Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayrin.HB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: naturesk

Great life ok must be very happy now

i am not in india guys but i read in twitter that lifeok has cancelled the weekday evening repeats of 
chandrakanta  
lets do something to increase our favorite show s TRP
i also read in  some fc of chandrakanta that all fans are planning to start trending  "We love PYP Chandrakanta" at 8:30 am (india time) this saturday lets join them and try to make
chandrakanta the show that deserves to beπŸ‘πŸΌ
karansurbhifan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This show needs more hype πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ We can do this guys
naturesk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karansurbhifan

This show needs more hypeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘We can do this guys

You joining us in the trend??? 😊
OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: naturesk

Great life ok must be very happy now

They only promote that crappy and disturbing show Ghulaam. 
Edited by angel_juhi04 - 7 years ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

The dreaded Thursday is peeping through and I'm scared
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

TRPs are lowest ever this week 0.2 :((((
It's my opinion and please read thoroughly before taking offense.
The reasons that chandrakanta is not working:
1) this show airs at 9:00 pm on life ok weekends
Since, that time that foolish kapil show occurs and and also saregamapa lil champs.
I bet the show will get lot more trps if they broadcast on weekdays.
People like me who want to watch it on tv might catch it on so that trps increase.
2) The show occurs on life ok.
This should've been aired on Star plus. Then it might've got more appreciation as more people watch that channel.
3) They should've adapted the book directly instead of getting inspired from the Dd series. That show had already got a lot of flak for interpreting everything in the book wrong and this series is following that. Now many readers of the book who hated that show might've liked this one for the accuracy and homage paid to the book. Here, instead we get some stupid reinterpretations. Who told you to interchange viru and shivdutt's kingdoms?
Now,  I like the interpretation. But EK will also experiment heavily with the show, much more crappily of course. 
So there, this show might've got credited for being AUTHENTIC.
4) this show is competing too much with Naagin . That is a supernatural show. Instead of getting into the supernatural, magical fantasy bandwagon, this show might've advertised itself as a period drama instead.
And yes, the supernatural elements should be downplayed. As much as I know, the fantasy element is very less there in the book. So they should've stuck there.
5) The actors definitely don't fit their roles. Kritika is doing a good job as Chandrakanta, but she doesn't CONVINCE the viewers she is truly the successor of Shikha swaroop.
It's definitely easy to imagine pooja sharma or kashmira irani in this role. Same with contenders. Gaurav Khanna  is doing his best , but I do imagine some other guy in this role. Ankit delta's character is lacklustre, it's easy to think that praneet bhatt could do a better job as kroor singh.
Only sudesh berry as Marich is the most convincing. But you can't place a goddamn show on one villain's shoulder.
That's why Naagin was a hit. Each and every actor convinced the viewers that they were the best choice for that role .

PS: ekta's lead pair is also equally bad. But since I'm not familiar with their work, I wanna give them benefit of doubt.

Ayrin.HB thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna99

It's my opinion and please read thoroughly before taking offense.

The reasons that chandrakanta is not working:
1) this show airs at 9:00 pm on life ok weekends
Since, that time that foolish kapil show occurs and and also saregamapa lil champs.
I bet the show will get lot more trps if they broadcast on weekdays.
People like me who want to watch it on tv might catch it on so that trps increase.
2) The show occurs on life ok.
This should've been aired on Star plus. Then it might've got more appreciation as more people watch that channel.
3) They should've adapted the book directly instead of getting inspired from the Dd series. That show had already got a lot of flak for interpreting everything in the book wrong and this series is following that. Now many readers of the book who hated that show might've liked this one for the accuracy and homage paid to the book. Here, instead we get some stupid reinterpretations. Who told you to interchange viru and shivdutt's kingdoms?
Now,  I like the interpretation. But EK will also experiment heavily with the show, much more crappily of course. 
4) this show is competing too much with Naagin . That is a supernatural show. Instead of getting into the supernatural, magical fantasy bandwagon, this show might've advertised itself as a period drama instead.
And yes, the supernatural elements should be downplayed. As much as I know, the fantasy element is very less there in the book. So they should've stuck there.
5) The actors definitely don't fit their roles. Kritika is doing a good job as Chandrakanta, but she doesn't CONVINCE the viewers she is truly the successor of Shikha swaroop.
It's definitely easy to imagine pooja sharma or kashmira irani in this role. Same with contenders. Gaurav Khanna  is doing his best , but I do imagine some other guy in this role. Ankit delta's character is lacklustre, it's easy to think that praneet bhatt could do a better job as kroor singh.
Only sudesh berry as Marich is the most convincing. But you can't place a goddamn show on one villain's shoulder.
That's why Naagin was a hit. Each and every actor convinced the viewers that they were the best choice for that role .

PS: ekta's lead pair is also equally bad. But since I'm not familiar with their work, I wanna give them benefit of doubt.

i dont agree with you in reason no 3 and 5
reason can be THE CHANNEL  but i think the main reason is EK s dirty politics😑😑
Ek s shows are always horrible  
by the way you can watch her doubt  AND THEN SEE THE LEVEL DIFFERENCE
but you dont need to watch this CK  

Edited by araan7260 - 7 years ago
Ayrin.HB thumbnail
guys someone in twitter said that Chandrakanta real TRP is 0.4, why lifeok showing a lower number to dicourage people more? 😑😑😑
naneta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

[/QUOTE]
I do not agree with the above points. People do have different tastes but this one seems like a paid comment. Sorry no offence 

Both Kritika & Gaurav are way better than the leads of DD version. I don't know which other guy you imagine. But majority of people would agree that nobody could have played Virendra better than Gaurav. Neither Shahbaz Khan did  nor will Ekta's Virendra. 
Both kritika & Gaurav playing their respective roles to T. Nobody can ever match their charm. This show works for its perfect casting.

Moreover, Naagin & CK come at different time slots so comparison can't be made. The show is based on the novel which was a fantasy drama in itself. Then I don't understand the point of misleading the audience by promoting it as a period drama which is completely untrue.

The show is not inspired from DD version. It's based on the novel and not on Dd version for sure.  
They haven't shown anything stupid as your saying swapping the kingdoms of V & S. 
They will definitely show a background story how they got swapped. It's for a reason. Because It's not the exact replica of the novel.  it's inspired from it. So the makers have the creative liberty to mould it accordingly by staying true to the crux of the novel.   

Lastly I can't even think of giving benefit of doubt to Ekta's CK leads...lol. they are horrible.  
But you are most welcome to do so.

Moreover if you see so many faults then I guess nobody is forcing you to watch it.