PV OS - Queen of his heart -Epilogue(chapter 3) page 6

B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Hi all, this is chapter 1 of a 3 part OS to celebrate our serial queen's birthday.πŸ₯³ Better late than neverπŸ˜‰

Chapter 1 - below

Chapter 2 - page 2 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4868672&TPN=2

Chapter 3 (epilogue) -page 6

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4868672&TPN=5

Queen of his heart

Chapter 1

Finally she sat down in relief after almost having missed her plane.  Getting out of the village proved to take much longer than expected.  The plan was to arrive at her hotel last night and she would have been able to get to the airport in ample time.  But she managed to get there only this morning and it was past check out time.  Luckily the hotel management was kind enough to at least let her have a shower and change in one of the empty rooms.  A quick purchase at a shop on the premises had to suffice as there was no time to still delve into her luggage. 

She just managed to reach the gate as the last call to board was announced.   Beyond exhausted she thought happily about the long break ahead of her. She wasn't going to take this job, it was merely the location that enticed her.  She had such a heart for the disenfranchised.  Especially the very young and the very old.

The destination was so dangerous that she didn't dare tell her family where she was going.  She only told her assistant to tell them that she was not reachable but safe and she prayed that she would be.  The shoot was over a period of 2 weeks.  They went to various locations and she would never have thought that the country was so beautiful, but for the war ravaged areas and the abject poverty for most of it.  It was her last job.  After 12 years in this industry she decided to make a change.  She had always known that this was not a career, but the job had been good to her.  Well most times. 

She opened up her laptop and looked at the pictures.  It wasn't bad.  He gave her some excellent pointers that would stay with her always but she would never be in his class.  In fact it was because of him that she started to develop a heart for these causes.  At first he refused that she go to these dangerous destinations with him, but she was as stubborn as he was.  That's why ...  In any event he had to agree to take her along.  The pain and suffering of the people broke her heart.  More than once they found themselves in danger in these places, but she always trusted him to protect her.

That was what he wanted to do.  But the funding was limited.  So he had to do commercial photography and moved on to become a world famous film director/producer so he could fund his own documentaries to raise money and highlight the plight of various people who were savagely marginalised.  She loved to share that part of his life.  And she knew he would be so angry with her for what she had done now, on her own, but she had contacted a church group that assisted her.  They gave her accommodation and provided someone to take her around, interpret, interview people and take video clips and photographs.  She would have loved for him to have been there with her.

But now she was going back home for the first time in 6 months.  Well to India, her parents' home.  She hadn't lived there since she was 15 years old.  She was discovered whilst visiting her paternal grandmother in the USA.  Her mother was dead set against her becoming a model but her grandmother and her father agreed so her mother gave in, only if she was accompanied.  She always had an aunt or her grandmother with her as well as her tutor.  That was her mother's other demand.  Her education should not suffer.

By the time she was 17 she was a household name and it was all because of him.  She had been modelling for 2 years and was quite successful as a photographic and a ramp model in the USA.  Then she met the intern of one of the big name photographers.  They had an instant rapport.  They brought the best out in each other.  The pictures her took of her was phenomenal and catapulted her into supermodel status and made him a sought after photographer.  He was clearly much better than being an intern.  Their rapport was so good that many of the clients requested that they work together.  Some music videos that she performed in was also shot and directed by him.  Offers for movies flooded in internationally and from India but she was never interested in that.  She even loathed the social events that she had to attend but it was part of her job unfortunately.  But she never divulged much information about her personal life.

She loved that he spoke Hindi to her.  They had their own private jokes in Hindi knowing that the rest of the crew could not understand them.  The only other person that spoke Hindi to her in the USA was her grandmother.  Even her aunts and cousins spoke English.  She even had elocution lessons so that she could have a neutral accent.  It worked for her and her family.  No one could link her to them.  She had the hugest crush on him but she was never left alone for a moment and for good reason.  The things that went on in the modelling industry could ruin anyone, more so a young and sheltered girl.

