.EmptyEgo. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
rona toh thaa par aansoo sukh gaye
manjil bhi taa par josh mar gaye
Revelio thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I'll be posting the write up for this on 18th, as I'm a little busy with college applications and interviews. Informed Yuvika. :)
verisimilitude thumbnail

#cc6666
#99cc33

#ff9999
#fF3399
#fF0099

#CC3366
#FF6633
#FFCC00

#3300CC
#00FF66
#0066CC

#CC0033
#9966CC

Edited by verisimilitude - 6 years ago
MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: verisimilitude

#ff9999
#fF3399
#fF0099

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

#ff9999
#fF3399
#fF0099

Get-Lost thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

#CC0033
#9966CC

Revelio thumbnail
https://img4.picload.org/image/riagdiiw/2.gif

"So, it's your birthday tomorrow!" Yuvika said, plopping herself down on the sofa.

"Uh huh", said Gurleen stoically, while flipping through TV channels.

"Someone is very excited about their birthday", said Maliha.

Gurleen rolled her eyes. "By the way, how come you guys actually mentioned that it's my birthday tomorrow? I don't have a surprise?" she asked, starting to sound a little disappointed.

The girls blinked in response. Gurleen raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, about tha-", Ramya was cut off by Gurleen.

"I thought I'd get to meet Bennedict Cumberbatch!"

Haritha choked on her coffee. "Bennedict Cumberbatch?"

Gurleen squinted at her.

"Well, Bennedict Cumberbatch wasn't really within our parameters, but we have organised something", Megha declared, crossing her arms.

"You have?" asked Gurleen, her voice dripping with curiosity.

"You bet", said Debo, smugly.

"Well then, tell me!" Gurleen demanded.

"Hey Sam! Do you recall a grumpy person sitting here just five minutes ago? She showed such extraordinary interest in her birthday, don't you think?" said Sidra, teasingly.

"Oh totally!" said Sam, laughing.

"Okay, okay! Now will you guys please tell me what you've planned?" asked Gurleen, getting restive.

"Nothing much. Just a visit to the Pardes sets. Bennedict Cumberbatch wasn't quite within our reach", said Yuvika, just about holding back her smile.

Gurleen's eyes widened. "A trip to the sets?"

"Yup", said Ramya.

"As in, I actually get to meet Drashti and Arjun?"

"Correct", said Maliha.

"Oh my goodness! You girls rock! So when do I go?" asked Gurleen, excitedly.

"Eleven in the morning, tomorrow", Debo said.

https://i.imgur.com/DdLZ6qc.gif
The next day...

Gurleen paced about in her room. She stopped in front of the mirror and had a brief glance at herself. She slumped down in her bed, groaning, mildly frustrated.

"That doesn't seem like a very happy face, does it?" she heard someone jest.

She turned around and found Haritha standing at the door.

"Happy birthday, Gurleen!" said Haritha with a broad smile, as she made her way in.

"Thanks", Gurleen mumbled.

"What happened to you?" she asked, laughing.  

"I'm confused!"

"About what?"

"Everything!"

"That doesn't explain much but okay..."

Gurleen sighed. She pivoted around on her heels. "Do I look okay?" she asked, dubiously.

Haritha chuckled, "So this was your problem! You look great! Stop worrying", said Haritha, reassuringly.

"But meeting Drashti and Arjun! I'm nervous", Gurleen stated.

"Oh come on. I'm sure they're nice. Just relax."

Gurleen nodded, uncertainly.

"So, let's go meet everyone else before you go?"

"Okay."

"Happy birthday, Gurleen!" said everyone in unison.

"Thanks girls!" said Gurleen, seemingly more relaxed.

"Nervous?" asked Sam.

"A little bit!"

"It's alright! I'm sure you'll have fun", said Sidra.

"I hope so!" said Gurleen, crossing her fingers.

"Okay Gurleen, shoo. You're getting late!" said Megha, steering her outside by her shoulders.  

Gurleen laughed. "Jeez, you guys are really eager to drive me out, aren't..." Her voice faded out as something caught her eye.

"You guys hired a limo for my ride?!" asked Gurleen, in disbelief.

"We did", said Yuvika, smiling.

"You guys are the best!" declared Gurleen.

[SPLIT - POST TWO]

https://i.imgur.com/DdLZ6qc.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/DdLZ6qc.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/DdLZ6qc.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/DdLZ6qc.gif

Gurleen found herself seated on a plush sofa in the reception. She had turned up an hour earlier and she had to wait for the scene's shoot to get over before she could meet the cast. She fidgeted around, nervously.

"Did you say by 0.2? Have you any idea how a big drop that is?" she heard a posh business voice say, in the near distance. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to get a clear view of the looming silhouette.

