Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
The only Black and White is her love for dad. Her want to make him happy (from her viewpoint his restaurant health) pushed her decision. 

Definitely grey area - or should we even say Trisha didnt even think thru about herself / her future after even 3-5 years.

Totally agree with you Nisha - there is no black and white only.  Infact I feel it 1% Black - 1% White and 98% grey all in the middle. Not bcos it is right or wrong but the situation people are put in drive those "grey" areas

Why did the Shanbag Jrs run away 😕
Still a big question mark ? Waiting for you to unravel the truth.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If we are bitching about the female lead here we must also be honest about Jayadev's faults
He is no angel

He loves Trisha whole heartedly but totally lacks ambition and willingness to help. Like most men are, many Indian men are, when it comes to financially assisting the wife's family.

Yes agreed he is not wealthy, but he is not losing sleep over the Shanbag financial ruin.
He is greatly attracted to Trisha and wants his daily dose of sex and wants Shanbag to "go away"

He wants things to be status quo so he can keep bedding Trisha, eating free food and Ying & Yang and put in minimal effort towards clearing his CA

He is not very aggressive or entrepreneurial lets face it.

Trisha is not either but she worries for her father a lot. Jayadev does not. He wants them to get married and wants Trisha to visit Ullal daily if she wants to and doesnt care if the restaurant shuts down eventually

Nothing wrong in thinking like that, he is not the son

The two sons have abandoned Shanbag already

I am not saying Jayadev should have robbed a bank and presented his lady love with a check but he wishes Trisha's constant worrying and pondering about the restaurant will go away for good

He is not wealthy either. So there isnt much he could do

I am 100% or even 1000% sure if HE was presented with an opportunity to marry a wealthy chick in exchange for getting his family millions in dowry he would have dumped Trisha in a heartbeat

99.99% of Indian men would do that with no shame. I know of 10s of guys (I know a few women too but way less than than men)

But the thing is if a woman does that she is labeled as someone being of loose moral character. 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Jas
Sanchet the oldest was kicked out after a giant fight 10 years ago.

Paresh the younger son is studying overseas and rarely visits home, takes financial help from the family. Is not very involved in his Dad's failing food business. He is not out of touch, just physically away.

How he finds out about Trisha's wedding will be written shortly.
jaschick thumbnail
Jayadev - has been supportive in certain ways.  Not in her "revive" the restaurant plan.  He believes that is in tall order. This puts her off a bit when he makes physical advances. I think she does think back how Jayadev gets her a saree from OT payment or how he spends time with her dad when she goes away. But is that enough to hold a relationship ?

Given her mental state, she is all set to make a difference in her dad's life (Although he might have taken a step back/ given up) at whatever cost. She feels more pressure as she believes that there is no one else in her dad's life that can make that change. 

She doesnt know business, she doesnt know finance/banking, she doesnt know restauranteering but she is very clear about her high level end goal.

She is also very clear in her "wants" from Ashvin.  She is attracted to him but doesnt expect anything from him as a "wife"

Beautifully knitted Nisha 👏
Nisha0604 thumbnail
In fact there was no guarantee Jayadev would have ultimately married her. Mr Shanbag was under the impression that everything was locked and sealed since he too is poor and struggling.
He could have very easily dumped Trisha and stuck his neck out to marry a wealthy Hubli girl or Bangalore girl the day after he cleared his CA Final

He would be more marketable then.

While I am all for fuzzy dreamy love stories, 99% of things that happen in the real world are far from it.Thats why arranged marriages are such flourishing business in India. Every parent wants their child be wealthy after marriage.

Nobody willingly arranges a marriage for their son or daughter with a homeless person's son or daughter. Nope

Not one...

I havent heard one groom or bride's parents say "I want our child to be POOR and happy".
Errantnomad thumbnail
Thanks Nisha .

Sri, I just feel that Jayadev only took advantage of Trisha as much as she did. I would just say that more than them being immature , theirs was just an immature relationship that failed because they after a point looked for something in the other person that he or she did not have.

BTW I have a doubt. Ashvin is not even thirty? I actually thought he was in his mid thirties . Then if Trisha
was eighteen 10 yrs bk then Ashvin should hv been barely nineteen, twenty.
So His grandfather is giving him this much grief for what he seemingly did at 19? ! Oh my God Nisha!! That's too long a time to be paying for his so called sins!!! Gosh!! That feels harsh!! Whatever did that boy/ man do 10 yrs bk that's got the monkey on his back since then!!Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Nisha, I agree about your "Jayadev" sentiments.  A person like him choosing to pick a weathly/better looking girl has a probablity closer to 1. 

As you said, in an arranged marriage, the parents (groom or bride side) make a pick based on religion, region, caste, color and social status.  So the boy is left with mostly to say yes or no the girl based on her external look or character. 

If you hypothetically think about Jayadev's parents, they wouldnt have accepted the proposal - citing no mother for the girl, no brothers to support, low finanical income.  They will feel that Jayadev will be burdened by this "restaurant" recovery.

So we dont even know if they would have tied knot !

Edited by jaschick - 6 years ago
jaschick thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Thanks Nisha .

Sri, I just feel that Jayadev only took advantage of Trisha as much as she did. I would just say that more than them being immature , theirs was just an immature relationship that failed because they after a point looked for something in the other person that he or she did not have.

BTW I have a doubt. Ashvin is not even thirty? I actually thought he was in his mid thirties . Then if Trisha
was eighteen 10 yrs bk then Ashvin should hv been barely nineteen, twenty.
So His grandfather is giving him this much grief for what he seemingly did at 19? ! Oh my God Nisha!! That's too long a time to be paying for his so called sins!!! Gosh!! That feels harsh!! Whatever did that boy/ man do 10 yrs bk that's got the monkey on his back since then!!

I feel so attached to Trisha character.  I am able to feel that parallel ! Why I dont know; there is absolutely nothing in common but the love for dad; may be I miss my dad and can know do crazy things if i can get him back. 

Trisha taking advantage of Jayadev - are most of the relationships symbiotic Kalpana ? How many are selfless - even a best friend or a spouse ?  Selfless is a parent-child relationship.
jaschick thumbnail
A teen mistake; a ruffian college kid caused trouble or caught in trouble ! What do we see after all these years - a 30 yo old mistake or is it ?

Waiting for Author Sihiba ...
Edited by jaschick - 6 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Jas
Yes you nailed it this time

This is exactly what Jayadev's parents would have concluded

"Why should our son take on the burden of the "girl's family"

No matter how educated and accomplished the groom's parents are, the thought of the bride's parents living with THEIR SON, the bride financially supporting her siblings' education, wedding etc is a horrifying prospect.

They want ALL of it for their dear own son only.

Even in 2017 I see marriages breakup in the IT world because the girl flew down one too many times to check on her ailing mother or paid the last semester's fee for her brother's engineering college.

The guys are educated accomplished and so called modern.

Vayala enna reel venalum vidalam when it comes to actual doing they want their DIL to cut off ties with her own family after the wedding, especially if she makes a lot of money.

Even husbands gora brown or kaala, would rather support their parents more than the wife's

Very very very rare cases I know of my female friends' parents or surviving parent living with them in the USA