Amrita Puri in POW: Bandi Yuddh Ke

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
This girl literally stole Sonam's thunder in Aisha ------ was very impressed with her since then ---- just watched the very first episode of *POW: Bandi Yuddh Ke* & her debut on the small screen --- & i am very much impressed -- !!!!
   Some of the very good actors from Amrita Puri to Sandhya Mridul to Purab Kohli are part of the show ------ from the first promo itself i have been looking forward to this show ---- it has the *Homeland* feel to it yet has been rightly Indianized for our Indian audience ---- beautiful backdrop of Punjab & elitist Muslim community --- good writing & direction so far ---- it's a *finite series* --- so hoping it won't get ruined like other shows -!!!!
    Anyone else watching it here -- ? Highly recommend the show if u aren't -- !!!!

Amrita Puri learns to drive a tractor for P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke

By TellychakkarTeam
17 Oct 2016 03:37 PM

Bollywood's renowned director Nikkhil Advani is all set for his second innings on the silver screen with Star Plus's new show P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke. The show is already creating a stir amidst audiences with its gripping trailers and intriguing storyline. While the entire cast of the show has been known to have undergone several months of workshops and intense training for the show, one of the lead protagonists, Amrita Puri, went through a different training altogether to get into the core of her role.

Amrita plays the role of a simple Punjabi girl, Harleen Kaur, whose husband goes Missing in Action' for 17 years post the Kargil war in 1999. She takes charge over the destiny of her in-laws and is considered the breadwinner of the family. She goes on to get her bachelor's degree and takes care of the household.

To get into the crux of her role, the petite actor learnt how to drive a tractor. When Nikkhil mentioned that she would have to ride the tractor during filming in Patiala, she didn't think she'd actually have to ride one. Added Amrita, "I've only driven an automatic car. It's one thing to practice riding a tractor in the compound at a slow speed and actually doing it for the camera. I had to stand up and put all my weight on the clutch to just change gears,'' she reminisces, adding that what made the ride even more difficult was that she had a child sitting beside her as she tried to navigate a kachcha raasta which was two inches above the wheels. "We could have toppled at any point.''

During the second schedule, Amrita had a local change gears for her. He would then jump off into the fields so he wasn't visible in the shot. "The real challenge was doing a bhangra on a moving tractor. When Nikkhil suggested it, I said, 'No chance'. But eventually gave some nervous shots. There were no close-ups fortunately,'' she concludes.

Edited by UntamableSpirit - 7 years ago
Originally posted by .Lakhan.

HomeLand ki desi copy.

From the looks of it -- it does ----- read on Wiki how it's inspired from an Isreal show (Prisoners of War (original title in Hebrew: Translit.: Hatufim, Khatufim Translated: "Abductees") is an Israeli television)
    But i liked it ---- im always in search of good Indian shows ---- even if it's inspired or copied --- i was impressed with the first episode --- !!!!

Edited by UntamableSpirit - 7 years ago
If u want to watch, go for "Sea Hawks", "Swabhimaan", "Karamchand" kind of old hindi shows, much better than what today it comes.
Originally posted by .Lakhan.

If u want to watch, go for "Sea Hawks", "Swabhimaan", "Karamchand" kind of old hindi shows, much better than what today it comes.

I have grown up watching Hindi shows ---  so seen a lot of them already ---- *๐Ÿ˜›*----  from ur list seen Swabhimaan & Sea Hawks ---- though it's been so long ago so re-watching 'em isn't possible now ---- can't find 'em all online --- !!!

this looks interesting ๐Ÿ˜Š
Amrita plays the role of a simple Punjabi girl, Harleen Kaur, whose husband goes Missing in Action' for 17 years post the Kargil war in 1999. She takes charge over the destiny of her in-laws and is considered the breadwinner of the family. She goes on to get her bachelor's degree and takes care of the household.
sounds interesting..will watch๐Ÿ˜ณ
i like her too..she was so adorable in Aisha and quite cute in Kai Po Che..
this show looks very promising..i missed the first episode yest..will def watch it though!
Yes they have taken the perfect background for the adaptation. Kargil war does have a special place in the mind of today's generation. As it is the closest war we can remember.
Watched today's epi and finally watched the first epi on Hotstar. The story is really interesting and the actors are so good..esp. Amrita. The BG score, direction, cinematography.. everything is so perfect. 
She is doing BRILLIANT job in POW..