She can kill with a smile
She can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child
But she's always a woman to me...
Oh, she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
She can do as she pleases
She's nobody's fool
But she's always a woman to me...
Lyrics- Billy Joel
There is something very special about Sanaya Irani - something that merely words can't express.-Her eyes ... hazel in some light, green in others. They light up her face and express her emotions more than any words can do. If eyes are the window to the soul, then Sanaya has a beautiful soul, as clear and transparent as her eyes. When her eyes light up with laughter, everyone around laughs with her. When they cloud with tears, they wrench viewers' guts and make one want to kill whoever hurt her. And when they sparkle with mischief, they make everyone feel that all's right with the world. She conveys a myriad of emotions through her eyes, they change with her every mood, every expression. No words are needed when Sanaya's eyes speak, for her eyes say it all.
Her smile ... lights up the surroundings. Effervescent and sparkling, it draws the world in and invites all to smile with her. 'The world is beautiful,' it seems to say, so enjoy life, be happy and keep smiling.' Her smile is infectious and all-encompassing. Smile and the world smiles with you' seems to have been written for Sanaya.
Her face ... Sanaya doesn't have the most perfect features, nor the most beautiful face in the world. But when you see her, it's difficult to remember that. She's a natural screen stealer - when she's on screen, it's difficult to look at anyone else. Her beauty lies in the perfection with which she portrays emotions, the way she draws in her audience to share every single feeling she expresses on screen. Her flawless skin and porcelain complexion, a heritage of her Iranian ancestry, makes her face glow on screen, and add to her natural beauty. And off screen or in real life, with no makeup, she looks gorgeous, young and simply beautiful, her straightforward nature and sparkling effervescence is far more attractive than any simple criterion for beauty.
Her nature ... Sanaya's true beauty and her most compelling draw is in her nature. At first look, she seems loud and ebullient and simply bindaas. Then one looks deeper, and sees the person beneath - a girl who is simple, honest to the core, deeply committed and faithful both to herself and to her loved ones, talented, dedicated, extremely hard working and completely professional, a girl who gives whatever she does, her 100 percent, and is fiercely loyal to her friends and loved ones. A girl who makes friends and gets along with everyone, from the spot boys on the sets to the backstage crew, to even the dogs and homeless kittens on the sets ... and of course, with all her co-actors and co-workers. A girl who is bold, beautiful, brash, outspoken, honest ... a girl who says what she feels, and doesn't worry what anyone will think of her. Take her or leave her - but don't try to change her. She is what she is, and unless she feels the need to change, she will not. And what you see is pretty much what you get, no hidden messages or playing games for Sanaya.
Confident in herself and in her own skin, Sanaya is truly a new age woman. No wonder Sanaya is so loved and admired in her field, by all those close to her, those she has worked with, and by her legions of fans, the ones who watch her on screen, and simply admire her as an actress, and even more by those who follow her off screen and love her for the person she is.
So here's wishing our golden Sunshine girl Sanaya A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. We wish you a day as wonderful as you are, surrounded by all the happiness that you have given to millions of fans, and blessed with the love of your loved ones, and the ones all over the world, who love you very much. May you always be surrounded by all the love, happiness and success in the world.
She is one of the most popular faces on TV, loved and respected by fans and well wishers all over the world. Her hard work speaks for her and so does all the love and adoration she has amassed over the years with her affable nature, playfulness and her warm and caring attitude. She is none other than television's darling, the one and only Sanaya Irani.
Sanaya's USP is her 'Never Say Die' attitude which makes her stand out. She has done a variety of roles in her career and in each of them, she puts that extra flavour that gives life to her characters, making them immortal so to speak. After graduating from Syndenham college, one of Mumbai's most prestigious institutions, Sanaya's plan was to do her post graduation in MBA but destiny took another course. She entered the world of glamour and glitz with a small role in the much acclaimed film, Fanaa but deciding later that she needed more exposure in the small screen, she switched to modelling.Despite the challenges she had to face, she worked hard and her efforts bore fruit in the form of her starring in advertisements alongside many popular actors like Shahrukh Khan etc.
Doing advertisements, she realized her love for being in front of the camera and decided to try her hand in television. Her beginning wasn't smooth as she was told that 'She didn't look too Indian'. But there was that spark in her, to do something on her own two feet, to show what she was capable of. She was offered the leading role in Rajan Shahi'sBidaai but turned it down for a smaller role in Left Right Left,where she could work on her Hindi oratory skills. Such was her commitment that from then onwards she asked her colleagues to speak only in Hindi for getting the diction better. Her impeccable dialogue delivery in her future shows is a testament to her hard work and commitment. She also portrayed a grey shaded character in NDTV Imagine's Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikahyengi.
