Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

I dislike the term 'shaming' and people, women esp using it as a shield against any criticism at the same time merrily shaming , sorry mocking others ... This trend needs to stop

Yes people call it shaming when their favorites are even mildly criticized ðŸ˜› but when they do it its constructive criticism or merely pointing out a flaw

This thread belongs to the Members Lounge or Debate Forum

@Red Agreed

@Bold Apparently those forums have tumble weeds rolling through them as in barely any action. So I posted here. ðŸ˜†
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SherlockHouse

woman dancing and jiggly body parts passed off as sexy. 

Don't read youtube comments on mallu dance videos

Grew up on South movies. Those dances might have traumatized me.  ðŸ˜›
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have a long childhood of body shaming, not only from my friends but also from teachers. So much so that I have cried for hours at a stretch after those incidents. My PE teacher would ask me to do sit ups infront of the class just because I was fat. So for me body shaming brings some bad memories personally. Doesn't matter anymore but back then it was hell for me to feel humiliated everyday by someone or the other. 
However if its the entertainment industry its a known fact that u need to look good on the screen. People are not paying their hard earned money to cringe everytime someone appears on the screen. Its just that type of a profession. But I also believe sometimes people go extreme with their criticism. Pari and Sona look fine to me much better then what they used to be. To expect them to turn into Deepika's size is ridiculous and the hillarious part is now people find Deepika too thin, almost unhealthy ( I feel the same though ) I have seen plenty of regional artists who do no have the best bodies but still click with the audience and had succesful careers maybe because their acting was better than their looks .  So this whole excessive criticism just because someone has a bit of a weight is wrong. Coming to mocking people just because they are not the perfect size is completely wrong. Everyone don't have it easy with losing weight.Depends on their body structure and their health issues too so why mock. Its hurtful and unnecessary/ Do not like the person , don't watch their movie, call out the reason too that they are unfit. Thats fine, its an opinion and u have a right to it. Nobody has the right to mock someone by calling them names, then its just someone having fun at someones expense maybe the celebrity is not gonna read ur comments but some person living through constant bullying might and feel worse. 
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mystic-

More than face shaming.. you deserve to be hair shamed. Get a good hair transplant & come back. ðŸ˜ƒ

anything to please u my lord ðŸ˜ƒ

aur bhi kuch farmaish ho to wo bhi bata do ðŸ˜ƒ
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Shaming people for having a physique or features that are not conventionally considered beautiful.

I think the day BW makes more films about real looking people with real stories, the audience and online fan communities will also not be obsessed with celebs looking perfect.

And I actually sometimes want to see a little jiggle or belly fat on BW characters..😆

FOr example, as much as I loved the film Piku, one thing that kept bothering me was how unrealistically toned Deepika's body looked even when hidden under those kurtas... Her "physique" never for one second looked like it belonged to an average bong girl living in Delhi.😆

kebab_me_haddi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

*disclaimer* 
I think people in the entertainment business should take care. I don't care about the normal person on the road. But this question came up in the criticism thread. 

My point is, these are people in the entertainment industry. There have help for fashion as in stylists, they can hire trainers to work out, most probably have help in the kitchen. We are bombarded by their images, why should I not expect them to look their best ? 

What do you think is the point of fashion then ? Shallow to look at clothes, make up ? Criticize bad fashion ? Apologies if I come across as combative. Sincerely interested in your POV. 

Actually 😆 I dont care for fashion etc trust me, these are so meaningless for me. I dont care how acts, how one looks, if a film is bad or if one film is good.

You must be thinking I am contradicting myself because I make some comments and make some threads.

But I dont care at all in reality. I am threads or comment if I feel at that moment or because I have to but tbh I do not care. These are not real.

Dont ask for my POV. It doesnt matter 😆 hey trust me..just love others, be happy, stop caring so much, dont make life complicated, use your moments you got to do something good.

Once you understand that you are not going to live forever on this earth such things like fashion,looks, motapa, acting does not matter 😆 love you 😆
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
There's a thin line between saying 'as it is' and making a mockery or derogatory remarks.

Most of the times, personally, I don't even like saying 'as it is', especially if it concerns weight - because one needn't comment on body size or shape.. that person would be well aware of his body, it's not like we need to say for them to realise - they perhaps think/worry/stress about their body a million times more than us, and we never know if they may be having health issues, or may be genetically wired in the way he/she is. 

Anyway, on the forum, there is a thin line... and we are all old enough to know where to stop :)

NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: dingle_hopper

Shaming people for having a physique or features that are not conventionally considered beautiful.

I think the day BW makes more films about real looking people with real stories, the audience and online fan communities will also not be obsessed with celebs looking perfect.

And I actually sometimes want to see a little jiggle or belly fat on BW characters..😆

FOr example, as much as I loved the film Piku, one thing that kept bothering me was how unrealistically toned Deepika's body looked even when hidden under those kurtas... Her "physique" never for one second looked like it belonged to an average bong girl living in Delhi.😆

but then in Tubelight Sallu was criticized a lot for his obesity... so who knows whether audience would heartily accept an  average looking bong girl as a heroine in a bollywood movie ðŸ¤“
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

I have a long childhood of body shaming, not only from my friends but also from teachers. So much so that I have cried for hours at a stretch after those incidents. My PE teacher would ask me to do sit ups infront of the class just because I was fat. So for me body shaming brings some bad memories personally. Doesn't matter anymore but back then it was hell for me to feel humiliated everyday by someone or the other. 

However if its the entertainment industry its a known fact that u need to look good on the screen. People are not paying their hard earned money to cringe everytime someone appears on the screen. Its just that type of a profession. But I also believe sometimes people go extreme with their criticism. Pari and Sona look fine to me much better then what they used to be. To expect them to turn into Deepika's size is ridiculous and the hillarious part is now people find Deepika too thin, almost unhealthy ( I feel the same though ) I have seen plenty of regional artists who do no have the best bodies but still click with the audience and had succesful careers maybe because their acting was better than their looks .  So this whole excessive criticism just because someone has a bit of a weight is wrong. Coming to mocking people just because they are not the perfect size is completely wrong. Everyone don't have it easy with losing weight.Depends on their body structure and their health issues too so why mock. Its hurtful and unnecessary/ Do not like the person , don't watch their movie, call out the reason too that they are unfit. Thats fine, its an opinion and u have a right to it. Nobody has the right to mock someone by calling them names, then its just someone having fun at someones expense maybe the celebrity is not gonna read ur comments but some person living through constant bullying might and feel worse. 

Sorry to hear about your experience growing up

Bold - That's cruel... Kids can be cruel at school but some adults (teachers) are no less, cannot believe the insensitivity... That must be traumatizing esp for a girl
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
And ya, the expectations of actors/actresses to look thoroughly toned and always in shape is unrealistic IMO ..Although this is showbiz and they are expected to look a certain way, but the truth is, the actors/actresses are also human like you and me.. looks are ephemeral :)

IDK what's wrong with looking at normal people that come in all shapes and sizes with normal fluctuating weights/shapes in movies.. World is beautiful because of variety, imagine a world full of walking and talking mannequins. 😆 I mean, TBH, people are beautiful.. there's something or the other beautiful or amusing in everyone :p  anyway, this is my personal opinion and I digress
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago