Just my opinion but an established singer should not win Indian Idol

SIRFINA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Guys just my opinion ok.
I am upset that Revanth won because he is already and established singer and has done playback singing.  

In the beginning, Indian Idol promoted the shows by showing towns and cities where an Indian idol would come from.  They used poor people/villages etc and used that to promote Indian Idol and what do they do, an established singer wins.  I think is is total politics and not really a fair voting system since ultimately, the judges also have the final say.

When they promoted indian idol, they should have promoted that any idol can win whether it be an established singer or a poor guy of the street. Just sayin!!

I really liked the voice of Khuda Baksh who also came from poverty.

Don't get me wrong Revanth has a good voice but he is already an "established" singer whether it be here or in the south.

So my point is that Indian Idol was promoted on Fake Advertising

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Initially I was against a professional playback singer on Indian idol.
But it's unfair to say that he shouldn't have won.
Clearly you could see on social media that he has the most followers.

Khudabaksh has my sympathies for his hardships, but that's no reason to win.

He's a good singer, and he'll get work. Winning and losing is all part of the game.

Is your problem that a playback singer won or that he participated? Because if your problem was his participation, you would've raised this question earlier.
And if his participation isn't a problem, he has every chance and right to win as anybody else.
chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree, he should not have been selected in first place. But anyhow got selected on merits. Still, I don't think he deserved to be in Indian Idol if seen from that perspective that he is already a professionally established singer. 
AV25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Totally agree  with  you raina.
SIRFINA thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

He's a good singer, and he'll get work. Winning and losing is all part of the game.

Is your problem that a playback singer won or that he participated? Because if your problem was his participation, you would've raised this question earlier.
And if his participation isn't a problem, he has every chance and right to win as anybody else.

My problem in beginning was his participation and the fake advertising used to promote Indian Idol. No I don't come here everyday and post and just happened see the news so I said let me post my "opinion" thats all.

I feel he should not have been in Indian idol because he is indeed an "established singer" who has a "Fan Following Already" hence the thousands of fans  you mentioned.

In addition, When they promoted Indian Idol they did not promote it saying "including Established singers" they promoted using poverty and villages where the next idol would come for. Go back and look at the commercials when they promoted it. 

Yes he is indeed a good singer with a huge fan following but it is also due to the fact that he is established and already had a huge fan following.

He won so that good for his fans, I am not one of them since he was already an established singer doing well for himself.

Edited by SIRFINA - 7 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I'm sorry, but I don't think the promotions meant or were intended to mean that the next Indian idol would come from poverty and a village.

Infact other than Khudabaksh, all others are from cities - mohit, stuti, Mansi and Manya from Delhi, Maalavika and Shravan from Chennai, Hardeep from Ludhiana, rohit from Hyderabad, Revanth from Visakhapatnam.

Rohit has done some playback singing, as have Tajinder and Maalavika. Why outrage only against the winner.

I understand what you mean, and I still think they shouldn't have professional playback singers in the competition. But that would mean not just Revanth but Maalavika, Rohit and Tajinder as well.

But this year many professional singers auditioned - Damini Bhatla, Santosh Hariharan and the singer of kuch rang pyar ke aise bhi. Probably they already knew that professionals are allowed.

And who are we to argue, if the channel and production house decided that these guys were eligible?Edited by ~Raina~ - 7 years ago
SIRFINA thumbnail

I'm sorry, but I don't think the promotions meant or were intended to mean that the next Indian idol would come from poverty and a village.

Infact other than Khudabaksh, all others are from cities - mohit, stuti, Mansi and Manya from Delhi, Maalavika and Shravan from Chennai, Hardeep from Ludhiana, rohit from Hyderabad, Revanth from Visakhapatnam.

Rohit has done some playback singing, as have Tajinder and Maalavika. Why outrage only against the winner.

I understand what you mean, and I still think they shouldn't have professional playback singers in the competition. But that would mean not just Revanth but Maalavika, Rohit and Tajinder as well.

But this year many professional singers auditioned - Damini Bhatla, Santosh Hariharan and the singer of kuch rang pyar ke aise bhi. Probably they already knew that professionals are allowed.

And who are we to argue, if the channel and production house decided that these guys were eligible?

You are right, I did not realiz other playback singers had auditioned. 

He won and he is the winner. It all good.

Just felt that established singers should to participate in Indian Idol.

Just noticed that the only fan club in here is the Revanth fan with so many pages posted on him. He must be good. Actually my favorite was Mohit with Khubash a second favorite :)

Vinayhere thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Depends on how you define 'established singer'. One can achieve professionalism by singing at any level like temples, streets, towns and states. But none of them are comparable with national level singing. Till yesterday, Revanth's scope was limited within a state and Khuda Baksh's within a village. Revanth's fan base might be bigger than KB but way less than what is required for national level singing. Now, would you have called Khuda Baksh an 'established singer' if he sang for bhojpuri films already?

Besides, Revanth got many disadvantages. Most of the south Indians do not watch Indian Idol, he does not speak the language and he is not classically trained. Whereas KB is from Punjab, which gives him regional advantage, trained enough and got no language problem. Not letting Revanth participate in a national contest because he sang songs at state level sounds very wrong to me. How else do you think he could chase his dream of singing for country if not this way? None of the people in North, for that matter even many people in South did not know his name until he showed up on this show. I am happy that Bollywood found a playback singer, whom they had ignored until yesterday. Just my two cents! 
Edited by Vinayhere - 7 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vinayhere

Depends on how you define 'established singer'. One can achieve professionalism by singing at any level like temples, streets, towns and states. But none of them are comparable with national level singing. Till yesterday, Revanth's scope was limited within a state and Khuda Baksh's within a village. Revanth's fan base might be bigger than KB but way less than what is required for national level singing. Now, would you have called Khuda Baksh an 'established singer' if he sang for bhojpuri films already?

Besides, Revanth got many disadvantages. Most of the south Indians do not watch Indian Idol, he does not speak the language and he is not classically trained. Whereas KB is from Punjab, which gives him regional advantage, trained enough and got no language problem. Not letting Revanth participate in a national contest because he sang songs at state level sounds very wrong to me. How else do you think he could chase his dream of singing for country if not this way? None of the people in North, for that matter even many people in South did not know his name until he showed up on this show. I am happy that Bollywood found a playback singer, whom they had ignored until yesterday. Just my two cents!

Vinay, I agree with what you have said. While it's difficult for a singer to cross over from tollywood (or kollywood,etc) to Bollywood it's still not half as bad as getting a break. And in my opinion someone with playback experience does have a slight edge. Though in Revanths case he had more disadvantages - language, accent, poor viewership in the south.

But honestly I'm glad that Revanth was allowed to participate. Otherwise we may not have heard such a talent. And you already know that I am a big fan of Revanths. I'm obviously happy he participated and won
ShanuP thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vinayhere

Very well said vinay.. thats exactly my thoughts !!