Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa Season 9

| You will always be a winner Shantanu Maheshwari,the most deservingl

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

First of all, I think that Shantanu Maheshwari does not need introduction; he is an actor, a dancer, a choreographer who won millions of hearts worldwide. Cutie, Hotie, whatever you call him, he is a ball of energy, filled with talent, selflessness and kindness. He is one of those rare celebrities who doesn't consider themselves as celebrities, always down to earth and he has that willpower to learn, to work hard and to be a better person. He was born on 7 March 1991 in Kolkata and attended St. Joseph's College, Kolkata. He moved to Mumbai for higher studies where he went to H.R. College of Commerce and Economics and was a part of the Street Soul Dance Crew [SSDC] from his college. He has the brain, the pure heart and the looks! - life goals :D

He is a self-made actor and made his debut as protagonist Swayam in youth show Dil Dosti dance,D3 and later played Sahir one of the leads in MTV Girls On Top making him one of the most popular actor among the youth. He also appeared in Box Cricket League in 2013 and 2014 on Colors, as part of the team 'Chandigarh Cubs and  in Bindass Yeh Hai Aashiqui and Twistwala Love. He won several awards, like WOD and his chemistry with co-star Vrushika Mehta from D3 earned him the third spot as the Hottest Indian TV Jodi by the UK-based newspaper Eastern Eye. Along with Vrushy, he also won the Indian Television Academy Award for best On Screen Couple. He was also nominated for the Indian Telly Jury Award for Best Choreographer (along with Macedon D'Mello, one of his best friend and crew mate) and for Asian Viewers Television Awards (AVTA) ; Male Actor of the Year for this role in Girls on Top.

Furthermore, Shantanu appeared in several commercials namely "I like your Soch, but love my approach #BendTheRules" TVC for HP Pavilion (computer) and "FBB Denim Dance" featuring Terence Lewis. In 2015, he was the protagonist opposite Sunny Leone in the music video Super girl from China.

Shantanu is very versatile, apart from acting and dancing, he also like playing cricket and badminton with his family and is a big foodie. He is also very intelligent ,has such a great personality and spreads happiness wherever he goes. He calls his fans " well wishers " and not fans while we identify us as tannuholics :P With his acting and dancing skills, he left us speechless and is almost every girls' crush. When asked to choose between acting and dancing, he puts dancing first. 

Edited by Y12345 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Y12345 thumbnail

Shantanu as a dancer

Shantanu was not interested in dancing initially , his focus was into studying hard, getting good grades and a good job. His mom was his first teacher and she is the one who pushed him into dancing. He was first seen as child in boogie woogie and Kya Masti Kya Dhoom on Star Plus. In his college days, he was part of  Street Soul Dance Crew and he specializes in Hip pop, Popping and (Liquid) Waving.  Shan's fav style is Bollywood and his dancing idols are Prabudeva, MJ and Govinda.

D3 was a dance based fiction show featuring a group of college students following their passion for dance. The show had dancers like Vrushika Mehta, Kunwar Amar, Shakti Mohan, Sumedh Mudgalkar, Jason Tham, Macy D'mello, Samentha and Alisha Singh , Shan's choreo partner and the dancing level was awesome! Shantanu had great chemistry with co-star vrushika and their duets ranging from contemporary, waltz, Bollywood, freestyle, hip pop, blind fold dance, skate dance, and many more with group performances as well.

In 2015, he led his crew Desi Hoppers to the World Of Dance in Los Angelos and they were the first Indian to ever win this competition. They won the first place and they were also the crowd favorite as well as the judges favorite and impressed everyone with their hip pop+ Bollywood fusion! They made India proud and made an impact at international level.  They also met Jaja Vakov and Terence Lewis during their preparation for WOD. The crew was invited to give a special performance on America's Got Talent (season 11) and received praise and standing ovation from judges Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum and Nick Cannon. He and his crew are currently conducting dance workshops all around India

Check their WOD dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3fcOmbzWI  or jump to media corner 

The JHALAK Chapter 

Here comes Jhalak in 2016 and Shan is currently seen as a celebrity contestant alongside Alisha Singh. In the very first episode, no one knew Shantanu unlike contestants like Shakti Arora, Karishma Tanna, Helly Shah- famous actors in Telly world. Shan however was from a youth show and people didn't knew him like they knew the others. Surprisingly very few people were aware that Shan and his crew won World of Dance, an international competition and he was not that popular as Salman Yusuff Khan (ex choreographer turned into contestant) , Nora, (pro belly dancer-actress )who were professional dancers well known in almost all Indian household. But it didn't take long before Shan started making a place in people's heart with his sincerely, humbleness, hard work and unique dancing skills. He finally got the love he deserved and started gaining immense popularity from all over India. The way he dances, the smoothness of his steps and the way he moves and catches beats made us love him more.  His journey has been incredible, he pushed himself, joggling between shoots and JDJ and stepped out of his comfort zone and delivered great performances with pure dancing! He fought against injuries, weight loss, tight time schedule and marked the Jhalak stage!