Her first big break and her breakthrough came through one of Star One's much loved show Miley Jab Hum Tum where she portrayed the sweet, mild and geeky Gunjan. Her eyes mainly emoted her feelings and Sanaya did this with aplomb thus enabling many to identify themselves with the character. After Gunjan came her most iconic role till date making history in television medium for the appreciation, love and affection it amassed from avid TV watchers all around, in Star Plus's show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. Khushi Kumari Gupta's chirpiness, her chatter, her fun loving nature, her sadness, her eyes crinkling with laughter, Sanaya did them all. Comedy isn't an easy genre but she took it as a challenge and made history, thus showing her versatility as an actress. Her onscreen pairing with her co star Barun Sobti was widely appreciated and adored by fans by the millions and ArShi as they were fondly known, became a pair never to be forgotten.
After IPK's unexpected end, Sanaya tried her hand at yet another diverse role through Sony TV's Chhanchhan. Unfortunately, this show did not do so well though her performance and pairing with Anuj Sachdeva was appreciatend and liked.
After taking a well earned break and hosting few shows in between, then came Colors'Rangrasiya, an intense love story. 'Paro' has been her toughest roles till date, as this was one character that was diametrically opposite of Sanaya's nature. She worked extra hard, especially with the Rajasthani dialect ad shooting in rough terrains but once again, her efforts paid off and yet again was another unforgettable character Parvati aka Paro. It has been acknowledged that this was one of her best character portrayal so far.
After Rangrasiya wound up, Sanaya finally took up a show that she had been offered more than once over the last few years - the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa. Till then, she had been busy with her fiction shows, and she had always maintained that she could not do two shows simultaneously. With Rangrasiya over, she could now follow her other love, dance, and as she said, this gave her, a completely untrained dancer, the opportunity to learn dance from an experienced choreographer.
Sanaya may not have won the show, but she was first runner up to a trained dancer and won millions of hearts along the way, with her amazing performances, her enthusiasm to learn, her sheer hard work, her sincerity and commitment, and her undeniable grace and natural talent.
After a couple of false alarms with regards to her return in fiction shows, Sanaya graced our television screens when she appeared as a contestant with her husband and the love of her life Mohit Sehgal, in Nach Baliye. The much in love couple won millions of hearts while constantly delivering awesome, stupendous and out of the world dance performances every week. Sanaya shone is each and every performance and was highly regarded as one of the top dancers in the show. The couple also stood out due to their sincerity and genuine love and companionship that they showed during the series. The couple went all the way to the finals and came second runners up. Now with two of the biggest dance shows in her pocket, having won laurels as an amateur turned professional dancer, everyone is awaiting with bated breath for her return to Indian television in a fiction show. Given her principles, we are sure whatever she chooses next, will be another feather in her cap.
Sanaya's natural charm, her sunny nature,her positivity and her friendliness comes through making all those who interact with her like her for the person she is. All those glowing words, appreciation and support from her colleagues in the industry and her close friends are all an ode to the lovely human being that she is.
And now on this day which we look forward to with utmost happiness year after year, our only prayer is that you always remain happy and your sunny smile always charm all you come across. May you always get the best things in life and your life be filled with colours and dreams and hope and love. Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday Sanaya!
1. Because she's honest and straight forward, what u see is what u get with her because she is what she is ... no hidden agendas, no false words!
2. Because she has a completely optimistic and positive outlook towards life, she knows how to find the silver line in any dark cloud and make life happy for herself and for everyone around her as she takes the positives out of every negative
3. Because she gave us Khushi who was like a ray of sunshine in so many of our lives.
4. Because She is very friendly ... makes the atmosphere on the set friendly and positive for everyone and even if someone doesn't talk to her she has no starry airs and would happily talk and break the ice!
5. Because she's a fabulous actress who doesn't just act her characters but projects the character she plays and makes you feel and live her characters with her
6. Because she is adorably crazy and remains to be so!
7. Because she became our Paro and taught us that 'being gentle and soft doesn't mean you are weak, but that it takes courage to be gentle in a world so cruel.'
8. Because she takes life seriously under that laughing exterior, her work seriously, but not her stardom
9. Because she is so hardworking and dedicated, she loves her work and gives it her all
10. Because she does not take any role for granted and gives her 100% to the role
11. Because she works on her weaknesses so that we finally see the flawless final product on screen
12. Because she feels for the weak and less fortunate ... be they her staff, the crew, the daily wagers whose livelihoods depend on the shows,
and even for the stray animals on the sets. And she fights for people
who are weaker than her and sticks to her convictions no matter what!
13. Because she treats everyone alike be it a spot boy or a movie star, and is who she is no matter what!
14. Because she's an intelligent and thinking actress - she thinks about her characters, and works on her portrayal ... she delves into the psyche of her characters and virtually lives them on screen
15. Because she truly cares! If someone is sick she would be the first person to care, to feed them, give medicine or that sunny smile and a warm hug!
16. Because she knows how to be brutally honest but yet be impeccably polite and classy!
17. Because she is so unaffected by her fame and remains down to earth and the real beautiful human being she is even after all these years!