Finally she reached home after so long.  She jumped out of the cab at the house and ran inside.

"Hello.  Anybody home.

She heard footsteps running to her.

"Dids it was her baby brother.

They hugged.

Then she saw him. Possibly her favourite human in the whole world.  Her father.

"Mmm, looking smart Mr. K.  What's the occasion?  You looking younger and younger every time I see you.

"See this is why you are my favourite.  Come give me a hug.

She ran to her father and hugged him.

"I am so happy to see you my baby.  We have been worried sick about you.  We couldn't reach you for 2 months where were you?

"I was working.  I am fine Dad.  I am here now. she smiled at up at him.

"Yes, dids.  We were worried sick.  Not even Mansi could reach you.

"Worried?  Who are you and what have you done with my baby brother?  Dad, is he perhaps sick? she touched his forehead as if to feel for a fever. 

"Didi! he said outraged.

"Come on.  Out with it.  Say what you want to say?

"Ok.  What did you bring me? he finally asked the first question he normally asked whenever she returned. 

"Aah, there we have it.  My baby is back. she laughed. 

"Let me greet everyone first.

For the first time she noticed that there were guests.  And the family was dressed very formally.

She went to her mother and greeted her.  The disapproving look did not come as a surprise.  Her attire was T-shirt and shorts. 

"Aarti this is G3-ji and SP-ji. We are fixing Arpita's marriage.  They will be her in-laws.

She greeted them to and saw that they too looked at her very disapprovingly. 

"Where is Arpi?

"She is outside with her intended.

"Ok.  Ma, do you mind if I go shower and sleep.  I am very tired.

"Yes, please. her mother said and gave her another disapproving look.

Aarti turned around and rolled her eyes and her dad and Vheer tried to hide their amusement.

"Baby bro, please will you get Mansi to arrange a new Cell phone and Ipad for me.  I dropped them on my way to the airport.  That's why I couldn't contact you. And please let Ramsingh have my clothes washed. Oh, the gifts are in the black suitcase. she took the phone and Ipad out of her bag and was about to hand it to him. 

"Raneeji?

She swung around and the devices fell out of her hand.

She could not believe it.  She just stood there looking at him in shock.

"Yash, do you know my daughter? "Asked her father.

"Daughter? Yash asked.

"Oh, you probably know her as Ash Ranee.

"No daddy, he knows my real name. she said, her eyes still devouring him.

"Aarti Sharma, not Khuranna. Yash said.

"Aaah, that is confusing.  See, Aarti is not biological daughter.  Shoba was widowed when Aarti was one year old and she has been my daughter since she was 2.  But out of respect for her father's family, she kept her father's name.

"Didi, I am so glad you came home today. said Arpita.

She had forgotten about everyone but him. She forced a smile as Arpita came to her for a hug.

"So how do you know Yashji, didi?

"We worked together when I was still doing fashion photographer and music videos. Yash volunteered.

"But we haven't seen each other in 5 years. she said.

"5 years 2 months and 22 days he said.

Everyone looked at him in shock.  His eyes were only on her.  It held her captive and made her want to run to him and flee at the same time.  She chose option 2.

"Please excuse me.  I am going to shower and rest.  Congratulations. she said and walked to her room on unsteady legs.

She locked her door and leaned against it.  She sunk down till she reached the floor.  She couldn't believe it.  After so long, the first time she sees him is here, in her home, talking about marriage to her sister.  How did that happen?  She felt physically ill. The tears were flowing freely down her face.  He body was shaking in silent sobs.  This was so unfair.  She still loved him so much and now he was marrying her sister. 

That night Yash was wearing out his carpet the way he was pacing.  He had gone to his bedroom immediately.  Why now. Why her sister of all people?  But he supposed that he shouldn't be surprised.  When he had seen Arpita's picture he was glued to it.  For a moment he thought it was her.  But when he looked closer, the eyes were not as mesmerising, the lips were not as full and luscious and the smile was not the beautiful one that graced her face.  But it brought back so many memories.  And his family automatically assumed that he had chosen her.  He just went along with it.  After all 5 years was more than enough time to get over someone wasn't it.

