Stars align and a new dawn begins

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
The makers are not disappointing in the story line, the character portrayal, the effects or the acting but however, they are disappointing in their skewed sense of great civilization like Dravidagam. 
I agree with Ayesha that for my sanity I am going to view them as two warring civilizations and not a slice of history.
Now to the highlights of the episode
  • The new cruel queen personally, I felt her acting was a little stiff. But her character is darkest of dark.
  • The darkness of this mother of Devsena is in contrast to the lightness of Queen Chamundi who died because she fell in love.
  • Queen S whose only drive is to unite the Dravid by hook or crook. She is ruthless and very set in what she wants..she is only driven by hatred
  • The coin toss..seemed misplaced in the big order of things but maybe it is to move the story along
  • Hahuma waits for the stars to align so she can avenge what happened 200 years ago..even then she did not understand that even if stars align if  something is fated to happen it will.
  • Hahuma after 200 years still does not understand the power of love
  • Devsena and Jaldev fated to be reborn,died 200 years ago for their love, reborn lifeless will fight death to conquer their love.
  • The hounds still at bay, Hahuma still plotting but Destiny awaits , for a new dawn begins for Devsena and Jaldev

Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Awesome post Sabita Di 👏
I loved how you highlighted the differences between Chamundi and Sambhavija. 

Chamundi was a compassionate woman who died for her love.On the other hand Sambhavija is a ruthless and ambitious woman.
Why these two are important?? Because this will be the point of difference between Devsena and Devsena 2.0

Devsena was raised in a loving environment by Arvamudan with Chamundi's ideals.She had the protection of Hahuma who was a sensible and kind maternal figure then.

Devsena 2.0 will be raised by the ruthless Sambhavija under the guidance of the changed Hahumaa.So this will considerably affect her personality too.
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Sabita, I had already written down how I perceive Chamundi in Ayesha's thread last weekend. As per my perception, it is wrong for the Empress of a civilization to give in to her emotions, whims & fancies, without any consideration regarding what might be the possible outcomes. Personal emotions, wishes take a backseat for the person who wears the crown and the throne demands for ultimate sacrifices. Chamundi had miserably failed, while her daughter resoundingly succeeded.

Now coming to Sambhabija. She is definitely the antagonist. I felt appalled w.r.t. her actions regarding snatching someone else's husband and talks regarding male infanticide & male folks. But apart from that bit, I personally don't find it is wrong being ruthless in her single aim to retrieve the lost glory of her civilization. One has to be ruthless in case she/he wants to expand the kingdom by any means. There is no place for benignity, altruism, benevolence, magnanimity, mercy/clemency & soft-hearted individuals in that sphere. It is a bitter truth and Sambhabija precisely wants that.

Regarding infanticide & disparaging the other gender, my 21st century mind is thinking & talking. But a 3000 BC human, from either a matriarchal or patriarchal society, surrounded by enemies who are ever ready pounce, war and usurp one's kingdom would have only thought about the survival and would have always preferred for the fittest one depending on the perception. The horror is people still do that in the name of survival of family name and wrong notions...

Apologies, if I have hurt anyone. But again my perception only.
Edited by chandrima02 - 6 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
[Q
Thanks Ayesha as always a clearer reply than what I originally intended to convey😆

UOTE=--BlackSheep--]Awesome post Sabita Di 👏
I loved how you highlighted the differences between Chamundi and Sambhavija. 

Chamundi was a compassionate woman who died for her love.On the other hand Sambhavija is a ruthless and ambitious woman.
Why these two are important?? Because this will be the point of difference between Devsena and Devsena 2.0

Devsena was raised in a loving environment by Arvamudan with Chamundi's ideals.She had the protection of Hahuma who was a sensible and kind maternal figure then.

Devsena 2.0 will be raised by the ruthless Sambhavija under the guidance of the changed Hahumaa.So this will considerably affect her personality too.
[/QUOTE]
gemini54 thumbnail
@chandrima02 first of all thanks for replying. You can be rest assured that I do not and will not take offense at any opposing views because that is what discussions are about. Sometimes views align sometimes not and that brings about healthy discussions. My only gripe sometimes is when the views are put forth in a rude manner which you have absolutely not done..so no worries do write..I love what you write and you are right about me confusing the eras😉
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great post Sabita. I have always believed that the basic intrinsic nature of a person depends upon its soul. 
Howsoever poison, Sambhavija and Hahuma might fill in Devsena's mind, she will remain a fair and just person. Same way, Jal Dev might be carefree but shall remain a gentleman and romantic at heart.
Also agreed regarding destiny. No one can change its path.  A human being thinks it is thwarting or changing the path of destiny. But whatever he does ultimately becomes the root cause of destiny coming into play.

Kansa thought he was escaping death by imprisoning Devki. That imprisonment eventually led Krishna to kill him. History is full of such examples
Edited by _Payalj_ - 6 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Excellent post by you, Sabita! ⭐️
gemini54 thumbnail
@payal no words except thanks for your reply.  I love the Kamsa analogy I thought about the same thing when Hahuma wants all children born at same time killed...but what happens the child she wanted to be born is stillborn...irony of ironies