Sindhu_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Wow !! They perfectly gave the justification in the first minute itself by calling it Stockholm Syndrome !!
Wow !! On Point. 

Something I have always tried saying, to those who were unconvinced with this change in attitude of Sid to Sadiq. HE WAS VULNERABLE. And in such a state of vulnerability and weakness, he found humanity and humans who were capable of loving and being loved. Exactly what Vikram also said in his voice over. 

PERFECT !!

Loved it.

I am lost in search of words to express my emotions about this episode, this finale, this series. 

I am speechless and proud and I dont know what all. There are so many emotions running in me right now. I am having goosebumps. 

This indeed was the way this series had to end. And what an ending. PERFECT to the T. Happiness beyond boundaries. And every word Vikram has said, is really so true. 

They have done great justice to Sid's character. You know why they are showing you these flashbacks ? Because they want you to look at the scenes in a different perspective. In the perspective of the voiceovers. For all those angry heads butchering the writers and makers for these flashbacks.. If you go back and watch the last two episodes, you will understand the point they wanted to say. They wanted to show the journey of Sartaj, Imaan and Sid through another perspective, THEIR perspective, which justifies why they behaved the way they did. 

And again. This episode, is full of flashback, sparing the last five - seven minutes. But.. But.. But.. What a perfect episode. It really ends on a great note. And ITS JUST GREAT !! NO WORDS. 

Every word. Every dialogue is so perfect. The actors have emoted so well. Afreen ( Parul Gulati ) was never put in any emotional episode, but she did emote well today. I had been waiting for Afreen Harleen meeting, and oh so lovely it was. 

The show totally proved Humanity is beyond Boundaries and Borders. 

And the last one minute. MY GOD !! BEYOND PERFECT !!! TOO GOOD !! I really really really have no words to explain that last shot. 

I should best leave it for you guys to watch it yourselves !! 

Also, I am really happy I was never disappointed by the show. And it literally proved with the last three epilogues, that this indeed is a great show. And they surely know how to prove their point. 
Edited by Sindhu_18 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sindhu_18

Wow !! They perfectly gave the justification in the first minute itself by calling it Stockholm Syndrome !!

Wow !! On Point. 

Something I have always tried saying, to those who were unconvinced with this change in attitude of Sid to Sadiq. HE WAS VULNERABLE. And in such a state of vulnerability and weakness, he found humanity and humans who were capable of loving and being loved. Exactly what Vikram also said in his voice over. 

PERFECT !!

Loved it.

Will be right back. 

I haven't watched the episode yet...but was it good! Did they do justice to Sid's character ? 
They named it STOCKHOLM SYNDROME ...

f**k
Sindhu_18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

They named it STOCKHOLM SYNDROME ...

f**k

I think its a right justification. He indeed was a victim, a captured soul, who began to feel for his captivator and felt his captivator was right. 

The situation he was in, his behaviour, and the meaning of Stockholm syndrome is the same. One cant deny that you know. A captive who begins to feel for his captivator is called to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Even Alia Bhatt's character in Highway suffered from that syndrome. 

http://www.news18.com/news/india/is-imtiaz-alis-highway-indias-first-commercial-film-on-the-stockholm-syndrome-656592.html
Edited by Sindhu_18 - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Sindhu_18

I think its a right justification. He indeed was a victim, a captured soul, who began to feel for his captivator and felt his captivator was right.

The situation he was in, his behaviour, and the meaning of Stockholm syndrome is the same. One cant deny that you know. A captive who begins to feel for his captivator is called to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Even Alia Bhatt's character in Highway suffered from that syndrome.

This 2 word does justify Siddhant honestly . And they waited till a last episode to name it 😆.

But still can't deny that last week epis were patchy messy screenplay and still the open ends ,anyways to each its own .

Chalo atleast it answered the most imp question.
RuShKara_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Are you talking about that Indian Flag scene in end? I totally loved it. I loved how Afreen and Hussain were accepted by all. Just wish they had shown Naaz meeting Afreen too but anyhow the show never disappointed me. I started crying when No precap was shown. And yes they did answer few questions and Its ok if few remain unanswered. The whole show was beautiful and was an amazing journey.
.SoHu. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I guess bringing in Stockholm Syndrome was a very very clever move by the makers. As in it just went on to describe the psychological aspect of Siddhant which was vulnerable and ready to be moulded.  But I even feel had there not been the rush to finish things off they might have shown it in a different way.
Though I have my reasons of being upset with quite number of things and their way of execution but yes I must admit I absolutely loved the episode. Not merely because it belonged to a character I've loved the most in the show but because the reason of those flashbacks came out clear to me. 
But my point is, why name it epilogue then if you want us to re-analyse the same thing again? And honestly we were all aware of how turbulent and bumpy the ride was for both the POWs. Had the epilogue not been shown, I would still have regarded Sartaj Singh and Imaan Khan as heroes.

But I totally agree with you that the episode was good. And the last 7 mins. Boy oh boy! BRILLIANT. It made me choke, it legit did! And that beautiful beautiful scene between shobha, afreen n harleen. ❤️

P.s: The last shot of the three POWs standing under the flag and Vikram Singh saying that between wrong and wrong there's something called reality..naked reality won me over!

P.p.s: Ill be missing this show. So much. :(
anshvi thumbnail
See the point of frustration was not about showing the flashbacks..the point of frustration was leaving so many loose ends and rather explaining them they showed the journey through 3rd person's perspective.
I am sure we all pretty much knew and understood what Imaan and Sartaj went through...Vikram pretty much sumed up what most of us were very well aware of.

IF they had devoted 1 episode on tying those loose ends and answering some very crucial questions if not all and then after that they could have shown the 3 epilogues then it would have been amazing ! All could have enjoyed those epilogues without having to think about the loose ends. 

But nonetheless it was a great show...and the best part of this show was it's supremely talented CAST
For me it was the best ensembled ever !

I am so greatfull to d makers for casting such great actors...through P.o.w. I got to know about an actor like ANURAG

It was delight to watch them perform  (especially Anurag 😳)

Edited by anshvi - 7 years ago
anshvi thumbnail
I am yet to watch tonight's episode 

Originally posted by: .SoHu.

But I even feel had there not been the rush to finish things off they might have shown it in a different way.

Though I have my reasons of being upset with quite number of things and their way of execution but yes I must admit I absolutely loved the episode. Not merely because it belonged to a character I've loved the most in the show but because the reason of those flashbacks came out clear to me.
But my point is, why name it epilogue then if you want us to re-analyse the same thing again? And honestly we were all aware of how turbulent and bumpy the ride was for both the POWs. Had the epilogue not been shown, I would still have regarded Sartaj Singh and Imaan Khan as heroes.

[DIV][/DIV]

THIS ...thanks Sohu.

Like I said ...this is like KCK movie 😆 . But they named its SS and its Scary actually because this is deep ...VERY DEEP .