Saathiya in today's episode slayed me!... and other impressions

writergenie17 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
First off, I wasn't expecting today's episode to be what it was. I expected confrontation, bitterness, arguments, accusations and all-round emotional chaos from RiKara... but got a semblance of that from Rudra and Bhavya. 
RiKara on the other hand were the epitome of calm and sensibility today. From the first scene where Omkara steps between Gauri and Bua Maa, all the way to the last scene with Gauri asking him to leave because she can't think when he's around. 

But the highlight of today's episode for me today, was the duet version of Saathiya. I wasn't expecting it and when the track started, I was settling in for another montage of Gauri's feelings and memories as she walked out of the house. But then the male portion of the song came over when Omkara steps out from behind the curtain and the duet version just blew me away! The way it was shot, the way the songs were blended... the lighting, the expressions... everything was on point and perfection!

Though it did feel quite a bit rushed and with the way the characters had been progressing, it didn't make sense for Omkara to react the way he did regarding either Bua Maa or Gauri... but with this being DBO's final night on-air as a show by itself, I guess they wanted some sort of a closure. At least we can hope for some fluff and growing understanding when we get RiKara on screen from Monday onwards in IB.

That said, I was squealing like a teenager at almost every RiKara scene today. Not considering the butchering of characters and complete disregard to something called a storyline, I am glad we got some calm and sensible RiKara today. Gauri shut the entire contingent of haters up today by expressly showing them that she was tired of getting her self-respect kicked around in the name of misunderstandings. That though she revered her husband, she wasn't above leaving him to preserve her own dignity. We got the real Dabangg Gauri today... the one who doesn't need sunglasses or the stupid orange candy to prove her amazingness. 

And we got a surprisingly serene Omkara, who already seems to be halfway in attraction and emotional entanglement with his wife. He even almost acknowledged that she is his wife... for someone who's been very staunch in disavowing himself from the farce of a wedding that took place in Bareilly, him almost calling her his wife is a big step in acceptance. Also, he fairly begged her to stay back... Brownie points for Kunal today... man that guy doesn't even need dialogues anymore! He is able to convey so much with his lovely eyes and expressions alone... Hats off Kunal! You were absolutely amazing today... The tentativeness in his voice, the expressions and those eyes... they were speaking so much more than his dialogues. Well done people... well done. 

Hopefully, when we restart on Monday as part of the hour-long IB, we don't lose all this progress like we did during the MS. For now, we can only cross our fingers, hope for some nice RiKara after Monday and be happy with what we got today... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

writergenie17 thumbnail
I just finished rewatching parts of today's episode for the third time. 
And I can't get over just how mature and adult-like these two are at one moment and then the next, they're so cute, innocent and totally child-like. Watching their relationship grow and take shape is going to be a genuine pleasure if it is done right... something I have zero hope for btw, because when has tellywood not spoiled every good thing its had? Because when has Gul ever let us have something nice?

But yeah... this gives me so many ideas for fluffy slow-burn relationship building OSs or SSs. With three stories in progress however, I can't commit to writing anything else at the moment. I do hope one or more of our lovely uber talented writers is up to the fun challenge.
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post
Indeed today episode was magical and showed great progress between om and gauri through out dil bole Oberoi chapter. His confession of his mistakes and apology was greatly presented and so was the gauri reaction. And the best part was "ab tu ruk jao". I never thought that CVs will show this all but they did and it was amazing. 
Now I am waiting for love bell ringing in gauri ears and Omkara realization and acceptance that gauri was the life partner he has always looked for. 
And now that ishqbaazi and DOB is merging, their tale would be very interesting to watch. 
Edited by Javeria3991 - 6 years ago
Elation thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Love ur post. Even I wasn't expecting this at all n way too thrilled watching it. Much contrast to their childlike infact mindless accusations between them so far, their convo today is endearing. Gauri's answers to Om's questions are literally questioning him again. Perfect lines n perfect portrayal. I just love them. And Atif's direction has taken the entire scene a notch above. Very artistic way of taking.⭐️⭐️
Sumaiya_Scrible thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Well said 👏

Today Rikara's closure from start to end was perfect to T. I was also literally feeling like squealing with happiness and fainting with joy (*dreamy sigh*)

The song was just Marvellousl, romantic, perfect. Shrenal really killed it with their expressions (also drooling over kunal's expressions more 😳 ) Gauri's replies were bang on. She was indeed the Gauri kumari sharma.

With this episode I'm relived about merger

Also rudy's expressions made me cry 😭 he must've felt so badEdited by sumaiya10 - 6 years ago
Priya_Iyer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Today's episode was everything. The acting, the ambience, the dialogues , the expressions.

Om acceptance that intentions behind any truth or lie matters more proves that he has changed or the change has begun. (The Gauri effect)

Rikara's confrontation was a dream. No over the top shouting, no excuses, no blame games. It was a conversation of two adults,of a man and woman, of a guilty desperate husband and a hurt wife. (there wasn't anything childish or juvenile about it).

Gauri today gave it her all. How much hurt she is, she was, how he made her feel, and Om bless his soul took it all. Thats the thing about him. He wont cover his mistakes with silly excuses born out of ego. He owns his mistakes. Which is why each of his sorrys feel heartfelt.

He was desperate to make her stay. (oh how the times have changed) his last trump card, Her beloved Shankarjee, who has been a witness (maybe the only one) to their relationship, to their story. He brought them together. His innocent heartfelt plea to ask the Lord felt as if he has already started believing in their relationship , which excites me more.

Dbo ended on a high note, with the beginning of Rikara's Ishqbaazi. :-)

P.S. The duet version of the song, so beautiful, subtly poignant and soulful. It was magical. *had Goosebumps*
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Today's episode was khidkhitod...but wat surprised me is we all expected a explosion from om when he realises the fake pregnancy but I am glad that cvs took it a different way...now at the end of DBO they pave way to their ishqbaazi and both om's and Rudra's ishqbaazi is going to start in the real ishqbaaz... now the story is going to concentrate on the 3brothers together and their love story 
par0ma thumbnail
Ditto Genie, I too was absolutely stunned by the closing sequence - I expected brimstone and fire to close the series much as it had opened. Instead we got a quietly pitched emotional sequence that was smartly written, beautifully performed and superbly staged and therefore so much more satisfying.The icing on the cake was the duet version of Saathiya which was utterly delightful. 
I'm very forgiving of the way the series jumped ahead and had Om do a volte face with regard to BuaMaa and Gauri. Om has been stuck in the same prejudiced rut forever, when he took one step forward he followed with a 100 steps back and it was very exhausting and frustrating for the viewer. At last they've moved him to point where he is willing and open to examining his premise on Gauri. Phew! I hope we don't have him regress post merger. 

Kudos to the writers for the fork in the road they leave RiKara on. Om is penitent and apologetic but mostly intrigued by the Chulbul version of Gauri that he's finally allowed himself to see. He's always had this protective instinct towards Gauri but today he not only instinctively reached to support her as she stumbled but then he savored the the feel of the curtain she clutched for support. He wants her to stay - desperately - but he isn't quite ready to face why that is so or what their relationship is at its core. And then there is Gauri who was magnificent today. As you said she addressed every single grievance those of us who love Gauri as a character have harbored. Nothing and no one takes precedence over her husband's life, not even her pride, esteem or dignity. But once she's satisfied he's in a good place, she will move to reclaim them. 

I loved how Om knew just which buttons to push with Gauri - he invokes her beloved friend and mentor Shivji but does so carefully, asking only that she be willing to think things thru and not rush her decision and then stuns us by giving her the space she needs to make her decision. It was a wise move, one that allows Gauri to follow her generous and tender heart and give them a fresh start. Equally how lovely was it to see the guileless, transparent, artless Gauri declare that her husband by his mere presence robs her of her ability to think and reason. The declaration was so natural, her emotional turmoil so upfront. Omkara struggles with commitment and shies away from defining how he feels, Gauri tells it as it is even if it makes her vulnerable. Yin and Yang. Can't wait to see them put it together. 

Big up to the director for staging the sequence with so much delicacy and ShreNal for hitting it out of the park with their performances. What a terrific way to go into the wider Isqbaaz world, here's hoping the writers pick up just as they left off. 
writergenie17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: par0ma

Ditto Genie, I too was absolutely stunned by the closing sequence - I expected brimstone and fire to close the series much as it had opened. Instead we got a quietly pitched emotional sequence that was smartly written, beautifully performed and superbly staged and therefore so much more satisfying.The icing on the cake was the duet version of Saathiya which was utterly delightful. 

I'm very forgiving of the way the series jumped ahead and had Om do a volte face with regard to BuaMaa and Gauri. Om has been stuck in the same prejudiced rut forever, when he took one step forward he followed with a 100 steps back and it was very exhausting and frustrating for the viewer. At last they've moved him to point where he is willing and open to examining his premise on Gauri. Phew! I hope we don't have him regress post merger. 

Kudos to the writers for the fork in the road they leave RiKara on. Om is penitent and apologetic but mostly intrigued by the Chulbul version of Gauri that he's finally allowed himself to see. He's always had this protective instinct towards Gauri but today he not only instinctively reached to support her as she stumbled but then he savored the the feel of the curtain she clutched for support. He wants her to stay - desperately - but he isn't quite ready to face why that is so or what their relationship is at its core. And then there is Gauri who was magnificent today. As you said she addressed every single grievance those of us who love Gauri as a character have harbored. Nothing and no one takes precedence over her husband's life, not even her pride, esteem or dignity. But once she's satisfied he's in a good place, she will move to reclaim them. 

