Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Kara_R

I like Arijit very much but AR Rahman is my all time favorite😳His music crosses all geographic boundaries yet has such a native cultural flavor.

Agree about ARs music. He is an ALL-TIME great! But I don't like him so much as a vocalist. For me, my all time favourite vocalist will always remain SONU. Don't think it'll ever change no matter how many singers come. There is something about him - can't really put my finger on - (it's not even that I'm a big fan of his voice. Voice wise I like KK, Atif, arijit more) - maybe it's his command on his vocals and his range and the way he emotes, it sends me to a different world. 😳

Like when you hear him sing - Piyu bole or soona soona or soona man ka angan or bawari piya ki- his vocals are so perfect and the finishing of his surs is so stellar it leaves you breathless. That's why I like the Sonu-shreya combination so much. Coz they match not only in terms of texture but in terms of the way they sing too. It's like two halves of the same coin!Edited by shal1983 - 6 years ago
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I want papon Mhd Irfan kk etc to get more songs,I really miss kk's voice and papon n Mhd Irfan are really underutilised. Arijit singing every damn song and it's getting too much. If u hear only one voice in every new song coming out, you get tired of it. Also his voice can get too nasal harsh at times
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

I think its mostly fatigue... Hearing the same voice again and again.. And like another said, at this point all his songs sound the same to me ...

I said in another post... I heard a song from bindu sung by both arijit and ayushman... And though arijit is the better singer, i ended up loving the ayushman's version... The voice felt new and different.. The emotions felt different.

Lets have a little variety on vocals please...

Yes VARIETY in terms of voices and genres is what is required today. And please can they stop using auto tune on every singer. That characteristic humming noise is irritating to the extreme and reduces the connect for me drastically!!!
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pemberleydreams

I want papon Mhd Irfan kk etc to get more songs,I really miss kk's voice and papon n Mhd Irfan are really underutilised. Arijit singing every damn song and it's getting too much. If u hear only one voice in every new song coming out, you get tired of it. Also his voice can get too nasal harsh at times

Yes yes and yes - on Mohammad irfan, papon, kk. Adding Sonu to the mix coz I really miss his nuanced singing. I guess the consensus I'm drawing is that nobody really hates arijit. They just (and me included) find him getting repetitive coz of the number of sons he sings. Also it's not his fault they make him sing the same way too. I mean I've really started to hate pritam for that coz he always makes his singers sing so high that I feel like (like someone on this forum said) they are singing for someone on the mars! But if you hear arijit sing laal ishq or even murshida I love his vocals. Even when he sings samjhawan or agar tum saath ho - I loved both of them too. Guess he should be more selective and play with his voice more!!
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shal1983

Yes yes and yes - on Mohammad irfan, papon, kk. Adding Sonu to the mix coz I really miss his nuanced singing. I guess the consensus I'm drawing is that nobody really hates arijit. They just (and me included) find him getting repetitive coz of the number of sons he sings. Also it's not his fault they make him sing the same way too. I mean I've really started to hate pritam for that coz he always makes his singers sing so high that I feel like (like someone on this forum said) they are singing for someone on the mars! But if you hear arijit sing laal ishq or even murshida I love his vocals. Even when he sings samjhawan or agar tum saath ho - I loved both of them too. Guess he should be more selective and play with his voice more!!

I loved Sonyu's vocals too and would love him to get more songs, specially in khan films,arijit voice doesn't suit the khans.
Yes he was really loved when he first got famous but now people are getting tired of him. It happens to most artists nowdays due to social media exposure and back to back songs. You can hear them sing with a click of a button n u hear them again n again on YouTube iTunes Spotify etc, they get millions of views. But then u get tired of that artist n a new one comes n the cycle repeats. 
Arijit should sing less songs and search for lil hatke songs no more sappy romantic ones. I loved him in laal ishq ,Ayaat.
Edited by Pemberleydreams - 6 years ago
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
2 reasons I don't care for him

1 he sounds the same in every song.
2 he doesn't know what song he should sing.. what he shouldn't..

The break up song from adhm... he had no business singing that song..
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

he seems arrogant 
i didnt like some of his tweets 
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: dabang4life

2 reasons I don't care for him

1 he sounds the same in every song.
2 he doesn't know what song he should sing.. what he shouldn't..

The break up song from adhm... he had no business singing that song..

Shouldn't Pritam know what songs he should make arijit sing and what he shouldn't?? I hated that he made arijit sing 'safar'. He had no business singing that. I can atleast think of a hundred other singers who would be better suited for that song. And arijit will never say no to pritam coz pritam is his mentor. But Pritam yaar - he really spoiled that song for me, especially because it has such amazing lyrics and such that I could personally identify with. 😡
Agar use saare songs offer hote hain toh bechara woh kya karega? That intrinsic insecurity is always there - agar usne na bola and someone else sings it better then uska kya hoga? Anyways the shelf life is so less these days, there are very few artist with the guts to say no.Edited by shal1983 - 6 years ago
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Priya-

he seems arrogant

i didnt like some of his tweets

Anjali also said that. It's disappointing for me. I always took him for a down to earth guy!
there are atleast 20-30 songs that he sang in almost same tone, sleeping in between para... if u hide the movie name, it will difficult to differentiate if they are all from same movie or different. he can sing but he hasnt shown versatility.

Edited by 09tanki - 6 years ago