RiKara OS-Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.*Thanks for 130 likes!!

Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

RiKara OS-Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

https://i.imgur.com/QT0fgSg.png

Banner: rai-kishori

The only change here is that Shwetlana is out of Om's life.

Gauri reached Mumbai. A new city, a new life.

She wondered what next. At her mother's insistence she had come to Mumbai. But she couldn't go to her Sasuraal..as it was never really hers nor could she disrespect her mother's promise and words.

She stood there, people passed by her. She decided to walk in a direction hoping that The Lord would surely guide her.

After walking for a good thirty minutes she stopped, tired.

She looked around for some sign. Then she saw a Gurdwaar.

She took it to be a sign.

She entered the huge gates. She walked up to the small man made pond after removing her slippers. She rested her suitcase by the side and dipped her legs into the pond.

She then walked towards the main entrance. She wore her dupatta over the head and bent down to touch the stairs.

She closed her eyes in reverence and entered. God had always been and will be her protector in any form.

It had been a month since she had come to Mumbai. She lived in the Gurdwar itself. On the first day itself she had found an elderly lady who had noticed her sit there until night. Gauri had narrated to her that she couldn't go back home for some personal reasons. The lady had just smiled and asked her to stay there until she wished to. In return Gauri had started rendering her service in whichever way possible to the Gurdwaar.

She also went out in the afternoons to a nearby supermarket where she worked until evening. She had also started learning to sing.(jaap) and also occasionally sang the Gurwaani.

Gauri had started liking this peaceful new life. Somewhere she had forgotten the pain her own village had given her, but she always knew she was married and prayed for his wellbeing where ever he was. Not once she had wished to meet him. She simply believed if he was meant for her, he would surely be back for her.

That day things were different. There was a wedding at the Gurdwaar. Something had made her heart restless, what even she dint know. Towards the evening everything was back to normal routine. She sat aside waiting to sing.

The elderly woman, who treated Gauri more like a daughter smiled as Gauri sang. She was a quick learner, Inspite of the language barrier and ascent she sang well, though she still spoke the same way.

At the entrance of the Gurdwaar:

Rudra-"Daadi aaj iss Gurdwaar mein kaise ... hum toh yahan nahi aate hain...!"

Shivaay tying the cloth to Rudra's head-"Haan daadi achanak iss Gurdwaar..."

The brothers had a traditional custom of paying visit to the Gurdwaar with Daadi once a month.

Daadi-"Pata nahi..aaj dil mujhe yahan kheech laaya...pehle jab hum Mumbai mein naye thee toh yahin aate thee...phir waqt ke saath sab badal gaya..kher ab chalo andar. Yeh Om kahan gaya...!"

Rudra-"Arey daadi wo udhar hain uss chhote bache se baat kar rahe hain.."

The three looked at him adoringly. Seeing this old Om who was smiling and talking was a rare sight.

Daadi-"Rab kare iski zindagi phir se pehli jaisi ho jaaye. "

With that the three left Om and went inside.

A few minutes later Om climbed up the stairs and walked down the carpet of the Gurdwaar, to bow down.

As he bowed down and then looked up, he was enthralled by the voice that sang. The Gurwaani sounded still sweeter in the voice. As he got up and turned to sit beside his brothers, he turned once to look towards the singer.

She sat there her eyes closed, as she sang.

He was beyond shocked. But he wasn't angered at the sight rather he was taken aback. Was he dreaming? Of course, not.

He sat beside his brothers. She continued to sing without opening her eyes. His gaze was fixed at her.

Five minutes passed. The song was over. Another singer replaced her. She got up and walked to the small stool on the side where the elderly lady sat, right next to Daadi and touched  the elderly ladies feet whispered something in her ears and was going to leave. When her dupatta got caught in daadi's bangles. She smiled at Daadi, and daadi helped her untangle it. She then touched her feet took her blessings and left. He had noticed the entire scene.

But he wasn't angry, he was confused. Maybe she is in for yet another of her plans his mind said. Or maybe you judged her wrong the heart whispered.

The next month again they visited the same Gurdwaar. This time Om was anxious, he looked around. Even he dint know why he was so restless. Then finally his eyes rested on her. As, she spoke to a cute little sardaar.

Gauri-"Aapka naam kya hai..?"

Boy-"Jaspreet " the boy said in a cute tone.

Gauri smiled.

Boy-"Aur aapka..?"

Gauri-"Hum Gauri Kumari Sarma, Bareli see.!"

The boy gave a sweet smile as Gauri gave him a chocolate and ran.

Gauri-"Arey..humari baat toh sino..arey chote chirote.!" She laughed at the little boy.

She then turned towards the stairs, and put the dupatta over her head. Om now got a better view of her. She was still wearing the sindoor on!

And she walked inside.

Om stood rooted, shocked.

Shivaay placed his hand over his shoulder."Chale Om..all okay."

He nodded absently and all walked inside.

He did not find her inside.

Half an hour passed and the Oberois rose to leave.

