Kay Kay Menon on Nepotism in Bollywood

BollyGlitz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Kay Kay Menon is a damn good actor, who has proved his worth over the years. Like Irrfan Khan, KK has quietly made his presence felt in supporting roles over the years since he made his debut. Like Irrfan too, he's very serious about his craft that he is still continuing today with the roles he can get even though times are tough these days. Aside from being one of the most talented actors, he has something about him. KK and Irrfan are the ones with something in them, which is why they have made it this far this long. You know what a good actor is? It's when he's amazing in every role even though the film or storyline is bad. That's what KK and Irrfan are. In a recent interview, KK slammed the way the industry is functioning these days. He doesn't sound negative because what he's saying is the truth. We all can see how Bollywood is functioning now. How there are so many star kids waiting to be launched. The ones to lose from this situation are good actors without star parents or celebrity families.

KK on Nepotism

It is a well known fact that the industry is biased towards people belonging to families of revered stars.

KK on how money talks

It has nothing to do with their talent or calibre. If you have got money, I can make you a star too. But then, don't expect that you will be able to lead a normal life and roam about freely. Stars can't do that.

KK on when he decided to become an actor

The day I decided to become an actor, I had promised myself that I wouldn't have security guards following me all the time. So, I never desired to be a superstar.

Edited by BollyGlitz - 7 years ago