Originally posted by: ria2794

Dear Sara, 

Its amazing i am always in :)

Thank you so much for reading Ria:)
fangirl-swasan thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Sara,

Chapter 1, was get set go - straight into the story with no waste of time. Sanskaar Maheshwari, retired from army and unwilling to go back to guns and war, Swara fresh from IIM wanting to settle as a PA, definitely a lot of undercurrents. 

Ragini and Laksh, already in the scene. My head is buzzing with possibilities as to what must have transpired to lead to the prologue - married, separated only to meet each other as rival spies.

Best
Nyna

Dear Nyna
As Swara said she is sure she would have a good time at Karma😉 hope you have a great time reading this. Plus I didn't want to waste too much time in character descriptions this story would be fast paced:) Thank you for reading
Love
Sara
phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this is really interesting dear.
kojagorimalik thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello di...
Loved ur story read both parts in 1 go and this is really interesting...loved it loadzzz...
Post soon...
krishuuuuuuuuuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sara dear...
Wow amazing start...Chapter 1 was amazing...sanky refused an intelligence job...hmmm..im sure he got that x-factor that why his friend was keen to get him on-board..but he refused due to personal commitments. .he do manage and run a company successfully and hired swara as P.A. as she caught his attention ..though her being overqualified..made me think she is a con or will be from a rival team...but let see how things move further in this tale...excited

Talia
fangirl-swasan thumbnail
Chapter 2  Calm before the Storm

"Yeah, Jimmy I got the job. You were right being an IIM graduate was the perfect cover in addition to the unconventional attire and interview. I could tell that he was smitten" Swara told him over the phone

"Good job, Sparkle "Jimmy told her

"How long do I have to keep this up. A week a month or an year? "She asked

"You have got to tread carefully here Sparkle our Sunny boy here is very reputed Army solider. The intelligence unit has been after him for quite some time. He is an expert in martial arts and a very skilled marksman his aptitude tests are off the charts. The Army had a special name for him Athenaeum'."

"Huh, Athenaeum is that a chemical element or something?" She asked

"No it's used in the names of libraries or institutions for literary or scientific study but the Army used it as an offshoot word for Athena' the Greek goddess of wisdom she did not have a male counter part. The point is our boy here is really smart it wouldn't be easy to con him but there is a way. Every person has a weakness now Athena as you know was a virgin Goddess who was wise enough not to get involved with stupid males. However, Sunny boy here is a man and you know that all men have a weakness" Jimmy told her

"No you are joking. This is too low I am not going to make that man fall in love with me that's wrong on so many levels" She protested

"Just one meeting and you have already started caring for him" He said

"This is unethical even for our standards Jimmy. I did not sign up for this"

"Well it's part of the job Sparkle we get a task we have to finish it without asking any questions. This mission is very important for our agency and you know why. Now I think you should prepare for your first day at the office tomorrow. Good Bye" Jimmy said and disconnected the call

Swara sighed and looked at Sanskar's profile. Pictures of him in his Army uniform and with his family were sprawled in front of her. Her eyes fell on his picture with his sister. He was looking at her with pure adoration and for the first time ever Swara regretted taking up this job.

"Come on Swara get a grip on yourself you have worked on some really dangerous missions this would be really easy for you"She mentally chided her self.  She had an ingenious brain which had help her infiltrate organisations and expose covert operations but this mission was different. Here she didn't have to break through a main frame computer here she had to break a man. " A very handsome man"Her heart said. "Oh shut up I will do this job to the best of my ability"She tried to silence her doubts. Swara felt she had spent enough time agonising about the situation it was time for action she needed to get ready for tomorrow.

At the same time in his room Sansakr couldn't stop thinking about her she looked so innocent and ethereal in that dress. However, he had no doubts that she was a smart lady she had proven that when she has started talking. He still couldn't fathom why he had hired her. "It's because she is beautiful sort of elfin looking don't you think" His heart said. He was surprised at the direction his own thoughts had taken in his time in the Army various women had thrown themselves at him. He wasn't a fool he knew that most women were attracted to him but he hadn't been attracted to any of them. Even in his business career various women had shown interest in him and his mother was adamant to get him married soon. No women had caught his eye but some how she had. He was deep in thought when Uttara entered.

"Bhai" She called but apparently Sansakr was too engrossed in his thoughts to pay attention.

Frustrated Uttara literally shouted,"BHAI! " 

"What's wrong Uttara why are you shouting and when did you get here?" He asked

"5 minutes ago but you were thinking about something or may I say someone maybe a girl" She winked at him

"Very funny now tell me what you need help with" He asked her

"My computing and poetry project"

"Well computing I can help you with but poetry I don't have a clue but don't worry I will ask Laksh and Ragini they have a knack for these kind of things" He said

"Oh, don't worry you will know soon enough. As I wait for my lover's embrace "Uttara teased him by putting special emphasis on lover.

