DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hardly hear anything about her these days.
Dev Patel is nominated for an Oscar and Freida, who was apparently considered hot property at one point, is nowhere to be seen!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She is still doing movies...

They broke up otherwise she would be accompanying him to all the award shows
TotalBetty thumbnail
Ufff... Is she really the most beautiful Indian woman as they say?
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Ufff... Is she really the most beautiful Indian woman as they say?

They say that for everyone
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^^ They say that only for Ash as far as I know but they do find all the Indian actresses very beautiful/super hot etc etc. Freida is a sub-par actor & has this annoying arrogant personality. Nargis was a total delight to watch on KwK!!! And Freida was a bit annoying with her I-am-so-full-of-HW-shit going on. The only time I <3 her was when she spoke about how men always want a very fair, Virgin bride & that the opposite of that would be her matrimony ad!! 🤣

She is a great clothes-horse so would make a good model.
Taify thumbnail
They call Aish that cause of her Ms. World title.. otherwise, they'd say the same thing about anyone... I have seen BuzzFeed and other magazines call Piggy Chops the best thing about India.
Ash's own PR spread around that "most beautiful" stuff. That's how she was introduced to America. Even Letterman said that - those intros are basically whatever the host is given. They don't come up with it themselves. Ash herself always made a huge deal about the Ms. World title. You can tell the difference because Priyanka doesn't. 

Also, I think it was her downfall to have such badly executed PR. When you hype someone like that, people automatically say "no she isn't, I've seen better" etc. You're just giving people a reason to be resistant. 

It's easier for women to get noticed first because of their looks and clothing and getting magazine covers and all that. But Freida is a bad actress and eventually she was forgotten after her time as the hot new thing was over.

Dev's career is a miracle, honestly. He doesn't have looks or body and he's not the right color or heritage. He's done a really good job tailoring his career. And of course nothing is more important than luck.
Edited by anonymous39 - 7 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Oh man... She is a horrible actress. And HW ain't BW.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Comments like that are made in her IMDb page all the time, that she is the most beautiful Indian girl they have seen

Are they patronizing, or is it reverse racism, being PC, jumping on the bandwagon or maybe they really do feel that way

They find Mindy kaling very hot too, I don't get it... They don't say she is the most beautiful though

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous39

Ash's own PR spread around that "most beautiful" stuff. That's how she was introduced to America. Even Letterman said that - those intros are basically whatever the host is given. They don't come up with it themselves. Ash herself always made a huge deal about the Ms. World title. You can tell the difference because Priyanka doesn't. 

Also, I think it was her downfall to have such badly executed PR. When you hype someone like that, people automatically say "no she isn't, I've seen better" etc. You're just giving people a reason to be resistant. 

It's easier for women to get noticed first because of their looks and clothing and getting magazine covers and all that. But Freida is a bad actress and eventually she was forgotten after her time as the hot new thing was over.

Dev's career is a miracle, honestly. He doesn't have looks or body and he's not the right color or heritage. He's done a really good job tailoring his career. And of course nothing is more important than luck.

Well said 👍🏼

Bold - Luck and timing is so important... What else explains some of the Indian stars international career while better looking and talented stars before them didn't get that much exposure or money

There are some other stars whose career I think is a miracle too 😉

Edit : I haven't seen her work much but Frieda Pinto was trying the 'Julia Roberts school of acting'  in Planet of the apes movie... Which is just smiling all the time... Having big nice teeth and showing it non stop no matter what the scene... It is effective when Julia does it but when other starlets try to copy it, it doesn't work

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago