Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

Today's episode was full of MehRya goodness. The part where he so plainly and matter-of-factly tells her he wont let her get away from him was all kinds of revealing, loaded and awesome.
But an analysis on that can wait for another day. *Clears throat* Whatever. I knew he was a wolf. i called it. i want to be cited when you do write a requiem for this sadist. And i know you will.
 This post is about the dupatta scene that was also in the promo which I feel was full of potent symbolism. I love your interpretation of stuffu.Especially the way you put it across. So deliciously.

A dupatta or a veil is a symbolism of izzat or honour. It has been viewed as such for eons and plays an integral role in cultural attire. It is also synonymous with tradition, values etc. Basically a dupatta isn't merely an article of cloth. Which is why ripping it away also connotes a number of things - most importantly stripping someone of their dignity and/or honour. *tiny flinch here*

Keeping all that in mind, I don't think it was random or arbitrary that MehRya had this exchange. I think it's a sign of the things to come in the future. *greater purpose. which we need to discuss in greater detail.*

After their exchange, it takes a couple of moments before Shaurya snatches Mehek's dupatta. Which makes me wonder. Was the action deliberate or an impulsive one. They have a heated argument and while Shaurya wants Mehek to be apologetic, all he sees on her face is defiance instead. It is in this paused moment, where he gives her time to concede to him but she doesn't, that he decides on his next move. It begins with him wanting her to behave in a way he sees fit and she refusal to bend to his wishes. Of him bossing her around, and of her refusing to give in. Much like they are at the moment. Nananana yeah yeah yeah, you bring out the naughty thoughts in me. Nanaananah.

Him snatching her dupatta then becomes metaphor for the way he already does and will continue to behave with her in the future. Questionable behaviour that he derives pleasure from. *Muffled screaming*

However, and this was the most important and interesting part of their interaction, once he's done and satisfied, he takes her dupatta and places it back on her. He then proceeds to cover and cloak her in it completely. Secure, protected and shielded. More so then she was to begin with. Consider that for a moment. *How about no. Because that is a place you can't return from*

And that my dear friends, is what the future holds for us. *It had better hold some one shots too*

Such a small scene, but so very telling. Of course, I may be overthinking this whole thing but that moment where she stands completely covered in her red duppata that he had just draped around her, staring at him as he watches her was perhaps the highlight of the show for me. *And for my virtual ears. Because of our loud fangirling*

SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Waida1234

Hey...Kash...! Good observation...and, as always brilliant analysis...! 👍🏼

You've penned down the dupatta scene so beautifully...that nothing more needs to be added...! So...this time, shall make it short and simple...! 

I think every action has either equal or opposite reaction...! Newton. Damn that fellar tbh. But he comes in handy to explain ship  dynamics. People react to how you make them feel...! It is believed that indifference is the epitome of evil...! Here Mehek's indifference i.e, not prostrating and not being apologetic before the Great Lord Shaurya leads to his bold action...and her's shock reaction...! It's only after this audacious action of his...that Mehek's really reacts...! Shaurya likes the wild side Mehek...! Her wilderness ignites passion in him...! 😉 I'm putting you on the "😉" alert.

For me...Shaurya heart has already succumb to this middle-class girl...but, his mind is battling against it, because of his dark and painful past...! If unconsciously, it's love that Shaurya is feeling for Mehek...then this indifference of her's is even more difficult for him to endure...! Love cannot withstand indifference...! Love needs to be wanted...like a lamp, it needs to be fed up out of oil of another heart..!  For me, it seems that he likes having things under his control. In his grip. In a way its his way of making sure he doesn't get hurt. He has a fixed way of interacting with people. That keeps him sane. Add in a wild card that doesn't behave in the way he had mentally predicted, he will try to mold , in this case, Mehek to be the way he thinks she will be. When she responds with the least amount of interest, he can't stand it.

I do think likewise...! The pulling off of the dupatta using force and anger...and then draping of the same with diplomacy and delicacy will have it shares of significance in future...!  Shaurya...who'll first taint Mehek character and defame her reputation publicly...will also be her Knight in Shining Armor who'll protect and fight to restore/rebuilt her reputation in the society...! ⭐️ i want to read this. In great detail