kinshuk and looks like I'll stick since the story is getting better from the coming weeks. 

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi chandu. I am fine. Bhootu's timing not permit me to watch the show. Even the repeat timings also not my favour. I didn't watch a single episode. So no idea about the show