Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Happy Friday everyone!
The show starts off with Devaki stroking the peacock feather that she still has on her. She weeps and apologizes profusely to her 8th child, and she lets the peacock feather go. 

Meanwhile in Gokul, everyone has joined their palms together, closed their eyes, and are meditating on the words "Radhe Krishna". The peacock feather is carried by the wind into little Krishna's hands. 

Puranmasi opens her eyes, sees the peacock feather, questions if this is a sign, but then wonders how a peacock feather appeared when there aren't any peacocks nearby. 

<Seriously, that's how they're going to introduce this. It would have been better if Akrur showed up, handed over the peacock feather, and said, "this is a little gift from your friends in prison - Vasudev and Devaki.">

So then as Vasudev is trying to console Devaki, Kamsa comes in and drops the bomb that he's going to free them, drive them to Mahismati, and play with her -- naa, rock her kids in his arms. He force feeds her Gokul's makhan because Gokul's makhan is her favorite. 

Meanwhile, back in Gokul, Puranmasi narrates the story of how peacocks gave shelter to the devtas in Treta Yuga when Ravana defeated them all and was going to kill them. Devtas were given shelter in the peacock feathers, and so they blessed the peacocks that the devtas will always reside in the peacock feathers. Hence ... why peacock feathers have those eyes. 

So Yashoda declares that from now on she will always put a peacock feather on little Krishna's head, and it will become his identity. So she gets a tiny peacock feather and puts it around Krishna's head.

<Err ... how did she get a tiny peacock feather to begin with? Sure she might have a collection in the back of the house, but sorta defeats the whole "there aren't any peacocks here" theory that makes it super auspicious>

Vishnu says that the peacock feather is a sign of Devaki's love,  tyag, karuna, vatsalya and today Krishna has embraced her motherly love and gave it a superior place. 

Oh and Putana is shooting lasers out of her eyes to kill babies. 

This Bhagvan Kamsa thing is a joke now. Aarti, "Om Kamsaya Namaha".

Devaki escapes from prison. Seriously, stop laughing. She manages to run from the prison to Kamsa's pooja mandhal (which is you recall, the palace can be seen from Devaki / Vasudev's prison balcony). She grabs a soldiers spear, yells Kamsa, and hurls it at him. Kamsa is pissed. He hurls it back and we're supposed to believe that it hits Devaki. 

That leads me to believe that this is either a dream sequence or someone else got impaled by the spear (probably the soldier who let her escape?). 

Today's episode rating is a lovely 4/10. Recommendations: Gokul scene, and maybe the short encouragement scene of Vasudev.  

Edited by guenhwyvar - 6 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Lolaz- Shows do the whole human-relatable things to Gods and Goddesses only ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† Where are their parents? :P

But honestly. What is it with showing that Lakshmi doesn't know anything? There are certain things that she asks Vishnu in the scriptures, as that way, her question helps the world, but the way they are making her ask is a little annoying. And the LakshmiNarayana scenes are kind of repetitive, so no points there either.
What have they done to Maa Devaki, in who most see a faithful, selfless person, who knows her son will come to rescue her one day? I know Pitaji Vasudeva didn't tell her in this, but still :P ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Oh, Lola and I have had many long rants on how shows (and books) make God "relatable" to current society, and in the process completely lose the divine aspect, and therefore half the lessons that are so important. The ironic thing is, these so-called "relatable" characters actually look and sound annoying most of the time. Beloved characters we've grown up learning about and look up to, these larger than life characters, lose all the qualities that make them so great and look just like any other normal human character with flaws and issues. I will never understand the current generation's obsession with seeking 'flaws' in every character, even divine ones.
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the update Shyam. I think I'll skip it today. 
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I have no idea how to react to this episode... what a weird show 
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MagadhSundari

I have no idea how to react to this episode... what a weird show 

😆😆

I'm at work so can't watch the episode live, but you made me read the WU. 

