Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayrin.HB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: naneta

3) They should've adapted the book directly instead of getting inspired from the Dd series. That show had already got a lot of flak for interpreting everything in the book wrong and this series is following that. Now many readers of the book who hated that show might've liked this one for the accuracy and homage paid to the book. Here, instead we get some stupid reinterpretations. Who told you to interchange viru and shivdutt's kingdoms?
Now,  I like the interpretation. But EK will also experiment heavily with the show, much more crappily of course. 
So there, this show might've got credited for being AUTHENTIC.
4) this show is competing too much with Naagin . That is a supernatural show. Instead of getting into the supernatural, magical fantasy bandwagon, this show might've advertised itself as a period drama instead.
And yes, the supernatural elements should be downplayed. As much as I know, the fantasy element is very less there in the book. So they should've stuck there.
5) The actors definitely don't fit their roles. Kritika is doing a good job as Chandrakanta, but she doesn't CONVINCE the viewers she is truly the successor of Shikha swaroop.
It's definitely easy to imagine pooja sharma or kashmira irani in this role. Same with contenders. Gaurav Khanna  is doing his best , but I do imagine some other guy in this role. Ankit delta's character is lacklustre, it's easy to think that praneet bhatt could do a better job as kroor singh.
Only sudesh berry as Marich is the most convincing. But you can't place a goddamn show on one villain's shoulder.
That's why Naagin was a hit. Each and every actor convinced the viewers that they were the best choice for that role .

PS: ekta's lead pair is also equally bad. But since I'm not familiar with their work, I wanna give them benefit of doubt.

I do not agree with the above points. People do have different tastes but this one seems like a paid comment. Sorry no offence 

Both Kritika & Gaurav are way better than the leads of DD version. I don't know which other guy you imagine. But majority of people would agree that nobody could have played Virendra better than Gaurav. Neither Shahbaz Khan did  nor will Ekta's Virendra. 
Both kritika & Gaurav playing their respective roles to T. Nobody can ever match their charm. This show works for its perfect casting.

Moreover, Naagin & CK come at different time slots so comparison can't be made. The show is based on the novel which was a fantasy drama in itself. Then I don't understand the point of misleading the audience by promoting it as a period drama which is completely untrue.

The show is not inspired from DD version. It's based on the novel and not on Dd version for sure.  
They haven't shown anything stupid as your saying swapping the kingdoms of V & S. 
They will definitely show a background story how they got swapped. It's for a reason. Because It's not the exact replica of the novel.  it's inspired from it. So the makers have the creative liberty to mould it accordingly by staying true to the crux of the novel.   

Lastly I can't even think of giving benefit of doubt to Ekta's CK leads...lol. they are horrible.  
But you are most welcome to do so.

Moreover if you see so many faults then I guess nobody is forcing you to watch it. 
[/QUOTE]
dear  naneta  you are absolutely right  
i agree with you completely

Edited by araan7260 - 7 years ago
superdil19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Our lead is best no one can take their position problem is only with channel or lack of promotion nothing else
And nagin 2 is ditto same as first same story repetition only lead male is changed but promotion or channel is playing major role in success
Life ok have chance to prove himself through this show
MahiDahiya thumbnail
In my opinion the main reason behind low trp is tkss. If we believes in news then the show (tkss) is going off air soon then the audience will shift to CK and the show  will get more viewers and good trp which the show deserves. 
naturesk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The trp is 0.4 not 0.2 it was a mistake by tht stupid person.

However, to answer Luna,

1. I am reading the novel (dont know if you have read it) but thy have to tweak it to make it a show. The novel so far is light hearted comedy, the lead Viru is a cry baby and CK seems demotivated too. DD went complete bazrek with their show, they made it krur/shiv show which is not the basis of the novel.
The novel is a love story in magical tilisam, hence life ok is doing pretty good job in keeping these 2 very important things intact

2. DD main lead CK and Viru were never shown that much. After few epis they were not evenexisting. That is why ppl hated it else it started on a very good note with huge popularity but they completely ignored the fact tht ChaVi are the core of the show. Life ok is not repeating tht mistake, plus pount for them

3. Kritika and Gaurav are fab as CK and Viren, we cannot compare them to old leads. One - because old leads never got much screen space on the original DD show (there was another attenpt of CK show where her sons story is shown but tht was failure)

4. Nikhil cannot choose star plus because they are heavily involved with ekta. If ekta was not making Ck, then yes we could ask nikhil about his choice. Other thn tht there are many factors tht he must hve to look at before signing a contract.

In the end the trps are calculated in a bizzare way so cannot say anything about it.
Ayrin.HB thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahiDahiya

In my opinion the main reason behind low trp is tkss. If we believes in news then the show (tkss) is going off air soon then the audience will shift to CK and the show  will get more viewers and good trp which the show deserves. 

i hope so but it seems all channels even lifeok support EKs CK otherwise why lifeok is doing INJUSTICE to its own tv show which is a masterpiece 