"Oh no you didn't Uttara ki bachi now no one can save you' He got up to grab her

"No bhai no tickling" She said and she ran out of the room as fast as she could.

"You just wait I will catch you Uttu" He ran after her.

Sujata Mahesawari couldn't help but smile. Both her children were chasing after each other like kids. Only with Uttara she would see the carefree youthful version of Sanskar. Circumstances had forced him to grow up too quickly. She still the nightmarish state he had been in after he retired from the army. Initially he never slept soundly every little noise irked him and memories of his time in the Army frequently assaulted him. The very first day he had gotten back Sujata realized that she had lost her son to the Army. He was just a mere shell of a person he used to be. Thankfully though over the years he had gotten better. Uttara and his friends Ragini and Laksh had helped him greatly to get back to normal. Now she hoped he could get a decent girl in his life which would completely bring back her the old version of her son.

Uttara crashed into her mother like a whirlwind almost knocking her out of breath.

"Uttara walk slowly you almost made me fall' She admonished her

"Sorry, Maa but Bhai threatened to tickle me" She explained

"What did you do this time?" She asked

"Maa woh oh ho bhai is here" Uttara quickly hid behind her mother

"Uttu stop hiding behind Maa I can see you ",Sanskar said

"Sanskar come on leave her let it go ",Sujata said

"Maa you always take her side. Step aside Maa I will teach her a lesson"

"Oh ho Sanskar you're older if Uttara is acting like a kid why are you being so immature?" She said

"Nahi Maa ajj toh Uttara ki khair nahi "He said

"Catch me if you can bhai Uttara said and ran away at full speed"

Sanskar ran after her. Such scenes were always rare in the Maheswari household she didn't have the heart to stop them.

"Hmm so my wife looks really happy" Ram commented. He had himself wheeled his wheel chair to the living room.

"Oh you should have called me I could have helped you" Sujata said. Due to his disease, her husband had lost the ability to walk. The cancer had unfortunately originated in his legs and the doctors had to amputate them to save his life and thus Sanskar had to leave the Army. 5 years ago the family had faced a very tough time however, they had all managed to scrape through mainly due to Sanskar. Her son deserved to be happy. He had given all his youth first to the Army and then to his family.

"Now what are you stressing about love you look better when you smile" Ram told her

"Kuch nahi bas Sanskar kay baray main soch rahi he is 27 now we should get him married"

"I know but he rejects every girl that we have shown to him. Don't pressurise him Sujju. Let him find the girl on his own"

"Well I hope he finds the right girl"

On the other side of town Swara Bose was all set for her first day at her new workplace.

Edited by fangirl-swasan - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear Sara,

You truly do not waste any time, no hiding the fact that Swara is not as she seems and much against their will and intentions, both are smitten with each other. 

Swara will be pricked by her conscience and Sanskaar would lose his heart (though Swara would too, I guess she will be forced to put on a disappearing act - the prologue hinted that Sanskaar was made to believe his wife - Swara - was dead, but he did not act very surprised, it was more sarcastic - and given his army background and his nickname, he did not stay fooled for long too, I guess) 

Very very exciting to read - a game of hearts and heads - right and wrong though these terms are quite relative.

Best,
Nyna
krishuuuuuuuuuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sara dear...

chapter 2 was great...
So I guessed right. .swara is a con...what exactly they want from sanky...by breaking his heart, what will they get????any secret info???but he is not in army anymore...curious
I just adored sanky and uttara bond...he had tough life..it is going to get interesting soon with swara in picture...I'm excited for this ride...

Talia
kojagorimalik thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome loved it loadzzz sanskar is a perfect son...
fangirl-swasan thumbnail
Chapter 3 Nostalgia

"Hold on Raj, I have got you the base is just a few minutes away" He told his injured friend

"You won't let anything happen to me Sunny. You and me always and forever and I still need to find a girl who gets impressed by this line Raj naam toh suna hoga" He grinned at him. It was evident that his friend was in pain but Raj never missed an opportunity to crack a joke.

"You're impossible we need to get to the base soon you're losing a lot of blood. Save your energy okay "He told him

"Sunny I was... "He was interrupted in the middle

"Sssh I hear footsteps we are being followed. We need a place to hide."

The rain didn't make things easier it affected his visibility and they were running out of time. Raj needed a doctor. The makeshift bandage he had made was soaked due to rain water and the wound could get infected. If they went back to base they would give up their location to the enemy.

"Sunny, we both know the best course of action in this situation" Raj told him. He knew what his friend was hinting at. Protocol stated never to give up the base's location. Which meant that Raj wouldn't get the medical attention he needed but someone had to inform the commander about the intel they had gathered from the enemy camp.