Ekta Kapoor.

The receptionist stood up abruptly, as she noticed Ekta's presence.

"Good morning, ma'am", she hastily said.

Ekta nodded, as she shoved her phone in her handbag.

"It's been a while since I've been on the set so I thought I'll drop by. Get me an espresso, please", Ekta said to the receptionist.

Just as she was about to go inside, she noticed Gurleen sitting there. She stopped and shot her a brief look. Gurleen looked away, awkwardly. The receptionist quickly said, "That's Gurleen. She's a fan. It's her birthday, so her friends organised her a visit here."

"Is that so? Happy birthday, Gurleen", said Ekta. Gurleen quickly mumbled a thanks. "So tell me, what do you like about our show?"

"Huh?" said Gurleen, in response. She wasn't really prepared for a questionnaire.

"What do you like about our show?" Ekta repeated.

Gurleen swallowed nervously. "I love Arjun and Drashti's portrayal of Raghav and Naina. They're an adorable pair."

"Hmm. Anything else?" she asked.

Gurleen thought for a second. "Dadi is kinda nice as well."

"Okay but how do you like the screenplay? Fantastic writing, right?" said Ekta, who apparently lived in a bubble of vanity.

Gurleen raised an eyebrow, subtly. She was tempted to tell Ekta just what she thought but decided she wouldn't ruin her day. "Yeah, it's just about fine."

"Just about fine? You can't be serious. It's fantastic! I know the numbers aren't as high as my other countless blockbusters but-"

"To be honest, I think you guys should shift the focus to the leads' love story than a surrogacy track. That would probably work better", stated Gurleen, trying to be casual.

Ekta cocked her head to one side. "And where would the TRPs come from?"

"Everywhere it isn't coming from right now?" quipped Gurleen, feigning a smile.

Ekta furrowed her eyebrows, clearly displeased.

The receptionist watched anxiously, as the tension in the atmosphere began to escalate.

"I've been in this business for over two long decades. I know the game", Ekta asserted.

"And you still don't know how to make a good show", Gurleen muttered under her breath.

"Did you say something?" Ekta asked, suspiciously.

"No, nothing at all!" Gurleen said, in a saccharine sweet tone. "Your wonderful business acumen reflects so clearly in your shows!"

"There! Just admit it, our shows have fantastic screenplay."

"I can't really say that but-"

"Girl, get to the point. You think our stories aren't good?"

"Story, you mean?" asked Gurleen, unable to resist herself.

Ekta was livid. "So how about you direct a scene or two for us? Since you're apparently very good at this business."

Gurleen was taken aback. "But I can't direct!"

"Oh come on. I'm sure you can. You already have such wonderful suggestions anyway."

Gurleen tried to protest, "But-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer", said Ekta, determinedly.

Gurleen gave her a long sceptical stare. "Fine. We'll have it your way."

Ekta led Gurleen into the set. They were shooting a hospital scene. Naina's surrogacy truth was being unveiled.

Gurleen couldn't contain her excitement. Finally! I thought this day would never arrive! she thought.

"Guys, say hello to Gurleen. Your director for today!"

The set which was bustling with energy just a few seconds before, fell eerily quiet.

"Director? But I'm here", said the director, Neeraj, shooting a quick glare at Gurleen.

"Take an off. Gurleen will handle it for today", Ekta said. 

Just then, Arjun and Drashti walked in, laughing at something written on their scripts and high fiving each other.

Gurleen froze. She gave herself a little pinch to assure herself that it wasn't a dream. Oh my goodness, they're real! she thought.

"Neeraj", Arjun called out, "If Raghav still doubts Naina on her surrogacy story, he could just ask for a DNA test, you know. Solves the prob-"

"Arjun, Drashti, Gurleen here will be directing the scene", Ekta said.

Both of them watched Gurleen, quizzically.

Gurleen stared at them, transfixed. It took her a few seconds to regain her composure. "I'm...I'm a huge fan", she said, fumbling, sporting a sheepish smile.

Arjun and Drashti smiled at her. Before they could say anything, Ekta interjected, "Let's get to work now." Gurleen rolled her eyes. Arjun and Drashti looked at her, helplessly.

Neeraj led her to a cluster of screens, showing the footage of cameras at different angles. Gurleen stared at them, in bewilderment.

Neeraj noticed the look on her face. "Oh, you don't really have to do anything with these. All you really have to do is, make sure that the shot comes out well. Here's the script."

Gurleen peered at the script. Her face contorted.

"Wait. So Rehaan reveals to Raghav that Naina was the surrogate mother of his baby but Raghav thinks they've made up an elaborate lie?" asked Gurleen, hoping the script was some sort of joke.

