Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Whether it's Geet, Khushi or Zoya - Gul Khan has always had an eye for the right face. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows who fits the bill as her leading lady. And with the casting for Chandni, I think she's been right on the money once again! 👏

I must confess, I've never seen Shivani act in any other show before. The only thing I actually knew about her was the fact that Ekta dropped her from a serial (shitty treatment but who cares, we got our Chandni in the end, so all good  😆)

When I first heard of Shivani Tomar as Barun Sobti's co-star, I wasn't sure what to expect. But yes, I was excited because fresh pairings are always intriguing! Now few weeks into the show and I can honestly say that Shivani earned this role! Not only does she share a very soothing yet sensual chemistry onscreen with Sobti, she fits the look of Chandni and manages to enhance her characteristics beautifully. Shivani has the softness and innocence that Chandni possesses.

The first few episodes were a bit shaky, and I would put that down to nerves. This is Shivani Tomar's real big break in terms of production House, co-star, overall expectations. But since then she has really come into her own and has matched Barun with her fair share of screen presence 👏

But what has really impressed me about Shivani is how dignified and graceful she is as a person. Despite unnecessary negativity and unjustified bashing, she has maintained calmness and taken it all in her stride. And this isn't the first time she's faced this. With Ekta's show she also came up against some overzealous fans of the show, although not to this extent 😆 But even then, she took it on the chin! She's very young,  but well spoken, whilst carrying  herself well, and it's admirable. I think there's a fan in me 😆

IPK3 might just be a turning point in the career of this young woman. There are many dimensions to Chandni's character, many layers to be explored and I have faith in Shivani's ability in showcasing it all. Of course she's still in the learning process, and will get better with time. But judging from what I've seen so far, there's a lot to look forward to, and hopefully no turning back for this little pathaka!

I'm not the social media type of person. But I wish there was a way I could tell this young lady that she's doing a fine job! Just keep on putting your best foot forward, Shivani. Enjoy this experience, learn and laugh! Success will fall at your feet ❤️

Side note: this is a Shivani-centric post, I know. Why I love Barun Sobti post is not required. Enough said 😆

Zinnia. x

Edited by Stargazer. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChandniAdvay thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This girl made me watch barun and now iam in love with him;) love shivani as chandni!! Chandni is first female of gul show I love and advay first male and ipkknd3 first show! All because of this girl!! If she was not i will never saw how amazing barun is and gul shows are!! Thnks to this girl<3
LostTraveller thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Oh I adore her too! A perfect Chandni she makes in my opinion. GK really did choose the best fit for this role. And her chemistry with Barun Sobti is just plain awesome. Edited by BrienneOfTarth - 6 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Stargazer.

Whether it's Geet, Khushi or Zoya - Gul Khan has always had an eye for the right face. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows who fits the bill as her leading lady. And with the casting for Chandni, I think she's been right on the money once again! 👏

Yes I totally agree on this part. Gul always has a knack for casting and she has the eye which makes popular jodis. She always wins hands down with her casting choices.

I must confess, I've never seen Shivani act in any other show before. The only thing I actually knew about her was the fact that Ekta dropped her from a serial (shitty treatment but who cares, we got our Chandni in the end, so all good  😆)

When I first heard of Shivani Tomar as Barun Sobti's co-star, I wasn't sure what to expect. But yes, I was excited because fresh pairings are always intriguing! Now few weeks into the show and I can honestly say that Shivani earned this role! Not only does she share a very soothing yet sensual chemistry onscreen with Sobti, she fits the look of Chandni and manages to enhance her characteristics beautifully. Shivani has the softness and innocence that Chandni possesses.

Yes I first heard of Shivani when she was signed on for Mohra opposite Barun. The snaps of the show were really good - It was completely shot outdoor plus was a weekly so I was really looking forward for this show. But Zee went greedy and cancelled the show. Bet now they might be regretting the decision. But who cares, we got Shivani again as Chandni. 

