Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Monroe had a fantastic figure, Huma, no. But she does look nice. Never found her good looking/attractive like others do, but she does have a certain charm to her face. She looks nice here.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Will definitely watch this movie, Betty. I <3 such films too ESP from that era. Thanks for the recommendation. 😳
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Yes @ Angel-like Devil... I highly recommend it, but I like both Marylin and Joseph Cotton and a fan of HW movies of that era... So I might be biased 😊

It's a noir thriller in technicolor ( usually noirs are B & W) with Marylin as the femme fatale and what a femme fatale she is 😆 with Niagara Falls as backdrop ⭐️

I don't know if it's true or not, but heard after this movie was released Niagara Falls became a popular wedding/honeymoon destination

😃
No worries, I am a fan-in-becoming of black and white era movies too 😊

I have added it to my list of movies to watch :D ..i wanted to explore noir and neo-noir genre soon after a few lists of movies I am yet to complete watching, so thankyou :)) 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

😃
No worries, I am a fan-in-becoming of black and white era movies too 😊

I have added it to my list of movies to watch :D ..i wanted to explore noir and neo-noir genre soon after a few lists of movies I am yet to complete watching, so thankyou :)) 

If you're a fan of B&W noirs then I highly recommend 'The Woman in the window(1944)'  with Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett... Several people disliked the ending but I loved it... 

The same cast and director did another noir later 'Scarlet Street' haven't watched it yet, saving it for later 😊

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

If you're a fan of B&W noirs then I highly recommend 'The Woman in the window(1944)'  with Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett... Several people disliked the ending but I loved it... 

The same cast and director did another noir later 'Scarlet Street' haven't watched it yet, saving it for later 😊

thankyouuu.
I have it on my list! 😊  where do you watch these movies btw? 😃

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

thankyouuu.
I have it on my list! 😊  where do you watch these movies btw? 😃

Mostly on Old movies channels like Turner Classic Movies (TCM), FoxMovies(FXM) etc... 
Occasionally borrow from local library 😊

After hearing about this Iranian guy Majidi Majid so much now I am going to watch three of his movies next week, thanks to the local library... busy, busy 😆

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago

Mostly on Old movies channels like Turner Classic Movies (TCM), FoxMovies(FXM) etc... 
Occasionally borrow from local library 😊

After hearing about this Iranian guy Majidi Majid so much now I am going to watch three of his movies next week, thanks to the local library... busy, busy 😆

tch we don't get those channels and no local library here 😒 

Oh yes, he's on one of my lists too 😆 I will look forward to your reviews on Majid Majidi on the review thread :-)
TotalBetty thumbnail
^^^

YouTube has many old, hard to find movies...

But not sure it works in all countries as some YouTube videos are disabled at certain locations

Edit: I discovered https://archive.org/ recently, a free digital library offering books, movies etc

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago