Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mads thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
finally I got to replying to this one...😳

Originally posted by: AreYaar

So the last day is finally here...so many mixed emotions finally culminating in this finale. 

Too many mixed emotions...but I think the biggest one of all is sheer happiness for the fact that we got to experience this...and mostly I think PJ-ND ke segments where they are themselves so proud of their work and are sooo okay with the show ending, are able to be so rational about it- pata nahin, all of it just made the last episode very very memorable for me... 

So much happened in the lead up to this...we got nearly two full weeks of possibly the longest run of fantastic epis in the timeline of this show (brief as it was). The team outdid themselves in the Meera realization, confession, Abhi-Meera shaadi and morning after episodes...πŸ‘πŸ‘...set new benchmarks and made a permanent special place in all our hearts. 

My expectations were low coming into this final episode but as they have done many times, the team pleasantly surprised me with many poignant bits.  Even though the show was primarily focussed on Abhi-Meera's journey, the last episode unfolded through Babli's eyes in many ways and I think that was a great call to round this off in an emotionally fulfilling way. 

This episode was sooo old-school, gave me MAJOR 90s ke show waale vibes...like there was so much happening in one episode and soo much of content packed into just 20 mins...no OTT hugs or kiss scenes, just plain conversations with just so much depth in them...there was something magical about this finale... like Vibha said in one thread: a hand written letter in the times of social media.😳 a standing ovation to the team for making this a perfect combination of logic, emotions and story! πŸ€—

The first Babli-Amma scene was such a fantastic way to begin...there is so much I want to say about how much I've admired the way Babli has been written and enacted...a character who carries the burden of her condition heavily on her shoulders yet displays immense strength and such a dignified way of protest in many crucial moments...this equation she's had with her MIL where she's always assertively expressed when she disagreed with the calls that were made by Amma, without being rude or disrespectful...writing winπŸ‘...but more than that the actress playing Babli...what an absolute pleasure to watch her in this role. 

Babli is definitely the surprise package of the show for me...I never expected to fall in love with this character SO much...and in the last episode she just made a permanent place in my heart. I was happy with everything except for the fact that when it comes to her husband she is so blinded by his love that she cannot see him for who he truly is...but then, they covered that loop as well... the actress is really good and her eyes especially are soo soo expressive...its good she plays Abhi's mother because Abhi (PJ) ke eyes are equally expressive...sigh, the casting has been top-notch! πŸ‘

And Amma is such a typical bipolar old lady...lol first acting like a dictator, then trying to justify it through emotional blackmail and a misguided martyr complex...regardless, I loved this equation that her and Babli shared...where she listened to Babli's disagreements and grudges with her without being nasty to her...even though I disliked many things Amma did, I appreciated her love for Babli. 

The reveal about Yograj was a pleasant surprise and kudos to the show again for not making Babli a totally clueless wife blindly worshiping her useless husband...

I love how realistic the relationship b/w Amma and Babli was...they'll both be upset with each other yet still tell each other to take care...Amma worried about Babli having to sit alone in the dark and Babli telling Amma to not be so upset as she heads to the mandir...

I LOVED that conversation sooo much. And have always loved the relationship betn Amma-Babli... its always a tug-of-war between them, emotionally...and its so clear how much both love and adore each other despite the major differences...can never ever forget that scene where Amma comes up and gives babli a choclate for not behaving nicely with her...awww and kal ka scene too, where Amma agrees to not go to the mandir to stay at home with babli so that she doesnt have to live alone in the darkness...its these small things you know that the team has taken care of that will stay with us forever...and sigh, honestly, I dont think ppl are ready to see this- coz its just too real- TV=fantasy land for most ppl so obviously this kind of things they wont watch. Amma is an interesting character for me or maybe the actress playing it is nailing it...coz pata nahin, you feel every bit of her emotion, like she makes you feel angry at her, phir bhi in moments like this she seemed a bit lonely and afraid to me...she is bipolar- completely, swaying from one side to the other...but her love for her family is unconditional- although it borders on taking the other person for granted...but then thats how love is, normally...especially in big joint families where there is only one bread-winnder of the family. 

