Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SP2684 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
I agree that Bani will probably never be popular among the HMs, but not for the reasons you've outlined, which lay the blame everywhere but with Bani. Sure, all of them have probably used cuss words and sworn at one of the others, on occasion, but none of them use filthy language as exceedingly as Bani does, nor do they name-call at the drop of a hat. None of them end even light arguments with statements like 'main kutton se baat nahin karti', and none of them abuse collectively under the guise of doing so generally. So them not liking her abusive nature, is not an excuse, but rather their prerogative. 

Your reasons imply that only those that like Bani in the house are genuine - I disagree, and those are not the parameters for genuineness. And Manu need not brainwash people (I don't even think people take him seriously enough for that to stick) - Bani does plenty to alienate people all by herself. For example, she repeatedly taunted Mona over unwashed utensils, and when Mona responded she got sworn at. She unnecessarily made Rohan out to be a liar and embarrassed him the previous weekend, and it was obvious that Rohan was maha annoyed. 

As for Rahul - Gaurav couldn't induce Rahul to like Bani, let alone Manu getting him to dislike her. Rahul is strong-minded and mature enough to decide who he likes/dislikes. He's been patient with her for ages - and he's said, time and again, (in main episodes and unseen videos) that he dislikes Bani's attitude, and there's no point trying to explain anything to her, as all you get is aggressive abuse in return. Even yesterday - he did not tell her anything proactively - he knows it's pointless - she kept asking him, and he finally obliged. And he was spot on - if everyone has an issue with you, perhaps you should look inwards for the problem? 

IMO, rudeness, brashness and a 'my way or the highway' mentality does not equate to straightforwardness. Bani will never be popular in the house because she will never introspect - never will she even entertain the possibility that she could be at fault - as she said to Baba last week: nobody can ever criticise her. Why? Perhaps because she believes she's perfect. But the others don't agree. 
Edited by SP2684 - 7 years ago
kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@TM @SP2684 has already explained most of the stuff. I just want to elaborate on some points. Fist we do abuse but among our friends not among strangers or with people who are not free with us.

Also being abusive and loud does not mean being correct or straight forward, it simply means ill mannered. Being polite or soft spoken does not mean that a person is not straight forward.

People like Rahul, Rohan etc were all supportive of her and I don't think Manu or Manvir had capability to change their mind. She might stay till the end or even win but her abusive nature is not an excuse of being straight forward or frustration.
nymeria5 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
@SP, amazing post. Pretty much told what I wanted to say.
What brainwashing does Manu exactly do? He bitches about Bani just as much as he does of the others. I don't think it's particularly JUST Bani who is highlighted in his bitching.There is nothing complicated here to comprehend why they don't like her.

As mentioned, Bani is pretty good at alienating herself whether its through her actions or just pure intentions. The first one being the abuses. Fine, all of them have let it out once in a while but when you just call everyone or direct it to every single housemate when they themselves might not have played a part (there are instances where she has done that), what is there to like about it? Why would I consider someone like that to be a friend who happily has to just throw out abuses for no reason?

Second thing, she herself said in an unseen video that she pretty much only finds Gaurav interesting or entertaining to talk to while the rest of the housemates are 'boring' (This was especially said in regards to Rohan and Rahul). Which is fine...because you DON'T have to gel with everyone. But then why have any expectations from any of them at all? 

Look, you can always find justifications for actions and try and defend it (and should be rightly be done so in circumstances) but when you pretty much have the whole house (of 12 other members) that stay with her 24/7 having a single opinion, it's not exactly difficult to filter out the problem. That would be herself. She can put the blame all she wants but until she seriously starts reconsidering her actions/words/behavior, I don't think there is much to consider why the housemates don't like her. 
Edited by nymeria5 - 7 years ago
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It's not about just being abusive, she is not a good person at heart, al she thinks is about herself, she thinks she is never wrong, she never takes criticism even from her closest friends, she feels she is superior to others...
ash2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
100% agree with u.she is honest and genuine.i want to c salman giving a reality check to manu.manhoos sala bakwaas kurta hai all the time.he thinks that he is the best. 🤢
SP2684 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nymeria5

What brainwashing does Manu exactly do? He bitches about Bani just as much as he does of the others. I don't think it's particularly JUST Bani who is highlighted in his bitching.There is nothing complicated here to comprehend why they don't like her.

As mentioned, Bani is pretty good at alienating herself whether its through her actions or just pure intentions. The first one being the abuses. Fine, all of them have let it out once in a while but when you just call everyone or direct it to every single housemate when they themselves might not have played a part (there are instances where she has done that), what is there to like about it? Why would I consider someone like that to be a friend who happily has to just throw out abuses for no reason?

