Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Esha Deol is suuuper boring onscreen. She often just blends into the scenery. Plus, her acting is nothing to talk home about either. It's just there, if not bad. On top of that, despite having two extremely good looking parents, she ended up with some very average looks. Nothing that'll make your head turn. 

Alia is similar in the looks department. But she has oodles of screen presence. When she's onscreen, you dont even look at the scenery. Plus, she has KJo backing her and she seems to be improving with every film. 

Soha was boring too. Her looks were a little odd, her screen presence was okay. But that's all. She was just there. She didn't sparkle like Alia plus I don't think she worked as hard as Alia at her acting and dancing imo. 
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Like anything to put down alia . People don't even give her credit when due cause of the blind nepotism chant .
Mukthaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
People always use the "Kjo card" to write off her achievements..
But I would consider the Kjo support also as her plus or achievements... because Alia is not the only one actor/actress debuted through KJO movie..there are many others actor/Actresses whom KJO is very fond of including the SOTY boys... although he is supporting them he is not doing it the way he does for alia according to forumwasis.Why? That might be because  he is pleased with something in her..her interaction..her personality..talent ya something else...So I would say if someone like KJO can go to any extent to make Alia no.1 then that's also her Talent/Achievement.
Edited by TriShakti - 6 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Dwipanita

no. 1 and most important point - Alia has talent.
2nd- Choice of films

Aloo is more talented, hardworking and ambitious 
But but 
Choice? 
It's all kjo. He is her personal shopper. 
If other star kids had such support,  the whole industry would have been filled with ONLY them 
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I can't like Alia, she is served everything in platter by Mom Kjo , but common she is way more talented than other two in terms of acting
shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Aloo has talent, screen presence, ambition and hard work. Plus KJO but he could give her all the chances and she would have failed without her part.

Esha is one of the worst screen presences ever and for a daughter of very good looking people, shockingly average looking IMO. 

Soha Ali Khan is pretty but again no screen presence and not ambitious or hard working enough.

Totally random - but what's the difference between pretty and having a screen presence? Like can an average looking person also have screen presence? The presence is what? Personality plus looks? Because I think Soha has a lot of personality as well. Or is screen presence just how you look on video?
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
You lost me at Esha being better than Alia.

I liked Soha though. But nope she wasn't as bright as Alia.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shalini1323

Totally random - but what's the difference between pretty and having a screen presence? Like can an average looking person also have screen presence? The presence is what? Personality plus looks? Because I think Soha has a lot of personality as well. Or is screen presence just how you look on video?

It's not only about beauty. There are a lot of beautiful actresses who are just bland on screen. I ain't so sure how to define screen presence. For me, it's got to be how someone as a whole translates on the screen. Someone who catches your eyes despite other people being on screen at the same time. Case in point, Kajol. She's not your conventional beauty but she lights up the screen. Katrina has tremendous presence despite not being a quality actress. It's built in. You can't train someone to be generate screen presence.

Originally posted by: shalini1323

Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan-average looks but supreme screen presence! 
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Madame_89

Alia has Kjo who produces commercial movies for her and co-produces or tries to critically acclaimed movies for her.

Noways they know the do's and don't to have a striving career. Likewise, they ensure that Alia has the most interesting ads deal and movies (role and mass appeal) out there.

Alia is no more talented than Esha or Soha who also delivered great performances in some of their movies. It''s just that everything is done to overpraise her and have people perceive her as a powerhouse talent.

Well put and this is exactly what I meant 👏