I loved how Om knew just which buttons to push with Gauri - he invokes her beloved friend and mentor Shivji but does so carefully, asking only that she be willing to think things thru and not rush her decision and then stuns us by giving her the space she needs to make her decision. It was a wise move, one that allows Gauri to follow her generous and tender heart and give them a fresh start. Equally how lovely was it to see the guileless, transparent, artless Gauri declare that her husband by his mere presence robs her of her ability to think and reason. The declaration was so natural, her emotional turmoil so upfront. Omkara struggles with commitment and shies away from defining how he feels, Gauri tells it as it is even if it makes her vulnerable. Yin and Yang. Can't wait to see them put it together. 

Big up to the director for staging the sequence with so much delicacy and ShreNal for hitting it out of the park with their performances. What a terrific way to go into the wider Isqbaaz world, here's hoping the writers pick up just as they left off. 

You just took what I wanted to convey and said it so much more beautifully than I ever could. 

I love your analysis of the episode, the characters and the way it was crafted today... Brava! my friend...

I agree that Omkara's volte face seemed quite rushed and out of character for what we've been seeing over the past 50 odd episodes. But then the rain hug scene was quite out of place too, no matter how beautifully crafted and shot it was. I've been feeling a sort of creative disconnect between the producers and the unit with its actors, over the past few episodes. 

It seems as if ever since the PH decided to merge DBO back into IB, the DBO unit, including the actors have been working to give the fans what they're been craving for such a long time. Even if it didn't make too much sense storywise, its not like anything matters after the merger and they get to give us some amazing RiKara moments to look back on. 

That said, I'm pretty sure that with the merger happening from Monday, we'll see qualitatively and quantitatively less RiKara for quite some time... they're gonna want to focus on moving the parent show along first... and they might just forget to devote screen time to the most mature and in-tune with each other pair they have. 

RiKara is special to its fans by virtue of the uniqueness of both characters and due to the exemplary chemistry between Shrenu and Kunal. While ShreNal have proved time and again, that they don't need dialogues to convey what they need to, they're going to need enough screen space and creative attention for their story to develop into the beautiful one it is so capable of becoming. 

I can only hope that Gul realizes what a gem she's accidentally created... that not all great heroes have to be sadistic, attention-craving, alpha-male manbabies and not all amazing heroines need to be pathetically sanskari, always happy and perpetually submissive. 

Fingers crossed for Monday...
par0ma thumbnail
Awww... Genie, you're much too generous with your praise. I loved today's episode, it surprised and delighted me and I let all of that flow on your thread  😆   You are an amazing writer and I love when you share thoughts on the episode. I'm planning to catch up on your stories this weekend. Haven't had a chance to read the ones you have going right now. 

Yes, the wrap up has been rushed and RiKaara have leapfrogged a lot of territory. But even if that has produced some whiplash 😛  I'm glad they've honored the fans' dearest wishes, rather that than dragging out a more logical end. 

I didn't find the rain scene out of place so much. Did you write about it, Genie? If you did, I don't recall seeing it on the forum. It felt like that episode (the couch and rain scenes)  was a bit of shorthand for Om following thru on the emotional connection he felt for Gauri. The fake pregnancy plot gave Om a chance to see Gauri in a different light, to soften towards her as a mom, it allowed him to open up emotionally to be being a dad and in the process gave him an excuse/reason to shower her with attention and care. The rain scene to me represented just that - she was emotionally wrecked and vulnerable and he instinctively tried to soothe her.  Her openness in embracing him (literally and figuratively), in seeking his support allowed him drop his inhibitions and offer her a refuge unconditionally and to absorb her pain. All of that closeness brought him to the point where he was unwilling to let go of Gauri in today's episode. 

What I did find totally out of place and wacky was that Om turned on BuaMaa as if on a dime. She went from doting second mom to scheming villain in a flash. Also Gauri's deception about the pregnancy was simply swept under the carpet as if it didn't happen. Even if everyone was willing to forgive Gauri in the light of the payoff, Om was duped and his emotions were trifled with. To pretend that never happened seems ridiculous unless they plan to dredge it up later post merger. 

I'm with you on the apprehension about RiKara's story in Ishqbaaz and you're right that we're going to have to give it at least a couple of weeks before a coherent Rikara centric storyline emerges. But the team did a nice job closing out RiKara in DBO, if they take the same approach we may be pleasantly surprised - again 😃   I hope the silly obsession with boxes and psycho antagonists gets the boot or at least dialed back. RiKara have plenty of personality clashes to get thru without the crazies getting in the way.  😉