Let's start from the top:

1) Devaki-Kamsa-Suicide

Uhh what? How did she escape from the prison to begin with? Maybe Kamsa should have put some reinforced chains to make sure she doesn't escape again. Maybe have guards stand INSIDE the prison... knowing how badly she wants to die, maybe move her to a prison without a view or something? Also, not eating or drinking for 5 years. So ... was Vasudev eating without his wife? Did he not try to persuade her? The guy needs energy since he's working for the better part of the day, but that needs to be cleared up. 

Hate the way they show Devaki has this depressed, suicidal nutcase. 

But I guess this sets it in stone. Teen Krishna will find out about his parents, Akrur will sneak him into the prison cell first where Devaki remembers her promise and walks Krishna out to the arena, amidst cries from Vasudev saying "No Devaki, no!" But Devaki's silence will shut him up. And then teen Krishna kicks some ass in the arena before killing Kamsa. 

2) 5 Years Later

I guess this makes sense since Putana isn't breastfeeding babies, she's just shooting laser beams to kill them so no need to show Putana breastfeeding baby Krishna. Though, a part of me is hoping for Putana to want to breastfeed child Krishna. It would be hilariously stupid that CVs cared enough to try to parallel what the texts say, but not care enough to show it how the texts described it. 

But seriously ... BadRash got killed in a few weeks. Putana is wandering around killing babies for 5 years and Kamsa is completely cool with this... I'm going to play the sexist card, though I'm a bit happy BadRash died. He's laughs were like needles straight through the heart. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

3) Poisoning waters?
This is basically like a Putana-Kaliya combination then. Alright, here's to hoping Child Krishna liberates Putana by dancing on her head. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Oh boy, that does sound weird. 
MagadhSundari thumbnail
^^ I'm also at work and bothered to watch it on my phone, waiting patiently for the half hour episode to buffer for over an hour... worst decision ever. 
I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish other than angst. At first I was just mildly annoyed that they took the peacock feather motif that they set up so dramatically and gave it such an underwhelming delivery - but underwhelming seems to be the name of the game!

I also wondered how the f Kans gave Putna 5 years to hunt around - and also how hard was it to look?!! The tiny villages that make up Vraj bhoomi can be covered on foot in a day or two a piece probably, and this woman can fly and whatnot so what even took her so long?! Did she find a boyfriend in one of the villages? Suffer short-term memory loss? Develop an addiction of some sort? If the show's gonna be this stupid, they might as well spend a week on one of these scenarios to explain her delay.

The kid playing Krishna acted well, but I got zero Krishna vibe off of him, and it didn't help that the introduction was so - you guessed it - underwhelming. By skipping all the wondrous things he did as an infant and then only introducing him as a "natkhat" and not a "manmohan" charming everyone around him, he comes off as so ordinary. How can you have 5 days of airtime a week and still not manage to give your presentation any magic/depth?

Speaking of Krishna coming off as ordinary - having Bhagwan Vishnu only intervene in the absolutely infuriating "suicide" scene on Mata Lakshmi's request made him look heartless, and the dialogues for the commentary were also far from godlike. It was an irritating, out-of-place lecture about a theme irrelevant to the story in response to a fictional event that was disgustingly out-of-character. I've already said what I have to about what all they've missed out on by misrepresenting Mata Devaki's character, but this was unacceptable even within the context of the show rather than the real epic. If it was that easy to run from the prison, they probably would've done it a long time ago. If things had gotten that bad, Vasu certainly would have told her the truth. All that's left is for things to play out as awfully as Shyam predicted above, and this will officially be worse than JSK and DBSK in my book. 

I don't know how they will actually clean up the pile of bullshit they've stepped into with this poor excuse of a plotline, but I don't think I have the patience to keep watching and find out.
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

😆😆

I'm at work so can't watch the episode live, but you made me read the WU. 

