Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
 Oh, the romance. I was giggling all the way through these chapters, especially the kitchen scene. Naughty Raj stealing kisses in the kitchen of all places. It would've been priceless if Mohini or Nihaal walked in and saw them! Nihaal's thoughts of them sleeping separately would've flown straight out of his mind. πŸ˜† Mohini would've had a heart attack β­οΈ
Don't worry about the tiffin BTW. I'm Bengali and have eaten from tiffins in Bangladesh and I can't even remember what was put in them!
Do continue!
Tanu221 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sry πŸ₯±πŸ˜² but no update πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
no update yet πŸ˜³...hmm ok. anyway how are you queenfaerie πŸ˜Š? 
rani7131 thumbnail
I'm rani... I know...um that you know me already ... and it's to late to introduce my self... but still.  hey I'm rani I'm from India😊
queenfaerie25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Rani, I'm good.
Also, note to my lovely readers: I never intended this to be bigger than a one shot but decided to continue because I had ideas.

I still have plenty of ideas for at least 15 more chapters but I don't have as much time to write. Daily updates are unfortunately out of the question but I definitely love to do them if I somehow had the time. So please don't get angry with me or quit reading my story if updates aren't frequent. This is my first such story but I'm pretty sure most writers don't write daily updates either. 

Until May 20th, I'll be really busy so please have some patience with me.
-Updates will come through but I don't have any guarantees for when or how frequently. 

Thanks for reading my message!

Edited by queenfaerie25 - 7 years ago
queenfaerie25 thumbnail

-----------------------------

Chapter 15

Raj arrives at the land with his jeep and a couple of his father's men. They were actually his men now, sent to protect him from any impending attacks. Putting his sunglasses on, Raj got off the jeep and walked over to a few men wearing hardhats. "Which one of you is the main contractor?", Raj asked. He really hoped that this project would work out because a shopping center would bring many tourists to the struggling pind.

All of the men shook their heads and one walked over to Raj. "Sir, our boss is scheduled to come here next week. I don't know why you're here today.", he said. The construction workers then got into their truck and left for the day. There wasn't much for them to do as their boss had yet to send them plans. Raj was confused, why had his father told him to come today then? His instincts put him on alert so he quickly ordered his men to get back to the jeep. As he jogged back to the jeep he suddenly hurt gunshots. Two of the men of either side of him were down. One was clutching his torso, the other his arm.  The men in front of Raj surrounded him, acting as body shields for the Shah of the Bajwa's. They hurried him to the jeep only to be shot down as well.

Around five goons appeared and surrounded the Raj. One grinned and tossed keys to Raj's feet. Raj grabbed them and saw they were his, they had been removed from his jeep. The single key needed for the jeep was missing. He readied himself to fight to the death.

----------------------------

Manu arrived at the site and she sighed in frustration as she saw the large expanse of land. With several trucks and machinery surrounded the location, it could take her hours to find her forgetful husband. She put the tiffin box around her neck and started towards the first building under construction. As she walked up to the steps she was shocked to see a red liquid on the ground. It almost looked like blood. Her heart started to rapidly beat as panic set in. She stepped over the red fluid and ran through the murky ground. There was a trail of red that continued onto the concrete that she followed. "Raj...", Manu said nervously as she kept looking around herself. She saw a metal rod on the ground and grabbed onto it.

"Urgh". Manu jumped as she heard someone groaning. She looked behind a pillar to see Raj bleeding on the ground. Manu dropped the metal rod. He looked up at her in shock and was speechless as she dropped down next to him and began inspecting his injuries. She was in shock as she saw that Raj was bleeding from head, arms, and torso. "How did this happen Raj!", Manu exclaimed.

Raj quickly got up on his feet with her support and said, "Preet, get out of here. They might still be around looking for me. I tried my best to get fight them off but there are way too many. I won't be able to protect you while I'm injured. Run home and get help!". Manu looked at him incredulously. "Are you crazy Raj? I'm not leaving without you. If I'm here we have a better chance of surviving. If I leave you by yourself they could kill you!", she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and started walking him out.