18. Because she has her priorities straight
19. Because she is a sheer professional towards her work and has the best work ethics we have ever seen in a young lady!
20. Because she is incredibly supportive to her co-stars! And because she is generous with her praise and stingy with criticism, except when she is criticizing herself! And because she praises all her co stars regardless of whether the show is a hit or miss and acknowledges their contribution
21. Because she finds happiness with little things in life
22. Because she is a very responsible person who understands the gravity of what she has taken up and every single time lives up to all the expectations her team has of her
23. Because she has a heart that is even more beautiful than her angelic face because her beauty is not skin deep, it comes from the heart.
24. Because be it a success or failure in life - she sees it through to the bitter end, with admirable courage and perseverance!
25. Because she loves to laugh and to make others laugh!
26. Because she doesn't take shortcuts in life, she has worked hard for everything she has achieved!
27. Because she keeps spirits up, even when everyone around her is feeling down ...
28. Because she acknowledges each and every show and character she has played, regardless of hit or flop
29. Because she doesn't go back on her words and has always been truthful to her fans!
30. Because she would never complain if she is injured, she would take it as a part and parcel of her work and work harder. In fact she would go out of her way to ensure no concession is given to her using that as an excuse!
31. Because every single time she speaks she makes us proud at how sorted and dignified and genuine she is!
32. Because she even today is endearingly unaware how beautiful she is and is unaffected by everything that would turn the head of any normal person!33. Because she makes Married life seem like a hoot for us unmarried ones
34. Because amidst all the laughs and teasing she showed us how deep and real her personal life is in a fickle industry where relationships are more often than not used to further careers & gain fame! The way she supported each other during Nach Baliye was truly amazing!
Links to the above (In case a YT video doesn't work)
1. Aapko MJHT mein sab kuch milega, youth show, saas bahu show, sab kuch milega, just keep watching for the next 5 years n u will get everything u want in the show!
2. When Arjun & Mohit tease her about having to learn to cook as she cannot expect to have her saas to cook for her after marriage she happily quips, haan sach mein I would love to marry a chef! So all u chefs out there, I am waiting!'
3. To Mohit & Arjun backstage of the college play, maine kaha in dono ko Vegas jaana chahiye, waha bohot badi badi shows hoti hai, pata hai' and the whole lot of others try to shush her up telling u r on camera!, control urself!' n she goes, haan dono aise...' n again everyone protest trying to stop her n she giggling finishes with theek hai theek hai math jao yaar Bombay mein bhi hota hai!'
4. Arjun talks about his friendships on the MJHT sets and says Sanaya is obviously on top of the list, I know her from since before, Left Right Left mein bhi hum ne saath mein kaam kiya tha.. aur..' & Sanaya goes, jab hamara affair chal raha tha!'
5. Digging in to a full on yummy chocolate cake she goes, Actually aaj kal mein diet kar rahi hu!' n when she is teased pointing at the cake in her hands, she goes, diet karne ke koshish kara rahi hu!'
6. On her b'day in 2010, when asked about MoNaya being just friends, n she goes, agli saal tak koi setting ho jayenge, tension mat ho, sab bata denge!'
7. On her b'day in 2010, at the end she says I would like to thank Saas Bahu aur Saazish kyunki har saal meri b'day pe who log, even though mein bolt hi hu Chocolate cake lekar aao phir bhi hamesha Black Forest cake leke aathe hai!' n goes on to thank further! (For the record - never again did SBS forget her chocolate cake! LOL)
8. When we went to Lucknow, in whatever vehicle we sat driver used to ask us chickn ki yaha le jao' aur mein soch rahi thi kya Laknow mein achcha chicken khaane ko milta hai!' LOL
9. In the episode shoot after guest house one, when she is given the stethoscope she keeps it on Barun's chest, listens for a while with a confused look and goes Pathar ka dil hai, pathar! Kuch sunai nahi de raha hai!'
10. The resignation letter she writes off screen which is all of Sanaya's creation! AR Group of companies subject resignation to whom so ever it may concern. This is to bring to your kind notice that I hate you, you loser, piece of beep you deserve the worst, ******'
11. In the Teej episode shoot when asked what they were doing after saying they were accidently getting married she asks the reporters for wedding gifts! dahej nahi maang rahi hu, gift maang rahi hu, shaadi mein ayi hu paise do!' n actually goes, arre paise do mike lo!'
12. Her message to her brother for Rakshabandhan, Mein apne bhai ko ek message bhejne wali hu, This is for uNauj, I loveee uuu and happy Rakshabandhan & now that u make sooo much money send me some!'
13. On what kind of daily shows you will be taking up?
We are ready to offer some steamy scenes ek do scenes bonus bhi mil jayenge, ab jo hamari shaadi ho gayi hai!
14. The production house decided to set Khushi on fire! They were like let's light something up. So they were like light up Khushi!'
15. Waise bhi Khushi jeens aur T-shirts pehenni waali thi. Lekin jaise hamare director ne entry mara, usne bola, NAHIII!! Meri heroine dupatta pehenengi!' in a bit as an afterthought, 'along with the suit obviously!'
16. When a speculation on one Khushi having 3 suitors after her at once she says, mere pati ko na massage karna... he should know how to massage well & he should know how to cook well! Bas yeh do choti choti cheeze.. saath saath mein good looking ho, rich ho, aise waise...'
17. To Barun after the mango juice scene, Tere bachpan mein tune kabhie susu nahi kiya?'
18. Khushi slapping Arnav in the guise of killing a mosquito and afterwards, Mein bohot kush hu! Aajmeri sari kwaishein puri ho gayi hai! Meine Barun Sobtiko tappar mara! Yeh scene, matlab meri itne mahinoki hard work ka phal hai!' and proceeds to give a thank u speech I would like to thank my mom & dad, I would like to thank the writers, the screenplay writer, the dialogue writers, aap logone sachmein... thank you very very much! Aaplogoneke bina yeh kabhi nahi ho pata'
19. She gets this set of gifts from a fan, most of it is for her & after thanking for her personal gifts n her own box of chocolates she lands her hands on the box of chocolate meant for the whole team & seeing it's also chocolate she goes, This is also chocolate!! OHHH Nobody is getting this!! Mistake, u all shouldn't have given it to me! Anyway I just want to clarify things, Anjali doesn't like chocolates' looking shocked, cz its too sweet according to her! Barun doesn't like chocolates' looking a little worried, mami likes it.. and so does nani..' n then with a conspiratory look goes, but they don't know!sooo..' n finally says happily, 'ok no I am gonna give this to them, cz u gave me a separate box!'
20. Jaya Parvati joh wrat hai na, obviously its something to do with the husband' n giving Anuj a scowling look continues, kash mein yeh wrat nahi rakti aur yeh..' gesturing him breaking neck n dying n going to heaven, 'aur phir aata meri teesra Manav!'
21. After stuffing herself with samosa on CC sets patting her tummy lovingly she says, 'yeh jo meri pet mein paap pal rahi hai na' and when Anuj tease about it being a samosa, she agrees to it saying 'isiliye samosawala ne baap ban gaya!'
22. As ur role Paro, what kind of message would u like to convey to your fans?
Sanaya : *very seriously and solemnly* I would like to say, Don't be like Paro! *Suneri, Maitili giggle*
Ananya exclaims : WHATT?? Shocked i would say the opposite!!
San : what rubbish! Don't be like Paro! Some man is like is treating her like this and he has taken her hostage! NO!! Kick his ASS!! ok? If u are in my place, *turns to Ananaya and says seeing her saying NO* : what rubbish! If u r in Paro's place Kick Rudra's ASS!! And kick *she is about to point at Mohini and says to 'kick her ass too!'*
23. 'You know how rats are, they nibble away and you can't feel them.. toh subha jab mein uti toh, chuha ne mujhe kaata pair par' concocting a cock and bull story for us instead of telling what really happened!!
24. Interviewer asks, "something that u remember that someone had done really special for u, even if u don't wanna name that person. On a valentines day or in love."
Sanaya goes, " no no I have had a very sad life (continuing pretty sadly) see no matter, I mean even though people probably think like find it hard to believe, like 'oohh she must have been wooed by a lot of guys' NO! Never! *Emphasizing* NEVER!! Like i remember valentines day that used to go by in college and people used to be like planning their days, and i used to be like, EVEN MY FRIENDS Don't ask me!! I don't need like a 'date' to ask me, somebody! And then my father would be like 'baby u come with me, we will do dinner on valentines day' 'So ya no, I have not really been wooed'
25. I can't believe this!! I really can't believe this! I never thought I will get a forty on this show! I never thought! Thank you, agar aap aur achche performances, OMGGG I am so excited! I can't believe this! Mommm daddd I love youu!!
26. Jai claimed he was a very serious choreographer and all, and then I think he met me!
27. Kya friendship? Kaha hai hum friends? This is strictly professional!! (to a flummoxed Jai)
28. Oh are u serious, this is my gift? ooohh so sweet! Kitne kameene dosth hai mere!!
29 . During ITA 2015, when asked about being nervous for stage performances - We have been judged so much in our life that there is no more nervousness, I know if I make a mistake they will put a clapping shot or close up dikha denge!
30. On being asked if the ITA trophy is in your hand what would you say to it-I do not talk to trophies, I am not demented!
31. What is happening in your current life?
(during Ariel campaign)Abhi kuch nahin, ab hum gharpe ariel ke saath kapde dho rahe hain
32. How has life changed after marriage?
We do jhadu-pocha together, dusting together, kapde saath mein sukhate hain, its very romantic, very very romantic
33. On their house help leaving for vacation
As soon as we were married our house help left on vacation "main ja raha hoon, ab ye ghar sambhalna, ab main is ladki lo sikhata hoon, house wife hona kya hai"
34. Sargun's party "Main to Jaani dushman hoon, I am the vamp in this party"
1. I also believe that we need to keep the spirit up and not let grey aspects bring us down.
"I mean its ok guys, think of the good things of our show, remember the good stuff and go with a smile because, we all are gonna land up working, everyone is going to move ahead and have their own lives, so smile for the last time don't cry."
