DOTS -bidding adieu!!!!!

sishtyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys !
I wish we could all see each other and talk and have fun and not chat like this ! I would have given a party to u all and we would have celebrated the fan farewell of this show !!! πŸ˜† 😳
I am feeling bad for this is show is going to end today but i want to take this oppurtunity,this moment to express my feelings for this show !!
It all started on 8th feb,this show -DECENDANTS OF THE SUN !the magic began !!! ⭐️ nd i know its sparks have enlightened our heart with love ,friendship,humanity ,motivation and care for each other ,for human lives !! Yes this is what this show taught us !! Isn't it ??
The beautiful characters of captain shijin and dr moyeon !! How strong and beautiful are these characters !! 😳
Captain Shijin, a funny ,smart guy ! He is a soldier who doesnt hesitate to give his life for the peace of his country !! To protect the lives of the people he can go to any extent to perform his duty !!
Dr moyeon ,a super cute and pretty doctor who spends sleepless nights and days in the operation theatre to save the lives of her patients !!
And how these two find each other and fall in love !! Hey ! Eternal love !!! ❀️ 😳
And other characters of this show who support them and each other !! Guys Aren't they an inspiration ??
Not once but many times while watching the show i felt it was real !! Everything !! Nd i felt world a little less bad!! I felt that humanity ,friendship ,love exists !! I dont know about others but for me whenever i see those scenes between shijin and moyeon or between their teams it always motivates me to do something good for my country ,for my people !! 😳
I want to thank the writers ,the whole cast ,the staff members of this show for making such an amazing drama !! All the efforts of them ...it was worth it !! πŸ‘ also zindagi channel for showing this serial to us !! Thank u for such a wonderful experience !! 😳
And lastly u guys ! All the forum members... ...the fans of this show!! Thanks to u all for making this place so much fun !!
Love u all !! 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Awww what a sweet thread.Truly the show is beautiful and sharing the experience with you guys.
Will miss tge show and you guys a lotπŸ€—
Nidhihuda thumbnail
Yes dots is a very beautifull show n  i m really gona miss my shijin n myeon on my tv screen...how i wish it had more episodes but koreans only have 16 or 20 episodes maximum.. And at last praying for a second season
sishtyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pemberleydreams

Awww what a sweet thread.Truly the show is beautiful and sharing the experience with you guys.

Will miss tge show and you guys a lotπŸ€—

Thank u so much pem!!
Yes! Me too!! 😳
sishtyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nidhihuda

Yes dots is a very beautifull show n i m really gona miss my shijin n myeon on my tv screen...how i wish it had more episodes but koreans only have 16 or 20 episodes maximum.. And at last praying for a second season

Hi nidhi!
Mat pucho yaar !! I too want that badly!! And hope in it there are song song couple! 😳 😊
Nidhihuda thumbnail
@sishtyfan,  i hv read on a site that there will be a season 2 with song song couple and main focus of story will be on myeon and shijin married life.. I dont know if its true or just a rumour but fingers are crossed
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I wasn't regular on the DOTS DT so many of you might not know me but I used to visit the thread regularly to read all your posts. Especially loved Sehar's reviews & Debo thanks for sharing all those videos from time to time😳

Now coming to the show, I had to make time to write this one post today as the show comes to an end. It will be a long one...😳

DOTS was the first Korean show that I have watched. I could have done it a lot earlier but I kept putting it off. But when Zindagi started airing Descendants of the Sun (DOTS) I decided to give it a try. I was always curious to know what people liked about Korean dramas because personally I find their actors look like kids & I tend to like older men. They just don't make me want to drool over them. But keeping my prejudices aside I started watching it on Zindagi. I got so hooked to this show that after the initial few episodes, 1 hour a day was not enough. I needed more of it & I needed the whole thing immediately. Hence off to kdramaz.com I went to binge watch.

What I liked:

I doubt there is anything to not like in this show. It is perfect in every way! 

Captain of the Alpha team Yoo Si-jin a.k.a. Big Boss. Si-jin breaks every stereotype of the definition of a hero. For many years now we have mainly had two types of heroes, the silent, brooding, sociopath who is rich & intelligent type OR the jovial but loser type. Si-jin picks up the best from both the types & we get our very unique yet realistic man. He is jovial but not in the gay manner portrayed in many shows. He can be tough but he can be equally gentle. This is most evident during the phase when Dr. Kang Mo-yeon broke up with him. He was the perfect gentleman. He took the rejection like a MAN. He kept his hurt to himself & never ever hurt her in return or even to prove a point. He kept his pride intact but never hurt hers. In a world full of assholes & abusive men which are so common on Indian TV or sociopaths which is all American & British TV specialize in nowadays, Si-jin is a fresh breath of air. Every man should learn how to be a man, when alone & even when with a woman, from Capt. Yoo Si-jin. Another quality of his which must be mentioned is the amount of respect he commands from his team members which is evident time & again. They dont respect him because of his designation or because they have to. They respect him because they want to, because he has earned it & not many superiors can claim that about their juniors.

