Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NAVANT28 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Amazing update..can't wait to see anya as a romantic couple...
Saumya96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4
Again a nice one. Keep continuing 
NAVANT28 thumbnail
expecting a long & lovely update today...
silla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Really wonderful updates I read all 4 updates in one go ...now waiting for next update please update today if possible ;))
storywriter098 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

There was a small clearing amongst the mammoth trees that surrounded Anant and navya.  Anant opened the car door and stepped out.  He walked around the car and held open navya's door.  navya was too preoccupied with the sight before her to notice Anant standing there waiting for her to exit the car. 8

"Navya." Anant said, trying to get her attention.

"What? Sorry. It's just so beautiful." Navya replied.

Lights adorned the surrounding trees.  Lanterns, flowers, and decorations were strewn about adding webs of color to the area.  The clearing seemed unreal, almost magical.  Situated in the back was a small table, draped with a dark, velvet table cloth and a small but fancy candelabrum that sat in the center. 

"Are we having dinner here?" asked navya once her eyes fell on the table.

"Yes we are. Don't worry. I didn't cook.  The chef made dinner, so it's safe to eat." Anant said with a grin.

"I honestly thought you were going to take me out to some fancy restaurant." navya admitted.

"Oh come on, navya! That's so impersonal.  A first date should mean something special." Anant replied.

"This really is special, Anant.  When did you find the time to do all this?" navya asked.

They started walking deeper into the clearing, making their way to the back where the little table was.

"I wasn't really at work all this time. I was doing this.  Well, I didn't really do all of this myself, but I oversaw the project." Anant said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Navya figured that he hadn't really done all of this himself, but she thought he'd sent people to decorate while he stayed at his office and worked.  It was good to know that he actually took time out of his busy schedule even if it was just to oversee the project' as he put it.  Navya sat down at the table.  anant brought out a bottle of champagne.  He poured two glasses and handed on to navya.

"I don't drink." navya declared, eyeing the glass suspiciously.

"It's just champagne." anant chucked.  "We need to toast."

"Toast what?" asked navya. 

"Our first date!  To us," Anant said, raising his glass, "for making it through these first few weeks of marriage relatively unscathed with minimal arguments."

Anant and navya toasted.  Anant immediately gulped down his champagne.  navya took a small sip, wrinkling her nose at the taste.  She set it aside and waited for Anant to serve the food.  He stood up and fiddled with the dishes before placing a plate in front of navya.

"Dinner is served." He announced.  Bowing slightly, imitating a waiter.

navya giggled.

"Indian food?" she said, surprised.

"Obviously.  It's probably not as good as yours though. Don't tell the chef I said that.  We have gobhi paratha, lamb biryani, chicken curry, aloo gobi, kheer,palak paneer and mango sherbet.  One hundred percent Indian." Anant said. 10

"So much food...we can't finish all of this." navya said.  

"We can sure try.  Let's eat!" Anant exclaimed.

"That is the most food I've ever eaten." navya declared after finishing the last bit of kheer.

"You've barely had anything." Anant retorted, stuffing some biryani in his mouth.

"Seriously?  Anant, I ate all of this."navya said, gesturing to her once full plate.

"Whatever you say." Anant replied with a smirk.  "Come on." He grabbed navya's hand and pulled her up from her seat.  He started to lead her back towards his car.

"Where are we going? What about the food?" navya asked.

"Just leave the food.  I'll have someone clean all of this up later." Anant said, still pulling navya along.

"Where are we going?" navya asked again.

"It's a surprise." Anant said grinning.

"Another surpise...great." navya said dismally.

Anant opened the passenger door and motioned for navya to sit inside.

"Please tell me where we're going." Pleaded navya as Anant buckled up in the driver's seat.

"If I tell you, it'll ruin the surprise." Anant said, gazing at her.  He turned back to the road and focused on driving.  The commute wasn't long.  Only a few minutes had passed, and AnaNT was already slowing down the car.  They were in some sort of open field near the forest area where they had eaten dinner.

"What in the world?" Navya said upon viewing the field.  There was a large screen set up in the center of the field.  Spread out in front of the screen were several blankets. "A film?" navya guessed.

Anant said nothing in response.  Instead, he quickly opened navya's door and pulled her towards the blankets.

"Just sit and watch." He commanded.  He whistled really loudly and gave a thumbs up to some unknown person who wasn't visible to navya.

"Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayega! I love Shahrukh Khan! This is my favorite film! How did you know?" navya exclaimed as the opening credits rolled. 17

"Everyone loves DDLJ and everyone loves Shahrukh Khan.  It wasn't that difficult." Anant chuckled at navya's excitement. 32

navya settled herself on the blankets and got comfortable.  Anant sat cross legged beside her but maintained some distance.  He couldn't help but stealing at glances at navya throughout the movie.  He couldn't help but notice the dreamy expression she would get every time a very young Shahrukh Khan graced the screen with his presence.  She would laugh at every comedic moment as if she were watching it for the first time, even though she must have seen the film at least a dozen times.  Anant continued to watch navya  He watched her more than he watched the movie.

Finally, the movie came to the part Anant had been waiting for.

"Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam," the song started.

"Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam." Anant joined in the chorus. 2

Navya looked at him with a slightly amused but otherwise incredulous expression.  He continued to sing along with the song.  He stood up and held out his hand.  navya looked at him suspiciously.  Surely he wasn't asking her to dance with him. He was doing just that.  Anant gently took navya's hand and helped her up.  He placed her arms on his shoulders and placed his own on her waist.   They started off in a slow side to side motion, but Anant eventually ended up twirling navya gracefully around the field as the song concluded. 5

"Did that really just happen?" navya asked in disbelief.

"It did."anant replied, grinning.

"This is the best date ever." Admitted Navya.

"I'm glad you think so." Replied Anant.

The film concluded an hour or so later.  Anant and navya hadn't realized how late it had gotten.  navya started to worry about Payal being alone so late at night.  They rushed to get back home.

"Payal," navya called as they entered the mansion.

"She's probably asleep." anant said.

"I'll go upstairs and check on her." Navya said before scurrying up the stairs.  Anant slowly followed her.

"Hi Didi!" Payal exclaimed as soon as navya reached the top of the stairs.  She dragged navya into Anant's room.  anant, slightly amused, followed behind the two girls.

"Tell me everything!" demanded Payal.  She plopped down on Anant's bed.

navya gave Anant an apologetic look.  Anant simply smiled in response.

"I think navya really enjoyed herself." Anant interjected.

"Really? Did you, Didi? What did you two do?" Payal asked, her eyes bulging with excitement.

"Just dinner and a movie." Anant spoke up.

Navya smiled at Anant's understatement of the night's activities.  Dinner and a movie couldn't even begin to explain the magical evening navya had with Anant.

"That's it? Boring!" Payal chastised.

"Payal." Navya warned.

"No no navya. She's right. I'll just have to do better next time." Anant said with a wink, which caused navya to blush.

"Yeah! Jija-ji will just have to do better.  Didi, you deserve it." Payal said.

"Payal, that's enough. Go to sleep. It's late." navya reprimanded.

"Okay okay.  I'm going." Payal stood up to leave but paused in the doorway, "Didi, should I sleep downstairs?" she asked.

"Why would you do that?" navya asked.

"Well, it seems like there might be a honeymoon part two in the making tonight." Payal said quickly, running out of the room and down the hall. 9

Navya gasped and then blushed profusely.  She was completely stunned and severely embarrassed.  Anant tried to stifle a chuckle.  A slight blush crept up his neck.  Payal actually thought they had a romantic evening out and wanted to continue the romance tonight.

"So," Anant started, attempting to dissolve the awkwardness of the situation.

Navya said nothing. She'd turned away from him in an attempt to hide her embarrassment.

"Where should we go on our honeymoon?" Anant asked.   6

"What do you mean?" Navya asked hesitantly.

"We haven't been anywhere.  We should travel abroad." Anant suggested.

"And do what?" navya blurted out though she was dreading the answer.

"Go sightseeing, of course.  You can go shopping too if you'd like." Anant replied, coolly.

"Oh," was all navya said in response.

"What did you think I was going to say?"  Anant smirked.

"N-nothing." navya stuttered, "Just...you know...people don't go on honeymoons just to go sightseeing.  They go to..."navya trailed off, making a motion with her hand in an attempt to prompt Anant to understand her insinuation.

"Oh of course! There would be plenty of that too." Anant grinned. 8

If navya were drinking a beverage at this moment, she would've spit it out all over Anant.  She was that shocked.  She opened her mouth to protest, but no words came out. 3

"Relax, Navya. I was just joking." Anant said, chuckling lightly.

"Oh." She said.  She wasn't sure what to think.  She just didn't want to be near Anant at the moment.  She walked to the other side of the room and sat down on the bed.