Before Raj could further protest a few of the goons from earlier came back. Raj became alarmed as they were eying her with devious grins on their faces. Manu let go of Raj and quickly grabbed the metal rod by their feet. "Get away! Don't you even try to come near us. I'll break all of your bones", Manu yelled as she swung the rod around. "Ah...teekhi...This is going to be so much fun for us to break her", one of the goons said. He grabbed the rod and pulled it out of Manu's hands. Manu looked in shock but didn't let fear overtake her as she stood in front of Raj who was drifting out of consciousness. If she didn't do something, they would both be in trouble. Manu grabbed the tiffin box from around her neck and threw it at the goon. In surprise, he didn't block her face and she heard a hard clunk as it made contact. She quickly grabbed Raj and started running with him out of the unfinished building.

They were able to make it out when suddenly the goons appeared in front of them. They had gone to the other side and came around to catch up with them. With Raj's injuries, the duo was easily outrun. One goon grabbed Raj and threw him to the ground. Raj hit his head and Manu panicked as she saw his eyes close. The goon took his gun out of his pocket and pointed it at Raj. The other goon grabbed Manu and held her still. Manu started to kick and scream. She even resorted to biting the goon. "Stop...", the goon said. Manu continued to fight him. "Stop Rajeev!", the goon repeated. Rajeev, who was the goon pointing the gun stopped and turned to the one who appeared to be his boss.

The goon holding Manu pushed her so hard that she fell to the ground and her bangles broke. He grinned at her and said "let's make her husband watch while we enjoy his wife". Manu tried to back up and screamed as he grabbed her saree and started to pull. "Raj!!!", she yelled. Raj heard Manu calling out to him and tried his best to get up. He opened his eyes to see a flash of yellow and heard his Preet crying out his name. He angrily got up ignoring the stinging of his injuries and grabbed the first goon he saw and pulled him back. Rajeev was surprised to feel a pull and turned to see Raj with fire burning in his eyes. Bam, Raj smacked Rajeev's head with a brick.

Raj then turned to the other goon who was standing over Manu. Raj pulled him by the collar and punched him smack in the face. The goon tried to fight back but Raj was furious and he twisted the goon's arm. Manu continued to cry which only riled Raj on further. Soon the goon was on the floor by Rajeev clutching his now broken arm. Raj took the goon's gun off the floor and staggered over to Manu. He fell to her feet and she cried with him in her arms.

"What do we have here? Rajeev and Shirish failed their jobs.", an angry looking man said. All was not safe yet, Manu thought. Within seconds the couple was surrounded once again. Manu looked to the injured Raj and realized that they could potentially die today. She tightly hugged him around the waist as the goons moved to separate them.

"Who's there!" "I heard gunshots!" "There was a girl crying Saab, I heard her" "Raj Bajwa was here too", many voices were heard suddenly. Manu opened her eyes to see that the goons now looked fearful. She looked behind them to see at least twenty villagers approaching with swords, sickles, knives, and guns in their hands. They were all extremely loyal to the Bajwa family and when their kids had seen the goons attacking Raj, they brought their parents along to save him.

The goons ran past Raj and Manu as if their lives depended on it. In this situation, their lives did actually depend on it, as it seemed that the villagers would take them apart piece by piece for attacking Raj. Manu was still hugging on tightly to Raj when the villagers prodded her asking if she was ok. Manu simply nodded and asked Raj, "Raj, are you alright?". After a few moments, Raj still hadn't responded. Manu lifted herself away from him only to feel his weight slid onto her. Raj was unconscious! She begged the villagers to help them and they helped her load him onto the car. Edited by queenfaerie25 - 7 years ago
rani7131 thumbnail
what does reserved for part 15 means
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rani7131

what does reserved for part 15 means

It means she is going to write part 15 on that same post/reply.
rani7131 thumbnail

Originally posted by: QueenKordeilia

It means she is going to write part 15 on that same post/reply.

oh ok thanks
queenfaerie25 thumbnail

--------Chapter 16------

Raj is taken home and Manu is really worried throughout the entire ride there. In his daze, Raj wakes up a few times to touch her hair and holds onto her arm very tightly. "Manu...Manu...are you here?", Raj groaned. Manu gripped his hand tightly in hers, "Yes Raj, I'm here...I'm sitting right next to you", she said. Raj opened his eyes and blinked up at her. His head was on her lap and she was using her saree to apply pressure to his head wound. "Manu...where did you learn to cook?", Raj asked. Manu laughed nervously and said, "Mummy didn't let me play with dolls or wear girly things. I needed to spend time with Sukhi since we were both boys so we decided to play a restaurant game. Sukhi would always be the customer and Chai-ji and I would be the cooks".

