Oct 7th: Farewell with a Full Heart

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
So the last day is finally here...so many mixed emotions finally culminating in this finale. 

So much happened in the lead up to this...we got nearly two full weeks of possibly the longest run of fantastic epis in the timeline of this show (brief as it was). The team outdid themselves in the Meera realization, confession, Abhi-Meera shaadi and morning after episodes...👏👏...set new benchmarks and made a permanent special place in all our hearts. 

My expectations were low coming into this final episode but as they have done many times, the team pleasantly surprised me with many poignant bits.  Even though the show was primarily focussed on Abhi-Meera's journey, the last episode unfolded through Babli's eyes in many ways and I think that was a great call to round this off in an emotionally fulfilling way. 

The first Babli-Amma scene was such a fantastic way to begin...there is so much I want to say about how much I've admired the way Babli has been written and enacted...a character who carries the burden of her condition heavily on her shoulders yet displays immense strength and such a dignified way of protest in many crucial moments...this equation she's had with her MIL where she's always assertively expressed when she disagreed with the calls that were made by Amma, without being rude or disrespectful...writing win👏...but more than that the actress playing Babli...what an absolute pleasure to watch her in this role. 

And Amma is such a typical bipolar old lady...lol first acting like a dictator, then trying to justify it through emotional blackmail and a misguided martyr complex...regardless, I loved this equation that her and Babli shared...where she listened to Babli's disagreements and grudges with her without being nasty to her...even though I disliked many things Amma did, I appreciated her love for Babli. 

The reveal about Yograj was a pleasant surprise and kudos to the show again for not making Babli a totally clueless wife blindly worshiping her useless husband...

I love how realistic the relationship b/w Amma and Babli was...they'll both be upset with each other yet still tell each other to take care...Amma worried about Babli having to sit alone in the dark and Babli telling Amma to not be so upset as she heads to the mandir...

LOLL@ Meera pulling her father's name to get that lazy doctor to drag his ass over to the Pant house...and then people say the girl isn't smart :P

Really liked how that entire scene was set up...Meera taking charge, Abhi managing to pitch in with his Engineering knowledge vis a vis the battery over the phone and Bhaiyya-Bhabhi managed to display their exceptional teamwork and save the Amma😆

I was rolling my eyes when Amma first started with her, "Tussi jaa rahe ho?" dialogue-baazi with meera😆...so convenient, Amma...so a person has to be on the brink of dying so that someone can save them and prove their worth? Waaah😆...but anyways, it all worked out in the end...Amma finally understood ki namoono ki family mein sirf Meera jaise super namooni bahu hi fit ho sakti hai😆

The final touch with Meera smartly managing to get Babli down the stairs was nice too...most touching moment of the episode has to be a tearful Babli sitting down on the couch next to Amma and hugging her...really touched my heart. 

Abhishek ki megawatt smile was back the moment he saw Amma pighloing😆...the last family scenes were quite sweet...Abhishek couldn't stop hugging Amma, Babli and Meera in turns from behind the couch😆...oh so happy he was ki finally sulah ho gayi.

Surprising touch with how quickly Madhu said a sorry after all her endless rants of prejudice and bitterness against Meera...but achha tha to see it happening...lol...somehow it all worked together in the flow of the scene...Pants have always been crazy...quick to be prejudiced and presumptive and then just as quick to melt and get all sappy over each other...lol

Nice few touches with one of the chachas actually agreeing to go pay the doctor for once...lol...loop closure from the early days when they all tried to fend off these things on Abhi. 

We knew the selfie was coming but it was still a very sweet visual to end the show on😆

Biggg hugs for the entire BBKD team🤗.  Thank you so much for bringing this amazing journey to our screens...in a few short months, you gave us so much to cherish. 

My heart feels so full today...mostly with gratitude for the fact that this HAPPENED...even if it ended prematurely...but the fact that it happened, that we got to experience this beautiful story with these lovable characters, this super talented cast and crew...like the song we all grew to love so much...this was a language of the heart, meant only to be understood by the heart...and they successfully communicated that to us...these are memories to be treasured :)

Farewell, BBKD...like a mahapurush once said..."Dil ko hai shaq magar, shaayad hum phir milein" ;) 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Smart , Smart writing using Babli as the focal point if this episode. Anything else won't be this pitch perfect.
She is probably the most underrated character of this show and like you mentioned, she was the most unique too. Such a realistic and strong character, she can be assertive about her kids, disagree with her saas yet confined by her limitations. The whole her not coming down the stair be such a metaphor too. She lived in a cocoon too, the illusion of Asshead but then moment she came down , with that moment she has shattered every myth around her.

Amma, interesting character. You see the love, selfishness and loneliness too.Complex character but fascinating ( even though i am glad I don't have to see her insecurities flare up)

Abhi ki engineerin, Meera ki smartness..hayee..So much potential there but then i wonder if this is the perfect thing for them too.

