Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 years ago
He should infuse some Masala into todays generation 
dhinga1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
He needs a good editor.  He is nothing without an editor. In his earlier films. Part of his failure in his later films is he tried to edit himself  (Taal, Yaadein, Yuvraaj... ) or have an editorial department. Earlier Renu Saluja (for Pardes) and Waman Bhosale/Gurudutt Shirali kept him honest. They took his well-shot material and were able to string together a film that made sense.
You can see this happen in Taal - the climax has this weird Sardar standing literally in the middle of the screen making actual faces at the camera. It took me a while to figure out that Subhash Ghai had probably shot a longer role for Aishwarya's sisters - where they became a Sardar and tried to mediate a solution and that whole track got cut. But the climax still showed that bit. It was weird!!! 

Take a look again when you see that movie...
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
The subhash the ghai made some amazing movies and had a good sense of music.all his movies had superhit songs..my favorites are kaalicharan,karz,Ram lakhan,Karma,hero and vidhata..he pretty much introduced ooty to Bollywood or Bollywood to ooty...he just lost his touch somehow..taal I think was his last good attempt and had great music.. Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Lakhan.. Pardes was a nice movie yaar. Cliched but convincing. Direction was fine too.

I don't like his much celebrated Taal either. It's so slow.

Songs were great on taal.. but that was about it.

I seriously think that Bollywood is missing on big action heros.. The kind of action heros that Anil Kapoor Jackie sherof sunny deol and sunjay Dutt were during 80s and 90s.

Who better than Subhash Ghai to bring that back..

for the starter a buddy cop movie casting Ranbir and Ranvir could do a huge business if egos are put a side.

Originally posted by: Maroon5.0

The king of the masala film

One of the top directors in Bollywood history

Can he ever make a big hit film again

I was watching Saudagar and I couldn't stop. The dialogue baazi was just too much 👏 👏

I loved Khal Nayak and Taal!
😳
Remus.Lupin4 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
when imitiaz ali is surviving it is surprising subhash ghai couldnt survive..