Posted: 7 years ago
The king of the masala film

One of the top directors in Bollywood history

Can he ever make a big hit film again

I was watching Saudagar and I couldn't stop. The dialogue baazi was just too much 👏 👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

He lost the touch with Yaadein n Yuvraaj. 

I don't think so he can make another one of his Ram Lakhan or Pardes or Saudagar. 
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Experiments ne Sabko dubaaya hai... when you try to do something new & forgetting the basic plot on to which audience loved you for such a long time, you fail terribly...

Hero

Ram Lakhan

Vidhata

Karz

How could he possibly make Yaadein or Yuvvraaj?? Pardes was lucky... his forte is masala action drama... he changed gear to romance drama... Game over.
NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Lakhan.. Pardes was a nice movie yaar. Cliched but convincing. Direction was fine too. 

I don't like his much celebrated Taal either. It's so slow. 
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Lakhan.. Pardes was a nice movie yaar. Cliched but convincing. Direction was fine too. 

I don't like his much celebrated Taal either. It's so slow. 

Success of Pardes inspired him to change route which became the reason for his decline. From his career point of view, it was bad influence.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Trimurti's failure hit him badly that he change course to films like Pardes & Taal...

But he forgot that Trimurti's opening was earth shattering, 1.06 Cr at that time, 1st film to touch 1 Cr on Opening day without Holiday... Xmas Week release it was, came down very fast...

1st day audience turned up on his strong direction, he shouldn't have left that hold.
NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lakhan.

Success of Pardes inspired him to change route which became the reason for his decline. From his career point of view, it was bad influence.

Could be. But Pardes wasn't out n out love story. There was lot of other engaging things happening.Cliched version of desis abroad. Hindustani mitti n all that bw masala. 

But you are right. Since Taal, he lost the touch. Taal was boring.  And Yaadein was disaster of a movie. Crappy actors n super crappy direction. From then on.. there was no return of him. 
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
 taal was boring. his movies are full of dramatic scenes like Bhansali. Pardes was the most jignostic movie i have ever seen. purab paschim set the trend but it was fair from both east and west.  subhash ghai i feel cannot make comeback. it is difficult. but i always liked his song filming. 
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Khal-Nayak is 90's Single Screen BIGGEST HIT till date... i am sure when it's figures will be updated on BOI, it will be Record Breaking...

I was watching it few months back & i couldn't go past 1 hour of film... heard it so much from my brother about it... Rage Rush for Choli ke peechey song, Sanjay dutt, madhuri... 

Subhash Ghai created that kind of hype from cast  / story / songs... techno mix of nayak nahi khalnayak hoon main is still my fav. track... sanju's evil laugh...

Showman hold that grip for so long... Kaalicharan to Trimurti... From pardes, downfall...
flipfl0p thumbnail
I recall Kisna. That time, Vivek Oberoy was considered as the next big thing. It was a big budget movie. But it tanked. Along with that, Subhash and Vivek's career too.
Not many have succeeded with historical movies. If they are established names like Khans, they can withstand a high budget failure and bounce back. For young actors, their career is sealed.