LOLL@ Meera pulling her father's name to get that lazy doctor to drag his ass over to the Pant house...and then people say the girl isn't smart :P

Really liked how that entire scene was set up...Meera taking charge, Abhi managing to pitch in with his Engineering knowledge vis a vis the battery over the phone and Bhaiyya-Bhabhi managed to display their exceptional teamwork and save the AmmaπŸ˜†

the scene was a winner...coz of so many things. Glad they didnt go the way of meera having done her 6-month ka course in medicine πŸ˜† but rather more about how she has a great presence of mind... the way she handles the entire situation without fumbling- pehle calling the doctor (very logical)...using her dad's name to get things done (waah..seekh rahi hai duniyaadari πŸ˜†).. then uske baad trying to search online, but battery low (although she had 3g) and then laptop ki battery bhi khatam...they truly, truly, rounded off Meera's character sooo well in this epi...matlab its almost like she finally got a chance to showcase just how great she is in these type of situations and she did...then her phone-call with Abhi- before he even has a moment to go senti about Amma, she silences him by asking him what she can do next...Abhi ki desing ki hui battery and him explaining it to her over the phone...soo soo well done!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ love the partnership they have established between these two...honestly THIS is their USP...and this is the result of all the friendship build-up in the initial epis that they are sooo attuned to each other even in such panic-driven situations πŸ€—

I was rolling my eyes when Amma first started with her, "Tussi jaa rahe ho?" dialogue-baazi with meeraπŸ˜†...so convenient, Amma...so a person has to be on the brink of dying so that someone can save them and prove their worth? WaaahπŸ˜†...but anyways, it all worked out in the end...Amma finally understood ki namoono ki family mein sirf Meera jaise super namooni bahu hi fit ho sakti haiπŸ˜†

awww I adored that scene...LOL, ek baar pehle bhi Amma had melted when she learnt the truth about Meera wrt money...yahan pe she was just acting childish coz man mein she knew Meera had a good heart- babli ke yogi waale convo mein bhi she was rendered speechless when babli said ki meera ki wajah se everything got sorted...and now when its come to her life, obviously she had to melt πŸ˜† selfish toh woh hai hi...LOL. but LOVED how Meera still looked khafaa and angry and upset by the whole thing...until Amma explained in much detail about how there was no one and how she saved her life all on her own...LOL @ Abhi giving Amma a bemused look at her antics as if he knew in his heart ki yeh din jab Amma would accept meera would be like this only.. but mostly I am SOOO SOOO glad that the whole 'accepting meera' business was sorted because of incidences like this and not something like she had to prove her expertise in the kitchen or that she learnt to do rasams properly...she accepted meera for what she is- BECAUSE of what she is.. loved how she went "yahi toh samasya hai...tum sab kuch apni marzee se karti ho...muh dikhai mein tumhari marzee thi toh so gaee" πŸ˜† and ofcourse the best, best...my mosttt fav bit was when Amma says "humari family mein kaun normal hai...sab namoone hai...ek aur namooni hi sahi...yeh meri namooni beti mere saathi hi rahegi" LOVED thw wording there, not bahu, but BETI... such a powerful, powerful message- hats off to the team!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I can only pity those other shoes who want to so desperately show nayi soch stretched across in 200 epidoes when humare show mein woh 5 min mein hi dikha diya unhone with the way Amma accepted Meera πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The final touch with Meera smartly managing to get Babli down the stairs was nice too...most touching moment of the episode has to be a tearful Babli sitting down on the couch next to Amma and hugging her...really touched my heart. 

I cried in this scene coz it was sooo beautiful...loved how Meera did it...hahaha, how she prepared a list of all the wrongs done by the Pant family and how they mistreated her, lol...kitna apnapan tha uss argument mein bhi πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ and adored Abhi-Meera ki pretense nok-jhok later on when Abhi caught onto Meera πŸ˜† Ramraj-Madhu looked positively shocked at the way Abhi was telling her to go if she wanted to...ROFL 🀣 again, such a wonderful connection these two share- so underrated and yet, sooo unique and special πŸ˜³ sigh...will really miss Abhi-Meera πŸ€— and when babli finally came down, everyone was just...so overwhelmed...and babli crying in Amma's arms has to be the moment of the day for me...remembering it still brings tears to my eyes... it was metaphorical as genie said...she broke from her self-imposed shackles... but mere liye it was also about how she finally let go of that guilt of not doing enough got the family finally considered herself good enough to be down there with all of them... I wanted babli to come down during abhi-meera wedding, but this is sooo much better β€οΈ

Abhishek ki megawatt smile was back the moment he saw Amma pighloingπŸ˜†...the last family scenes were quite sweet...Abhishek couldn't stop hugging Amma, Babli and Meera in turns from behind the couchπŸ˜†...oh so happy he was ki finally sulah ho gayi.