2. I believe in karma and hard work and I feel that there is a time for everybody and you have to make the most of it.
3. I am always high in life and love my life. I feel blessed that I have a family and have 2 hands, 2 legs and get to do what I love and that I am a happy person. In life I only want to be healthy and fit. She repeated this once again After the week 6 of NB8 after they performed on the Mumbai attacks and reliving the horror she personally went through she said 'I am telling all these things because I truly feel we are really blessed, to have our parents, two hands, two legs and we should not grumble about anything in life. Thank god for where we are today.'
4. I believe that in life everything happens for a reason. And for me something bigger and better like Rangrasiya had to come my way. So, I believe that is why this has happened
5. I think I have been lucky in the industry, with the shows I got, with actors I worked with so everything has always fallen into place. I am lucky to have made a place for myself here.
6. I will never do work for fame or money but for my love of it
7. And I think all actors have hits and flops in their life but that doesn't take away from the talent they have.
8. It is a very good feeling. It is very rare when you feel you will get to learn from somebody else.
9. I believe an actor is an actor whether you are in a flop or hit film, it doesn't matter. We have put in so much hard-work.
10. I think there is no point to dream as it is not going to come to me just because I dream of it.
11. I want to thank everyone who has voted for me till now. Thank you so so so much! It is an important journey for me, I want to grow. And I don't want to leave Jhalak stage till I don't grow. So the most disheartening thing would be like, if I am like OK and then I leave the stage and go. I really wanna become good before I go or win, whichever. And I promise I will work harder and harder and we will give you all better acts.
12. My loved ones are my strength and my weakness too.
13. I get happy with little things. I get on cloud 9 with the smallest things.
14. My Mom is the best human being I've ever met on this earth. Actually I admire a combination of both my mom and dad.
15. I am really bad at compliments because when give me them, I feel very weird
16. I am a chilled out and simple person leading a simple life
17. I would like to believe that the life I am living right now is the ideal one. I don't regret doing anything I do in life.
18. I feel that I ha ve been lucky enough to get roles that have been different in nature and at the same time I have been able to connect with all the roles that I've played
19. Teen saal tak mujhe kuch kaam nahi mila, mein aise hi ghoom thi thi auditions de thi thi. Meri mummy ne kaha ki ' I am sorry baby, ek kaam karo tum padhlo' But thab mujhe ek irritation sa hua tha ki mujh mein kya nahi hai, joh sabmein hai? Why is it ki baaki ladkiya ads kar pariyi hi aur mein nahi kar pari yi hu? Toh meine kaha 'mein karoongi! Paanch ads karoongi, chor dungi aur phir padhai karoongi. lekin karoongi!'. Aur aaj mein believe nahi kar sakthi hu ki woh yehi ladki hai thodi shy thi rehethi thi, ajeeb se rehethi thi, woh aaj poori duniyake saamne national television pe acting kar ri hi..
20. Unless and until somebody is brave enough to experiment once again and it works, there won't be anyone to follow the path
21. I take life seriously. We have been given a beautiful opportunity as human beings to make a difference and we should make full use of this is what I think.
22. The show is not only about Gul, me or Barun, 150 people work on the set, they make the money out of this and its not fair that something should happen to the show just because of this.
23. I love it! I love my job! There is no life left, I don't get a chance to watch movies, go on holidays, BUT I think everyone chooses what they wanna do. And I chose this, and I am ready for it, though its a little hard. I am not regretting at all!
24. The thing is when I started working in the TV industry I got some really good offers at that time on Star Plus for lead roles, but I made a conscious effort not to take a lead in a show because I didn't speak the language, I didn't know how confident I was. So I didn't wanna go over there and make a fool of myself. I didn't want people to point at me and say 'she doesn't know how to act! Who made her a lead?'. I Made the industry as my acting school, I decided I was going to learn - and I am going to perfect it and then I am gonna take something good.
25. During MJHT she always had given food to the stray animals b4 she ate her lunch in MJHT sets. And next one how she did the parking assistant duty every night after packup to check under every vehicle to make sure no puppy was under the vehicles, after one puppy was crushed under a wheel..
26. Mein jaanthi hu yeh bohot short notice se hamari show band hua hai, lekin mein sach mein dua karti hu sabko kaam miley and that you all do well in life (I know its in such a short notice that our show shut down, but I truly pray that everyone gets work, that all of you do well in your life)
27. I truly am very proud of doing a show like Rangrasiya. It was very demanding for an actor and I was so happy to give that! If I could go back in time and and somebody would tell, do you still wanna do Rangrasiya, I would sign on that contract 5 times again and again - because I think what I have got in these 9-10 months of the show, I don't think I would have gotten, like 3-4 years of any normal regular daily soap.
28. I am amazed that people wait so long in lines to go do Ganpati darshan, and I feel bad that we get to skip the line and go inside through the VIP section, because for god everyone is equal, its us humans who differentiate.
29. I really worked hard, I went home thinking about it, I would sleep thinking about it, I would wake thinking about it, look in the mirror, try to do things, I really worked hard. I gave it my all. I would sit and read, because my hindi, again is a problem, I would sit in my room and do my lines again and again and again, so that I wouldn't fumble even that much. I wanted to get it bang on. So I really did a lot.
30. Before Jhalak began - I just wanna say guys, you guys have like a lot of expectations from me. Just lower it! I swear to god, I don't know how to say this, just lower it a little. I promise I will improve with every week. I know ki when people see me in awards functions and all they always say 'Sanaya can dance! Oh she will be so good' and seen me dance in my shows. But this is a different ball game altogether. So that is why I am saying, lower it a little and I promise I will become better and better.
32. I am working really really really hard and injuring myself a lot, I have heard that these are the things that happen to you before everything goes well. So ya.. Toh yeh sab hote reheta hai. Normal hai..
31. "some people often say that we can go ahead easily in a reality show." Says Sanaya, "We have got the fan following from the work we have done before. Sometimes people tell us, 'Oh, you guys will go ahead as you will get votes.' I have heard that a lot in my previous shows that you have gone ahead only because you have the votes and because people love you. I just say that I have worked hard for it, I don't feel bad about it, I have been around for 8-10 years in the industry and have worked my ass off, so stop judging me and saying that just because I have the votes I am going to go far."
33. About struggles and success
Yeh bura time face karke, achcha time dekjkar hi jaaongi yahan se
34. After the acid attack aftermath depiction in NB8 Terence asks how she felt about having to look like that on camera as she is an actress for whom usually their looks is everything, and she said, 'when this act got conceived Nishant asked me "Will you do it? Because you have to look like this" I said, that is an insult to me as I am an actor, of course I will do it! And I was like "I want all the daag (scars) and I still want the beauty of this to show" If we have managed to show the beauty we have managed to do what we were trying to do.I also want to say recently I read in a paper that jiske saat yeh hadsa hua tha, ek ladki ki shadi hui thi (a girl who had to go through this horror, her marriage happened). I had tears in my eyes when I saw it, she was.. woh dulhan ki tarah tayyar hui thi(she had dressed up as a bride) and it was... it is so special for every woman that day! People like these inspire me, I salute all the people who stand by these women'
1. Lalit Mohan:
You are my angel Sanaya. You have improved so much. I thank god for making me your partner in Jhalak.
38. Abigail Pande
She is very lovable in general! Very lovable! I don't know how to explain it in words.. and because it's SANAYA!! She HAS done a lot of work in the past. So you know initially I thought maybe she will have an attitude of her own, maybe she won't like talking. But she is a cutie! She is so funny when she laughs and you know she makes everyone laugh
39. Bharati Singh
Sanaya mujhe bohot pyarisi, matlab duniya se pare jhallisi, todisi befikresi, cutesi lagta..
40. Pritam & Amanjot
Sanaya is so full of energy, life. Meine bohot samei badh koi aise ladki ko dekha joh off screen on screen dono ke saat is so upbeat, lagta hai bohot achcha hai and her energy seems so positive
A fantastic role + a fantastic actress = Extended waiting period. The very thought alone brings a smile on my face because any Sanayaholic knows that it is going to be worth the wait. I am lying, it is an arduous task.
It is such a beautiful feeling to watch you play a part to the T, and also have a good laugh about the shots behind the scene. Your entertaining prowess is amazing and definitely, addictive.
Sanaya and hardwork are synomynous. Watching the same once-non-hindi-speaking actress portray Khushi, Paro and Gunjan is proof enough. Wishing many more feathers be added to your cap soon! Best wishes.
Beauty and Sanaya co-exist. I love your smile, it is infectious.
Dear Sanaya, you are the Sunshine that warms and envelops everyone around you with your charm, your beautiful self inside and out and your bubbly personality. Happy happy birthday Darling girl
Khuda bhi aasmaan se jab zameen par dekhta hoga
Mere Mehboob ko kisne banaya sochta hoga
May your birthday be filled with many happy hours and your life with
many happy birthdays. Wishing you a day that is as special in every way
You are beautiful just not only in looks but also the way you think and what you do and the way you do it makes you more beautiful.
Buon compleanno, Sanaya!
May your life be always filled with laughter,loud music and sweet cakes, just as today!
Toria e SophiaI love you Miss.Sunshine...my first ever real girl crush.
I have a hopeless crush on someone I have no chance with, because she is a girl and I am too - Sanaya I am talking about you
You think you are special because it's your birthday today. That's complete nonsense Sanaya...because you are special every day!!!
I thought of giving you the cutest gift ever. But how can I give you yourself???