Amma ka beti pyaar..sooo glad . the phrasing gets me..very very interesting.

Just you know the happiness on Abhi-Meera , cousins, family ..and us. Thats this show. Happiness.

Heavy Heart indeed.

Signs off.
AYG
Edited by charminggenie - 7 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Just a minute but OMG the twitter convo of PJ and ND is so much love. Adore these two!!
--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is one sad day for me as two very dear shows of mine ended on the same day... EDKV and BBKD but still this show's wrap up is so admirable, they tied up almost everything and we got a very cute short and sweet love-story along with a pinch of family drama in just 50 episodes. 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Smart , Smart writing using Babli as the focal point if this episode. Anything else won't be this pitch perfect.

She is probably the most underrated character of this show and like you mentioned, she was the most unique too. Such a realistic and strong character, she can be assertive about her kids, disagree with her saas yet confined by her limitations. The whole her not coming down the stair be such a metaphor too. She lived in a cocoon too, the illusion of Asshead but then moment she came down , with that moment she has shattered every myth around her.

Amma, interesting character. You see the love, selfishness and loneliness too.Complex character but fascinating ( even though i am glad I don't have to see her insecurities flare up)

Abhi ki engineerin, Meera ki smartness..hayee..So much potential there but then i wonder if this is the perfect thing for them too.

Amma ka beti pyaar..sooo glad . the phrasing gets me..very very interesting.

Just you know the happiness on Abhi-Meera , cousins, family ..and us. Thats this show. Happiness.

Heavy Heart indeed.

Signs off.
AYG

Ab yeh kya hai?😕😆

Re: Amma...agreed...interesting complexities but there is only so much I could jhelo of her dictatorial behavior...not a pleasant watch in large doses...lol so achha hai itne mein khatam ho gaya. 

Babli will remain the most unique character of the lot, yep...never seen a portrayal of a mother like this, or even a bahu like this...Babli-Amma's relationship has to be the most realistic and nuanced saas-bahu relationship shown on TV...the love that was as solid basis despite all the disagreements on many points. 

Amma ki "beti" waali line was nice, yes but I was still rolling my eyes over how conveniently jaan bachaa li toh instantly beti ban gayi😆

LOL@ Meera doing the drama of recounting all the times the Pants insulted her😆...

Oh that reminds me...the beginning with the sad version of dil ki bhaasha...aww bechaare Abhi-Meera ke latke huye muh😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Just a minute but OMG the twitter convo of PJ and ND is so much love. Adore these two!!

Out of control shipper spotted😛
charminggenie thumbnail
AY- AY-Genie = AYG . Signing off AYG from your episodic threads. 

True, Amma and Papa R were too loud for me , especially the prejudices and a part of me will hate Amma more for the guilttrip she made Abhi go through . 

Babli revelation hai..reminds me of the moment , you gifed it too. When Meera and Abhi come to her room and she looks at them when Meera goes "funny tha, and romantic bhi"..all 3 aced the acting there but Babli ki vibes uff.

Jaan bacchana reminded me of that Rekha movie yeah! 
-Vibha007- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You know these last week's dialogues between prahalad n dadi although annoying.. I felt it pointed towards the ways this TV world works. Lol . dadi being us and prahlad beind the suit cladded trp loving CEO s running /ruining the TV industry.😆
Whenever dadi said humare khile phholon ke saamne aapke mehangein phholon ka mukabla nahi .. It was like all of us trying to put sense to the channel that money doesn't anyways need to dictate how good a show is .. Content does.
Prahalad saying - sarcastically haan humara aapka mukabla hi nahi.. I can fully imagine a  suit clad man telling me 'yeah right'!!! Keep on blabbing your content Jaap.. Let's see who wins. 😆

Anyway I don't know why I'm blabbing all this today!! 

Like I've been saying the entire week. The entire team has been treat to watch. They've held their heads high even while bowing out. Their love for their work just shows on-screen.
Hoping to see them do some other show.
They've set high standards.
After yesterday's drama I had low expectations too but I forgot they were bbkd team and they have always been different. 
Kudos to the team again

Yes yes I did crib about more abhi Meera scenes.. But that's just stupid me.

I'll miss everything about this show!!! 
I'll miss discussing here!!! 

-Vibha007- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Out of control shipper spotted😛

Kahan?? I just saw ND'S that srujana posted
facepalm thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't have much to say today. I am feeling very emotional for obvious reason, but while watching the last few minutes of the episode I had a huge smile on my face. This cast, their lovely interaction, Meera's cute behaviour and Abhi's disarming smile never fails to lift up my spirit.
In some bits it almost seemed like through Meera Namita was expressing her disappointment and displeasure about the show ending. Or maybe it seemed to me like that because I was channelling those feelings😆. Anyway, the fact that they managed to show so many things, tie lose ends like Yogi's one shows the brilliance of this team. And WORD on this episode unfolding from Babli's perspective.

I am really going to miss these characters so much. I just can't deal with saying 'goodbye' to this show