Swasan SS: Inganno chapter 3 on page 3

fangirl-swasan thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

She entered the bar stealthily not willing to blow her cover. The place was exactly as the profile had described dark and gloomy a perfect setting for the Italian Mafia. She only had 10 minutes her task was to gather some intel from the main server which was in the bar's kitchen. Time wasn't an issue for her she could do the job in 5 or so she thought.

"Vodka on the rocks, He gestured to the bartender. He tapped his glass twice which was meant to be a code word. The bartender allowed him to go into the kitchen. He was successful in making the first breach. It was time for action.

As fate, would have it they both reached the mainframe computer at the same time from different routes.

He looked at her and as their eyes met time ceased to exist. They held each other's gaze for eternity. 5 years he hadn't seen her for so long. She had grown to be even more beautiful than before. She didn't expect to find him here. It had been tough to avoid him for all these years. He looked leaner but more muscular and those chocolate brown eyes which now had numerous unanswered questions for her. She was jolted out of her thoughts by the beeping of her watch. Time was almost up. She had to leave. She got to work seeing her in action jolted him out of his thoughts too.

"I thought you were dead, He said

"Sorry to disappoint but I am very much alive She replied

"Why? He asked

"I told you never to trust anyone and you were a fool She replied

"Guess we are all fools in love my dear wife He said and detonated a smoke bomb.

When the mist cleared, she noticed that he had left with the data.

"Dammit, yes Jimmy I am leaving no I didn't get the data there was some altercation She informed her assistant.

She couldn't help but admire him. He outsmarted her guess there was a first time for everything.

Hey

Have been MIA for quite some time. Have a bit of free time so decided to write something. At present just an experiment. Comment and like if you want me to continue. Also Inganno is Italian for deception.

Edited by fangirl-swasan - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anahita_Leve thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi dear,
Welcome back. I was an silent member, when you left. That's why we never had interaction. Do PM me if you decide to continue. I would show my presence at least through likes, if not comment.

About story, intriguing start.

Love,
Dyuti
Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear Sara,
Welcome back. Count me in, I am the resident ghost of this forum, so I will be around to read and comment.

This is quite an intriguing start with an ingenious story line, looking forward to the journey. And yes the start does full justice to the title😊

Best,
Nyna

ETA - make your stories difficult to copy. Just type exactly as it is, with the brackets and no space, on the top of every update, this would ensure your stories cannot be quoted and reduces the chance of them being copied word to word.
Edited by Nynaeve - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

phoenix27 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dear Sara, 
Its amazing i am always in :)
krishuuuuuuuuuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey dear...
Captivating start..I'm very interested in reading this tale...nice title...too...looking forward for this swasan journey as always...
Talia
fangirl-swasan thumbnail
Chapter 1 That first meeting

5 years ago

"I have told you I am not interested Sammy. "He tried to explain to his friend

"But Sunny you were in the Army for 5 years and your performance graph is amazing. I know you were honorably discharged because of uncle's ill health but now he is fine. This could be a good opportunity for you"

"I have given up that life Sammy long ago. Guns and barrels don't interest me anymore and please this is the last time we are having this conversation" He said

"Okay fine I guess you like being a business man. Don't you think this life is less thrilling?" Sammy asked

"I have had enough thrill for a lifetime"

"I hope you don't regret this. Good luck with your firm then" Sammy said

"Thank you for the offer. I am sorry to disappoint you. Next time you're in town we should definitely meet up"

"Sure, Sunny talk to you later" He said and disconnected the call

He had expected this response from Major Sanskar Maheswari he was hoping he could convince Sunny to join but all his efforts were in vain.

Sanskar sighed as he looked at his phone. This was the fourth time that Sammy had tried to convince him to enlist for the government's intelligence unit. Every time he gave the same answer he was not interested. The Army life had its pros and cons and plus his family needed him more. His father Ram had been seriously ill at that time so he had to leave the Army. Although now he was better but Sanskar wasn't willing to abandon his family again. After his father, he was the only male in the family and naturally was responsible for his sister Uttara's well being. He glanced at the clock it was 9 am his P.A had resigned and today he was supposed to hire a new PA.

"Laksh, could you please send in the first candidate "He ordered his colleague on the phone.

2 hours later Sunny had been unsuccessful in hiring anyone. None of them had really impressed him. They all had stellar qualification but none of them had that oomph factor. Something that would force him too hire the person. He had rebranded the company after he had taken over the company and he had hand picked some of his closest employees. He always looked for something different in each of his workers. Innovation was the key to succeed in the business world he believed and for that he needed the right people.

"Sunny, Laksh told me you have rejected everyone so far. Come on they can't be all that bad" Ragini his marketing head said during lunch. He had hired both Ragini and Laksh 5 years ago and very quickly they had proven their mettle and become his closest associates.