A Verse For You Sanaya, My First Ever
Never before have I followed 'celebrities'
That, I feared, would give me 'Diabetes'
You so intrigued me with your personality
That, I got drawn to your speciality
Find your conversations warm & charming
That candidness & honesty, I find disarming
My fondness for you, though not who I am
That, I have embraced as a joyous guilt pleasure
Your infectious smile & chirpy demeanor
That has made me a 'Sanayaholic', Whatever
Much enjoyed your work I have, dear
That much I want more to keep me in cheer
I aspire you reach heights of success in life & career
That, you are worthy of is how I feel as your admirer
I am penning this Poem, my first I assure you
That surely must tell you how much I miss you
On your this Birthday, shower you with Tons of wishes
That blissfully Happy you are Now & Forever
The day I saw you was when one of my biggest dreams came true,
There you were standing clad in a simple dress but the dazzling smile is all I saw,
Your sweet and charming self made me love you all the more,
Your warm hugs and gracious words made my day,
Sanaya Irani you are one among the blessed and to me,you are the one I look up to and wish to emulate,
On your birthday, my only wish is that may all your dreams come true and ours too in the form of you returning to our TV screens
Loads of love-Abhinaya
Wish the words existed which would be able to define her,
Like The first raindrops that brings a smile with her,
A dawn's dream which one wishes to come true,
Maybe a thought that makes me poetic,
Could be the heartbeat, beating within me,
Or something that can't be binded in limits of mere words...
In the bounds of heaven and earth,
Lives the one whose talent and beauty shines.
Her smile radiates and her laughter echoes,
She spreads joy and warmth.
A girl blessed with many gifts,
May she receive twice of what she gives.
This is the day she graced the world,
And became a special part of our lives.
Her beauty and grace is incomparable,
She has immeasurable talent.
This is the day of celebration,
May she receive a thousand wishes and gifts.
Eminence is the meaning of her name
Beauteous is her visage
Glorious is her reflection
Exquisite is the smile on her face
Honorable is the trait that discerns her
Integrity is her attribute
Radiance is what she exudes
Victorious she comes out every time.
May you have a special day,
May your heart be full of cheer,
May love and laughter find you,
May your smiles be ear to ear.
May your joy be everlasting,
May only good things come your way,
May all your prayers be answered,
May you be blessed on your birthday.
Mirror mirror on the wall who is the sweetest of them all?
It is indeed the girl we love the most & her name is Sanaya for all!!!
Coming to my life as the quirky, funny goofball Khushi Kumari Gupta, who gave me laughs when I needed a smile more than anything else, like your name u have remained the proverbial 'khushi' in my life all these years!
I love u so much! And look up to you as a wonderful role model! Thank you for being there even without knowing for me at every dark moment in my life for the past 6 years. It meant so much more than you could possibly imagine because there were days you literally kept me breathing.
May your beautiful smile always keep shining brighter
and may your beautiful heart always be filled with only the happiest of things...
And may every candle that decorate your birthday cake be one more wish fulfilled..
May every bite from that chocolate cake I know you are waiting to stuff your face with be infinitely sweet just like you are..
Wishing you health, wealth and happiness and a lifetime of love among your loved ones..
Lots of love
It's that time of year again, when I get a chance to wish you all the best for your birthday. This year I want to add to those wishes. I want to thank your parents, for not only bringing you into the world, but also for making you the wonderful person that you are. Over the last two years we had the chance to watch Sanaya the person on screen, not just the characters you play ... and I fell in love with you all over again, this time for the wonderful person that you are. So a big thank you to your parents for giving us YOU!
Most of all, I want to thank you ... for being Sanaya. The girl with a golden heart, the girl with an ever present smile, a smile which lights up your face and brings joy to the hearts of so many fans. You light up the small screen and so many lives with your magic. Your ability to connect your audience to your character make every one of us feel that we know you ... and to know you is to love you. Your offscreen persona, which we had the chance to see more of, during JDJ and NB, makes me love, respect and admire you even more. Your bright spirit, your cheerfulness and positivity, your down to earth nature, and your sheer exuberance and joy radiate from your face and spread sunshine and warmth all around you.
So here's wishing you all the best on your special day. May you always remain as warm, wonderful, loving, bindaas, bold and beautiful as you are today. May you always face the world with a smile, and see all the best that life has to offer. May God shower his choicest blessings on you, and may your life's path be strewn with roses all the way. May you always face the sunshine and all your shadows fall behind you. May you come back to screen with a show and a role that is your biggest and best one yet ... and may happiness and success be yours in equal measure.
Happy birthday, and loads of love always,
Sanaya, you are an inspiration and true role model to so many of your fans! You are a truly deserving person, I wish you the best of everything. You are a lovely human being inside out! I have high regard and respect for your dedication to your work, which shows in all the roles you have played. Thank you for giving us such wonderful moments on TV, you being the only reason I watch the Idiot box.
