|| Trailer 4 - Dussehra Analysis ||

LordLuminous thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi all, Jesal again! I have a lot of feelings on the new trailer and I know this is super late but I was busy. Let's start, shall we?

This trailer is interesting, the theme of Dussehra is quite interesting. I feel like the significance of this is deeper than we realize.

First of all, what is Dussehra? It is a festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. It is marked with Lord Ram slaying the Demon King, Ravan, after a long war. I'd like you to remember who Ram and Ravan for me. I'll bring this up later. It's important.

Ram - King of Ayodhya, the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Son of King Dasharath and Queen Kaushalya, husband of Sita, and slayer of King Ravan. A being of virtue and kindness.

Ravan - Aka Dashanan, Demon King of Lanka. Son of Vishrav and Kaikesi, and husband of Mandodari. A being of anger and pride.

I will be very outright here, Advay is Ravan, he is the demon of Chandni's life, in parallel with Ravan to Sita. Candy said this too, but I want to go deeper into it. Remember how Arnav had two aspects to him, the Rajkumar and Shaitaan, how they both played different aspects to Khushi-Sundari's life as to how they treat her? This is basically what the Ram/Ravan aspects are in Advay towards Chandni as Sita. An internal struggle between two sides to a single person that revolve around the love interest. But unlike ArShi, AdvNi might just be more toxic, bringing new shades to a love-hate story.

Quick Ramanyan knowledge for the noobs, Ravan kidnaps Sita after he is taken by her beauty. He keeps her prisoner in his kingdom, hoping she will one day accept him. However Sita basically doesn't waver. Ram eventually does rescue Sita from Ravan, and slays him. Ending his reign on Lanka and the three worlds.

I believe this trailer foreshadows that Ram!Advay will slay Ravan!Advay and take Chandni back from him, because Chandni is a prisoner to Ravan!Advay's little revenge plot to ruin her life. This also goes into that whole "My Love will change our Story" because Ram!Advay falling for Chandni is what will ultimately end Ravan!Advay, because the story was "I'm going to ruin you for revenge" to "I've fallen for you, I will save you."

It is to be noted that this is solidified by the fact that Ravan is burning and falling on top of Chandni. Advay is burning himself in his own schemes because he is burning himself in his own toxic revenge plot, and in burning himself he was going to destroy Chandni. But the Ram!Advay saves Chandni in time, carrying her like a heroic prince and saves her from his other side. Make sense?

You can also interpret this trailer in the sense that Chandni is so fixed into what Advay is doing, that she doesn't notice her surroundings, she is just listening to Advay, not realizing Ravan was about to fall on top of her. That an aspect of him was about to kill her. There is also the theme of deception again where Advay saves Chandni, and her believing that he has her best interests at heart when that is far from the truth.

Honestly, I really love this. The theme of Dussehra and burning Ravan and this tied into a theme of AdvNi - aka fire/burning. The act of burning Ravan and killing him, while they chant "Hail Ram Sita" in their victory of defeating him. In my shipper mind, Ram-Sita are Advay-Chandni so they are basically cheering for AdvNi like the rest of us. I'm not sorry

I will say that Barun/Advay's expressions are something, not because he is expressing a lot, but lack there-of. Even in the Mandir trailer, Advay didn't show much expression, he wasn't feeling remorse for her burning, but he didn't pleasure it either. Just like here, he stopped for a single moment to take it in, she's about to die, and he saved her. He was the one telling her to move back, making her move into the falling Ravan's radius. He was trying to put her endanger, and he did it so calmly as if it truly was an accidental of Advay. You can see the Ram-Ravan aspects clearly, one moment her brings pain, and in the next.. relief. That probably what makes this love so dangerous. That's why it goes into a darker shade. That's because it crosses barriers of safety and security itself. Chandni is being put in harms way by her own soulmate.

That actually makes me worry a bit because while trailers are a general overview to a story, the plot itself is something to worry about. Who knows if Advay actually is out for revenge right in the beginning or not. It will probably be a reveal. So be wary while watching the show, Gul has thrown hints in front of our faces before during the beginning of IPK1 with Shyam.

That's all for now, stay tuned everyone!

Edited by LordLuminous - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Audrey.h. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow great analysis..advay is both ravan and ram in. Chandni's life..let's see who prevails ravan over ram or ram over Ravan...
deeps_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Nice analysis Jesal! yes we need to wait and see whether it is ravan and ram who will overpower Advay... But then if you see, both ravan and ram liked Sita and even Ravan didn't hurt her or force her...only thing ravan did was abduct her which had more to do with revenge with ram and lakshman, for Hurting his sister, than Sita ...
ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
This is soo soo good Jesal. I have become fan of your analysis. 
 Ravan's initial plan was to abduct sita to avenge ram and lakshman for hurting his sister. But when he saw how beautiful sita was, things got personal. He decided to have her at any cost. True, he never hurt her physically, mentally, nor did he forced himself upon her. 

But here in the promos, IMHO Advay is portrayed to be much worse than Ravan, playing mind games with a woman. I am most positive Advay would not stoop down to an extent of physically hurting her but am afraid if his revenge planning would backfire and end up hurting chandini (physically) unintentionally. 

We have to wait and see. July 3rd come soon!
-BarunTheASR- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow what a great comparison! Awesome analysis. I do hope it happens something like you have written. Falling in love with the enemy and holding her close till death.
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Wow awesome analysis.
Loved it.
barsha_dash thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Your analysis is spot on, Jesal. I loved how you explained the inner Ram/ Raavan conflict in advay. 
LordLuminous thumbnail

Originally posted by: ToxicLove

This is soo soo good Jesal. I have become fan of your analysis.

Ravan's initial plan was to abduct sita to avenge ram and lakshman for hurting his sister. But when he saw how beautiful sita was, things got personal. He decided to have her at any cost. True, he never hurt her physically, mentally, nor did he forced himself upon her.

But here in the promos, IMHO Advay is portrayed to be much worse than Ravan, playing mind games with a woman. I am most positive Advay would not stoop down to an extent of physically hurting her but am afraid if his revenge planning would backfire and end up hurting chandini (physically) unintentionally.

We have to wait and see. July 3rd come soon!

Thank you for your kind words! Although it's scary to admit, Ravan is more humane to a woman than Advay. Of course, Ravan is not sinless so he isn't a saint, but I do think it's worth noting, that you're right, Ravan never physically harms or forces himself into Sita other than kidnapping her and he did give her a beautiful prison. However he did torture her mentally, but to certain degree. He did bring a fake head of Ram to Sita.

But I think that's going to be the case, Advay might want revenge but I don't think he'd want to physically harm her. I feel as though in a revenge plot like this, if the ML is going to be extremely horrible to the FL, the redemption better be good. Knowing Gul's track record, it won't be. So just hope Advay doesn't get too physical, like hurting her intentionally on a grievous level. Mental torture should have its limits, especially in a daily soap on Star Plus.
_Chaverah_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Wow. That's a beautiful insight, indeed. 
LordLuminous thumbnail

Originally posted by: barsha_dash

Your analysis is spot on, Jesal. I loved how you explained the inner Ram/ Raavan conflict in advay.

Thank you! Although it is worth noting that these aspects might not be named Ram and Ravan officially. The show might give them a different name like Rajkumar and Shaitaan. But we'll keep them as Ram-Ravan for now to differentiate them.