Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: pallavi25

I love Arijit's voice and many of his recent songs were superhits. I Absolutely loved Jagga Jasoos, ADHM and JHMS songs by Arijit.

But he is being overused by Pritam and other MDs, its like only Arijit is singing 80% of ALL the movie songs nowadays.
There shd be a variety of singers for film songs, not just one singing most of the songs in all the movies.
Papon, Amit, Amal and others shd be given a chance, a movie album shd have a good mix of singers, that gives it variety and fluidity.

And where are Shreya and Sunidhi? Why dont we hear their songs anymore? Why is every female song sung by Neha Kakkar or someone like her?
As it is, there are very few female songs in movies nowadays, why is that?😕

I agree with what you say. I too feel that atleast partially the MDs are responsible for the way arijit is made to sing. And please please please use the female singers more. Previously the songs were equally divided between the male and the female singers. Now it's a duet with maybe just one line being sung by the female. The rest is male.. sometimes it's weird!!
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: dabang4life

Every singer knows what to sing and what suits their style.. if they can't figure that out.. they have no business singing!! He should have respectfully denied some of the songs that he has sang..

Don't think denying pritam is something he can do. Pritam made him who he is. Although I hope he does. He belongs to the pritam camp so ... will have to wait and watch.Edited by shal1983 - 6 years ago
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shal1983

I'll say this again- and this is my own personal opinion so don't bash me - but comparing the current generation of singers to the older lot is foolish, coz the technology has changed so much. The yesteryear singers were that great coz unka Riyaz utna hota tha. Not that today's singers don't do Riyaz but it becomes moot when you get so much help from the technology. There are voice boosters available and throws which increases your range, then there are softwares available that increases the bass of your voice it adds a huskiness to it. Arijits voice translates beautifully and mounds well to it. Why do kk or sonu or shreya don't sound the same today as they did say even 5 yrs back. ?
Do you know how I became such a huge fan of Sonu..? I happened to see the following performance of his live at Bhaidas hall say about 15 yrs back. He wasn't even a big name then. He sung for 3 hours straight with minimal breaks without ever losing his sur once. And the variations he put in his each song were just wow!! -

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBPl7G3gSG4[/YOUTUBE]

I don't find Sonu's voice extraordinary, but I have not listened to him that often to be impressed. As for technology, I think it is a shame that good voices need that. I am not saying everyone who sings needs to have a good voice. I like Dhanush's voice for instance, but I won't call him a good singer. But what I like is that he sounds similar live and recorded. Even ARR mixes tech with a voice for effect. One of my favorite songs is in a tamil movie 'I' with a singer/musician Anirudh. But he also sings what is known as Ganaa songs which is songs which are in a local dialect, raw and off the street and the authenticity is there only if he sings it in his voice both recorded and live.

I am all for tech as it enable someone like an actor Dulquer to sing a song which is one of my faves. He sounds terrible live 😆. But he is an actor who sings not a playback singer whose claim to fame is the voice. I like minimal tech or none at all used in people who sing playback. Heck I love rap stars who rap in their own voice. I'd rather have that than someone like Arjit who sounds terrible live and so different in a recording. There are so many talented people who can actually sing. So why this guy ? Hell I've heard Ayushman sing live and he sounds similar live and recorded.
awsome.moments thumbnail
@justmoi.

Even though I'm a sonu fan I agree with you about his voice. His voice is not the best voice of the generation. Many other voices are better. Like KK or Shaan. And many other regionally I'm sure. He doesn't have the range of say SPB or RFAK. But he more than makes up for it by how nuanced his singing is. His core basics of singing, his command over his sur and taal, his voice control, his voice modulations are just amazing. He is like a complete package. It's like reading A classic. Every time you read it you find something new. You should just try listening to him more often... just because I feel the first impact with his songs is not that great as his subsequent impacts. And attend his live concert once. Of course it's a personal preference and view and I'm no musical maestro to be commenting such, but gee is one guy whose concert you shouldn't miss, especially if you are a music nerd. He always sounds the same live and recorded. In fact his live is usually better than his recorded..!! 😆

What u say about arijit - it's a decent enough reason that u gave me for you to not like him. Just I feel that if u compare him to say SPB or illayaraja then he is always going to fal short. But for me he does give an amazing flavour to his recorded songs with that slight bite that he has to his voice. I don't find him equal to legendary singers in terms of singing but I do find him an amazing voice!!

Kara_R thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Guess there is a price to pay for being a MD's fav! 

Off topic: Mithoon, what's he doing these days?
Edited by Kara_R - 6 years ago
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
cause there are several other singers in bollywood who are far far far better than him i love his songs but these days he is singing in the same monotonus tone its become an overdose and i hate pritam for that half of the big releases are by him and he shoe horns him in every song damn every song from dilwale album sounded the same to me cause of his voice
Edited by djoker - 6 years ago
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kara_R

Guess there is a price to pay for being a MD's fav!

Off topic: Mithoon, what's he doing these days?

Mithoon is re vamping his music and coming up with a purely classical number sung by honey singh!! Now that's something I'd pay to watch. 😉

On a serious note I think mithoon's upcoming project has arijit, kk and Mohd irfan in it. That's what I heard..!!! 😉 Edited by shal1983 - 6 years ago
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: djoker

cause there are several other singers in bollywood who are far far far better than him i love his songs but these days he is singing in the same monotonus tone its become an overdose and i hate pritam for that half of the big releases are by him and he shoe horns him in every song damn every song from dilwale album sounded the same to me cause of his voice

So what I gather from everyone and I concur is that this guy is singing the same song one the same way and it's getting to be repetitive. I listen to his songs a lot - but o suppose his every other song does sound the same. Some of them though are real gems. Maybe if someone from the music industry is reading this- please use other singers and please have other genres. We are bored of the same ones!
pallavi25 thumbnail

Pritam announced that hes taking a break after nonstop music direction in movies like Jagga Jasoos and JHMS with so many songs. 
With Pritam on Hiatus, Arijit will also get to sing fewer songs. So I hope people's hatred or boredom with Arijit will lessen with time and they will appreciate whatever fewer songs he sings with other MDs now
SamsinghR thumbnail
hatred is only here not in real world...ppl just want to listen good songs which he obviously sings... 😳 ..
he reminds me of kishore kumar...
I love all his songs... ⭐️