Dr. Kang Mo-yeon. In a world of excessive feminism Dr. Kang is feminine, a feminist but not a feminazi. She isn't shown to be dealing death blows to terrorists in order to display woman power. But she takes a stand for herself & her ideals & even leaves the man she really loves for it. She earned my respect there even though my heart broke for Si-jin. She can be pragmatic enough to give up on her dreams of becoming a professor & turn into a doctor for the VIPs & the TV face of the hospital in order to pay the bills but the doctor in her who vowed service to humanity comes to the fore in the time of crisis.

Sergeant Seo Dae-young a.k.a. Wolf. Like Si-jin once says all the tough decisions fall to this guy. He loves Myeong-ju from the bottom of his heart but he maintains his distance out of respect for her father's love for her & his unwillingness to accept him as his son -in- law owing to his low rank in the Army. Once again the writers do not disappoint when we finally have Dae-young refusing to quit his job for Myeong-ju. I loved the part where he admits, matter -of- factly that he is a soldier & is great at what he does & he feels it would be wrong to deprive his country of his services. Such a fine way of showing that you can maintain your individuality even when you are in a relationship.

First Lieutenant Yoon Myeong-ju. This was one unique character. She is feisty but her love makes her helpless when facing Dae-young. She knows she is loved by this man & takes all her comfort from this one fact even when he is busy ignoring her. It is his love which makes her fight for him, to be with him. A less determined woman would have moved on in the face of such constant rejection a long time ago. But not her. Myeong-ju & Dae-young are the sort of couple you want to lock up in a room till they solve all their problems & resolve to never separate again.

The country or me? I think this is a question which every soldier must have faced from his better half. This is an often repeated scene in movies where the heroine asks the hero whom would he chose, her or the country. Of all the various replies I have heard, Capt Si-jin's was the best. There are some things which you cannot put a rank to. More often than not two or more things can be equally important.

Great writing: The show has a lot of firsts. The recorded confession is a hands down favourite of mine! The dialogues are all simple but very effective, be it Mo-yeon's confession, her rejections, their jealousies, Myeong-ju's letters, the will. Big Boss & Wolf share a lot of bromance & their banter is fun to watch.

The direction & screenplay. The scene where team Alpha arrives at the earthquake site, descending from the chopper, only their silhouettes visible against the chopper light with the dust flying everywhere & the soldiers assembling in a line to salute their Captain, that scenes manages to make me tear up every single time. Multiple emotions & thoughts race through me every time I see that scene. I feel pride seeing how much the soldiers respect their captain, I feel grateful that the best have come back in this time of need, I chuckle a little when I see Si-jin searching for Mo-yeon (no matter what he said about him doing his duty & that being that to her earlier !) Other than this epic scene we have a lot of small scenes which convey a wealth of meaning like the one where Mo-yeon breaks off her heels to work better  in the disaster area & is later offered shoes by a site worker, or the one where Dae-young slips & falls in a pit & Myeong-ju's hands still while she is operating on her patient. You can feel her panic & anguish but she continues working. You share her relief once you see Dae-young is safe & sound. In fact the episodes covering the earthquake, right from when it began with children playing & butterflies flying away, the episodes are a work of genius in terms of direction & screenplay & acting. The entire team deserves every award for those two episodes alone! And while we are talking about tragedy, the writer once again manages to balance it off with healthy doses of comedy. The comedy is always clean, never insensitive. The actions sequences were fantabulous! I had assumed a Korean show based on military life would have Jackie Chan/ MI type action sequences (which I am not a fan of personally!) but the fight scenes were EPIC! My personal favourite was the one in the parking lot when Si-jin & Capt Ahn were injured.

What I didn't like:

There is actually nothing to dislike about this show, except...

WHY DIDN'T THE CAPTAIN PROPOSE MO-YEON WHEN THEY RETURNED TO URUK?

I had been waiting for him to propose to her. When he kissed her I was dead sure he would do it now but instead all he did was talk some more. The dialogues like always were meaningful but some scenes demand certain things be done in a certain way πŸ˜›

Like who says things like now let us spoil your lisptick' & then goes on to actually spoil it by writing out a warning sign on a wodden board with it? *Facepalm*πŸ˜†

Other than that one disappointment, the show is perfect on every level. It is the sort of thing which will make you laugh & cry, and make you fall in love with all of them each time you watch it. I have already watched it multiple times & I am sure will continue watching it again n again. Cannot get enough of these guys😳

Edited by The.Lannister - 7 years ago
sishtyfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nidhihuda

@sishtyfan, i hv read on a site that there will be a season 2 with song song couple and main focus of story will be on myeon and shijin married life.. I dont know if its true or just a rumour but fingers are crossed

Me too !! Fingers crossed!! πŸ˜ƒ
sishtyfan thumbnail
@lannister hey u said it all that too so perfectly!! πŸ‘
U r right ! U know the heroes of indian tv serials i like some but the way shijin's character is...i mean hats off ! πŸ‘ i have never been much fond of any male actor so much but shijin aka song joong ki ! I m speechless!! πŸ˜† 😳
The leads -songsong couple!! I m totally mad for them now !nd i dont think i'll be able to like others more than them!! 😳
Hey obviously will watch it again !!no matter how many times,u r right! Cant get it enough!! ⭐️ 😳 πŸ˜ƒ
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
@Lannister what a fabulous postπŸ‘