He received praise from seasoned actor Ronit Roy who called him a "winner and my star",Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan called Maheshwari a 'flying star' and Prabhudeva sending a special good luck message to him and he even danced with Govinda. 

Y12345 thumbnail

Let's take a look at his JDJ journey full of style, grace, talent and cuteness ! 

Y12345 thumbnail
 Shantanu JDJ performances 

Shan JDJ acts 

😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 

Y12345 thumbnail

Edit:

Thank you so much people for showing that cheating,lying,and injustice is still entrenched in our society.Thanks for showing that in life, hardwork does not matter at all.Even though you are kind , and talented, people who cheat always surpass you and you just need to have good contacts to be able to jump off the rules and win using the bad way. 

Dear Shantanu, 

After what happened in DID and me realising that that reality shows are scripted even though they may shout on the roof to deny it, truth is the truth! , watched Jhalak only for you and I knew from the beginning that you would never win because see this world is crazy you know..and talent, sincerely are outdated. But thanks for teaching me to work harder, to push myself further, to believe in my dreams and for all those life lessons you taught me.Thanks for inspiring me every single day and keep inspiring the world the same way and keep shining. 

Shows in India are always like that so I do hope that you get international shows because you deserve it. You deserved to win but turns out failure is a better teacher than success. Jhalak was not for you, scripted shows like this do not match your talent and hardwork.You deserve better and I'm sure you will achieve greater heights. Remember World of Dance? Nobody can change the fact that you are a world champion and one of the finest dancers in India. Even though India is too busy with their scripted shows, idolizing the wrong person, your place is at the top.It's such a shame that you never got got the stardom you deserve and one day you will get it. Slowly but surely :) I love you. Your well wishers love you. And believe me when I'm saying that people who love you are more than the votes you got. You are a star that will always keep shining. 

Y12345 thumbnail

Shantanu's reflection on Jhalak / Special Shantanu's corner

His Top 3 acts in JDJ : Prabudeva tribute, Govinda act and instrumental act with Suleiman

Most memorable moment on JDJ : "When Prabhudeva sir sent a video to wish me all the best & when I got my first 10 from Ganesh sir" - Shan tweeted

3 new things that he learnt in JDJ: Keeping up with the X factor, variety of dance forms & pushing myself to bring out the best in me, in spite of all the injuries! - he tweeted

Talking about his Jhalak journey, Shantanu said, "I have lot to learn. I like learning and that is what I am doing currently. So far my journey has been great. The big achievement for me was when I was called for Jhalak. Because if you see the list of participants on the show every year they all come from GEC's. I am the first contestant who is from a youth show and a youth channel. This will open doors for many others. It feels nice. When I saw big award functions I always wondered why they never called us to perform, we could have done a better job as we are dancers. But I am happy with Jhalak things have changed and I have finally got that recognition."

Shantanu feels that it is important for an actor to feel nervous before his acts, "I feel a certain amount of nervousness should always be there while performing. It keeps you focused on your act otherwise sometime you tend to become over confident.

He further adds : "I know being part of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is a big thing and it is giving me good exposure. However, I am not using Jhalak stage to impress anyone or find work. If someone watches me on the show and finds me worth their film then that's a different case. I have come here to learn and that's what I will keep doing. I believe in Karm karte Jao phal ki apeksha mat Karo...," concluded Shantanu.

😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 

Y12345 thumbnail

Shan and his choreo partner Alisha

Together they are known as Alishan or #TeamShantanu

Alisha was his co-star in D3 and they already knew each other. Shan, being an introvert takes time to bond with someone and he is very happy to have Alisha as his partner

Shantanu says: "Being a dancer will make my Jhalak sojourn a tad harder for knowing the craft the judges would expect much more in terms of visual differences in each round as compared to what a non dancer will be expected to deliver week on week. It's not about who's the best dancer but about who progresses the most. We need to be able to visually show the difference in our dance. So it's actually tougher for all of us"

" We have worked together in  D3  hence there is a certain comfort level  and we know each other's strengths and weakness which should make our Jodi stronger on the dance floor.  I am confident that if I give my best  I have it  in me to go the whole hog. Knowing Alisha helps because I'm am an introvert, and if you're not comfortable with someone on stage, it shows."

