Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pamalo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I feel very bad for Ishana but i guess Om should choose Gauri bcz for him Ishana is his best friend and when he has not developed romantic feelings till the wedding, how can one expect him to start loving her like a life partner now?  
Even though Gauri has just come in his life he feels a pull towards her which with time can develop into love after all opposites attract and Om and Gauri are as different as it can be. 

Just my thoughts and waiting eagerly for the next update. 

Anya. 
Aradhika23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pamalo

I feel very bad for Ishana but i guess Om should choose Gauri bcz for him Ishana is his best friend and when he has not developed romantic feelings till the wedding, how can one expect him to start loving her like a life partner now?

Even though Gauri has just come in his life he feels a pull towards her which with time can develop into love after all opposites attract and Om and Gauri are as different as it can be.

Just my thoughts and waiting eagerly for the next update.

Anya.

Yeah that's pretty much the way the story's gonna go from now on lol. It is a rikara ss right so it is definitely gonna have some rikara in it, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts they really help me decide what to do next with the storyline.
Aradhika23 thumbnail

Chapter 4

All you could hear was the muted humming of the scooter's engine as we made our way back to the apartment. Unlike the last time we were on it, there was silence. Not a word had been spoken since leaving, yet the entire story had been conveyed. Without me even asking, Khushi had thrown the tickets into a trashcan and started the scooter. What a tamasha it must have been, if even Khushi had shushed herself due to it. We reached the apartment after what seemed like ages of just pensiveness. Its amusing to see how the whole day passed like seconds when having fun, yet a moment of pain, and an hour seems like a century.

I settled myself on the swing in the balcony, locking the door from the outside. I needed some time to think. I laughed at myself, think, isn't that what I've been doing for the past two days. Instead, I decided to focus on my phone, but of course the wallpaper was still a picture of me and Omkara. From the day of our engagement. How happy we looked, or actually, maybe it was only me who looked so complete. Maybe this relationship was only me this entire time. His eyes never reciprocated the same twinkle mine shone with, and he never felt the michmichi I did every time I saw him smile. Maybe he was never in love with me after all...

Furious, I changed the wallpaper, funnily enough to a painting of me that he had created. It was as if there was no way to erase the mark he made on me. I couldn't deal with this. And so, I texted him, his number memorized by my heart. I texted him the very same dialogue I had heard a woman speaking in a movie I had watched the other day. "Aap humse hamaari zindagi maang lete, hum aapko Khushi Khushi de dete, lekin aap ne to humse hamaara gurroor hi chheen liya..." I knew he would know. After all, we had watched it together. It was supposed to be our last single date. The last day before he left for Bareilly. The last day I'd see him before... Our wedding. Funnily enough, it still was his last date as a single man, only not mine. Why was it as if my entire world just revolved around him? Maybe that's why it felt like the whole world had ended. And maybe that's why it still does...

I was knocked out of my thoughts as loud noises started coming from the door. I got up, to see Khushi was profusely banging on it, nearly about to break it. "Ishaana, don't suicide please!!" I heard her yelling. What will I ever do with her? I unlocked the door, and within seconds, she barged in. "What were you trying to do, locking the door like that huh? We live on the 35th floor, zara sa bhi try kin na niche jump karne ki, to seedhi upar jaogi. So yeh hoshiyaari bandh karo aur andar challo." She said, all in one breath. I just stood there, thinking how she could come up with so much, from just a locked door.

"Arre, khadhi kya ho, I'll kill you before you kill yourself ok, andar challo!" She threatened. I placed both my hands on her shoulders and explained "Khushi, pehle listen. I wasn't trying to kill myself yar, main itni bhi depressed nahin hoon. Main sirf sochne ke liye aayi thi. I'm sorry ki tumhe itni chinta hogayi thi." "Oh, okay. Toh theek hain. Lekin mujhe tumse uss lambe baal vale ladke ke baare mein baat karni hai. Kya samajhta kya hai voh, huh? Aise hi chhod diya, aise hi vapas aa gaya. Man to kar raha tha ki champal se uska raita bana doon. Phir dekha ki itni intensity se tum dono baat kar rahe the, to privacy dene ke liye kulfi khaane chali gayi. Lekin yeh bata, ke agar voh tumhe lene aaya tha, toh tum kyun nahin gayi uske saath. Wouldn't it have solved all of your problems?" she answered and questioned, all at once.

