laaga chunari mein daag...

Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Today's episode was full of MehRya goodness. The part where he so plainly and matter-of-factly tells her he wont let her get away from him was all kinds of revealing, loaded and awesome. But an analysis on that can wait for another day. This post is about the dupatta scene that was also in the promo which I feel was full of potent symbolism.
A dupatta or a veil is a symbolism of izzat or honour. It has been viewed as such for eons and plays an integral role in cultural attire. It is also synonymous with tradition, values etc. Basically a dupatta isn't merely an article of cloth. Which is why ripping it away also connotes a number of things - most importantly stripping someone of their dignity and/or honour.

Keeping all that in mind, I don't think it was random or arbitrary that MehRya had this exchange. I think it's a sign of the things to come in the future.

After their exchange, it takes a couple of moments before Shaurya snatches Mehek's dupatta. They have a heated argument and while Shaurya wants Mehek to be apologetic, all he sees on her face is defiance instead. It is in this paused moment, where he gives her time to concede to him but she doesn't, that he decides on his next move. It begins with him wanting her to behave in a way he sees fit and she refusal to bend to his wishes. Of him bossing her around, and of her refusing to give in. Much like they are at the moment.

Him snatching her dupatta then becomes metaphor for the way he already does and will continue to behave with her in the future. Questionable behaviour that he derives pleasure from.

However, and this was the most important and interesting part of their interaction, once he's done and satisfied, he takes her dupatta and places it back on her. He then proceeds to cover and cloak her in it completely. Secure, protected and shielded. More so then she was to begin with. Consider that for a moment.

And that my dear friends, is what the future holds for us.

Such a small scene, but so very telling. Of course, I may be overthinking this whole thing but that moment where she stands completely covered in her red duppata that he had just draped around her, staring at him as he watches her was perhaps the highlight of the show for me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oceanus85 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing post. I too liked how he said he won't let her get away from him.  It was quite telling.  Also loved your analysis of the dupatta scene.  Let's hope the writers were thinking along the same lines as you. I can't wait for more MehRya scenes like this.  It looks like tomorrow we will not get their scenes.  Maybe a chatting scene as they are both home.
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing post Kashish!! Love the symbolism!!! 👏
Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved your analysis...perfect future  track
sameera_theone thumbnail
Yes todays episode was full of Mehrya's scenes 😳that catch and fall and that eyelock😳😳...is it just me who thinks that Shaurya was lost in that moment 😳for some time before he came to his senses😉 or am i overthinking...and i loved how he told her that he would not let her get away from him😳😳. He said it with so much style and arrogance.😳...damn the man is hot😳...and that smirk .😳😳... this scene was so much telling of wat kind of lover would Shaurya be.😉...iam sure he will be very possessive and passionate...😳😉...and that Duppatta scene was so...hayeee..😳😳..Shaurya wanted her to bend to his will and apologise 😳but he just saw defiance and attitude in her eyes😎 and then he went ahead and took her duppatta 😲😲(let me clarify that i dont support such behaviour at all)...but he did it with so much style and haq..😳...and while he was cleaning his suit jacket...he kept looking at her and didnt break the eye contact..😳😳..then draped it around her😳 ...covering her completely 😳...as someone pointed out this is how this relationship is going to be in future Shaurya wud exercise his haq on her and will also protect her from the world...😳😳..his to fight...his to love...his to possess😳.
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sameera_theone

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="4">Yes todays episode was full of Mehrya's scenes 😳that catch and fall and that eyelock😳😳...is it just me who thinks that Shaurya was lost in that moment 😳for some time before he came to his senses😉or am i overthinking...and i loved how he told her that he would not let her get away from him😳😳. He said it with so much style and arrogance.😳...damn the man is hot😳...and that smirk .😳😳... this scene was so much telling of wat kind of lover would Shaurya be.😉...iam sure he will be verypossessiveand passionate...😳😉...and that Duppatta scene was so...hayeee..😳😳..Shaurya wanted her to bend to his will and apologise 😳but he just saw defiance and attitude in her eyes😎 and then he went ahead and took her duppatta 😲😲(let me clarify that i dont support such behaviour at all)...but he did it with so much style and haq..😳...and while he was cleaning his suit jacket...he kept looking at her and didnt break the eye contact..😳😳..then draped it around her😳 ...covering hercompletely😳...as someone pointed out this is how this relationship is going to be in future Shaurya wud exercise his haq on her and will also protect her from the world...😳😳..his to fight...his to love...his to possess😳.</font>

.his to fight...his to love...his to possess

Love this line Sameera.

sameera_theone thumbnail
Thanks Namita...😉
I forgot to add...His to Fight...His to protect...his to love and his to possess😳😳
Edited by sameera_theone - 7 years ago
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
CP, Thanks for making this post. I was looking forward to reading  symbolism in the promo.

I think it'll be Shauraya's  reputation & status that'll be tarnished someway by some innocent act of Mehak.She's the one who stains his" expensive' suit and no idea about how expensive it is.Remember the green room scene? He is still smarting from the public humiliation M meted out to him.

To restore his prestige, he might use Mehak ruthlessly, the way he snatched her duppata was telling.Once he clears himself after throwing her into the mud, he'll giver her back her dignity by covering her up.
The way he was looking at while he draped the duppata was caring,soft & Mehak was stunned& angry .and interestingly, Mehak adjusts it to her original style in defiance.

I want to link this to the earlier scenes during their first meeting at Delhi Haat. When Mehak fell, she fell on his cardboard cut-out, taking it down with her.Her fall is gonna impact his image somehow. Then he ignored her first &  came back later & force fed her the energy bar,which she spat out.Later she thanked him & he gave her another bar for future.

Shaurya is going to be trapped in the web he's weaving for Mehak & things will spiral out of his control.He'll have to seek her help/ use her to get out the mess, they both will be in.That's waht am reading from these symbols now.

Exciting times ahead. Daag is not just on chunari it's on expensive suit too.And "Daag acha hai"😆
I'm dreaming of a wedding before Sonal's in Dec.
Edited by simran_singh_24 - 7 years ago
hailly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post dear.
The episode contains lots of symbolism and also he draped Mehek with red color shawl and the color resolution symbolize many things
Waida1234 thumbnail
Hey...Kash...! Good observation...and, as always brilliant analysis...! 👍🏼

You've penned down the dupatta scene so beautifully...that nothing more needs to be added...! So...this time, shall make it short and simple...! 

I think every action has either equal or opposite reaction...! People react to how you make them feel...! It is believed that indifference is the epitome of evil...! Here Mehek's indifference i.e, not prostrating and not being apologetic before the Great Lord Shaurya leads to his bold action...and her's shock reaction...! It's only after this audacious action of his...that Mehek's really reacts...! Shaurya likes the wild side Mehek...! Her wilderness ignites passion in him...! 😉

For me...Shaurya heart has already succumb to this middle-class girl...but, his mind is battling against it, because of his dark and painful past...! If unconsciously, it's love that Shaurya is feeling for Mehek...then this indifference of her's is even more difficult for him to endure...! Love cannot withstand indifference...! Love needs to be wanted...like a lamp, it needs to be fed up out of oil of another heart..! 

I do think likewise...! The pulling off of the dupatta using force and anger...and then draping of the same with diplomacy and delicacy will have it shares of significance in future...!  Shaurya...who'll first taint Mehek character and defame her reputation publicly...will also be her Knight in Shining Armor who'll protect and fight to restore/rebuilt her reputation in the society...! ⭐️

Edited by Waida1234 - 7 years ago