"Yeah, that's right"said Neeraj, casually.

"And Raghav insists that he'll keep the baby though the biological father is standing right there, explaining to him that he had no knowledge of his child?"

"Dil ka rishta, you see."

"And he tells his wife that she could go back to Rehaan if she pleased, as he only cares for the baby? Considering he just declared his love for her, barely a few hours ago."

"Wafaadari is important to Raghav."

"This script is ridiculous!" Gurleen declared, utterly vexed.

"What?! It's the best plot twist ever!" Neeraj argued.

"In your dreams, perhaps."

"So what do you reckon we should do?" asked Ekta.

"Firstly, Raghav should just accept that Naina was the surrogate mother of Rehaan's child instead of being adamant on his stance, that his wife committed adultery. Secondly, though I get that he's somewhat attached to the child, he should just let Rehaan take over. And the most important part, Raghav and Naina should just sort out their misunderstandings and get on with their lives. But here they are, breeding conspiracy theories."

"Boring", said Ekta.

"Logical", Gurleen corrected.

"I agree with Gurleen!" Arjun said.

"Me too", said Drashti.

Gurleen and Ekta looked around. Most of the crew seemed to be in favour of Gurleen's proposition. Even Neeraj seemed to be wavering a little.

"You've gotta be kidding me", Ekta said, exasperated.

Two hours later...

"Cut!" said Gurleen. "Perfect shot, guys!"

The crew clapped for Arjun and Drashti. They'd delivered a great performance. Raghav and Naina had finally cleared their misconceptions about each other and things were going back to normal, for good.

Arjun and Drashti came over to her. Gurleen found herself getting nervous, all over again.

"You did a really good job!" Drashti remarked, smiling at her.

"Thanks!" Gurleen said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Let me tell you a secret", Arjun said, in a hushed tone, "I thought that script was terrible, as well!"

Gurleen, Arjun and Drashti burst out laughing.

"But thanks to you, we didn't have to act that out", said Drashti, laughing.

"I'm glad!" said Gurleen, smiling.

A spot boy came over and whispered something in Arjun's ear. Arjun mouthed an 'oh' and looked at Drashti, who was watching him, puzzled.

"Umm...Gurleen, Drashti and I will be right back. Stay put", said Arjun, navigating Drashti away.

"Okay?" said Gurleen, a little perplexed.

Some time later...

Arjun and Drashti came back shortly, rolling in a trolley. Gurleen scrunched her eyebrows, as she tried figure what was under the dome. Arjun and Drashti were grinning at her.

They gestured her to come over to the centre, where they were standing with the crew. Gurleen walked over to them, still unsure of what was happening.  

"Happy birthday, Gurleen!" the crew said in unison, as Arjun and Drashti pulled off the lid, to reveal a cake.

Gurleen eyes widened. "Thank you!" she said, still quite nonplussed.

"Cut the cake!" said Drashti, handing her the knife.

The crew sung as she cut the cake. Once she was done it, she asked Arjun and Drashti, "How did you know it was my birthday though?"

"Oh, the receptionist told a spot boy and he informed us. We thought we'll give you a little surprise. We hope you liked it!" said Arjun, smiling.

Gurleen beamed at them. "I loved it!"

https://img4.picload.org/image/riagdiii/1.gif

______

Sorry about the delay! I haven't proofread this, so I'll brush through this later today and colour code it. 

And also, I've changed the beginning to us planning a visit to the Pardes sets for Gurleen on her birthday rather than her going to the PH on her own. I thought that would fit better. Is that okay, Yuvika?

And I think this can be split into two posts. It's quite long. 
Edited by ..Ramya.. - 6 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

#FF0099
#9966FF

finalised CC
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 6 years ago
Revelio thumbnail
Finalised Colour Code

#CC0033
#FF0099
#9966CC

Graphics:
1. Main Tag: Happy Birthday Gurleen! 
2. Title Tag: Vanquishing The Balaji Stereotypes (Raghav and Naina)
3. Messages and Gifts Tag
4.Crazy Creatives Birthday Subteam Tag
5. Sig -  Happy Birthday Gurleen (Raghav & Naina, Sherlock [BBC], The Flash)
6. Divider
Edited by ..Ramya.. - 6 years ago
Edited!!😃

Originally posted by: dmegha

A very-very-thousand times very Happy Birthday Gurleen! On this special day we wish that you get all what you desire, achieve whatever you want to and lead a happy and peaceful life. May your birthday and every other day be filled with warmth and joy. Happy birthday dearest! With best wishes from us crazy creatives, for you:

(siggy)

Done Dana Done ^^