sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
whenever i watch a show from the start i always like to find out the meaning of the leads names. i am surprised at the meaning of both names and i think whoever choose them did a good job.

Kanak is a unisex name, so both Boy and Girl can have this name. our Kanak is always about there being equality btw the genders so this name is sooo perfect for her.

i was a bit confused about Uma Shankar's name coz Uma is a female name and his name is always pronounced as there being a separation btw the names and even on tv when SP describes what his name is his name is separated. so i checked out what Uma meant-
In India, it is the name of the Hindu goddess, who is more commonly known as Parvati. In Sanskrit the word um can further mean "tranquillity", "splendour", "fame" and "night". [1]
In Hebrew and Aramaic its meaning is "nation".
It is also used by the Tiv people of
Cameroon and Nigeria where the meaning in the Tiv language is "life".
The name Uma is also popular in the
Otukpo subgroup of the Idoma people of Nigeria and the meaning in the
Idoma language is "to shine".
Uma in Balinese language means rice fields.

Umashankar together means lord shiva. but i think its absolutely brilliant the name coz separated its lord shiva and parvati for me they the ultimate soul mates of equals. also just like kanak which can be a unisex name umashankar if broken up will give a female and male name.

i love how shiva knows that his wife is way more powerful then him and uncontrollable Lol. uma shankar is so gona be shown his place that comment ab woman being mere entertainment makes me want to kick him.Edited by sandiab - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hmm Well Iam Loving This Show Already.
Its So Interesting.
Fr0zen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Woww..👏...U have done a good analysis of the names there...True the CVs have done a good job in even selecting the names..😃..Loving the show as of now...😊
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
  very interesting post..  you extended the play on Kanak's name.. by exploring Uma's name..
thanks for   sharing