Then he walks into the house after confirming that both he and Arpita wants the marriage and he sees her.  For a moment he thought she was an apparition.  It had happened before.  She looked like she would look when they were on their trips to do documentaries.  Shorts, t-shirt and frizzy hair, and no make.  No one would even recognise Ash Ranee in her when she looked like that.  It was the look he most loved about her.  She was never more beautiful than in her natural state.  He had always loved to photograph her like that.  Just for himself. 

He didn't know how he stopped himself from following her.  But he did.  He hoped that she would come back down and also that she wouldn't.   It was best that she didn't.  He might not have been able to keep his feelings at bay.  He couldn't leave that place soon enough.

How did he miss it?  He had seen photos of these people.  He heard her speak about them and to them on the phone.  But she had a nick names for her siblings and he could not remember if she ever told him that he family's surname was Khuranna.  He knew her father was not her biological father and he always admired their closeness even though they rarely saw each other.  He had met some her American family on shoots in the early days, before she was on her own.  They were obviously the Sharma's. 

How could this happen.  Was the universe, God, trying to tell them something?  Or punish him for some sin that he committed? He loved her so much, they were so happy but they were young and stubborn and allowed each other to go. 

He wanted to speak to her.  He needed to speak to her.  But she didn't have a phone.  He didn't want to phone home to speak to her.  And the date for the rohka had been set for a month from now.  Could he wait so long to see her again?  Would she still be in the country then?

He finally found out that she would be in the country for a while.  Her brother Vheer and his youngest brother Prateek had made friends quickly and he found out the information from him.

"Wow Bhayia.  Can you believe your sister in law is Ash Ranee?  She is so hot.

"Chote! Don't talk about her like that.  It's disrespectful.

"Sorry bhayia, but did you see her pictures.

"Yes, chote.  I took some of them. he said annoyed.

"You're so lucky.  Filming super models.  That's the dream.

"Trust me, it gets old.  And most of them are very difficult to deal with.

"And Ash, I mean Aartiji?

"No, she as a pleasure to work with.  Easy.  She knew what was required.  She made the job a pleasure. he had a nostalgic look in his eyes.

"Bhaiya did you two ... You know ... Have a thing.

"Chote I am busy, did you come here for something?

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go clubbing with Vheer and I. Both families are so busy they won't miss us.

"No thanks.

"Ok

"Chote, do you know when she's leaving again?

"Who bhayia? he said pretending to be ignorant.

Yash glared at him.

"Ok, ok.  According to Vheer she is not planning to leave India anytime soon.  She has officially retired from modelling and is planning to start an agency.

"I see.

"Anything else I should find out from Vheer?

"No, nothing.

"Can I go then?

"Yes.

"Ok, bye. he said with a naughty glint in his eye.

Aarti was exasperated by her brother.  She was not in the mood to go shopping.  She wanted to stay with her head under the covers and pretend that the engagement was not happening, now he wanted her to go shopping with him.

"Please baby boy, ask Ma or daddy.

"No, you are the fashion guru and I want you to go shopping with me.  Please.  And you know Yuvraj Gupta on a personal level.  He is the best men's designer here.  He will give you the best.  Come on Dids.  You want me to look hot at the rokha don't you?  There will be so many girls.  The Scindiya's are well known. And Jiju knows models and actresses that will be there.  Please Dids, you have to do this.

She sighed heavily.

"Fine, but you owe me.

"Yes, I swear.  I will do anything for you.  Anything.  Now get up and get dressed.  See you in 30 minutes. he said running out of the room.

