seshatree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Take your time and be calm...
arshilover2015 thumbnail

Originally posted by: matosarah

A Note-

Yesterday something happened, that could only be described as writer's worst nightmare. I lost the entire work because I didn't save my work as I wrote it. Sigh! 
After spending 7 hours of writing, the part which was already giving me lot of pain on creative stand point, I was very pleased and satisfied the way the part had come along... But then in my excitement, I forgot that 3 days ago when I had reset my laptop to factory setting, I had not downloaded the microsoft word again that's why in the meanwhile, I was doing my entire work on doc format, which when I closed without saving first, I lost entire 7 hours of writing on it. 

I don't care about the time I had spent, (I have plenty of that these days) but it was the words and the thoughts and the scenarios which I had created to round everything up to make sense were gone...Now I have to build this entire chapter once again, bit by bit...😭..It is really daunting.
So after being in the depressed dump the entire morning, I am starting to write again, but it would take some time now...as before, I satisfy you as a reader, I would have to satisfy me as a writer of that part which I lost.😭..

So here I go again...If you read this message , then thanks for being a part of this rant...

Oh welcome to thread 5...😭

TC
R❤️

So sad to hear that... take your time and post it accordingly😊
Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
First of all congratulations on the new thread.  We all do such mistakes so take it easy and slow we will wait.
A... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 6
Your every update is worth waiting for... take yur time dear... god bless you
sam88 thumbnail
dont worry dear we trust you 
you will be able to create even better scenes
coderlady thumbnail
Many times word does an autosave and you may be able to recover the work. Those files generally have names starting with ~.

Feel bad for you. Once I spent hours working on my thesis file, started printing it, only to have the computer jam up and had to reboot it without having the opportunity of saving the file.

When you start writing again, you will see that you will remember a lot and it will flow out of your mind fairly quick. Hopefully that will be the case since I an dying to read the next chapter.

corie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That is very painfully. Working so hard and for so long to loose everything is very frustrating. Hope you will remember most of what you want to write and can pull it off better than the first time. All the best. will wait for you.
matosarah thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: .radhika.

Congrats for new thread and Best wishes.

PS : This is why I always use Google docs.

Thanks...after reading your message, I have started using Google docs...damn I am still so frustrated about the lost part...😭

Shamz94 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Take it easy will wait for the update