Surprising touch with how quickly Madhu said a sorry after all her endless rants of prejudice and bitterness against Meera...but achha tha to see it happening...lol...somehow it all worked together in the flow of the scene...Pants have always been crazy...quick to be prejudiced and presumptive and then just as quick to melt and get all sappy over each other...lol

all these family visuals were sooo endearing to watch...such beautiful acting by all of them.. especially Abhi hugging his three fav women from behind - Amma, Babli and Meera... LOL, just realizing unlike other shows, we got to see sooo many roles of Abhi here- as son, grandson, brother, friend and husband (whatever chotu sa bit) πŸ˜³ also, the family visuals this takes me back to that BTS where director bhaiyya was saying "camera kisi par bhi pan ho sakta hai issliye pls apne expressions mat chodna" awww massive hugs to him for directing this scene soo soo well..sure issmein bhi wohi hoga coz there was just sooo many of them... 

Nice few touches with one of the chachas actually agreeing to go pay the doctor for once...lol...loop closure from the early days when they all tried to fend off these things on Abhi. 

We knew the selfie was coming but it was still a very sweet visual to end the show onπŸ˜†

selfie toh hona hi tha...it was a day of miracles at the Pant Bhavan that day...jaise real life mein hota hai, aise hi ek normal din suddenly special ban jaata hai without any reason- unke liye this was the day...jab Meera came back, saved Amma and babli climbed down the stairs..everything was so simple, sweet 4-5 hours dikhaye honge poore din ke jab everything happened... no hyperness about how this is the finale toh they should add special stuffs...just concentrated on the emotions and loop closure... the show began with just another day at Pant Bhavan and ended also the same way... it felt really complete...for me, it was the best finale ever  ahhh cannot even decsribe how much I loved it (as if upar likha hua isnt enough πŸ˜†) πŸ€—

Biggg hugs for the entire BBKD teamπŸ€—.  Thank you so much for bringing this amazing journey to our screens...in a few short months, you gave us so much to cherish. 

My heart feels so full today...mostly with gratitude for the fact that this HAPPENED...even if it ended prematurely...but the fact that it happened, that we got to experience this beautiful story with these lovable characters, this super talented cast and crew...like the song we all grew to love so much...this was a language of the heart, meant only to be understood by the heart...and they successfully communicated that to us...these are memories to be treasured :)

sooo true...esp the bold bits...maine upar bhi bola...just sooo happy that it HAPPENED.. will always cherish these memories...the show has SO much repeat value  sighhh, massive hugs to the team πŸ€—I think I will set to do that in another two weeks...tab tak you guys can start with it.. πŸ˜†

Farewell, BBKD...like a mahapurush once said..."Dil ko hai shaq magar, shaayad hum phir milein" ;) πŸ˜†

mahapurush tak kyun jaana...humari Meera ki hi philosophy lelo "tum dekh na...hum zaroor milenge phir se.. goodbye nahin, see you!" πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

and as someone has already pointed out...this song from 3 idiots is apt right now for the way BBKD makes us all feel:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkPvKiVuOc[/YOUTUBE]

there is also a beautiful beautiful marathi song that comes to mind with similiar lyrics...and apt for BBKD vs other shows...will post the meaning of that baad mein πŸ˜³
Edited by mads - 7 years ago
sssenorita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sadly like my other favorite serials - IPKKND, Tere Liye, Rangrasiya, BBKD also came to an end...but it was too early. I started watching for Priyansh Jora but finally loved his portrayal of Abhishek Pant and found a new actoress who is brilliant - Namita Dubey.
She has the spark that Sanaya Irani has, unconventional looks and Awesome acting. Excellent Comic timing and innocent. Not behanji and Saas baht type heroine, nor need to expose to look glamorous. Can looks gorgeous in a simple dress and minimal makeup. Keep up the good work. Hope you come back soon with another good project. Just that will miss you watching on screen with Priyansh Jora...you guys had amazing chemistry and its very rare to be casted again in TV industry.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: mads

This episode was sooo old-school, gave me MAJOR 90s ke show waale vibes...like there was so much happening in one episode and soo much of content packed into just 20 mins...no OTT hugs or kiss scenes, just plain conversations with just so much depth in them...there was something magical about this finale... like Vibha said in one thread: a hand written letter in the times of social media.😳 a standing ovation to the team for making this a perfect combination of logic, emotions and story! πŸ€—