Let's start from the top:

1) Devaki-Kamsa-Suicide

Uhh what? How did she escape from the prison to begin with? Maybe Kamsa should have put some reinforced chains to make sure she doesn't escape again. 
Because this prison has a worse security system than the "country club" versions for white collar criminals. Also she didn't have a foot shackle on when she ran to Kans's court, only when she jumps. They keep alternating what kinds of chains they use, even within the same scene in some of the previous episode, clearly to no avail.

Maybe have guards stand INSIDE the prison... knowing how badly she wants to die, maybe move her to a prison without a view or something?
Kans is too nice, loves for them to have rock-climbing visitors.

Also, not eating or drinking for 5 years. So ... was Vasudev eating without his wife? Did he not try to persuade her? The guy needs energy since he's working for the better part of the day, but that needs to be cleared up. 
I think it's pretty clear that &Devaki cared about him more than the kids, and he's the other way around, hence not telling her about Krishna even when her depression gets that bad.

But I guess this sets it in stone. Teen Krishna will find out about his parents, Akrur will sneak him into the prison cell first where Devaki remembers her promise and walks Krishna out to the arena, amidst cries from Vasudev saying "No Devaki, no!" But Devaki's silence will shut him up. And then teen Krishna kicks some ass in the arena before killing Kamsa. 
OH GOD please no... could it be any worse? Maybe only if Devaki's holding onto the dead person maala and throws it around Kans's neck like Rakhi did to Amrish Puri in Karan Arjun. Just when I thought I couldn't be more pissed about the episode, your prediction has me fuming even more 😡😆 

2) 5 Years Later

I guess this makes sense since Putana isn't breastfeeding babies, she's just shooting laser beams to kill them so no need to show Putana breastfeeding baby Krishna. Though, a part of me is hoping for Putana to want to breastfeed child Krishna. It would be hilariously stupid that CVs cared enough to try to parallel what the texts say, but not care enough to show it how the texts described it. 
Not only that, he's going to eat dirt as a 5 year old child too?

But seriously ... BadRash got killed in a few weeks. Putana is wandering around killing babies for 5 years and Kamsa is completely cool with this... I'm going to play the sexist card, though I'm a bit happy BadRash died. He's laughs were like needles straight through the heart. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Also his awful UP accent and stupid catchphrase - "makhan hoyi jaayego" or whatever - &Devaki was wrong about giving &Kans the opportunity to earn his first good deed, he already did that when he did away with the The Rash!

3) Poisoning waters?
This is basically like a Putana-Kaliya combination then. Alright, here's to hoping Child Krishna liberates Putana by dancing on her head. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
If we're going to make a total mishmash bhelpuri out of it, turn it into a three-in-one and bring Radha back from Barsana so they can do the Raas on Putna's head? And maybe kill a few of the other demons at once by having him put Govardhan Parvat down on them once he's done lifting it. When he gives Akrur darshan on the chariot en route to Mathura, they can pick up Arjun somewhere along the way and have Krishna deliver the Gita. Or, in the spirit of "Mahishmati ke Maharaj" and other such hyper-accuracies, just have him deliver the Gita to Akrur, both names start with "A" anyway. Just dispense with all real events in as little time as possible so we have more time for Kans drumming on his head, Puranmaasi being creepier than the villains, and Lakshmi Maa acting like like Jessica Simpson back in Newlyweds.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
The only question I have is - why are the current new mythos so intent on showing their characters as suicidal? Whether it be Gods or the parents of Gods, in the epics these characters were known and appreciated for their sheer mental strength and resilience, but in the shows, all the directors ever care about is showcasing the so-called "physical" strength of the characters, when in actuality these characters come off as incredibly mentally weak. 
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I ageee Janaki in our sctiptures people are mostly dipicted as calm controled and even a bit detacged towards sorrow as they have attained some type of enlightenment 
But hear Devki's behaviour is so out of charecter wirh how a woman who has received God in her womb should behave. She has to be enlightened strong in first place to be eligible to be Mother of God

Look how Mother Merry is depicted.  She is so controled . Cant these people learn anything from there ?