Om decided to stay longer and asked them to leave and that he wanted to stay longer. They obliged and left.

He stayed there till the wrap up and the last prayers for the day. All started leaving he scanned the crowd for what he wanted to see. Finally his eyes rested on her, as she came out of the small room at the corner of the hall. She had a few cloths in hand and handed it over to the sardaar who seemed to be the head there. As, she turned to leave. She saw him. She was beyond shocked at his sight.

They had an eye lock.

Na Kuch Poocha, Na Kuch Manga
Tune Dil Se Diya Jo Diya

Finally breaking the eye lock, Om spoke.

"Tum Yahan...Kya .."

She was about to answer when a small girl came and tugged her dupatta.

"Gauri didi...aapki mummy ka phone aaya hai."

Gauri who was overwhelmed, nodded-"Hum abhi aaye..!" She ran to attend her mother's call.

Om was now highly confused. She dint seem to match the image that he had created of her in his head.

That's when the elderly lady came and smiled at him.

"Bahut hi pyaari bacchi hai...Rab bhi kaise imtehaan leta hain...Lekin yeh bacchi toh ussi ke Vishwaas par hain... Aap isse jaante ho kya..!??"

Om-"Pata nahi..!" He said involuntarily.

The lady simply smiles-"Sat Sriya Akaal!" she leaves.

Om folds his hands and leaves.

She came back to the spot. He had left.

She looked up at the image of the Lord, wondering what he had in store for her.

Om started paying visit to the Gurdwaar daily but made sure she dint see him. While her heart made her search for his face in the crowd.

That one day, when Om returned home, he was tired but his inside was at war.

He sat by the pool whose waters shone in moonlight, lost in his thoughts.

For the first ever time he dint judge someone by the heart but by his head, and still his judgement went wrong.

Previously when he had known people by his heart, they had failed him and proved his judgement wrong.

Now for the very first time when he had judged someone from his head he had still failed.

He hated himself for it. She was not wrong. He was at fault for judging her by his cruel experiences. He had seen a Shwetlana in her. Damn, he was so wrong. She was an angel.

Inspite of all this she had no grudge against him.

She still wore the sindoor.

Na Kuch Bola, Na Kuch Tola
Muskura Ke Diya Jo Diya

He hid his face in his palms. The situation had got messy. He felt guilty.

But there was no point feeling guilty. He had to apologize for being at fault.

He walked up to his room. He saw his easel covered with a cloth. His paint brushes neatly arranged aside, sans the colour on them.

He quickly took a shower came back dressed in his old style. Wore his spectacles, uncovered the easel and arranged it got his brush back in hand and set himself at work.

Shivaay and Rudra walked up to his room to call him in for an Obro Moment, though they missed their old Om.

But as they stood at the entrance, the sight that greeted them, welled up their eyes with tears of happiness. THEIR OM WAS BACK.

They left without disturbing him. More than them it was Om who needed himself at the moment.

That day he painted the liveliest picture ever.

He sighed as he completed the painting. He looked at it, for the very first time adoring his own work. He smiled at it and retired to bed, waiting for the new morning to arrive.

Tu Hi Dhoop, Tu Hi Chau
Tu Hi Apna Paraya
Aur Kuch Na Janu, Bas Itna Hi Janu
Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai, Yaara Mein Kya Karun.!

The next morning, as he quickly made way to the exit, he was greeted by his smiling brothers.

Shivaay-"Aaj janab, itne ban than ke kahan chale?"

Rudra-"Hann bhaiya...kyun O kahan chale..?" He said his eyebrows dancing up and down.

Om- "A little work to do.!" He said all smiles. And left before his brothers could further question him he had already sensed their teasing tone.

Shivaay looked at Rudra with a raised eyebrow and Rudra reflected the same.

He entered the hall of the Gurdwaar, and bowed down, and when he raised his head and opened his eyes, the first face that came to his eyes was hers. She was handing over a cloth to the person who was reading the holy book (Guru Granth Sahib).

He smiled.

A while later he followed her to side of the Gurdwaar, after the afternoon prayers were done and the place was closing until evening.

She looked at him.

He took up all the courage and spoke.

"I m sorry. I know Sorry is a very little thing for what I have done. Mujhe maaf kar dena, I took you all wrong, hated you even without knowing you. I was wrong. I hate myself for it."

Gauri's eyes turned moist.-"Shhh..aisa mat kahiye...galat aap nahi thee...galat haalat thee... aap ne jo kia wo aapke past ne aapse karvaya.. Aur agar galti ko maan lete hain naa ,toh galti apne aap sudhar jaati hain."

Om-"Tum aisi kaise ho?"

Gauri frowning-"Ab him toh aise hi hain..!"

He smiled at her animated exclamation.

Then noticing the sindoor on her head. "Tum abhi iss shaadi ko maanti ho.!?"

Gauri meets his eyes and just nods in a yes.

Om-"Ab?"

Gauri shrugs her shoulder, saying she dint know.

Om-"Toh...

I mean tum...

