Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: -MeMyselfI

She has been a pleasant surprise - hope to see her become a popular household name just like Barun

I hope so too. I hope Chandni gives her recognition, as well as acceptance from the audience so that she too can be just as popular as Barun! Would be nice :)
ghissapitta thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for this post! <33 I'm ALWAYS here for some Shivani/Chandni appreciation seeing as how much spitefulness and hatred she's had chucked her way. Speaking of, one of the many things I LOVE about her are, as you mentioned, how she's able to take everything in her stride. She's an incredibly dignified, sorted young lady. For her sake, I really hope IPK3 is a success and that she goes far in her career henceforth.

The only show I've religiously watched of Gul's before is QH (season 1) and Zoya was MY GURL! Loved her to death. Her shayaris, her clumsiness and how no matter how much she blundered her heart was always in the right place :') And I'm coming to love Chandni too, despite what started of as a wishy-washy characerization of her from the creatives. And it's funny how in many ways she's so opposite to Zoya - Chandni is generally poised and calm, she's got this incredibly QUIET strength about her and she believes in learning to calmly accept and move on rather than rage. But beneath those superficial layers, my two sweet girls are honestly soul sisters for many reasons; craving for the love of family, going to any extent for them and when pushed, REALLY giving it back to their men! Miss Fix-Fit endured so much from her Akdu Ahmed Khan and so will Moonlight from her ASR 😆 And as Zoya did, we've already seen Chandni too has that fire within her. She pleads to Advay softly but with a steel beneath her voice, 'don't test my patience!' but when push comes to shove, she WILL fight back. She may seem like a kitten to Advay, hence his amused almost fond smiles towards her when she's berating him and his behaviour, but he'll find out eventually there's a tigress hidden within her.

Anyways, went way off on tangent there. Just wanna thank Gul SO MUCH for giving Shivani a chance 'cause she's honest to God the PERFECT Chandni to Barun's Dev. And to Shivani - we adore you to the moon and back! ❤️
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Stargazer.

Whether it's Geet, Khushi or Zoya - Gul Khan has always had an eye for the right face. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows who fits the bill as her leading lady. And with the casting for Chandni, I think she's been right on the money once again! 👏

i totally agree...she is always perfect in her casting and lead couples

I must confess, I've never seen Shivani act in any other show before. The only thing I actually knew about her was the fact that Ekta dropped her from a serial (shitty treatment but who cares, we got our Chandni in the end, so all good  😆)

yup...i saw her in Kasam opposite Sharad...they shared a good chemistry but you do know about crazy obsession of fans...thus it was being unfair to her...but neither EK has issues with her nor shivani was dishearten...they both parted on a positive note...well its good in a way we did got Shivani playing Chandni

When I first heard of Shivani Tomar as Barun Sobti's co-star, I wasn't sure what to expect. But yes, I was excited because fresh pairings are always intriguing! Now few weeks into the show and I can honestly say that Shivani earned this role! Not only does she share a very soothing yet sensual chemistry onscreen with Sobti, she fits the look of Chandni and manages to enhance her characteristics beautifully. Shivani has the softness and innocence that Chandni possesses.

i always welcome new pairings...i am not so keen in re-repeated pairings be it IPK series or Naagin series in sequels...yes i love them and don't mind re-repeating of jodis but that has to be a new show not a sequel...something different that brings a contrast in their chemistry from what they did from their previous show together as leads...of course the character should suit them to hold their chemistry...re-repeated jodis are not guarantee success...yes they are popular and they have a chemistry but just becos you are popular in your previous show doesn't mean you will get the same love for your next show together...it needs a script...strong characters written to hold the chemistry...you can't bask in your previous success...even for a individual actor...its always a start from the scratch...it should be new and unique than i am all in for re-repeat jodis...i have a few in my mind that i want to see again but in a new avatar and strong characterisation

shivani has a crackling chemistry with barun...they are so natural and beautiful together...furthermore the contrast in their characters brings in the chemistry...this is the reason day by day their chemistry is getting better and beautiful

The first few episodes were a bit shaky, and I would put that down to nerves. This is Shivani Tomar's real big break in terms of production House, co-star, overall expectations. But since then she has really come into her own and has matched Barun with her fair share of screen presence 👏

the first two weeks epis were disaster...things becomes better in 3rd week...yes shivani matches barun perfectly...