"I'm sorry, navya. It was just a joke." anant conciliated.   "We don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to."

navya said nothing.

"Navya?" Anant tried again.  He walked over to the bed and sat down beside her.

"It's just that...we aren't," navya started.

"I know." Anant replied.  "Let's just forget about this. We had a great night. There's no point in spoiling it over nothing." He continued.

"Right." navya agreed.

Anant and navya got ready to go to bed.  It was late and they were both tired.  While navya was putting on her nightclothes, her thoughts traveled to her marriage, to her perfect date, to Anant.  navya blushed at the thought of him. At first, they were two strangers hurled into a predicament.  Then, they became friends.  She wondered if they would ever fall in love.  navya stared at herself in the mirror.  She was covered nearly head to toe in black.  Plain was the word that came to mind when she looked at herself.  ANANT would never fall for a plain girl.  Navya heaved a great sigh before she opened the bathroom door and stepped out.  Anant was sitting on the bed and seemed like he was in some sort of deep thought.

"Anant," navya said cautiously.

"Hmm." He replied without even looking up.

"Are you okay?" navya asked, still standing.

"I'm fine." Anant said coldly.  He abruptly stood up and stalked over to the sofa.  He stopped in front of it but didn't sit down.

navya watched Anant suspiciously.  She was taken aback by his sudden change in mood, but she didn't want to bother him and make his mood worse. +

"navya," Anant turned back to face navya.  He pouted slightly.  "My back hurts." He admitted quietly.

navya smiled.  Anant was such a child sometimes.

"Please don't make me sleep on that uncomfortable sofa tonight." Begged Anant.

navya stifled a giggle.  He was acting as if he were a child in a toy store pleading with his mother to buy toys for him. 

"Is that a yes?" Anant asked, bemused by navya's laughter.

navya stopped laughing.  It suddenly dawned on her what Anant was asking.  She looked down.  A small blush tinged her cheeks.

"It's fine. I'll manage." Anant said, realizing how uncomfortable of a position he just put navya in.

"No.  You can..." navya said quietly.

"Are you sure?" asked anant.

navya just nodded.  She turned away from him and walked to the other side of the bed.  She laid down, pulling the covers over her.  She scooted all the way to the edge of the bed.  After settling herself, she looked back up at anant.  He continued to stand where he was, making no effort to move.  A conflicted expression was apparent on his face.

"Anant, really. It's okay." navya said.

Anant hesitated for a moment before walking over to the bed.  He'd had many girlfriends with which he'd spent countless nights.  He'd had his fair share of hookups and even a few one night stands.  However, he had never ever in his life been this nervous to get into bed with a woman before.  This wasn't just any woman.  This was his wife, the woman he'd be spending the rest of his life with.  This was navya.  Anant couldn't help but acknowledge that he had a physical attraction towards navya.  It was undeniable.  He silently promised himself that he would behave himself and keep his distance tonight. 4

"Anant," navya said.  She watched him curiously.

"Yeah."  Anant pulled back the covers and laid down.  He immediately felt relieved as he straightened out his back against his very comfortable bed.  It felt a thousand times better than the sofa he'd been sleeping on.

navya watched Anant.  A new wave of guilt surged through her.  Anant must've been silently suffering all this time.  Anant suddenly looked at her.  Their eyes locked for a brief moment before navya looked down.  Anant's brows furrowed in confusion.

"This was a bad idea." Anant declared, flinging off the covers and getting to his feet.  He started towards the sofa.

navya looked on in shock.  It took her a moment to respond.  She stood up and hastily followed anant.

"Wait!" She grabbed Anant's arm so that they both came to a halt just before reaching the sofa.

"What happened?" navya asked.

"You're uncomfortable." Anant answered, looking away from her.

"You're the one who's uncomfortable, Anant.  I knew that sofa would cause you trouble.  You should've told me earlier that you were in pain." navya chided.

"That's not what I mean.  You're uncomfortable...with me." Anant replied.

"I'm not. I...Should I be?" navya questioned.  She awkwardly shifted from one foot to another.

"No! Not at all.  Um...let's just go to sleep." Anant said quickly.

He followed navya back to the bed and watched as she slipped beneath the covers.  She looked up at him expectantly.  He slowly lifted the covers and laid down on the bed, his eyes never leaving navya.  She seemed okay, not relaxed, but okay nonetheless.  Anant shifted awkwardly until he found a position he was comfortable with.  He laid with his eyes wide open.  Any ounce of exhaustion he was feeling moments ago seemed to have suddenly disappeared.  navya wasn't any better off.  She laid with her eyes glued to the ceiling, hesitant to move at all. 