"Nahi Khushi, it isn't that simple. Voh mere saath khush nahin tha, nahin toh voh aise karta hi nahin. Main janti hu Om ko. Voh jo kuch bhi karta hain, soch samajh ke karta hain. Usse gauri se sach much mein shaadi karni hogi, and that's why he did it. No majboories and all. And he probably only followed me because he was guilty. Omkara and Guilty never add up. And vaise bhi, main uski Khushi mein khush hoon, so agar usse gauri chahiye, to I'm fine with that. Pehle pehle dard hua, lekin chahun bhi, to kya kar sakti hoon.Unki shaadi ko tudwa thodi sakti hoon, voh to hogayi. Ab Om ke liye, matters ko zyaada complicate karne se achha hain, ki mainye sab accept kar loon, and uski life ko simple bana doon." I explained.

"Gauri? Uss sautan ka naam Gauri hain? I don't understand you Ishaana, kabhi modern, kabhi dadima. Tum jo chaho karo, tumhari life hain, mujhe decisions lene ka koi haq nahin hain. Lekin free advice zaroor doongi. Voh ladka tumhaare kaabil hi nahin tha. Kitne lambe baal the, baccho ko bhi gorilla bana ke rakh dehta!" She said while laughing. "But on a serious note, maanti hoon ke apne rights ke liye fight karne ko keh rahi thi pehle, lekin ab mujhe lagta hain ke its not worth it Ishaana. I saw ke tum kaise react kar rahi thi, and I don't think that he could ever go back to being the same prince charming in your eyes. And usse aisi cheez ke liye maaf karna bhi nahin chahiye. Now, he'll always be reminded of your sacrifice, and that will eat him up. That is the punishment he deserves. You going back, would just be a punishment on yourself. Instead, koi accha sa Punjabi munda doondh le, aur jaldi se uss hippie ko shaadi ka card bhijwa!" She said. I playfully hit her head at the Punjabi munda comment, but it seemed like that was the only option left.

I sat in Omkaraji's room as the clock kept ticking by. I couldn't sleep. How could I, when he was gone. He didn't even tell me where he was going, although I already knew. Ishaana. What a nice name. Probably a nice person too... I knew everyone in this house was attached to her in some way or the other. While Annika didi did accept me, I could see that she was missing her. Baat baat pe uska naam unki zubaan pe aa jata tha. And I didn't mind. I couldn't mind. She was more of the bahu of this house than me, without even actually being a bahu of the house. What mattered to me was Omkaraji. I didn't understand what was going on with him at all. Kyun kiya unhone ye sab? If I had known that unki shaadi hone wali hain, to unki madad lene ke bijay kaali ke haaton halaal hone chali jaati. He felt bad for her. I understood that. Lekin aise unse milne chale jana. Uska kya matlab hain? It's not as if just talking to her will fix her problems, right?

Maybe he loves her. Arre gauri, are you stupid? Agar shaadi ho rahi thi to of course he loves her. Iss hiliye to unhe itna farak padta hai, ki sab kaam chhod ke unke paas chale gaye. Apni biwi ko bhi chhod ke. What nonsense Gauri. Tum sach much me thoddi na unki patni ho. Vo to Ishaana ka haq hain. Aur Ishaana ka rahega.  Lekin iss sab mein main kahan se tapak padi. Its funny how I knew exactly who Ishaana was, but had lost myself... Kya hoon main? Kya lagti hoon main iss parivaar ki? Who am I to Omkaraji? It's as if my entire life had become just a big and bold question mark...

I stood there, rooted to my spot, as my eyes trailed her as she walked away from me, rapidly. I glared into her back until her figure was a mere speck in the crowd of many. Time passed, it seemed as if every moment was a day's length, but I stood there, awestruck. Shocked. Abandoned. She just left. The large crowd of tourists reduced to just the vagabonds, trying to make a bed of the wooden benches. The lights had dimmed, the noises dulled, but I could still hear the ringing of her voice, demanding "kya voh ladki tumhaari patni hai?" over and over again.

My silent musings were interrupted as the loud shrill of my phone erupted. Shivaay, it read. I was in no mood to pick it up, but the thought of the consequent scolding was enough for me to slide the accept button. A loud bark sounded the second I answered "KAHAN HAI TU? I know delhi, but main tumhaare hotel pe gaya and you weren't there. I know you're disturbed, but aise itni raat tak, what are you doing?" his interrogation was going to last a while. "Mujhe thodi der akela chhod de Shivaay. Please..." I softly said. "Om, I will track you down if you don't tell me where you are, RIGHT THIS INSTANT. So jaldi se-" I cut the call, not ready to listen to the multiple threats I knew he was about to spew. I found an unoccupied bench, and seated myself, as I scrolled through my phone. Only I couldn't, because I froze the second I even looked at it. She was my lock screen picture. I sighed, as I noticed an unread message from an unknown number:

Aap humse hamaari zindagi maang lete, hum aapko Khushi Khushi de dete, lekin aap ne to humse hamaara gurroor hi chheen liya...

Without any doubt, I knew who it was. Lekin main karoon to kya karoon, Ishaana?! She didn't even listen to me, she just assumed everything. If she wants me to not bother her, I wasn't going to follow her around, but if only once..., I could explain. Every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was her eyes, looking so betrayed, so hurt. And every time, it pained me to think that that hurt, was all because of me. I just wanted to make sure she was fine. I couldn't change what I did, nor would I want to. And it annoys me to think that I feel that way. That I feel fine after hurting the woman I was supposed to marry. That I don't regret doing what I did. There's something about Gauri. I don't know why, but it feels like without even knowing her, I know everything about her. As if she was the puzzle piece my heart was looking for. And she just clicked right into place, into the place that I tried fitting Ishaana into so many times, but to no avail.

I looked at the ring fisted in my hand. Kitni problems le ke aati hain ye chhoti si metal ki tukdi. I replayed her handing it to me in my hand. Kitna dard laati hain aise chhote se tukde. I remembered when I first gave the ring to Ishaana. We had been dating for over a year, and with constant pressure from the elders of the family, I guessed it was time to pop the question.

We were at a Mumbai beach, eating chane and panipuris. This is how we often spent our time together. Common, middleclass and unmaterialistic. Just breathing the salty air and seeing the small children having fun in the sand was enough; we didn't need any fancy wine or dinner to fill our hearts. While in one of these lovely dates, I leaded her into a secluded beachy area, on pretense of a stroll. I poured my heart out into these beautiful words even I didn't know I could say. She was on the brink of tears at this point. And when I finally bent down on one knee and pulled out the very same ring, her smile was more precious than the entire world. Only, when it was finally time to slip it onto her finger, it just wouldn't fit.

I ran my hand over the small joint still visible from where the ring was enlarged. She never even complained about how I ruined the most perfect moment of our relationship. She just laughed, and said it'll squeeze on with a bit of soap, before pulling me in for a kiss, the ring still half on. I guess the ring had been like our relationship. Something that wouldn't fit, no matter how hard she tried. Only, after a while, she had learned to compromise. Only now, she had made enough compromises. And here I was, sitting on a lonely bench in the middle of the night, with the same ring staring back at me, only with no finger to accompany it, and no Ishaana to accompany me.

It's funny how life plays games with you. Just a week had passed since I was yelling at Mr. Oberoi, about his betrayal to my mother, his selfish breaking of our family, for a woman he had hardly known. How things have changed in a mere week, Omkara. How you have changed... Who are you now? Just another shameless Mr. Oberoi...

My deep trance was interrupted by someone firmly gripping my shoulder. Who could it be, so late, in Delhi? I turned around, only to feel a sharp sting of pain as I was punched hard in the nose. My vision blurred as all the lights blending into one, and before I even knew it, everything faded into pitch black darkness. Ye ho kya raha hain?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody, sorry it has been a while since I last updated, but I have some very very important exams in a few days, so I was superrr busy. But in the meantime, I wrote a super filler chapter. Ainvayi. I hope you all like it, and for all the people waiting for Rikara. Sabar ka fal meetha hot hain. But anyways, rikara coming up next chapter, so keep reading!!!

Oh also, please like the post if you'd like pms every update, and please comment your feedback or criticism because it really helps me make the story better. Thanks y'all, and see you next update!! 

maivelli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
lovely update 👏

continue soon
but more rikara this time 😳
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome Loved it 
who punched him...
I really hope gauri that gauri doesnt decides to leave him
....Anabella... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely update.. But you love making complications.. I like the dialogue you used from bajirao mastani... Om is Om confused ... One side. One is the unamed feeling called love the other is guilt... And Gauri thinks of herself as.a.misfit somewhere she knows what Ishanna was to the family.. Somewhere she is guilty, but she is in pain also... So in short sab ko pyaar ka daard hai.. And ishanna is trying her best to avoid Om... Thanks for the pm Edited by ....Anabella... - 7 years ago
BloomingAway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Just read all the parts and I'm loving how the story is shaping up!
You're a great written! The story is really interesting and how each character is correct in their own way.
Please continue soon!
And do PM me please.
Pamalo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Glad i could help you.  Update soon yaar, eagerly waiting for rikara. 
HorcruxHunter thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow👏
Just read all the parts! Please update soon. The story is very intriguing !
lovesick23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Feel bad for both the girls. Though no Gauri in half the chapters:(
And update soon pls