Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago
I adorrre fawad...  But I'm not buying this conspiracy theories...  Simply because fawad had yet to do a role which would take him into a bankable star category let alone a 'superstar' 

A khoobsoorat,  or kapoor and sons really didn't pose him as a 'threat' to anyone...  At least not yet... 

He was just unlucky..  The shiv sena decided to pick up this agenda at that time and he unfortunately had a release coming up...  So he was targeted in the sense that he was available at that time...   

The shivsena does not give a damn about any real issue and has moved on to the next non issue hence other pakistani actors can work comfortably...  

Again fawad is a fantastic actor...  But when have 'actors' threatened anyone in bw? ...  He had very little box office clout... 
Deviant_Pixel thumbnail
At the time it did seem to be the result of ind pak tensions. But looking back at it now, you have saba and arif working in Indian movies with no noise being made, its bizarre the level of backlash Fawad received . I feel really bad for him, because he wasn't given the respect he deserves. I'm sure he is traumatised by the way he was treated and talked about. Maybe it was his bad luck it was right when the tension between two countries were at an all time high but whatever the case it's a loss.
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IchadhariNagin

Shobha de and co who don't even care about her own people is crying about fawad .It's like Indian are crying for Palestine .Fakeness everywhere

how do you know she does not care about her own people?

I am not a fan of Shobha De but your statement was the same as people getting called anti national for various reasons...

Just hope we stop being judgemental
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I usually dislike Shobha De...but for the first time, I felt she has spoken the truth.
I also had been observing the same for the past few months. India-Pakistan playing matches...so many other Pakistani actors still being a part of movies...India promoting movies in potential enemy China...then nobody speaks of Patriotism.
Yet, when Fawad was here, the entire nation had suddenly become SO patriotic, that Fawad- bashing had become the favourite topic of everyone.

Now I see why. Ofcourse the timing of the ban with Shiv Sena also played a crucial role. I am all in support for banning artists if at all, it shows respect to our soldier brothers. But, if one wishes to ban, ban everyone. This selective banning says a lot.

Thanks Shobha De for saying this...For once I respect her.
Edited by amritat - 6 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail
I agree, agar film industry ne pakistani artists pe ban lagaya hai to sab par equally apply hona chahiye...and, like before, I still do not support giving work to pakistani artists in India... jo log apke bure waqt me aapko support nahi kar sakte un logon ko apne acche waqt me bhi shariq karne ka koi matlab nahi banta ... ðŸ¥±

let Fawad be happy working in his country and supporting it, as he should... hum hindustani bhi uske exceptional talent aur good looks ke bina manage kar lenge kisi tarah ðŸ˜†

akhir fawad apne desh ko support karne ke liye India par terrorists attacks ke waqt chup reh sakta hai ...to yaha kyun log ro-ro ke mare jaa rahe hai usko welcome karne ke liye... arrey itna shauk hai to fawad ke pakistani films, serials aur ads dekh lo...uspe to koi controversy nahi hai na 
Edited by NathuPyare - 6 years ago
..NA.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
This women is talking without any facts like a jilted fan. When they imposed the ban they made it clear that the ongoing projects having pakistan actors/actresses would not be affected.
We've passed this decision in the AGM today on the demand of all the producers. Henceforth, till the situation is ok between the Pakistani and Indian governments, we will not hire any Pakistani artist, technician or singer. If there's any ongoing project from which they cannot be removed now, on which everything has been done, they can come for that. We will maintain this till the relations between Pakistan and India are ok. The AGM at IMPPA House in Mumbai was attended by more than 200 film producers. 
--TP Aggarwal, President of Indian Motion Picture Producers' Association (IMPPA)

She is saying Fawad was single out...then goes on to say that Mahira was also not allowed to come to India for promotion. But neither was Saba Qamar, Sajal Ali, Adnan Siddiqui. Even the remaining shooting of MOM was completed in Bangkok as the pakistani actors were not allowed. Mawra Hocane was also denied visa. Why she is not talking about them. Is her concern just limited to Fawad? 

It's just that the timing of release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil coincide with the attack, that's the reason Fawad Khan had to bear the brunt. If any another pakistani actors film would have released they might have face the same situation.

https://www.thequint.com/entertainment/2016/09/29/indian-film-producers-decide-to-isolate-pakistan-by-banning-pakistani-actors-singers-and-technicians

http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/mom-sridevi-starrer-moved-from-delhi-to-bangkok/articleshow/57369769.cms
Edited by Stell66 - 6 years ago
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In the current political climate, will any filmmaker take the risk and sign on a Pakistani actor? Fawad unfortunately became the target but Mahira Khan, Saba Qamar, Sajal Ali, all had been cast and were in the middle of shooting the movie before the Uri attacks happened. It's interesting to see if anyone will bell the cat and sign on the first Pakistani actor post the ban or it might not happen at all.. 
This has been told by us a lot of times and I guess we were right. Some of the A list actors of Pakistan are working in BW films and nobody comes up with useless patriotic views anymore, nor do people debate that whether they should watch the movie or not but it was not like this few months back.
I think Fawad is in a better space now, he didn't die to work in India instead he accepted the opportunity that was given to him by the producers from India. So I hope he never comes back to BW, he and his family was disrespected and they feared that he would take over the young brigade.
RiddhimaK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HitchHiker_

how do you know she does not care about her own people?

I am not a fan of Shobha De but your statement was the same as people getting called anti national for various reasons...

Just hope we stop being judgemental

If she is really cares about her own people equally then why she dont raise her voice against islamization of assam .Dailyprotest are happing even stone pelting is happening but i dont see any mainstream media specially seculars voice covering our voice

thats why i said she dont care about her own people and same with main stream media who dont care about northeast state
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Zeal17

I don't understand this Fawad craze. He was heavily promoted just like Aalia. That heavy promotion is what cost him and everyone knows what happened.

Fawad should ideally stay away from working again here after that debacle. 

No one can be promoted like Alia. And at least it didn't feel like he was doing every movie out there and didn't deserve them.