"Why do we do this?" Anant asked, breaking the silence.

"Do what?" asked navya.  She took her eyes off the ceiling and focused them on Anant.

"Make things more difficult than they have to be.  Sharing a room was such a big deal.  Now sharing a bed...God! We're worse than teenagers." Anant said in frustration.

"I don't mean to make things difficult." navya replied.  She believed Anant was placing the blame on her.

"It's not just you.  We're both at fault.  There's this barrier between us, navya.  We can't just ignore it," Anant sighed, "I'll be back on the sofa tomorrow.  Don't worry."

"Anant..." navya started.

"Maybe we can convince Payal we had one hell of an argument, you know, as an excuse to sleep in different bedrooms...if it ever comes to that, I mean." Anant interrupted.

"She might worry." navya said.  She felt conflicted.  Staying in different bedrooms is exactly what she wanted, but she was enjoying putting on this charade with Anant.  It made her feel like an actual wife, and she really did take pleasure in spending more time with Anant.

"Let's just see how tonight goes.  If you're feeling awkward or uncomfortable, tell me.  Please, navya. I mean it." Anant said sternly but with immense sincerity.

"I will.  You don't need to worry, Anant." she replied.

"Goodnight, Navya." Anant said.  He reached over and turned the lamp off.

Darkness washed over the room.  navya felt Anant shift on the bed to get to comfortable position.  After that though, it felt like he wasn't even there because the bed was so large.

"Goodnight, Anant." navya whispered to Anant, who had his back turned towards her.

navya tossed and turned all night.  She couldn't fall asleep for the life of her.  She didn't know if it was because Anant was beside her causing some strange spell of anxiety or if it was because of something totally unrelated to Anant's close proximity.  navya looked at Anant.  He seemed to be peacefully asleep.  He was still turned on his side, his back still facing her.  navya looked up at the ceiling in despair.  She let her mind wander to anything but Anant.  Her eyelids felt heavy after a while, and she soon fell asleep.

Anant awoke to a heavy weight on his chest.  He felt someone's grip tighten on his shoulder.  When he opened his eyes, he found navya snuggled onto his chest, her hand clutching onto his shoulder.  He was surprised at first and then slightly amused.  Anant felt a small breeze as navya attempted to snuggle closer to him.  He immediately understood.  She felt cold and was unconsciously being drawn to the warmth of his body.  Anant had forgotten to close the window before going to bed, thus the crisp New York City wind was making its way into the bedroom, disturbing navya's sleep.  Another breeze, this one a bit strong, blew into the room.  navya shifted in her sleep.

"navya," Anant whispered, "wake up."

navya stirred but didn't wake up.  Anant tried to pry away from her, but he decided it was best to not disturb her.  After a bit of futile effort, Anant conceded.  He wrapped his free arm around navya and went back to sleep.

Rays of light entered through the open windows.  navya unconsciously shielded her eyes from the brightness.  She unwillingly opened her eyes.  Suddenly, she pulled back with such force that she startled Anant.

"navya? What's wrong? Are you alright?" Anant asked, half asleep and half shocked.

"I...um..." navya struggled for words.

Anant noticed his arm still lazily placed around navya.  He quickly pulled it away, sitting up swiftly.

"Sorry." He muttered, a little embarrassed.

"No it's okay," navya looked away, "I'm on your side of the bed," she said, her cheeks on fire.

The couple sat there for a moment in awkwardness before navya finally decided to move back to her side of the bed. 3

"I was feeling cold," said navya quietly.

"I know. I forgot to close the window." anant admitted.

navya looked at Anant blankly for a second.  Suddenly, she burst out laughing.  Anant couldn't help but join in the laughter.

Maybe this wasn't such a bad arrangement after all.

. +

OMG! Sleeping in the same bed now! What's going to happen next?

Comment and like! Tell me what you thought!

ganganavya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeahhh finally update. Sleeping on same bed wow and date was best. Anant damn romantic. Love u anant
ganganavya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Let payal stay longer with them. They can sleep on the same cot. Want romantic scenes btwn anya
-meru- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Woww what a awesome updt pls cont asap
Saumya96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4
Again a nice one.. Please continue soon 
NeetikaRana757 thumbnail
hahah awesome update.. cont soon