But what has really impressed me about Shivani is how dignified and graceful she is as a person. Despite unnecessary negativity and unjustified bashing, she has maintained calmness and taken it all in her stride. And this isn't the first time she's faced this. With Ekta's show she also came up against some overzealous fans of the show, although not to this extent 😆 But even then, she took it on the chin! She's very young,  but well spoken, whilst carrying  herself well, and it's admirable. I think there's a fan in me 😆

i agree on that part...not only she...any actors who replace the previous actor or lead couple...they face the bashing...the two names for me is shivani and kv...but should give them an award for going through this crap for no reason...in the end its all abt your work that speaks...kudos to shivani for handling the issue in the most calm manner

IPK3 might just be a turning point in the career of this young woman. There are many dimensions to Chandni's character, many layers to be explored and I have faith in Shivani's ability in showcasing it all. Of course she's still in the learning process, and will get better with time. But judging from what I've seen so far, there's a lot to look forward to, and hopefully no turning back for this little pathaka!

i agree...chandni is layered...i am more intrigue to know about her...

I'm not the social media type of person. But I wish there was a way I could tell this young lady that she's doing a fine job! Just keep on putting your best foot forward, Shivani. Enjoy this experience, learn and laugh! Success will fall at your feet ❤️

Side note: this is a Shivani-centric post, I know. Why I love Barun Sobti post is not required. Enough said 😆

shivani is fantastic and keep up the good work lady...you deserve all the accolades...
as for barun...do i need to open my heart and show the world how much i love him...he is a rockstar...

the outfits in this show is total disaster...Gul needs to take lessons from EK when it comes to costumes...she needs to fire her costume designer...what the hell are they wearing...my wardrobe have better clothes than this disaster...just look at EK leading ladies costume...i can give a list how beautiful they look on-screen with EK's vision when it comes to her leading ladies costume...shivani had better costumes in Kasam...she is pretty girl but those constume are eyesores...what the hell barun is wearing too...seriously i love his Arnav Singh Raizada suits...this is disaster...nevertheless he makes the disaster looks good on him too

Edited by Mages - 6 years ago
mayukatta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She is beautiful.. that goes without saying.
But she is one fine actress.. when I watch the show I have eyes only for barun sobti but still she made me notice that's how fine an actress she is!
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Bang on post.
Nothing more to add from my side...you have said it all.
And I too adore her for the similar reasons as well.
She is the perfect chadni for Advay.
Love & hugs.
Deb07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Shivani in one word very sweet, naive and dignified girl. Unlike others Shivani does not unleash fans. I just adore her. I do not live in India. I am far far away from India. But I always feel that I am connected with her. Love to both Barun and Shivani. 
arnanya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
She is a breath of freash air.
and she elegantly fits the role perfectly.

I liked her from the first time I saw her and liking her more and more now.

I think she is now at a stage where Chandini is ...
flabbergasted by what ever is happening, a little unsure but determined to take all in her stride and move on ...  

Want to see her grow and make a name for herself.  
CrazyBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Shivani is one of the prettiest ladies on TV right now.. Only she can match upto Barun in acting department.😳 I completely agree with everything you said. Love Shivani.😊
Rimi_BS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Everyone have said it all..nothing to say more except ki hope this show rocks and Shivani get her award for keeping calm and doing her work hard...
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshika_arshi

Everyone have said it all..nothing to say more except ki hope this show rocks and Shivani get her award for keeping calm and doing her work hard...

I hope the same.