She smiled.  She had to do it for him.  She could never refuse him anything.  And he hardly asked for favours like this.  It was hard on him being the brother of Ash Ranee.  Even worse as no one knew. When his friends and peers made comments about her he had to hold himself together and not lash out at them. Once or twice he lost it and got in trouble at school but he would never say why.  He only told her.  He was 6 years younger than her and would always be her baby.  She missed him and her father most when she moved the USA.

Aarti was sitting at boutique paging through a magazine while her friend was busy with styling Vheer.   She was world famous but hardly recognised in India, especially as she is dressed now.  Jeans, shirt and ponytail

"Hey, Aartiji what are you doing here?

She looked up and saw Prateek.

"I brought Vheer.

"And I came with Yash-bhayia.

She looked past him and her heart started pounding.  He looked at her with a smile and shrug.

"Hi Raneeji

She smiled.

"Anyway, I will go find Vheer and something to wear for the rohka.  And you Bhayia.

"No, I'm good.

He came to sit next to her.

"So how are you doing Raneeji?

"Don't you think you should stop calling me that?

"Why?

"Because ...

"Why?

"Because you are getting married.

"It's your surname isn't it?  Or rather your professional surname

"You know why you should stop. she looking at him.  He was looking back at her and he would not let her gaze go.  He could do that.

"Some things one can't stop, my Raneeji

"I ... I have to go.

She got up.

"Dids, how does this outfit look? I look hot right?

She had completely forgotten about Vheer.

"Yes, baby. 

"Dids, stop calling me that.  I am 20 years old.

"Ok, VHEER, you look very handsome.  Can we go?

"No Dids, I am hungry.  Can we get something to eat?

"Yes, now get done.

"Vheer, please tell Chote to get done and lunch will be on me.

"No, we wouldn't impose. she said.

"It's not an imposition in the least. he said with a smile.

"Fine

"Maybe I should find a new outfit too.  Wait here, you can give you an opinion on my engagement outfit as well.

A few moment later he came out looking stunning in a white and gold sherwani and white pants. He was wearing a gold turban.  He looked even more the king than when he proposed years back. 

"And? he asked.

She swallowed hard.

She nodded her head.

"No words my queen?  That's unusual.

"Nice.  It looks nice. she whispered hoarsely.

"Just nice.  Maybe I won't take it then.

"No.  I mean Yes.  Buy it.  It looks ... g ... good.

"Then so I shall.  Raneeji.

She sat down again.  What was this man doing?  Was he flirting with her when he was getting married to her sister?

They were sitting at the restaurant.  He made sure he was sitting next to her and the boys on the other side.  The waiter came and took their order.  Before she could say anything he had placed her order.

She gave him an irate stare.

"What? It's not what you wanted?

"No, I ... Well it is, but that is not the point.  I can speak for myself. she said impressed and disturbed that he still remembered.

"Ok, next time.

The boys looked at each other and smiled.

The 2 boys were quite entertaining and made them laugh.  Prateek had so many questions about models.  He was so funny.  And Vheer was in awe of his Jiju and his job as film director and all the superstars that he knew.

When dinner was finished, the boys offered to collect the clothes that they left at the boutique.

"Those boys are intuitive he said.

"I also have to go.

"No he took her hand.

"Yash please. she tried to yank he hands away.  He merely moved it and kept it under the table.

"Tell me you feel nothing for me Raneeji.

"Yash please, you are getting married to my sister.

"Answer the question Aarti.

"No

"No you don't want to answer the question or no you don't have feelings for me.

"Yash, what we had was long ago.  We need to move on.

"I never forgot you my Raneeji.  I still love you.

She had tears in her eyes.

"I can't do that to my sister.

"Nothing has happened yet.  It can still be stopped.

"It's not that simple.

"I love you.  Is that not simple enough.

"No it's not and you know that.  If it were, we would still be together.

"Aarti we were young and stupid.  Stubborn, both of us.

"And now you are betrothed.  There is nothing more to say.  Please will you see that Vheer gets home?  She left him sitting there in despair.

A few days later Aarti had come home from a meeting when she encountered her mother and crying sister in her room.