The first few episodes were a bit shaky, and I would put that down to nerves. This is Shivani Tomar's real big break in terms of production House, co-star, overall expectations. But since then she has really come into her own and has matched Barun with her fair share of screen presence 👏

When Barun said that he saw Shivani's audition and she is perfect for Chandni I admit I put it down to Barun's good nature of supporting his costars but within the second week Shivani proved why Barun said what he said. She was definitely shaky in the initial episodes and I think that was partly due to the nerves and partly due to the horrible wig and accessories. But now she is really shining as Chandni and she has the innocence which the character needs. And needless to say if they gave her good costumes she would be even more pretty and even more beautiful 

But what has really impressed me about Shivani is how dignified and graceful she is as a person. Despite unnecessary negativity and unjustified bashing, she has maintained calmness and taken it all in her stride. And this isn't the first time she's faced this. With Ekta's show she also came up against some overzealous fans of the show, although not to this extent 😆 But even then, she took it on the chin! She's very young,  but well spoken, whilst carrying  herself well, and it's admirable. I think there's a fan in me 😆

This has to be the one thing that made me go aww on the girl. She has been dignified and graceful even when the trolls went on abusing her on her social media handles. Any other person would have snapped and would have been totally demotivated but she took everything on her chin and put her best foot forward. She already had so many setbacks in her professional life so I really am admiring her courage to dip into her resources and prove all her naysayers wrong.. She deserves all the appreciation she is getting.

IPK3 might just be a turning point in the career of this young woman. There are many dimens
ions to Chandni's character, many layers to be explored and I have faith in Shivani's ability in showcasing it all. Of course she's still in the learning process, and will get better with time. But judging from what I've seen so far, there's a lot to look forward to, and hopefully no turning back for this little pathaka!

Honestly I feel the team needs to improve the screenplay. They have a good solid story, they have good actors and now they got the direction, BG, editing everything in place. They need to write good scenes and show progression in the story. People need to know why the characters moved from point 1 to point 2 in their life and that comes when the screenplay is good. I really hope the next week they will get that one glaring thing rectified. Looks like they got the costumes too toned down so please get the screenplay in place and I am damn sure Shivani and Barun will take this show to new heights. 

I'm not the social media type of person. But I wish there was a way I could tell this young lady that she's doing a fine job! Just keep on putting your best foot forward, Shivani. Enjoy this experience, learn and laugh! Success will fall at your feet ❤️

Yes  I too hope I could tell Shivani what an awesome job she is doing in IPK3. I sometimes tweet to her and hopefully now she starts coming on her twitter account and read the praises. Hopefully the 
trolls too will stop harassing her online. 

Side note: this is a Shivani-centric post, I know. Why I love Barun Sobti post is not required. Enough said 😆

Zinnia. x

Nice Post. My thoughts in Red.
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes she is doing Justice to her role...
Mogwai thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChandniAdvay

This girl made me watch barun and now iam in love with him;) love shivani as chandni!! Chandni is first female of gul show I love and advay first male and ipkknd3 first show! All because of this girl!! If she was not i will never saw how amazing barun is and gul shows are!! Thnks to this girl<3

Nice to know that through Shivani's portrayal of Chandni, you've been introduced to Barun :) What can I say except welcome to the world of Barun Sobti 😆😳

Good to see your support, not just for Shivani but for the entire team of IPK3. They need it from us! 👍🏼
Mogwai thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrienneOfTarth

Oh I adore her too! A perfect Shivani she makes in my opinion. GK really did choose the best fit for this role. And her chemistry with Barun Sobti is just plain awesome.

Ah! Nice to know :) Yes...Gul Khan chose the best choice indeed! Shivani is justifying it, totally! And what to say about the chemistry between her and Barun Sobti? It's getting better and better with each passing episode!

Mogwai thumbnail

Originally posted by: PSharada

Nice Post. My thoughts in Red.

I had no idea about Mohra until a fellow forum member of ours posted a pic! Seriously, Isn't it strange? Shivani was supposed to work with Barun in Mohra but it didn't air. Then she was cast in an Ekta show but it never worked out. And FINALLY we have them together as Chandni and Advay. Life can be strange 😆 But I'm happy that we finally have them onscreen together :)

Oh, she's totally proving Barun right! And that gives me immense joy, lol 😆 I know what you mean about the costumes and jewellery though. Shivani would indeed look even prettier if the wardrobe was better. Alas!

Well said about the screenplay. I agree. Story is strong and the CVs have so much that they can show - a lot of potential there. Cast is good, leads are gorgeous and totally in character. But screenplay needs the right tweaking and if they can rectify this and a few minor issues here and there, I have no reason to doubt that the show will succeed :)

Oh dear...the trolls 😆 I think the biggest response for the trolls would be to see IPK3 grow. I'm really hoping it does because a lot of people need to be proven wrong 😆

Thanks for liking my post :)

Edited by Stargazer. - 6 years ago
Mogwai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joyness

Yes she is doing Justice to her role...

She is indeed. Very happy to see her gradually growing as a performer :)
-MeMyselfI thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
She has been a pleasant surprise - hope to see her become a popular household name just like Barun