I LOVED that conversation sooo much. And have always loved the relationship betn Amma-Babli... its always a tug-of-war between them, emotionally...and its so clear how much both love and adore each other despite the major differences...can never ever forget that scene where Amma comes up and gives babli a choclate for not behaving nicely with her...awww and kal ka scene too, where Amma agrees to not go to the mandir to stay at home with babli so that she doesnt have to live alone in the darkness...its these small things you know that the team has taken care of that will stay with us forever...and sigh, honestly, I dont think ppl are ready to see this- coz its just too real- TV=fantasy land for most ppl so obviously this kind of things they wont watch. Amma is an interesting character for me or maybe the actress playing it is nailing it...coz pata nahin, you feel every bit of her emotion, like she makes you feel angry at her, phir bhi in moments like this she seemed a bit lonely and afraid to me...she is bipolar- completely, swaying from one side to the other...but her love for her family is unconditional- although it borders on taking the other person for granted...but then thats how love is, normally...especially in big joint families where there is only one bread-winner of the family. 

the scene was a winner...coz of so many things. Glad they didnt go the way of meera having done her 6-month ka course in medicine πŸ˜† but rather more about how she has a great presence of mind... the way she handles the entire situation without fumbling- pehle calling the doctor (very logical)...using her dad's name to get things done (waah..seekh rahi hai duniyaadari πŸ˜†).. then uske baad trying to search online, but battery low (although she had 3g) and then laptop ki battery bhi khatam...they truly, truly, rounded off Meera's character sooo well in this epi...matlab its almost like she finally got a chance to showcase just how great she is in these type of situations and she did...then her phone-call with Abhi- before he even has a moment to go senti about Amma, she silences him by asking him what she can do next...Abhi ki desing ki hui battery and him explaining it to her over the phone...soo soo well done!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘ love the partnership they have established between these two...honestly THIS is their USP...and this is the result of all the friendship build-up in the initial epis that they are sooo attuned to each other even in such panic-driven situations πŸ€—

awww I adored that scene...LOL, ek baar pehle bhi Amma had melted when she learnt the truth about Meera wrt money...yahan pe she was just acting childish coz man mein she knew Meera had a good heart- babli ke yogi waale convo mein bhi she was rendered speechless when babli said ki meera ki wajah se everything got sorted...and now when its come to her life, obviously she had to melt πŸ˜† selfish toh woh hai hi...LOL. but LOVED how Meera still looked khafaa and angry and upset by the whole thing...until Amma explained in much detail about how there was no one and how she saved her life all on her own...LOL @ Abhi giving Amma a bemused look at her antics as if he knew in his heart ki yeh din jab Amma would accept meera would be like this only.. but mostly I am SOOO SOOO glad that the whole 'accepting meera' business was sorted because of incidences like this and not something like she had to prove her expertise in the kitchen or that she learnt to do rasams properly...she accepted meera for what she is- BECAUSE of what she is.. loved how she went "yahi toh samasya hai...tum sab kuch apni marzee se karti ho...muh dikhai mein tumhari marzee thi toh so gaee" πŸ˜† and ofcourse the best, best...my mosttt fav bit was when Amma says "humari family mein kaun normal hai...sab namoone hai...ek aur namooni hi sahi...yeh meri namooni beti mere saathi hi rahegi" LOVED thw wording there, not bahu, but BETI... such a powerful, powerful message- hats off to the team!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I can only pity those other shoes who want to so desperately show nayi soch stretched across in 200 epidoes when humare show mein woh 5 min mein hi dikha diya unhone with the way Amma accepted Meera πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I cried in this scene coz it was sooo beautiful...loved how Meera did it...hahaha, how she prepared a list of all the wrongs done by the Pant family and how they mistreated her, lol...kitna apnapan tha uss argument mein bhi πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ and adored Abhi-Meera ki pretense nok-jhok later on when Abhi caught onto Meera πŸ˜† Ramraj-Madhu looked positively shocked at the way Abhi was telling her to go if she wanted to...ROFL 🀣 again, such a wonderful connection these two share- so underrated and yet, sooo unique and special πŸ˜³ sigh...will really miss Abhi-Meera πŸ€— and when babli finally came down, everyone was just...so overwhelmed...and babli crying in Amma's arms has to be the moment of the day for me...remembering it still brings tears to my eyes... it was metaphorical as genie said...she broke from her self-imposed shackles... but mere liye it was also about how she finally let go of that guilt of not doing enough got the family finally considered herself good enough to be down there with all of them... I wanted babli to come down during abhi-meera wedding, but this is sooo much better β€οΈ

all these family visuals were sooo endearing to watch...such beautiful acting by all of them.. especially Abhi hugging his three fav women from behind - Amma, Babli and Meera... LOL, just realizing unlike other shows, we got to see sooo many roles of Abhi here- as son, grandson, brother, friend and husband (whatever chotu sa bit) πŸ˜³ also, the family visuals this takes me back to that BTS where director bhaiyya was saying "camera kisi par bhi pan ho sakta hai issliye pls apne expressions mat chodna" awww massive hugs to him for directing this scene soo soo well..sure issmein bhi wohi hoga coz there was just sooo many of them... 