@naturesk,
Life ok and star plus are under the same boss.
So if star plus were linked with ekta kapoor so much, they could've canceled the show instead.
Previously, ashoka on Star plus and nikhil sinha's maharana pratap were canceled because other channels were making theirs.
Ekta most probably played dirty games .
So she will be rewarded with bad trps. Already I'm not CONVINCED with Ekta's choice of leads.
But I've heard they are good actors. Now, I was also disappointed with the choice of arjun and draupadi in StarBharat.
But they pleasantly surprised me and acted well.
Now, I can't imagine anybody except firoz as arjun and rupa ganguly as draupadi. But shaheer and pooja convinced that they've succeded keeping their legacy.
Now, kritika and gaurav definitely kept up the legacy.
But, I personally find shikha swaroop and shahbaz khan's performance better.
They performed even with such small scope.
And talking about other choices, aham sharma and rajat tokas are definitely my favourite. Gaurav is doing well within his capabilities and the scope that the role offers, but simply you can't beat Rajat. 
And I was talking about Naagin S1. S2 is far worse. 
Overall, this show is good. But can be better.
I think they can do with more charismatic villains.
Kroor singh and ankit arora going good job. Just their characters are baakwas.
Ps:I'm not a paid ekta or colors reviewer. It's my own opinion.
And definitely not watching colors chandrakanta
@araan, I'm not  bashing the show or the actor.
I'm reviewing the show on my own words.
 Ekta's Chandrakanta is going to be a horror. I think you should watch chandranandini to get an idea about what she does with historicals. 
But I also found the pseudo-feminism present in siya ke ram horrible.
And this chandrakanta is going the same way, given both the shows are made by nikhil sinha.
Everybody in this indiaforum site is sceptical about ekta's tryst with historicals. They are simply in awe what did she did with mahabharat and insulted great emperors  akbar and chandragupta maurya. Those  shows survived  coz  rajat tokas.
And the girl who has been selected to play chandrakanta in ekta's show looks to old for that role and she would better would've been off as a palace maid

Edited by Luna99 - 7 years ago
Ayrin.HB thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna99

@naturesk,
Life ok and star plus are under the same boss.
So if star plus were linked with ekta kapoor so much, they could've canceled the show instead.
Previously, ashoka on Star plus and nikhil sinha's maharana pratap were canceled because other channels were making theirs.
Ekta most probably played dirty games .
So she will be rewarded with bad trps. Already I'm not CONVINCED with Ekta's choice of leads.
But I've heard they are good actors. Now, I was also disappointed with the choice of arjun and draupadi in StarBharat.
But they pleasantly surprised me and acted well.
Now, I can't imagine anybody except firoz as arjun and rupa ganguly as draupadi. But shaheer and pooja convinced that they've succeded keeping their legacy.
Now, kritika and gaurav definitely kept up the legacy.
But, I personally find shikha swaroop and shahbaz khan's performance better.
They performed even with such small scope.
And talking about other choices, aham sharma and rajat tokas are definitely my favourite. Gaurav is doing well within his capabilities and the scope that the role offers, but simply you can't beat Rajat. 
And I was talking about Naagin S1. S2 is far worse. 
Overall, this show is good. But can be better.
I think they can do with more charismatic villains.
Kroor singh and ankit arora going good job. Just their characters are baakwas.
Ps:I'm not a paid ekta or colors reviewer. It's my own opinion.
And definitely not watching colors chandrakanta
@araan, I'm not  bashing the show or the actor.
I'm reviewing the show on my own words.
 Ekta's Chandrakanta is going to be a horror. I think you should watch chandranandini to get an idea about what she does with historicals. 
But I also found the pseudo-feminism present in siya ke ram horrible.
And this chandrakanta is going the same way, given both the shows are made by nikhil sinha.
Everybody in this indiaforum site is sceptical about ekta's tryst with historicals. They are simply in awe what did she did with mahabharat and insulted great emperors  akbar and chandragupta maurya. Those  shows survived  coz  rajat tokas.
And the girl who has been selected to play chandrakanta in ekta's show looks to old for that role and she would better would've been off as a palace maid

rajat tokas is your favourite so you can watch all his shows but you have to accept that no one can beat gaurav s acting skills 
if you can imagine someone else in virendra s role it is your opinion not ours 
jodha akbar and chandranandini survived because of rajat? i watched some of these shows episodes they are horrible  in my idea 
just because of EKs dirty politics her shows run for long time if you have noticed all high TRPS are for EKs shows 
not watching colors chandrakanta is your opinion what we all are saying is nobody is forcing you to watch this CHANDRAKANA
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@luna rajat did well or shd I say used to.. It was just prithviraj...
I was his die hard fan too but not anymore... Cz now he dsnt act he simply overacts n that too..too much... If comparing rajat then there's Ashish too he was brilliant in n as Chandragupta... Equally awesome as rajat's PRC..
N now abt gaurav he is doing wonders he's not overdoing anything ... He's remaining in Virendra z sphere... His character gives him d scope to play with the various shades of it n switch to different moods.he can be unexpected...DTS wt he's doing brilliantly yet subtly..
 WD d feminism part I hope they don't drag it...but the current track looks good... N kritika is doing well too...
Ekta's leads virendra would be the guy from begusarai n definitely not liking him 😆
Detox thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Lets hope the viewership rises soon
naturesk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lol luna and araan its k guys lets keep a healthy discussion. Its good to hear different view points

One thing is for sure - Ekta sucks and we all agree 😛

I like rajat too i havent seen his shows, but saw few epis of jodha akbar he is a good actor. But i dont know why he is ruining his talent by doing some stupid shows like chandranandini.

Gairav fits the khoonkhar role like none else. I dont think rajat would look good as a rogue type pince. Plus gaurav is really build up n pretty tall therefore he looks nice in this CK

i dont know about ekta's lead they look villainous to me. She is just gona make a crap of her show.