Happy Birthday to the most gorgeous, talented, irresistible, wonderful gal. On your birthday do the things and be with the people you enjoy the most.
Have a wonderful birthday I wish your everyday to be filled with your gorgeous smile,lots of love and happiness. You are like sunshine to me. Keep spreading love and positivity. May God bless you with all the luck and success.Please come back soon. We all are missing you badly.
Our dearest Sanaya
Wish you many many happy returns of the day
May God bless you with health, wealth and happiness in your life
Happy Birthday Sanaya
From : Farzina Shehnaz ~ Indonesia
Happy birthday Sanaya! Hope you have a wonderful day, filled with happiness and joy and may all your dreams and wishes come true
From one of your biggest fans and well wishers,
Abhinaya, IF Username- NestleToulouse
Dear Sanaya ,
It is often quite difficult to pen down things when you simply have so much to say. It is one of those moments now where I am finding myself to be at a loss of words, because there's just so much I want to tell you.
But I will keep it short and simple.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for being YOU.
It might sound basic, but it is something that majority of the population can't do: Be themselves. But you have done it religiously from the very beginning and the best part is, we as your fans have never ever felt even for a moment that, Oh, she changed!
From then to now- You have been yourself, changed the perception of MANY that the world of showbiz is only about materialism, pretense, and hypocrisy. So Thank You.
Thank you for proving that exceptions are always there, thank you for proving that someone can be as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. Thank you for giving us relationship goals with Mohit, letting us believe yet again that if your love is true, it can surpass anything and everything through thick and thin.
And lastly, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
You are quite a precious soul in this world and I wish for nothing more but happiness, peace, and prosperity for you. Now and forever.
Loads of love,
is the most special day of the year because it is the birthday of the most
special person in the world..
You have touched so many lives during your lifetime. The greatest reward in life is knowing that we have been an inspiration to others. You have made our lives so much richer just by being part of it ...
On your birthday, we would like to thank you for being such a good example of a great human being. A Genuine . Honest, and Kind person...May Allah Always bless you with these characteristics and you always be Happy.. This smile on your face would never fade up... you are Truly a blessing for everyone.. completely Justify with every character of your life..
As An amazing Actress , A caring Daughter, A loving Wife, A Bestest Sincere Friend, all n all Loving, caring, sincere Friendly, and loyal in her all relationships.. Including a relation towards your Fans as a celebrity... If the dictionary were to use a picture to illustrate the word awesome, they would use yours because you own that word. Your zest for life, your bubbly spirit and the pure joy you show when sharing with others has raised the bar for awesomeness. Happy Birthday to you! May this year be full of surprises around every corner.
Sanaya No matter where you end up as the years go by, love is what will matter most. And on your birthday, you have plenty of that! Love is the greatest gift anyone can give you. Just be thankful that on your birthday, you get love and more!
May you have the most wonderful birthday today. On your birthday, I want to wish you the best of days and hope you get everything that you deserve, which is nothing but the best!.. May your birthday be as incredible as you are! Wishing you all the best, because you deserve only the most wonderful things in life and nothing less!
Happy birthday to a very special person who makes my life so amazing just being a part of it!
May your Coming year Surprise U with the Happiness of Smiles, the Feeling of Love and so on. I hope you will find plenty of Sweet Memories to cherish forever.
Wish you an Amazing, Wonderful, Full of Laughter, Fun and Happiest Birthday to Our Doll Sanaya...
On your birthday, special one,
I wish that all your dreams come true.
May your day be filled with joy,
Wonderful gifts and goodies, too.
On your day I wish for you
Favorite people to embrace,
Loving smiles and caring looks
That earthly gifts cannot replace.
I wish you fine and simple pleasures.
I wish you many years of laughter.
I wish you all of life's best treasures.
I wish you happily ever after!
To know her is to love her : Abhinaya [NestleToulouse] & Dia [DiyaS]
A woman of substance : Sunara [princessunara]
Industry quotes on Sanaya: Sunara [princessunara]
Craziness we love to celebrate: Sunara [princessunara] & Anisha [BillyJean.]We love her because She is Sanaya:
Dia [DiyaS], Sunara [princessunara] and Ash [Newbiesoapfan]
Finally a big thank you to everyone who have helped us to make this thread so grand.
Also a round of thank you to all the members who took some time out to help in this thread by providing their write-ups and their contributions. We are indebted to all of you.
Shout out to everyone who took out their valuable time to send gifts and their thoughtful wishes for our Lovely Sunshine Sanaya, you all have equally helped us to make this thread and we sincerely appreciate the same.
We would also like to thank no moderator this time (unfortunately:P) for giving us the permission and trusting us to be capable enough to carry out this responsibility despite repeated PMs to literally the entire Dev Team!
Finally we would like to thank Shruti for being online to GA this!!
Last but not the least, all of us hope that you get to see this thread Sanaya because this thread is made purely on the sheer love we all have for you and Once again here's wishing you a very very happy birthday!
Topic started by princessunara
Last replied by kbtr