selfie toh hona hi tha...it was a day of miracles at the Pant Bhavan that day...jaise real life mein hota hai, aise hi ek normal din suddenly special ban jaata hai without any reason- unke liye this was the day...jab Meera came back, saved Amma and babli climbed down the stairs..everything was so simple, sweet 4-5 hours dikhaye honge poore din ke jab everything happened... no hyperness about how this is the finale toh they should add special stuffs...just concentrated on the emotions and loop closure... the show began with just another day at Pant Bhavan and ended also the same way... it felt really complete...for me, it was the best finale ever  ahhh cannot even decsribe how much I loved it (as if upar likha hua isnt enough πŸ˜†) πŸ€—

mahapurush tak kyun jaana...humari Meera ki hi philosophy lelo "tum dekh na...hum zaroor milenge phir se.. goodbye nahin, see you!" πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

and as someone has already pointed out...this song from 3 idiots is apt right now for the way BBKD makes us all feel:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkPvKiVuOc[/YOUTUBE]

there is also a beautiful beautiful marathi song that comes to mind with similiar lyrics...and apt for BBKD vs other shows...will post the meaning of that baad mein πŸ˜³

Aww loved your whole essay here, MadsπŸ€—...especially the bits I highlighted...Loved your point about the beginning and an ending being just another day at the Pant House...the show definitely had that old 90s waale show ki simple waali vibe and a touch of the Hrishikesh Mukherji old school movies as well...in terms of the sweet simplicity...and it was befitting that they ended the show on that same feel...a seemingly ordinary day but with many significant events unfolding...the first epi opened on the premise of Pants ki lambi list of requirements in their bahu and ended on them being so content in finding Meera as the one that completed their family :)...it was all very fitting for a finale...just right...trying to force in any other scenes in those 20 minutes would have been detrimental to the flow. 

Great point on how the whole "Meera accepting" business happened too...I dare say if the show had gone on for a bit longer, we unfortunately might have seen that very premise...of kitchen cooking tests or other yeh rasam, woh pooja karo kind of tests...ofcourse Meera would have handled it all in with her usual elan...lol but it's good we didn't have to sit through high drama like that. 

And yes, it was good that Amma managed to accept Meera for who she is...despite the underlying selfishness in the reason that she only saw all this about Meera when Meera saved her life...lol but moving beyond that, yes she accepted Meera with all her irreverence so that was nice to see.  Dialogues were very well written in that scene of Amma's. 

Re: Babli...I think it was a combo of both theories...yes, a breaking away (both psychologically and physically) from self-imposed shackles as well as her finally finding the self-confidence to make it down all the way without doing it just in a huff...I guess they always wanted to save her walk down the stairs as a momentous plot line so they didn't want to lump it in with Abhi-Meera's wedding...it was deffo fitting this way :)

Word on getting to see so many roles of Abhi too...actually other shows will usually show the ML in the beta, bhai, pati roles too but the difference in this case lies in the WAY they showed him in all those roles...he was truly something different among the MLs on TV.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: dilse99

A fitting end to a lovely show 😊

Thanks to all the forum members, esp. AreYaar for all the thoughtful daily posts, and @Mariaa.SG and @mads for all their contributions as well. I really enjoyed reading everyone's opinions, and even though this was a short journey, it was a memorable one!

BBKD is the first show that actually made me want to come and post here (even though technically I joined 5 years ago...lol..). It just goes to show how special BBKD is. 😊

A big thank you to the whole team for giving us a sweet, light-hearted show that worked and clicked in a way that very few do! Gonna miss Abhishek and Meera the most - definitely in my all time favorites of characters on TV!

To BBKD: Jag Ghoomeya thaare jaisa na koi! (I don't think I can listen to this song again and not connect it to this show πŸ˜† )

Thanks for the sweet and kind words, Dilse! It has indeed been a lovely forum to interact in for all of us...a small, happy group we've had here...rare on IFπŸ˜†...glad you enjoyed participating as well. 

Aww@ your last line...haha I can never listen to that song without thinking of Abhi-Meera either...
Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
there r no FF or stories ..so our forum is more special..but actually looks like PJ n ND want someone to aagey badhaao the story they said in tht video na.. ki koi likho.. so just for their requests sake i hope somone writes a nice story a nice FF not a hot waala typical..but achey sensible content waala ff