Hip pop is also Alisha's forte but together they tried so many styles like broadway, chau, robotics, semi-classical ,lyrical and contemporary. Nimit Kotian and Macy D'mello( Shan's best friends and crew mates ) are also officially assisting Alisha in the choregraphy 

TEAM SHANTANU 

Interview 

with shantanu maheshwari, Nimit kotian, macy d'mello, and Palki mam

How has Jhalak helped your craft? It is one of the shows where you have to cater to a certain audience, play with the camera. I say this because when I'm watching it, I think to myself, well, this is not the most technically sound dance.

(Laughs heard).

Tell me a bit about your journey as a performer, Shantanu. And for the rest of you, how should a dance be set on stage? Also, do you find it an inherent struggle to do a dance that is not technically accurate?

SM: I think initially when I started the Jhalak journey, I was into showing dance, dance, dance because that's my background. Later, after two, three rounds, I got feedback that I should concentrate more on performing - presentation-wise. You should look like a celebrity star. This is what I learned in terms of performing the act right. Getting the X-factor out because that is one of the biggest criteria to judge the performance. Regarding the form, it used to bother me a lot. But then, we need to realize that in India, there are no or very few proper technically trained people to teach you proper forms because we mix so many things so to know the original form properly is very hard.

PM: Like, for example, when he performed krumping with Salman, it was not the most technically sound krumping that gets the marks. So it bothered Shantanu and me a lot. Nimit and Mace were not initially a part of Shantanu's team in Jhalak at the time. We did eventually come to an understanding that if you present yourself a certain way, it doesn't really matter if you are presenting it technically well. We had to un-do things. The kinds of learning these three have is technical. We had to un-do that learning. We had to put Shantanu on a stage where he looked like a celebrity, not just as a dancer. Especially when Nimit and Mace came on board, they tried to strike a balance between technical dancing and presentation of the whole act.

MD: There were a lot of times where we would pull our hair out and we'd be like, "this is not original, how are people getting marks? And this is so unfair and why are they getting these comments? So we thought we should focus on what he already knows and let's get that back. So all the moves that he already did, so me and Nimit we used to choreograph, like the group dance he did, we said, "at the end of the song, you have to do a suicide". He's like "what?". He's never done that in his entire life. Nimit and I were like we want it, so we don't care how you do it in three days, but you have to do it. He said, "okay, I'll do it. But how do you do it?" (chuckles). It was about focusing on moves you can do. We just concentrated on doing something we already know as opposed to doing moves that are already copied.

PM: There are moves Shantanu has never done before in spite of Dil Dosti Dance for four years and Bindass Naach.

NK: Alisha and Shantanu have two different brains. Alisha had her own perception because of her own experience. When Mace and me came, we thought, let's not do what other people are doing. Let's do our own thing. So me and Mace were like let's do different things.

PM: Alisha was also a part of Dil Dosti Dance. She comes from a dancing reality background. I know Alisha since she was a child. When Alisha and Shantanu started, they had very different points of view. She was slightly more Bollywood and filmy. There was no time, because this season they had to prepare two acts in a week. Three or four rounds later, Alisha came back to her roots. She has done a lot of work with Bollywood choreographers. But Nimit, Macedon, and Shantanu, believe in pure dancing. She understood and came around. Like when they did pure street on a Marathi song ("Zingat").

Did the familiarity help you?

SM: See, we didn't have an opportunity to dance together as a couple on D3. But we did share a certain kind of rapport. I'm an introvert and I take some time to get comfortable with anybody, for that matter. So I knew Alisha and I knew her style and she knew my style. It got easier than having somebody I didn't know. We bonded well.

PM: I feel that if he had got any other choreographer, I don't think his dancing style would have been noticed. There are very few female dancers who can do justice in street and Alisha is one of them. She may not be technically and absolutely correct but the way she has matched up to Shantanu, I don't think anybody else could have done that.

SM: And that's thanks to these two guys too because they used to make us continuously rehearse. Macedon and Nimit really deserve credit.

Y12345 thumbnail

This thread is open to everyone but be sure to follow the forum rules

Do not use the edited photos/collages/banners without permission unless otherwise stated

And apologies if the thread is not up to mark, layout/writing and photos takes time and I did everything in just one day!

Connect with Shantanu 

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Connect with Alisha

Instagram

Twitter

Alishan 

Instagram

Don't forget to vote and send good luck wishes to Shantanu 

sweetbutbroken thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks so much for making this thread Yenna ❤️

Please don't forget to vote guys. You can vote up to 100 times per SIM card for SMS voting, and 100 times per email ID for the website so tell all your friends/family also.