"Why are you in my bedroom?

Her mother stepped forward and slapped her.  She was shocked.

"Ma?

"Are you having an affair with Yash?'

"What?

"I am asking you a question, Aarti.  Are you having an affair with Yash?

"Of course not.  Why would you ask such a thing?

He mother turned around and picked up something from her bed.

"What is this?'

She grabbed it out of her mother's hand.

"Where did you find this? Why are you scratching in my personal things!?

"This is my house.  I can do what I want.

"These are my personal things.

It was her most prized possession.  The only thing she still had from her happiest time.  It was an album that Yash made for her.  It was all pictures of her in her natural form.  No make-up, sleeping, some even nude or dressed in nothing but his shirt or t-shirt.  Some in the aftermath of lovemaking and some of her and them on their missions that others took.  The only one of him that wasn't on the mission was when he was in bed taking her picture of her while she was getting dressed in the full length mirror.  She was smiling sensually at him in the mirror while he took the picture, sitting in bed with his naked upper body showing.   It was her favourite one.  It so perfectly depicted them.  It showed their love in the purest sense for her but for them it was dirty.

She was not ashamed of these pictures.  It was her personal things and not for them to have gone through. 

"That says it all doesn't it.

"You had no right! Aarti shouted at her mother.

"You are sleeping with my fiance.  Arpita shouted at her. 

"I am not going to dignify that with an answer.

She lifted her hand to slap Aarti, but her hand was caught before it connected with Aarti's cheek.

"Yash? said Arpita.

"What is going on here?

"You have a nerve being here? his mother said. "How dare you come here when you have agreed to marry my one daughter and having an affair with the other?

"I am not having an affair with anyone.

"And this? his mother pointed to the album.

He looked at Aarti shocked.  She looked so distraught.  She shook her head.

"Are you ok, Aarti?

"Is she ok? Is she ok? What about Arpita?'

"As I see it, nothing has happened to Arpita.  Why were you looking through Aarti's personal things?  Now you are accusing us of things we are not guilty of.

"How we found it does not matter, just admit that you are having an affair.

"Those pictures are old.  Can't you see that we were much younger then?  There is nothing going on between us now.

"You don't have to answer them Yash. Aarti said. 

"You have no shame.  I knew I should have never allowed you to model.  But your father always indulged you.  And your grandmother.

"This has nothing to do with modelling.  I never lived a frivolous life.  I never used drugs, drank or slept around.  I never even just partied for the sake of partying.  I never brought this family dishonour.  And in any case, no one even knows that I am linked to the family.

"This album tells a different story.  Can you deny that you had a sexual relationship with Yashji? asked Arpita.

She didn't reply.

"Aarti? he father was in the room now too.  "Is this true?

"Dad

"Aarti, answer your sisters question.

"Y ... Yes, daddy.

He looked so disappointed.

"Give me the album Aarti, said Yash.

"No.

"Give it.

She reluctantly gave it.  He went to the page he wanted. 

"Look at this

Her father looked at the album and then at them.

"Nothing was improper sir.

What he showed was a collage of their wedding pic's and a marriage certificate.

"You are married.

"No sir.  We were married, but then ... well it didn't work out.

"Why?

"Blame it on youth.  She was only 19 and I was 23 when we got married.  We got divorced 2 years later.

"He wanted me to stop modelling and I didn't want to.  And ... and ...

"And I blamed her for the loss of our baby

"Baby?

"I was pregnant and because of my hectic schedule I lost the baby. she said with her eyes tearing.

"And I couldn't get past that, so we got divorced

"So there is nothing going on between you to now.

"No sir.

"No daddy.  I promise.

"Then prove it? said Arpita.

"How? Asked Aarti.

"Get married.  Let Ma Bauji arrange a marriage for you too.

"No

"Why? Is because you want my husband.

"He is not your husband yet.

"See Ma.  She still wants him.