"No, Raj I will find another way there is always another way" Sanskar protested

"Sunny there isn't. I can still stall this guy. Injured or not I got your back remember. You have to go" Raj told him.

"I am not leaving you here to die."

"I am asking you too. Country comes first remember tell Maa that her nakaama beta finally did something worthwhile "He told him

"Raj, I can't bloody hell I won't leave you" He said and a lone tear escaped his eyes

"Sunny I admire your sentiments brother but you have got to be Athena here and not Poseidon"

"This is not the time for humor what if I carry you on my back and we both can finish off that guy

"I will slow you down it's raining Sunny which means he can trace our footsteps to our hiding spot any moment now. You need to leave right now. Please, just go we spend six months on gathering that intel and you know how important it is" Raj reminded him. Left with no choice Sanskar knew he had to leave he embraced Raj in a hug.

"Don't crush me you moron I am already weak and don't you think this is a little gay"

"Shut up and I am sorry" Sanskar said

"Don't be its not your fault when I enlisted I knew what I was signing up for maybe I will get the bravery award or something. Promise me that you will tell Maa to not cry much I hate her tears" He instructed

"I promise"

"You must go now and Sunny please get married someday. Don't deprive the ladies okay "he said and smiled at him. Sanskar was at a loss for words. He could hear the footsteps getting closer. Raj gestured him to leave and with a heavy heart he did. A few minutes passed and he could hear a grenade being detonated mixed with the sound of rain in the distance. With a jolt Sanskar woke up.

He could hear the pitter patter of rain drops against his window. With a frustrated groan, he removed his blanket he hated rain. It brought back memories he did not want to remember ever. He still remembered the hollow look in his mother's eyes when he told her what Raj had said. Raj had managed to get the bravery award but he had lost his life in the process. He missed him. The military life had snatched so many things away from him. He would never go back to it. Sujata knew that for some reason Sansakr didn't like the rainy weather. He had expressed his discomfort for it when he came back. At first, she had been surprised the old Sansakr used to love the rain but the Army changed things.

"Breakfast is ready, Sunny you're running a bit late. You sure you want to go it's raining it wouldn't matter if you take a break for once" Sujata suggested when she noticed that unlike every other day her son was still in bed.

"No, Maa I have to go there is some important meeting today. Don't worry I will be downstairs in 5 minutes" He said and got up from the bed

Sujata sighed she could tell that her son was disturbed but she wasn't willing to probe further. Maybe getting engrossed in work would distract him from whatever it was that was bothering him.

As promised Sanskar was at the breakfast table 5 minutes later all dressed up. Uttara was also getting ready for college.

"Bhai, don't forget asking Ragini and Laksh bhai about my project "She reminded him

"I won't Uttu oh and ask Dev the driver to accompany you", He said

"But Bhai I always drive to college on my own since last year"

"Uttu, it's raining its difficult to drive in this weather",Sanskar said in a non-negotiable tone.

Sujata gave her daughter a stern look to remind her not to oppose her brother. A few minutes later Sanskar left for the office. During the car ride he again thought about Raj. Rain brought a lot of joy to some people but to him it only brought a sense of gloominess and nostalgia. He was surprised to notice that Swara was there before him.

"Mr. Maheswari I have organised the memo for today's meeting and I have emailed you your latest schedule."

"You have a 9 am conference call scheduled with some investors from Dubai I suggest you get prepared for that it's 8:30. If you need any help please let me know "She went on and on not giving him a chance to speak.

"Impressive Ms. Bose and do you always speak this much or today is some special occasion? He asked her

A smile graced her lips.

"I am so sorry I forgot to actually greet you. Good morning Mr. Maheswari and before you protest I feel using your first name would be a bit informal"She explained

"Affirmative, "Ms.Bose

"You still use military words I presume. Let's go over the notes for the call "She said. Soon after they were engrossed in the day to day work of the firm. At lunch time as usual Sanskar ,Laksh and Ragini were sitting together just then Swara entered. All eyes turned to her she was the new in thing at the office. Ragini and Laksh didn't failed to notice that Sanskar's eyes lingered for a longer moment.

"Earth to Sanskar you know instead of staring you could invite her for lunch" Ragini chuckled

"I wasn't staring just looking "Sansakr replied clearly embarrassed

"Sure, mate if you won't do the honors I will" Laksh said and called out to her

"Hey, Swara would you care to join us for lunch? Laksh asked

"Sure,just give me a minute I need to make a call" Swara said and excused herself

"How was it so far? "Jimmy asked her

"Good I think its working"

"Hmm, try to get closer to him we need the code do anything you want you have free liberty but just be careful, Sparkle "Jimmy cautioned her

After adjusting her makeup Swara made her way to the lunch room.

Edited by fangirl-swasan - 6 years ago