Raj laughed through his pain and kissed her hand. "Your hands are magical Manu. No wonder Sukhi veerji is so fit. I want you to make me another tiffin. This one got ruined", he said grimly. Finally, the car had stopped in front of the Bajwa house. Doctors were ready at the door and they took Raj off of Manu's arms. Raj's father was frantic. He grabbed Nihal and ordered him to buy the medicines the doctors were requesting. Manu was tripping over herself following the doctors up to their room. They placed Raj on the bed and had everyone leave.

After a couple of hours of sitting on the floor next to her bedroom door, Manu saw Harjeet walking towards her. She stood up and he placed a hand on her head. "I heard about what you did for my son today. Thank you, beta. Raj is everything to me, I am indebted to you. If you ever want for something, know that your papa-ji will provide.", Harjeet said. He looked so worn, and for the first time in years, Manu felt that this scary man's cold exterior had broken to reveal what he truly was. Harjeet was simply a father, a man who was lonely and lost in a battle for power.

Behind Harjeet Manu was surprised to see Amrit who hugged Manu when she tried to bend down to touch her feet. "Beta, thank you. My Raj needed someone like you to take care of him", she said as she kissed Manu on the forehead. Amrit had come rushing once she heard of Raj's condition. The doctors finally open the door and filed out of their room. "your son is a very strong man Harjeet-ji, he is perfectly fine now. We thought his arm was fractured but it's a simple sprain so he'll be at a hundred percent within a few weeks. Make sure Raj doesn't fall asleep tonight because he shows symptoms of having a concussion.", the chief doctor said.

Manu poked her head into the room to see Raj who was sitting up. He gave her a small wave and she rushed towards him. Manu stood over his right side by the bed as his parents walked in as well and began speaking to him. Harjeet surprised Raj by giving him a quick hug and kissing his forehead. Amrit was in shock and once it wore off she decided to go back home when she realized that Raj was well. She joked that he wouldn't be needing his mother with his wife around to take good care of him. The look of disappointment was clear on Harjeet's face but he wordlessly left the room.

After Amrit left, Raj needed to eat his medicine so Manu left to get some water from the kitchen. When Manu was filling the glass with water Nihal walked by with the first aid kit and medicines Harjeet ordered him to buy. When he saw Manu he couldn't contain his anger over his failed ploy. He came up behind Manu and tightly grabbed her wrist pulling her around to face him. Manu was shocked to see Nihal and tried to release her stinging wrist but couldn't. "Preet, what do you think of yourself and your stupid husband? Don't think of me as a common servant because that would be your worst mistake. I am also a Bajwa and I have worked for years to get to this status. I'll never let Raj be the Shah if its the last thing I do.", he snarled.

Manu's wrist was stinging and her eyes began to water as she tried to get away from Nihal's manhandling. She looked into Nihal's furious eyes and kicked him in the knee. He instantly released her wrist and clutched his knee. He was about to retaliate when he got up but he saw that his hands were red with ...blood. He looked at Manu's wrists and saw that there were cuts across both of them. Manu had forgotten that her bangles had left deep cuts on her wrists when the goons attacked her. Nihal had an odd look on his face as he stared at her wrists. He tossed the bag he was carrying at her and left. "Don't get in my way again Preet", he said and left.

Manu scoffed at Nihal's audacity and opened the package to find a first aid box along with other medicines listed out for Raj Bajwa. She now knew that her suspicions her correct. Nihal and Mohini were behind the attacks today. She bandaged her wrist and started up the stairs. The mother and son duo were getting way to out of hand, they would have to do something soon to stop them.

Manu entered her room to see Raj on his phone. He looked up and smiled at her. She arranged his medications and checked to make sure that Nihal hadn't tampered with them. Raj patiently waited for her and took the pills without any fuss. "Raj...thanks for saving me", she said. Raj lifted an eyebrow and said, "Preet I would die before I'd let another man touch you". Manu shivered as she remembered the horrors they had gone through today. Raj leaned back on the bed and stared at her "Before, protecting my mother and destroying Mohini was the most important thing to me. Now I feel that someone else is forcing me to shift my priorities", he said as he tried to gauge Manu's reaction. Manu averted her eyes and tried to change the topic "Raj it's time for you to sleep... and you" Raj interrupted her "you already know what I mean but aren't willing to accept it."

Manu's phone rang and she got up when she saw that Amba was calling. She walked away from Raj and took Amba's call. Raj sighed to himself and went back to his phone.Edited by queenfaerie25 - 7 years ago