"Your sister is right.  If you have no intentions on Yash, then get married.  You will get a good match.  After all you are Ash Ranee said her mother disdainfully.

"Ma please.  I will leave I will go back to the USA.

"I hate you.  You are a spoilt brat.  You always got everything you wanted.  Everything comes easily to you.  You could have anyone in the world that you want but you want my husband to be.

"Please can everyone leave my room so I can pack?

"You are not going anywhere.  You will stay here and get married. her mother shouted.

"I haven't been under your supervision since I was 15, you cannot make me do this. she shouted back.

"Aarti! That is no way to speak to your mother. he father said in a low and angry voice. 

"Dad, are you agreeing with this? she was shocked as she had never received this treatment from her father.

"I agree you should get married.

"Daddy please.

"No your mother is right.  I have always given your way in everything, so this time I expect you to honour my wishes.

The tears were running down her cheeks.

"Yes, daddy.

Suddenly Vheer came into the room.  He had been listening all the time.  In fact he was the one that called Yash earlier before Aarti even came home when he noticed the commotion in Aarti;s room and heard Yash's name. 

"Dad, don't do this.  Please.  Don't make Dids get married to someone else.

"Someone else?

"I mean, don't let her get married to a stranger.  They won't love her like ... I mean they will just want her because she is Ash Ranee and they won't love her for her.  Please dad.

"Be quiet Vheer.  Are you questioning me?

"No dad.  I was just saying ...

"I know what I am doing.  Now can everyone please leave the room?

No one left. 

"I said leave.  Yash, you and Aarti talk.  Clear things up.  Now.

When they were alone, neither knew what to say.

"Aarti, you don't have to do this.  He grabbed the album.  Look at all these.  Tell me you have forgotten everything.  Tell me that you don't love me.  And I will walk away.

"Yash. That was a long time ago.

"I know when it was Aarti.  Tell me that you feel nothing for me.

"What we had is over Yash.  Over.  Just leave.  You are marrying Arpita and I will marry whoever daddy says I must.

"I will not marry Arpita.

"But ...

"No buts.  I agreed to this marriage because I thought that there was no chance for us.  But I believe there is a reason why we landed up in each other's lives before I went through with this marriage.  In my heart and mind, you are still my wife.  And you can think again if you think I will allow you to marry someone else.

"Yash.  Dad has never asked anything of me.  I have to respect his wishes in this,

"And what about my wishes.  What about yours? he walked closer to her and pulled her to him.  "Tell me that you don't remember.  Our first kiss, our first time making love. Tell me you haven't thought of it, that you don't want it. Tell me that you don't want me.

She looked at him.   Denial was pointless.  It was all written in her eyes.  The love and passion.  The complete longing for what had been lost.  For the love of her life.  Her eyes were wet with tears.

"You don't have to say anything Raneeji.  I know how you feel.  I feel the same. his lips came down on hers.  She could not deny herself the pleasure of his embrace, his kiss one more time.

Edited by B-onesie - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...RedStroke... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice read..i was smiling on my own πŸ˜³
enthusiastic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awesome shot
loved itt yaar..
premap thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Fabulous story. Enjoyed it. Thanks.
swetha03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...nice story...
It's good yash came at the right time... And aarthi realized that she can't live without home...
Continue soon dear
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...RedStroke...

nice read..i was smiling on my own πŸ˜³

I do that often, so it seems I am in good company.
Glad you enjoyed it. 
B-onesie thumbnail
Thank you πŸ˜ƒ
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: enthusiastic

awesome shot
loved itt yaar..

thank you so much.  Glad you enjoyed it. πŸ˜ƒ
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tessaloni

what an absolute mess! πŸ˜†

Quite, but they will work it our I'm sure. πŸ˜ƒ
B-onesie thumbnail

Originally posted by: premap

Fabulous story. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

thank you so much for the positive feedback. πŸ˜ƒ
some stories, i enjoy writing more than others and this was one of them.
Edited by B-onesie - 6 years ago