Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HamiSky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
[QUOTE=par0ma

Yes, the wrap up has been rushed and RiKaara have leapfrogged a lot of territory. But even if that has produced some whiplash 😛  I'm glad they've honored the fans' dearest wishes, rather that than dragging out a more logical end. 

[/QUOTE]
U said it all there... @bold.
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The song was just awesome, romantic, perfect. love so much both voice so happy.i want this ... 👏
Rainy_Days thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Dual saathiya version was Mind-blowing. 
Om still doesn't accept Their marriage. So it will next phase. 
Love blossom Track. 
May be we get to see proper marriage track. 

writergenie17 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: par0ma

Awww... Genie, you're much too generous with your praise. I loved today's episode, it surprised and delighted me and I let all of that flow on your thread  😆   You are an amazing writer and I love when you share thoughts on the episode. I'm planning to catch up on your stories this weekend. Haven't had a chance to read the ones you have going right now. 

Yes, the wrap up has been rushed and RiKaara have leapfrogged a lot of territory. But even if that has produced some whiplash 😛  I'm glad they've honored the fans' dearest wishes, rather that than dragging out a more logical end. 

I didn't find the rain scene out of place so much. Did you write about it, Genie? If you did, I don't recall seeing it on the forum. It felt like that episode (the couch and rain scenes)  was a bit of shorthand for Om following thru on the emotional connection he felt for Gauri. The fake pregnancy plot gave Om a chance to see Gauri in a different light, to soften towards her as a mom, it allowed him to open up emotionally to be being a dad and in the process gave him an excuse/reason to shower her with attention and care. The rain scene to me represented just that - she was emotionally wrecked and vulnerable and he instinctively tried to soothe her.  Her openness in embracing him (literally and figuratively), in seeking his support allowed him drop his inhibitions and offer her a refuge unconditionally and to absorb her pain. All of that closeness brought him to the point where he was unwilling to let go of Gauri in today's episode. 

What I did find totally out of place and wacky was that Om turned on BuaMaa as if on a dime. She went from doting second mom to scheming villain in a flash. Also Gauri's deception about the pregnancy was simply swept under the carpet as if it didn't happen. Even if everyone was willing to forgive Gauri in the light of the payoff, Om was duped and his emotions were trifled with. To pretend that never happened seems ridiculous unless they plan to dredge it up later post merger. 

I'm with you on the apprehension about RiKara's story in Ishqbaaz and you're right that we're going to have to give it at least a couple of weeks before a coherent Rikara centric storyline emerges. But the team did a nice job closing out RiKara in DBO, if they take the same approach we may be pleasantly surprised - again 😃   I hope the silly obsession with boxes and psycho antagonists gets the boot or at least dialed back. RiKara have plenty of personality clashes to get thru without the crazies getting in the way.  😉

With all the Bua Maa craziness that was going on and the fake pregnancy, which is something I cannot tolerate, I had stopped watching the show in the middle for more than a couple of weeks. So I missed watching the episode with the recliner and the rain hug on the day it aired and also didn't get a chance to discuss it on the forum. 

I agree that while the rain scene by itself wasn't so very abrupt, the entire creative decision to have Omkara be softer toward Gauri was starting to take shape on screen during that episode and the couple before it. The team didn't make it too obvious with his softening toward Gauri, especially when we were all convinced it was going down the rabbithole soon with the fake pregnancy truth tearing Omkara apart because it was another lie in a string of lies and he was getting emotionally involved this time. 

I was so sure that any softening in his attitude toward her was due to her being pregnant... that by the time the recliner thing happened, I was awwing at it but not connecting that with the evocation of any genuine feelings for Gauri herself... not considering the fact that she was supposed to be pregnant. 

With the rain scene, which you've explained so beautifully, I agree that it was beautifully shot and perfectly acted... but it felt more like fan service than any sort of plot device. Omkara is not curious about why his pregnant wife is sobbing in the rain, he who was worried about her eating papayas during pregnancy isn't worried about her health when she's dripping wet from the rain. 

The silent communication between them was absolute perfection in terms of what the fans wanted to see but trying to connect that sort of suddenly open communication between them, with the basic plot they had running before the news of the merger came along just didn't work for me. In that scene, Omkara is reassuring, supportive and most of all both of them are so comfortable around each other that it felt like a scene that should've been shot for an episode 50 days down the line, where he doesn't think she's a fallen woman, he's already started apologizing for his behavior and Gauri knows she can depend on his support when she needs it. 

In the context of this scene, Gauri's fear of her losing control of the growing lie is making her hyper emotional... it is understandable. But Omkara is just starting to soften toward her... and according to the plot line, they've only showed us instances of this happening when he's worried about pregnant Gauri... not Gauri herself. The recliner scene did set this up but the amount of emotional turmoil he should be going through to accept her and his decision to support her are very much missing. The emotional leap frog they played in Omkara's case makes that scene pure fan service for me. 

But that's just my opinion and it doesn't take anything away from the beauty of the scene itself. Forgive me if my rambling was more than a bit incoherent here. It is way too early on a Saturday morning where I am, for me to sound any sort of put together. 

par0ma thumbnail
@HamiSky: I know right, as fans we're thrilled to see it end so satisfyingly, it's like someone checked off our wishlist 😆

@Genie: If there's someone who ought to be apologizing for rambling on YOUR thread it ought to be me. I don't post a whole lot, but when I do it's clear that brevity and I are from different planets.😆  It's a lot fun to discuss our beloved couple so I won't hold back on rambling here either. 😉  

I'm not sure if the writers had the time/notice to plan a proper closure for the BuaMaa track before the merger. It seems as if the business decision happened rather quickly and if that's the case then the writers did a pretty good job of showing Om's concern for Gauri as the mother of his child and a growing sense of relish for his role as a father. Did he make that leap rather quickly? Sure, but it is possible that after the shock of the news and the resentment of it had worn off  he realized he couldn't just wish the mother of his child away. Perhaps he decided on a course of pragmatism - to make peace with the facts,  embrace his role as father-to-e and leave all the complications to be sorted out later. 

As for the rain scene it was a purely emotional response to Gauri's distress. She needed comfort and he unbent enough to provide it. Surely his heart is way ahead of his mind, his thoughts and his reasoning when it comes to Gauri. I don't know that they needed to discuss why and how she was distressed, if he'd asked maybe she would've just dismissed it. Sure they have a ton to communicate and a boatload of issues to resolve but that was not the time. They were in simpatico emotionally and for that short time it was enough to revel in that comfort. The advantage of scenes unfolding without dialog, with just the music is that it allows for a certain shorthand in showing the emotional graph of the characters and it's possible to make elliptical leaps relatively easily.

Even if Gauri is ahead of Om on understanding her one true love, she's still in devotion and duty mode; it isn't the love of a woman for her man. Om of course has a long, long way to go. The fake pregnancy track gave each of them a crutch, training wheels if you will. A way to see the other person differently, more deeply and the ability to cut loose and feel more freely. For Om in particular it was important to have those training wheels to see Gauri as more than the giri hui aurath. Now the training wheels have come off and he's been comfortable on the bike long enough to be willing to see what Gauri is really like. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks we'll see some genuine communication, an attempt to understand each other as individuals. *fingers crossed* 
feona-frona thumbnail
loved how om softly approached gouri and she didn't bent  to him like before.now waiting for rikara romance to start.😊