"It's not just that Rags, none of them impressed me much"

"Oh come on Sunny you're hiring a personal assistant do you really think your P.A needs to have some sort of X factor?"She commented

"Leave it Rags, Sunny knows what he is doing"Laksh stopped her

"So, do we have more candidates?" Sanskar asked Laksh

"Yeah, 2 more actually a girl called Swara Bose and some guy called Nikhil"

"Oh, let me look over their profile"

"Sanskar, its lunch time you're supposed to relax during this time" Ragini reminded him

"Well, I am done with lunch and this would hardly take 15 mins"

Both Ragini and Laksh rolled their eyes who were they kidding Sanskar would never stop working.

He was going over the profile for both the candidates when he noticed something that caught his eye.

"IIM, this girl graduated from IIM fairly recently why does she want to work as a P.A. She could work in some other firm at a much higher position. This is interesting." He commented

"Yeah even I was intrigued she is over-qualified for the job but let's see" Laksh agreed with him.

"Send her after the guy"

"Sure, I think it's time we got back to work"Laksh said

Swara Bose the name had a musical touch to it. She was a Bengali and the only child of Shekar and Sharmista Bose she had gone to IIM on full scholarship then what was she doing here. Even before meeting her the girl had managed to intrigue him.

Nikhil's interview was short or maybe Sanskar was just eager to meet her. He asked Laksh to send her in.

She entered his office wearing a cream colored shalwar qameez. A contrast from all the other girl candidates who had preferred to wear western. Her hair was neatly tied in a pony tail but a strand had loosened and was falling over her face. She nervously tried to tuck it behind her ear. With a jolt he realized that he had been staring at her for quite some time but she is beautiful his heart said while his brain protested and nudged him to get back to work.

"Please Ms Bose take a seat"He gestured her to sit

"Thank you, Sir" she said and nervously settled in the chair

"So, Ms. Bose why do you want this job? He asked

"For experience, I guess. I have worked on numerous projects back in university so you wouldn't be disappointed with my work ethic even though it would be my first job"

"But why here Karma is a small firm yes we do have considerable market share but I am afraid you're over qualified for this particular job perhaps when another position opens up you could apply for that" He suggested.

"But, Sir I want this job. My Dida always said to start small. I like adventures and I don't want my first job to be some highly-paid desk job. Furthermore, I intend to start my own business some time in the future and your company interests me the way you completely changed your strategies 5 years ago was captivating. I am here to learn so I don't see this job to be beneath me I feel it's a wonderful opportunity." She said

Wow he thought this girl was blunt. She had straight out confessed that she would one day start her own business normally prospective employees liked to sugar coat their responses but he liked her honesty.

"Okay, Ms. Bose say I do hire you are you willing to do everything I say and perform every task?"

"Yes, except I am not willing to fetch you coffee or anything other then that I will do everything" She replied

"She really is brutally honest and dare I say she has a bit of spunk in her. It would be criminal not to hire her."He mused

"Okay, you're hired welcome to Karma" He held out his hand for a handshake

"Thank you, Sir you won't be disappointed" She said while shaking his hand. There was something different about this handshake he felt and oddly he didn't want to let go of her hand but he had too.

"Please, call me Sanskar you can start work from tomorrow. Ragini will help you get acquainted with the office you can meet every one today."

"Sure, Sansakr and don't worry I will work to the best of my ability. May I  leave now if Ragini is free?"

"Yes,she is waiting for you at the reception. I hope you have a good time at Karma."

"I am sure I will. Thank you again for the job and good bye"She said and walked out of the door.

There was something about this girl something that was signalling to him that things would change in a major way in his life.

Edited by fangirl-swasan - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

fangirl-swasan thumbnail

Originally posted by: krishuuu

Hey dear...

Captivating start..I'm very interested in reading this tale...nice title...too...looking forward for this swasan journey as always...
Talia

Hey
Thank you for the comment. I am glad you're enjoying this:)
love
Sara
fangirl-swasan thumbnail

Originally posted by: iamreader

Hi dear,
Welcome back. I was an silent member, when you left. That's why we never had interaction. Do PM me if you decide to continue. I would show my presence at least through likes, if not comment.

About story, intriguing start.

Love,
Dyuti

Thank you and yes we haven't talked before but I love all your stories. I got really busy in university life. Sure I will definitely PM you thanks for reading.
Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear Sara,

Chapter 1, was get set go - straight into the story with no waste of time. Sanskaar Maheshwari, retired from army and unwilling to go back to guns and war, Swara fresh from IIM wanting to settle as a PA, definitely a lot of undercurrents. 

Ragini and Laksh, already in the scene. My head is buzzing with possibilities as to what must have transpired to lead to the prologue - married, separated only to meet each other as rival spies.

Best
Nyna
fangirl-swasan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Post cannot be quoted.

Hey Nyna
For some reason I can't quote your post but thank you so much for all the love and that no copy tip. Hope I do justice to this story glad you're in.
Love Sara