Mera matlab wo.."

He failed miserably looking for the right words. The person who was appreciated for his spontaneous right words was now struggling to even say a simple sentence.

Gauri looked confused, waiting for him to complete.

Before he could complete they were asked to move out as the hall was being closed.

They nodded and moved out.

Om-"Hann toh main..wo...I.."

Gauri-"Kitna atkte hai aap...!"

Om-"Aisa nahi hai... bas sahi shabd nahi mil rahe hain..!"

Gauri-"Jo dil mein aae wo kahiye apne aap sahi shabd mil jaayenge.!"

Om smiled and tried what she suggested -"Tum meri patni banogi?"

Gauri-"Kya..? Hum aapki patni hai toh."

Om-"I mean ..mere saath chalogi...humesha ke liye."

Gauri-"Kahan!"

Om was frustrated but he kept his calm-"Mere garh!"

Gauri was now surprised. She dint know what to say. This was a whole new level. He was accepting her as his wife?

Gauri-"Matlab aap iss shaadi ko maante hain..?"

Om-"Ab maane lagaa hoon.!"

Gauri-"Lekin..kaise ..yun achanak.."

Om-"Mujhe bhi nahi pata.."

Gauri-"Lekin..."

Om now lost patience -"Ab kya lekin..?"

Gauri-"Hum aapke saath kais chal sakte hain...koi humaari shaadi ke baare mein nahi jaanta hai..aur aapka parivaar hummein ..

Om-"Tum iss shaadi ko maanti ho main maanta hoon ...aur kya chaiye...aur mera parivaar bhi jaan lega.. sab itna simple hain tum complicate kyun kar rahi ho.!"

Gauri-"Haan toh...Sasuraal jaana ...koi test likhne se kam hai kya..!"

Om laughed. "Trust me ...aisa kuch nahi hoga..mere parivaar mein koi Hitler nahi hai."

"Aur main tumhaare saath hoon naa."

The last sentence meant more than it was supposed to, both shared an eye lock.

Gauri"Thank You."

Om-"Kiske liye?"

Gauri-"Humare saath rehne ke liye..uss din bhi shaayad aap humaara haath nahi thaam thee toh shaayad aaj hum nahi hote.!"

Om-"Thank You."

Gauri-"Yeh kis liye?"

Om-"Shaayad tum nahi hoti toh main apne aap ko humesha ke liye kho deta."

Both smile.

Sajde Sar Jhukta Hai, Yaara Mein Kya Karun
Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai, Yaara Mein Kya Karun.!

"hum taayi jii (the elderly lady) se milke aate hain.!"

He also accompanied her.

Finally they left after taking the blessings of the Lord.

In the car

Gauri-"Humara Dil bahut teji se dhadak raha hai...itna toh salman jii ko dhekne pe bhi nahi dhadakta."

Om was amused.

Gauri-"Hey Shankar Jii Ab Aap Hi Saath Dena."

Om smiled -"Shankar jii kaa pataa nahi..lekin Omkara saath hain."

She smiled back, blushing a little.

He smiled.

Finally two hearts felt home.

It was just the beginning. A lot was in store. But they would fight all the ups and downs together. Cause their relation started with trust in each other. The strongest foundation!

Their story was a love story arranged by Destiny.

Their marriage, an arrange marriage, arranged by Lord himself.

"Aakhir, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi..!"

P.S

My first ever story on RiKara.

This is especially dedicated to Appy.

Hope you all liked it, I tried toning down the hindi, but couldn't eliminate it completely in this one.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback.

Looking forward to your response.😊

Love,
~Anni.

😳

{To Receive pms on my next work, send me a buddy request :) }

Edited by Metis - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mystery1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awsm os 
Loved it ❤️
Thanks for the pm😊
Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was so beautiful, perfect in itself. What a treat to read :-)
Khidki thumbnail
Thank You harshi and @Sakura24..!
I m glad u loved it..! :)
poemssyndrome thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
So beautiful Annikaa! This was perfect! Loved it!
Mrs.KimTaeHyung thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow Anni... awesome...

Main toh pehle se hi tumhari fan thi...

Ab mai tumhaari 'Jabra Fan' ban gayi...

👏
Khidki thumbnail
@Ana 
Thanks  Ana ..!

@Mahi

Thanks Mahi..!

Jabra Fan! Lol Fawad ko bura lag jaayega..!😆

KrUtI97 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Such a beautiful os.. that song is my favourite...
IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8
A very very beautifully written shot Annika. Enjoyed reading it.

Love
- Harshada
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesomeee anniii
loved it...u said true..
their meeting,shaadi,everything was arranged...arranged by god... i really loved gauri's  role...she is loving om without any expectations...now he is always in her prayers...
I ONCE READ SOMEWHERE...
THE NICEST PLACE ON EARTH IS TO BE IN SOMEONE'S THOUGHTS.. AND THE SAFEST PLACE IS TO BE IN SOMEONES PRAYERS...YAR OM YOUR ARE SO LUCKY...