OS- Sita's Goodbye

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Guys this is not exactly mine. Mostly translated from the Malalyalam song Sumuhurthamayi from the hit movie Kamaladalam. If possible watch it in You Tube. It is a very beautiful song with classical base sung by KJ Yesudas
Sita looked around. Time has come. The auspicious time has come for her to say goodbye. It was twilight . The stars were faintly seen.The nature was standing with head bowed in front of their beloved daughter. Ram was standing looking at her his eyes briefly meeting hers, then there was praja and purohits of Ayodhya their eyes reflecting the question. Janaki took a deep breath. First she turned towards the nature.
" Hey trees, flowers, oh the beautiful stars, butterflies, birds, animals  in my whole life I have always loved you, nurtured you but today it is time for me to say goodbye as the time has come for me to end this earthly life which has asked me question after question only. So please accept my final pranam to all of you"

Ram looked tight lipped, but the praja and purohits now were trembling. They were not sure what was coming their way.

Sita turned to Ram  " Hey Raghunandan with the auspicious sound of the Triyambaka bow breaking you bought the lamp of Mithila to the illustrious royal palace of Ayodhya. The kingdom where both sun and moon shines. This princess of Mithila came here with dreams in her eyes. I wanted to light the palace and kingdom as a diya. But the day the choodamani of my love was forsaken for the throne  my dreams also died. Now it is time for me to say goodbye to you, to the palace, to my dreams " She folded her hands and Ram closed his eyes.

Then she looked at the Praja and Purohit of Ayodhya, fire coming from her eyes. Praja and Purohit couldn't meet the woman in whose eyes Agni was burning " Proof, proof of my purity. A society which couldn't trust the Agni who came and gave the proof. Agni the most purest thing on this earth is not to be trusted. More proof is wanted. Yes I will give proof. Hey mother. I have come through you. I have grown up in Mithila. And if it is true that Sita has her heart only at her Ramapada take her back in your womb. Give the world the proof of my purity"

Praja, purohit. Ram everyone stood stunned as earth shook, thunder happened. Before they knew the earth broke in between and out came the bhudevi in her throne. Ram cried Sitae. Praja said Mata don't go. Sita stepped on her mother's lap. Bhudevi wrapped her arms around her daughter and before everyone knew what happened disappeared. Night has fallen in Ayodhya. Mahalakshmi has gone, rejecting Ayodhya, its Sanskriti.  

Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautiful... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow Shruthi it's beautiful.  
 I will try to watch the song on YouTube.
jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its heart wrenching but its the inevitable truth and ending.Your OS perfectly reflects it.
I am waiting for this scene in SRK but mostly waiting for Siya's ans to society. It should be special bcz we all need it,the society need the proper ans.

I expect there should be a heartfelt conversation between Ram and Siya before the Bhumiprabesh.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks beautiful

Yes Prasada we all are waiting for Siya's answer to society. Current society needs it. Because the present society has made Sita a cry baby and a door mat. Yes even I would prefer atleast Siya-Ram soul to soul talking before bhoomipravesh
pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its a nice depiction..
I don't know the real depiction of this (Bhumipravesh by Sita ji) in Ramayan.
Was it this way? she giving proof of her purity again?and this time she didnt give
by entering the fire but decided to leave the earth by Bhumipravesh??

From childhood what stories of Ramayan I saw.. In those Sitaji and Luv kush
meet Ramji and they have a emotional happy union.. Ramji meeting his kids
and Sitaji seeing Ramji hugging their kids.. Content with their union but she run
away from there and call bhumidevi to take her.. as her time has come to leave
the earth as her purpose of birth was fulfilled. I never saw Bhumipravesh as Sitaji
rejecting Ayodhya and its praja..

I am not watching SKR regularly.. but saw recent epi.s..
As now Story coming to its end.. I am eager to see how they portray Bhumipravesh..
Shruti I read your last few analysis of the epi.s and it is making me understand the
story better ðŸ˜Š 

shruthiravi thumbnail
@pree yes the final test is Sita's Bhoomipravesh to prove her purity as I understand it. because her purity needs to be established beyond doubt for her sons to get legitimacy and their rights as Ayodhya princes.
If you hear the Malayalam song with exact translation it is the question of Sita to Ram, her pain on her banishment
pree_28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@pree yes the final test is Sita's Bhoomipravesh to prove her purity as I understand it. because her purity needs to be established beyond doubt for her sons to get legitimacy and their rights as Ayodhya princes.

If you hear the Malayalam song with exact translation it is the question of Sita to Ram, her pain on her banishment

Right.. it can be to prove..to give Luv kush their rights!!
Still to give test to prove your purity to society again and again.. when you did no mistake..
It can't be more sad and brutal to that person.

But in my conscious "Ramayan" is away from such brutal aspects.. and it give Peace.. so
for my peace of mind, I will hold on to the Stories I heard and saw in childhood ðŸ˜Š
and see new & different perception of the story from SKR and your analysis.. and learn
something from it 😉.
Ok I will hear this song with translation 😊 Thanks for sharing it.

shruthiravi thumbnail
@pree beauty of Ramayan is that even the most heart wrenching scene in it will bring serenity to you. Because you feel sense of justice, sense of dharma. No other book can give you that feel
pree_28 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@pree beauty of Ramayan is that even the most heart wrenching scene in it will bring serenity to you. Because you feel sense of justice, sense of dharma. No other book can give you that feel

So true.. 😊
I am not very good at expressing..! but I want to share this again..this one movie "Legend of Prince Ram" (It's an animated movie) its the first Ramayan Story I saw in childhood and that
time Diwali holidays were incomplete without this. It gives me a beautiful feeling while watching
it and that memory stays with you.. 😊

I am babbling  here now?! haan? 😆

jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shruti di,in my opinion every time Siya is asked to give test she did without any question bcz she had learned from Janak that u should not hesitate even AP if its about ur self respect  and she did it. But when it came to her children the symbol of her love,sacrifice, loyalty, respect and faith on her Raghunandan she did not keep quite. Because she did what a dignified woman would have done for her children, for herself, for her true love as well as for all women.

I got ans that why Ram banished her even when he knew the purity of Siya but he had no other option bcz he had to choose one nd he had only one option. By doing that he kept Lokmaryada did justice to Raghukul but on the other hand injustice happened to Siya even if he did not wanted to nd did not have any choice. So how did Dharma established and which way ? Luv Kush also asked Ram directly in SRK that if gurudev declared u Maryada Purusotam then why when justice is not done completely.

I am waiting if SKR cv can solve my dilemma in coming episodes.