Second thing, she herself said in an unseen video that she pretty much only finds Gaurav interesting or entertaining to talk to while the rest of the housemates are 'boring' (This was especially said in regards to Rohan and Rahul). Which is fine...because you DON'T have to gel with everyone. But then why have any expectations from any of them at all? 

Look, you can always find justifications for actions and try and defend it (and should be rightly be done so in circumstances) but when you pretty much have the whole house (of 12 other members) that stay with her 24/7 having a single opinion, it's not exactly difficult to filter out the problem. That would be herself. She can put the blame all she wants but until she seriously starts reconsidering her actions/words/behavior, I don't think there is much to consider why the housemates don't like her. 

Thanks Nym! 

@bold - this is the root of the problem - how much effort has she made with 'everyone'? Her effort to gel has been selective, and even those have only worked because the people in question are willing to overlook/ignore her abusive attitude. Her efforts with others have hardly lasted through their original purpose - she was suddenly friendly with Manveer to get back at Gaurav, and then he was dropped like a hot potato before you could say 'huh'. The same goes with Rohan - bechara was imagining a friendship that never existed for Bani. 

So she wants to hang out with only those she likes - i.e. Gaurav (and now maybe Jason/Sahil), and she's allowed to find the rest 'boring', etc., and she'll abuse/behave badly with the others, but the others must all still like her and understand her, and they don't because they have something against her - all 10-12 of them. Are they not allowed to have their likes/dislikes? 

She'll treat people however she wishes, but she must always be treated with respect and appreciation. She needs to realise that it doesn't work like that. It's a give and take. Yesterday's example is prime - Lopa tells her to 'practice what you preach' and Bani thinks that warrants the response of 'main kutton se baat nahin karti', yet she expects that same Lopa to show her the appreciation she showed others. 

Originally posted by: SP2684

I agree that Bani will probably never be popular among the HMs, but not for the reasons you've outlined, which lay the blame everywhere but with Bani. Sure, all of them have probably used cuss words and sworn at one of the others, on occasion, but none of them use filthy language as exceedingly as Bani does, nor do they name-call at the drop of a hat. None of them end even light arguments with statements like 'main kutton se baat nahin karti', and none of them abuse collectively under the guise of doing so generally. So them not liking her abusive nature, is not an excuse, but rather their prerogative.

[DIV]Your reasons imply that only those that like Bani in the house are genuine - I disagree, and those are not the parameters for genuineness. And Manu need not brainwash people (I don't even think people take him seriously enough for that to stick) - Bani does plenty to alienate people all by herself. For example, she repeatedly taunted Mona over unwashed utensils, and when Mona responded she got sworn at. She unnecessarily made Rohan out to be a liar and embarrassed him the previous weekend, and it was obvious that Rohan was maha annoyed.

As for Rahul - Gaurav couldn't induce Rahul to like Bani, let alone Manu getting him to dislike her. Rahul is strong-minded and mature enough to decide who he likes/dislikes. He's been patient with her for ages - and he's said, time and again, (in main episodes and unseen videos) that he dislikes Bani's attitude, and there's no point trying to explain anything to her, as all you get is aggressive abuse in return. Even yesterday - he did not tell her anything proactively - he knows it's pointless - she kept asking him, and he finally obliged. And he was spot on - if everyone has an issue with you, perhaps you should look inwards for the problem?

[DIV]IMO, rudeness, brashness and a 'my way or the highway' mentality does not equate to straightforwardness. Bani will never be popular in the house because she will never introspect - never will she even entertain the possibility that she could be at fault - as she said to Baba last week: nobody can ever criticise her. Why? Perhaps because she believes she's perfect. But the others don't agree.

What an amazing post! I couldn't have put it better. Not just this one In general too I love reading your opinions/POV! Very level headed & balanced 👏👏👏
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Woww Khamoshh well written! Very well done! Didn't knew you write so well.
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nymeria5

@Bold - Bang on!!
noor1995 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Bani will never be popular among HM's because she doesn't plan and plot about everyone behind their backs unlike manu and gang. She says her opinions in front of people. And that's a very good quality which most people whether in BB house or out here in the normal world, don't like. I am her fan coz her personality represents the modern adults across the world, a no-nonsense attitude and being selfish is good coz the world is unfair. Thinking about yourself first is a good thing coz you're here for yourself. And the topic about changing herself just to adjust with 12 other strangers for the short duration of a show, NAH man who wants to change their real self for other's comfort. Being yourself on a show when u have so many fans is giving justice to the fans. Edited by noor1995 - 7 years ago